MAFIA FOREVER - Game over - DISNEY FORCE WINS

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a fucking pathetic way to handle signups to be honest. and this game basically goes against the whole point of a basic mafia.
We didn't see the point in having formal sign-ups when we allowed people to reserve spots and more than 21 did so. And how does it go against the point of a basic mafia? There are plenty of people playing (Isy, Ace Matador, Jimbo, iKitsune and pookar to name a handful) who have never played before, or have rarely played.

More 'new players' than both of these two recent basic mafia games, definitely:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54214
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53872

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shiv like I said earlier it, the game's existence was announced on IRC, and people asked to be given spots. It filled up. What was the point of hosting signups after that? We already had subs waiting from the list of people who signed up on IRC, signups here would have been pointless.

And yeah, like thunda said, it has people of varying experience, from absolutely new (e.g AceMatador) to mildly experienced (e.g. Lightwolf/Stoo) to weathered campaigners(e.g. EW/Kumar). We already had subs waiting from the list of people who signed up on IRC, signups here would have been pointless. How's it going against the point of basic mafia?

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Because you limited your pool of players for no reason whatsoever.

Who said AceMatador was the best newbie to select (no offence man) or that dak was the best person for his spot?

If you had actually allowed all the users to sign up, you could've made decisions seeing all the people who wanted to play. Instead, you simply chose people you like/are friends with and went ahead with this. IRC isn't frequented by the whole board, it isn't a requirement to participate in a game and shouldn't be made into one.

You also made timezones a factor in something where they could easily NOT be a factor. Also, I frequent IRC as much as anyone and I never saw these signups, so where exactly did you tell people to sign up?

Yeah, I see your point. But even if there had been a larger pool, tbh we'd have been more likely to choose people we know (and therefore know will be active) anyway. It's too late now, and a load of people have already volunteered to sub. I'm not gonna reply here again as there is a game going on.

Ok based on what I've got currently (quite a bit!) I'm going to ask the following roles to contact me as soon as possible as I would expect them to be in a game run by thunda and Gmax:
Rogue
Mayor
Bodyguard

I have already found the Inspector, Hooker, and Martyr and based on the results from Night 1 I'm making the following lynch.

Lynch Toothache

As iKitsune opened his mouth and spoke, his face instantly filled with terror. He had just realised what he had done. He had done a terrible, terrible thing. He wouldn't live to regret it. He was an honourable man, and knew what he had to do. iKitsune withdrew a Samurai sword, and stuck it straight throw his chest.

This brave and noble man fell to the floor, and his true identity was revealed.

Dear iKitsune,

You are The Last Samurai.

You were played by Tom Cruise, and your in-film name was pretty boring, so we gave you your more popular title instead. You were an American soldier who travelled to feudal Japan, and you were touched emotionally by the ancient and sacred ways of the Samurai. You will be serving your duty in this game to fight off the invaders who are putting your people at risk.

You have the Samurai Armour. The Samurai Armour is an item, and can be given away or lost through other means. This ancient armour was made in the depths of Japan. Whilst you hold the Samurai Armour you cannot be killed during the night. However, the armour is so heavy anyone holding it cannot perform a night action.

You win if the Real World wins.
Out of respect, a random user took the Samurai Armour and threw it into a river. It is destroyed.

iKitsune's vote will still count. This mighty warrior did not die for nothing.

After Tom Cruise's unexpected suicide, you all looked at each other, malice in your eyes, but fear in your heart. Earthworm was first to point the finger at Fishin, but he soon deterred to Ace Matador. This strange man then changed his mind once more, and he voted for Toothache.

The people followed. The fate of this druid is sealed.

Everyone gathered into a huge crowd and advanced on Toothache. Earthworm led this mob, his eyes on fire. Toothache didn't even claim innocence, he just jumped on his motorcycle and tried to escape. He, using his amazing biking skills, escaped the mob.

But he didn't get far. The motorbike soon exploded, and you all approached his corpse.

Dear Toothache,

You are Osama Bin Laden.

You are one of the worlds most infamous terrorists. Not surprising, since you lead Al Qaeda and have been behind the planning of terrorist attacks all over the world. Hell, you're so damn famous I misspelt Al Qaeda and FireFox automatically corrected it for me. That's when you know your organisation has made it in the world. Recently some new terrorists are threatening your reign as the most-feared men alive. You'll stop them, in the name of Muhammed.

You have the Bomb. The Bomb is an item and can be given away or lost through other means. The Bomb was wired to detonate by one of your minions, but he forgot to tell you when. All you know is that soon the Bomb is going to explode, and whoever is holding it will die. You are willing to die for the cause of holy jihad, but maybe not this soon!

You win if the Real World wins.
Realising what caused the explosion, you all decide that the Bomb has been destroyed. There is no body to discard, but the villagers scatter the ashes of their fallen ally to the wind. RIP, Stephen Stafford.

It is now Night 2. You have 45 hours to send Night PMs. Deadline is 8.00PM Tuesday 5th May 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)