Metagross

explosion used to cut the defending pokemon defense when used(thus giving explosion 500 power) but it lost that effect.

imagine a gamefreak high level employee play at smogon server using many poke weak to metagross nad he hate rotom-a. Get swept by agiligross overandover then when he
uses rotom the opponent use meta TTar. The person talk to pokemon BW gameplay
designer and ask him to weaken gross and then the person agree.
Thats why lol
anyway since Ono can partner with meta since ono can defeat rotom why not ?

Oh ok. T_T That sucks a lot. I never knew explosion cuts the defending pokemon's defense lol. I don't think I saw it in the move description. Does it say it on Shoddy after you use and they don't die?

Oh ok. T_T That sucks a lot. I never knew explosion cuts the defending pokemon's defense lol. I don't think I saw it in the move description. Does it say it on Shoddy after you use and they don't die?
The damage receiver's defence is only cut for Explosion's and Selfdestruct's damage calculation in gen 4 (and older?).

its a hidden effect that is not on the move description.

and just for the sake of you not getting the wrong idea, the def drop(50%) of explosion only activate when using explosion and goes away after the damage.

To all people regarding about trick room: nvm. Trick Room is still 5 turns.

Which means more things for Metagross to rape with Claw Sharpen + Life Orb

Tailwind might still be better. There's plenty of things that can "outspeed" Metagross in Trick Room and Tailwind allows you to run max speed for when it goes down. Tailwind now lasts 4 turns instead of 3 so it's almost as good as Trick Room in that regard.

Well then, I'd like an option to the bulky Claw Sharpen set to have a variant with 0 Speed EVs, Hammer Arm over Earthquake, and Explosion slashed in with ThunderPunch. :3

I think maybe the fact that he got a crummy ability works in his favor. He literally has nothing to gain, so he basically retains access to all of his previous gen moves, including the elemental punches and SR. I can think of half a dozen pokemon who would love to have their previous moves (*Ahem GLISCOR*)

wow gross didnt change at all sure explosion got maimed but it was cheap anyways, gross isnt going anywhere, though i think CB set will be used more frequently

wow gross didnt change at all sure explosion got maimed but it was cheap anyways, gross isnt going anywhere, though i think CB set will be used more frequently
I don't think so.That will just mean he gets to compete with Ttar and Scizor for choiced Pokemon.

I hope he is still a viable lead.

of course he is. the only difference is that he gotta stick with grass knot instead of explosion if he want to have a chance VS pert what kinda sucks.

I thought that Female Dream World Pokemon could be bred with Male Gen IV Pokemon, and pass on the ability and the moves from the mother and father respectively.

I'm not 100% sure, but....
That works for getting Egg Moves, but not Gen IV-only TM Moves and Move Tutor Moves.

of course he is. the only difference is that he gotta stick with grass knot instead of explosion if he want to have a chance VS pert what kinda sucks.

I never ran Explosion to begin with.

Metta @ Occa Berry
Adamant
240HP/252 Atk/16Spe

-EQ
-Steatlh Rock
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch

I have always found it better to have 3 attacks rather than Explosion.You can always switch into Breloom and the like.I'm not worried about Swanpert, i'm worried about Shandeera(though it hasn't been released and you can EQ it...but still).Actually even with all these new Pokemon Metta doesn't look like a bad lead.

I would have really hoped that Metagross would've gotten some other ability other than Light Metal (Adaptability? Pure Power?)

I would have really hoped that Metagross would've gotten some other ability other than Light Metal (Adaptability? Pure Power?)
As stated earlier by some posters, Iron Fist would've been nice (and made more sense), considering the plethora of "fist" moves Metagross learns. Levitate would also have been nice and once again, made more sense lore-wise than light metal. But seeing as GF refused to touch anything that has Levitate as an ability (except the Bronzor line, because both Zor and Zong can get Heatproof), Iron fist was more plausible.

But no.

You so silly Game Freak.

As stated earlier by some posters, Iron Fist would've been nice (and made more sense), considering the plethora of "fist" moves Metagross learns. Levitate would also have been nice and once again, made more sense lore-wise than light metal. But seeing as GF refused to touch anything that has Levitate as an ability (except the Bronzor line, because both Zor and Zong can get Heatproof), Iron fist was more plausible.

But no.

You so silly Game Freak.
Metagross would have lost the most important of those punch attacks since Iron Fist would have been incompatible with the elemental punches though. Still, a boosted Bullet Punch would have been great.

Completetly agree iron fist would be amazing, boosting the power of meteor mash and ice/thunderpunch (well, i dont know if they're compatible together with the ability). Oh well, maybe gen 6.

Also, if metagross's counters in gen 5 remains similar (skarmory, rotom formes, zapdos), an iron ball trick set could merit use, slamming a super effective earthquake on all of those aforementioned counters. Even if they don't have those pokemon, you can trick it onto a fast sweeper, crippling its speed. It could also even run grass knot for Swampert and hippowdon, though if you go that route, you could as well go mixed forgoing iron ball for hp fire, which hits skarm, forretress, and scizor for super effective damage. I wonder how viable mixed metagross will be in the gen 5 metagame, but in gen 4 it was rare, though very suprising when you were able to pull it off.

if gamefreak dont give metagross something unique on pokemon grey its going to be the end of us all!

NOOOOOOO!!

yup. iron fist would be good....if was not by the fact he would be unable to use the element punchs with it. he kinda enjoy clear body anyway.

Claw Sharpen is going to help Meteor Mash a lot. Its DW ability sucks though. It takes less from Low Kick/Grass Knot, but thats not helpful. Clear Body is still the obvious ability to use, but I think a Claw Sharpen Metagross will be viable.

So, Metagross finally has a way to boost it's attack. Claw Sharpen + Bullet Punch might be cool, but most of metagross's checks/counters don't mind steel type attacks. Trick-Ball gross might be fun, screws rotom, scarfers, zapdos, shanderra, doryuuzu, etc. Bulky Waters and Hippowdon prolly won't be totally crippled by Iron Ball though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)