Milotic

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Butterfly Dance will be seen on Urgamoth, that is all. I don't think anyone expects Beautifly or such to be OU or even UU anytime soon.
Don't forget about Venomoth. ;) Butterfly Dance + Tinted Lens seems badass, actually. Maybe not OU material, but it's still pretty cool.

The new Grass type Doreida will have it and she might end up in UU/OU. She just lacks good coverage, otherwise she's not bad at all.

The best thing milotic got this generation is a lovely sprite.

As has been said swimming goggles hypnosis is very promising but I doubt it will be coming out of UU for this generation. It got screwed up the fantail with cute charm as it's dream world ability whilst other bulky water's got fantastic abilities.

There are alot of hard hitters this gen and if weather dominates the tier there are other bulky water's who benefit from rain moreso.

Milotic doesn't even get Swimming Goggles Hypnosis. There's no such item as Swimming Goggles, they were a hoax.

I love Milotic, but I expect it to decline even further from Gen IV.

I'm referring to OU play. I don't play UU. It seems like Milotic will be even less useful in Gen V OU.

I'm referring to OU play. I don't play UU. It seems like Milotic will be even less useful in Gen V OU.
To be honest, most bulky waters didn't get much this generation. Suicune got Water Absorb, but it doesn't get it with Sleep Talk and Vaporeon got Hydration but that's almost auto-guaranteeing that you have to run Politoed. I can't find any flaws with Slowbro getting regeneration, but it's still not a pure bulky water.

Dragon Tail + Boiling Water on the Sleeptalker make a sick combination because now Milotic can phaze and cripple physical attackers.

Milotic doesn't even get Swimming Goggles Hypnosis. There's no such item as Swimming Goggles, they were a hoax.

I love Milotic, but I expect it to decline even further from Gen IV.
Ah really? I'll admit I had my doubts when I first heard it upped Sptk and Spd but accuracy and Speed sounded a bit more plausible. Well then in that case milotic really did draw the short straw (lolwaterjoke)

There are new bulky waters to compete with too, Burunkeru might have lower special def than milo but it's immune to all the powerful new fighting types of gen V and could make a great check to blazekien. It also get's recover and will-o-wisp where as most bulky waters will be relying on boiling water to burn physical attackers, which could be too little too late.

But it has pretty "Meh" physical defenses (especially compared to Marvel Scale powered Milotic) meaning while it might ignore Blaziken's Fighting moves it will still get pile drived by neutral physical moves (much less SE ones like Shadow Claw or ThunderPunch). And the fact that it gets recover doesn't matter (Milotic already had that assuming it's not running Rest instead). Will-O-Wisp is good but I don't think the water/ghost is going to be replacing Milotic (mostly because I expect them not to be in the same tiers).

So, I've been using this set on the beta PO gen 5 sim
Milotic@leftovers
Marvel Scale
Calm
252 HP, 228 Def, 16 Sp. Def
Rest
Sleep Talk
Boiling Water
Dragon Tail

And so far I have to say I love the set. If you can get set up and in control you are golden for the match. She can even take an energy ball from...it was either a Shandelaar or a Zoroark. Dragon Tail is so trolly and with marvel scale up she takes so little damage. And the burn rate on Boiling Water is just perfect. I've had it when I didn't need it and had it when I did need it so far.

She will get absolutely crushed from any decent physical attacker without Marvel Scale activated though.

EDIT: After a few more battles she is making people straight up forfeit after she scores key burns.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
try a -speed nature, so dragon tail hits a little bit harder.

Just a nitpick

I cant think of anything important milotic outruns with its base speed and no investment

Just a nitpick

I cant think of anything important milotic outruns with its base speed and no investment
You aren't using Dragon Tail for the damage. And phazing out the new grass/steel type before they can set up leech seed on you is incredibly important.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Milotic is going to love switching in on all the boiling water's being thrown around and activating marvel scale. Losing 6% per turn while getting a 50% defense boost should be pretty awesome.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Milotic is going to love switching in on all the boiling water's being thrown around and activating marvel scale. Losing 6% per turn while getting a 50% defense boost should be pretty awesome.
Yup, it has already been mentioned. :P

Super Mario Bro said:
What are you talking about? Milotic is amazing in this generation with all of the boiling water flying everywhere.
I said this before, but Milotic is going to be really great this gen, especially with all of the status going around (Boiling Water, Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Wave, etc.). In fact, the only status that bother Milotic is the second layer of Toxic Spikes. That's why I would run this with a Roserade. ;)

Just a nitpick

Milotic might actually want to have some extra speed on a rest-talk set because Sleep Talk eliminates Dragon Tail's negative priority. Trust me, I'm pretty good at making movesets for her.

Burn or Phaze with Marvel Scale is the way to to go. Now do we want to give her a calm nature with defense and a little special defense invested or a Bold nature with just physical defense invested?

Milotic might actually want to have some extra speed on a rest-talk set because Sleep Talk eliminates Dragon Tail's negative priority. Trust me, I'm pretty good at making movesets for her.

Burn or Phaze with Marvel Scale is the way to to go. Now do we want to give her a calm nature with defense and a little special defense invested or a Bold nature with just physical defense invested?
I'm going with the latter option. Milotic has plenty of Special Defense already.

Anyway, I like seeing it with Dragon Tail; even though it works off of Milotic's weaker Attack stat, a bit of damage to the opponent with this move can sometimes make a difference when it comes to KOing a Pokemon.

What? Dragon Tail's damage isn't decided by speed, and Milotic's Atk is pretty bad anyway. The great thing about it is that it's a PHazing move on a pokémon which commonly uses and benefits from a Restalk set. As has already been mentioned, Milotic's speed is pretty decent, and it can outspeed plenty of slow walls or bulky pokémon without any investment.

Boiling Water is a great move, but I don't think it's an excuse to invest in SDef instead of Def. In any case, I'm really liking the Boiling Water / Dragon Tail / Rest / Sleep Talk set. Milotic is going to be pretty good this gen.

I think I'll stick with the Calm, 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD spread again this gen, at least until I see a reason to change it.

The EV spread will probably depend on what it is you want to wall; Milotic has the bulk and typing to choose which direction it wants to go in, so specific teammates will probably have a large impact (physically defensive Celebi + Calm 252 / 200 Def / 56 SpD Milotic is an example).

Dragon Tail? Milotic has poor Atk, if you need a Dragon Move go with Dragon Pulse.

Anyway, I hope Milotic (<3) will return beeing OU as last!

I think a Calm nature with max defense and HP could be very useful as you'll have 394 HP/257 Defense or so/317 Special Defense. Of course, 394 HP/400+ Defense/286 Special Defense (with Marvel Scale) seems REALLY awesome.

Just think of it of Milotic's answer to taunt.

Another of my favorites that got nothing new. Well hey, Boiling Water isn't that bad. Combine it with Calm nature, and she could be a tough wall to break. (no pun intended)

Sleep Talk set pairs up very well with entry hazards, especially Toxic Spikes. (Pair it up with Roserade perhaps?)

Another of my favorites that got nothing new. Well hey, Boiling Water isn't that bad. Combine it with Calm nature, and she could be a tough wall to break. (no pun intended)

Sleep Talk set pairs up very well with entry hazards, especially Toxic Spikes. (Pair it up with Roserade perhaps?)
Nattorei could be a very good partner, too... Actually Milotic + Nattorei + Shanderaa could be a very fun new core.

Shanderaa pairs good with Milotic to trap+kill her counters. To be more exact, Grass types. (since we still do not know what Polemon will be in OU or UU.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)