Monthly Art Contest 3!!!

Lol sorry guys! False alarm. My Blackberry confused me. The deadline's in 5 days, so you all still have time.

Also, Wickdaggler is right. Anyone who uses more than 2 colors won't have their submission rejected, they'll just lose a few points in the judging round. But remember, every point counts! Good luck to all of you.

Is it just me or is that thing stretched vertically? It'll stand a much better chance in judging if it is rounder...

As well, I suggest adding a gradient from black to white, top left to bottom right, to highlight the lighting.

Aside from that I think you did a marvelous job capturing the textures, and lighting.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Blue and orange is only my favorite color combination ever....! :heart:

Here is Swellow holding a Flame Orb. You all know what happens next:

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Too lazy to draw a background so I just used a photo and filters. If it makes you feel better, I took the photo too-- Koke Dera (moss temple) in Kyoto. I had to go through an hour or purification rights and buddhist chanting to get in the garden to get those photos though, so that should count for something! lol

Kyoto is also part of Kansai, where Johto is based off off. I saw a wild Suicune. :P

click to see it smaller at DevArt

@Icepick-- bad ass. It would look cooler with a hot pink signature though. :P I'd like a flaming yellow signature on Aragorn's Swellow too.

Oh my God. The sheer awesomeness of those three posts above me just blew my mind. I'm so happy, I think I'm gonna cry ;-;

Well, here's my final submission:

I would have liked to spend more time on it, but then again, I'm not sure there's much else I can do given my skill level. XD; Plus the deadline sort of snuck up on me. Hope you guys enjoy!

That's fantastic, Sanglunaria! I was really hoping you'd make it before the deadline, hooray!!! If I had to nitpick it, I'd say change the white to a bright yellow for the added contrast. It's alright if you don't, but I think you could pull this further if you did. Excellent job though!

Edit:
Contest ends at today 11:59 GMT -4
Get those entries in guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)