Monthly Art Contest 3!!!

@noobiess: Ooo Duskull's one of my favorites!! Make sure you darken the shadows and bring out the highlights, I'm sure the final piece will be awesome.

On a different note, I WANNA SEE A SABLEYE!!!!

a small update:

I hope I will be able to change it some more, but I'm leaving on vacation really soon so might not be able to do that.​

a small update:

I hope I will be able to change it some more, but I'm leaving on vacation really soon so might not be able to do that.​
Looking good! The only thing is it's left arm (To us, the right one)
is to bold, it would be a little transparent. It stands out to much.

time for my final submission:

I doesn't feel finished,
but I leaving tomorrow and have no time to change it anymore,​

Hpoe you like it anyway​

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

some call her rankurusu, some call her goshikuro

i call her cutie

This is my entry... I hope I didn't break the rules...

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
That's great! :D Kudos for using a 5th gen. poke. (still not sure what it's supposed to be...)
It's a humanshape along the lines of jynx, gardevoir and friends, of course...

A really cute one at that

And it turns out her name seems to be a combination of Gothic + Repunzel...

@MofoAmbulance: YES! ROTOM!!! YEESSSS!!!! I was hoping someone would do a Rotom! The theme is perfect for it! I can't wait to see the finished piece.

@Yilx: Gawrsh, doesn't look like a Pokemon at all! But that's alright, because it is one of the official 5th gen Pokes. Great job, but it the highlights need to be stronger (I wish you'd go to the extreme and choose a bold color like yellow or light blue). Don't forget to play up contrast and opposites. It's already great, but I think you could really take this to the top with a tad more adjustments. Good luck!

For other artists who aren't sure just what to do yet, I AM EXCEPTIONALLY FOND OF SABLEYE! MOAR DARK/GHOST POKEMON YES?!! Ahem, there's loads of Pokemon who can pull off the opposite color contrast theme, like Seviper or Starmie (purple & yellow), Huntail, Salamence, or Charizard (orange & blue), Cradily, Yanmega, or Flygon (green & red), Gabite, Marshtomp or Kyogre (red & blue), the possibilities are endless.

I was screwing around on iscribble and then remembered this contest, so here's a rough sketch. It's a bunch of Rotom flying around a junkyard or something looking for things to possess, I dunno haha

Blue and orange are the contrasting colours

@Scampy: Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I love it already!!!

@00roca00: The Sableye looks great, but I've still seen you do better. If you wanna stick with this one, you'll have to limit the color pallet a bit more, and it'll be perfect. If you're going to use purple and green, you can't really use red, blue, or gray unless it's very minimal. The eyes are okay, but everything else isn't. I suggest making the Sableye an extremely dark shade of purple and make the blood a highlighted shade of reddish purple, leave the Espeon as is and change the background a bit to make the best of your limitations.

Hey Bucky:

Am I allowed to be posting critique for Works In Progress?

Also I might be entering something (seeing as I came up with the theme, haha). It'll probably be some Ghastly flying against a sunset, with some sort of hill like thing to make it not as boring.
If I don't post a WIP by the 17th anybody can feel free to steal this idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)