MLB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I'm from new York -_-
I usually support the mets but you know they're literally dead.
Rangers need Cruz back and slugging to secure the wild card imo

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Cruz is our deadliest slugger (yep even more deadly then Kinsler imo), I agree that we really need him back.

Also fuck CJ Wilson and his lack of command, not feeling confident that we will score in the top of the 9th against Howell (unless Young scores again, 3-3 with a triple and a homer!).

EDIT: Fuck 2-1 count and grounds out. Cruz is pinch hitting though!

EDIT2: Goddamn

EDIT3: Hell yea Marlon Byrd!!!! Home Run, 2 outs, Top of the 9th :).

Hailing from Massachusetts, I root for two teams - the Red Sox and whoever's playing the Yankees. (got that off a T-shirt, but it's true.) At the moment, that's the Red Sox, doubly so. We finally managed to snap that losing the streak in absolutely crushing the Yanks, 14-1. It would've been nice to have some of those runs the day before, but eh, you can't win 'em all. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come, along with the development of young pitchers Clay Buchholz and Junuchi Tazawa, who have both won and kept scoring very low in their most recent outings....with Wakefield about to come back, things are definitely looking up, if today's game is any evidence of offensive progress....

The Jays scored more than three runs ._.
I think that we need to immediately hold a celebration because we may never see such glory again.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
They kept the Angels to 3 runs, pretty good effort :).

Helps us out in our eternal struggle to finish top of our division too (y)

Nah it wont happen Angels will win. Division winners look basically set in stone......although I hope the Rockies win the NL West and the Braves or Marlins get Wild Card :).

Noo, the Giants will win the Wild Card. If they're bats start to pick up. Ryan Garko was a good addition along with Freddie. But its still sad how today, Timmy had a NoNo through 6 but they still lost.. But they have a 3 game series back in SF, that would be huge.

BTW, I live in the Bay Area. xD

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
ok who believes in the nym curse of 2009? not only did met-for-a-month Jeff Franceour tear a ligament in his thumb, reports are the Johan Santana will need surgery on his left elbow. if it's TJ surgery, we can forget about having a good 2010 season, as well.

my god. when it rains, it pours. the whole medical staff better go. at some point, these things stop being freak accidents and the doctors and trainers must come into question.

Hailing from Massachusetts, I root for two teams - the Red Sox and whoever's playing the Yankees. (got that off a T-shirt, but it's true.) At the moment, that's the Red Sox, doubly so. We finally managed to snap that losing the streak in absolutely crushing the Yanks, 14-1. It would've been nice to have some of those runs the day before, but eh, you can't win 'em all. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come, along with the development of young pitchers Clay Buchholz and Junuchi Tazawa, who have both won and kept scoring very low in their most recent outings....with Wakefield about to come back, things are definitely looking up, if today's game is any evidence of offensive progress....
Too bad we bombed you with 5 home runs fool
ok who believes in the nym curse of 2009? not only did met-for-a-month Jeff Franceour tear a ligament in his thumb, reports are the Johan Santana will need surgery on his left elbow. if it's TJ surgery, we can forget about having a good 2010 season, as well.

my god. when it rains, it pours. the whole medical staff better go. at some point, these things stop being freak accidents and the doctors and trainers must come into question.
I'm a mets fan first yankees second but mets are dead this year so i feel your pain

The Mets are really feeling the pain this year...
Losing Santana is the worst thing that has happened to them. When they get all their players back, it's not even a guarantee that they'll be at full strength.

Who would have thought that having HALLADAY on the mound and putting up 7 runs would result in a loss?

fucking giants! I just want to shoot the team in the head right now. dropped 3 games to the Rockies in which had the potential to sweep them. messed up as hell. 7+ runs in one inning on game 2. Game 4 was fucking embarassing. Stranded so many runners in 9 innings and wtf 5 runs on the 14th inning, and the same time walking a reliever. Our so-called elite bullpen has blown up in some of the most important games in the season. Never in my life have I been pissed at the Giants since a disappointing loss to the Angels in the World Series. Luckily there are still 1.5 months for wins, but every win is important.

F'Real, Im in the Bay Area. I live in UC, and I was watching the game. Fucking Ryan Spillborghs (However you spell it) Mehh, could've been only down 2, but now 4!

Probably, the only good thing we got outta this is that Zito pitched well, again. Last start, he pitched pretty well also. That's crucial for us down the stretch. But mehh, how could we give up 5 in the 14th, and it probably started off by the walk on Adam Eaton. It built momentum for them.

F'Real, Im in the Bay Area. I live in UC, and I was watching the game. Fucking Ryan Spillborghs (However you spell it) Mehh, could've been only down 2, but now 4!
Well Justin Miller and Merkin Valdez really fuked up this series for some reason. Oh well, I'll get over it tm or whenever the Giants start winning again.

Aaron Hill is having a pretty monster season. No one expected him to hit this well in ANY previous scouting reports, and at the same time, they were all saying that Alex Rios would have that kind of stat line eventually.

Angels wanted Kazmir for two prospects; didn't get him. If they did, they would have a pretty awesome rotation. Despite Kazmir's struggles this year, I still think he's a top pitcher.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Good deal for both sides. The Rays needed to get out from under that salary and Kazmir wasn't delivering this season. Meanwhile, the Angels were looking for a solid arm to add to the rotation and don't mind paying a little bit. Plus, if Kazmir gets going he can be absolutely nasty. Angels are looking pretty good now.

The Rays got a couple of prospects, one a pitcher and one an infielder. Maddon thinks that the infielder is the best hitter in the minors right now and that the pitcher should be able to contribute some in the future.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Generally I support the Boston Red Sox an anyone playing against the Yankeeds, but my 2nd favorite team is now the hottest team in baseball, and that's the St. Louis Cardinals as dud players that got traded there have redeemed themselves after all.

check your sources, cause they got him.
Yeah my bad, the update came an hour later. Good deal for the Rays especially because even though Kazmir was a very good prospect they got for literally nothing, they get a few more really good prospects to add to their already loaded farm system.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Does anyone have an opinion on the Red Sox getting Billy Wagner? He seems like he could be a very solid 7th/8th inning guy to help bridge to Jonathon Papelbon. They also have Daniel Bard who throws about as hard as anyone out there, so that gives them 3 back of the bullpen guys that they can count on to get outs.

So yeah just wondering about everyones opinions on Boston getting Billy Wagner. I know last night was his first BoSox appereance, but 3 k's in the inning he pitched sort of speak for themselves.

Stallion

Tree Young
Bahahaha Blue Jays fans. 10-0 up, bottom of the fourth and now its 11-10 at the bottom of the 7th, if it wasnt for an athletic catch by Wells it was potentially a home run hit for 12-11 to us.

No matter what happens, I'm proud of the way the Rangers have fought this game ^_^.

Bahahaha Blue Jays fans. 10-0 up, bottom of the fourth and now its 11-10 at the bottom of the 7th, if it wasnt for an athletic catch by Wells it was potentially a home run hit for 12-11 to us.

No matter what happens, I'm proud of the way the Rangers have fought this game ^_^.
I don't care if we gave up 10 runs after we were up by ten, I'm just glad that we scored more than 3 runs this game. If we lost 10-1, it would be just another day as a 2009 Jays fan, but being in the game this late in the game is a blessing. And to have a lead, too! This is a really heated game.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT 18 RUNS? WHERE THE HELL WAS THIS OFFENSE THE LAST 5 MONTHS?

Stallion

Tree Young
Lind played well, but why the fuck is Grilli still playing for us, he's so shit! O'dea, feliz, Wilson and fransisco are good but our other bullpen pitchers are fucking shit.

Despite their good performance against Holland who's pretty good but in a bad form slump, the Jays couldn't do shit against o'dea and towelled up our shit pitchers.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Does anyone have an opinion on the Red Sox getting Billy Wagner? He seems like he could be a very solid 7th/8th inning guy to help bridge to Jonathon Papelbon. They also have Daniel Bard who throws about as hard as anyone out there, so that gives them 3 back of the bullpen guys that they can count on to get outs.

So yeah just wondering about everyones opinions on Boston getting Billy Wagner. I know last night was his first BoSox appereance, but 3 k's in the inning he pitched sort of speak for themselves.
I'm torn on this move. On one hand, Pap isn't happy with the move at all for some reason (probably because he feels threatenened). That'll probably cause tension and pressure for the both of them. On the other hand, the sox badly needed bullpen help ever since they traded away Masterson in the Martinez deal (still an excellent move). I'm almost positive he's just a rental, so I guess if the brass thought he could still pitch, he's gonna pitch. Paul Byrd and Wagner both came out with a chip on their respective shoulders, and I was pretty impressed with both of them. We just need pitching, since the Sox are finally hitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)