1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Most Disappointingly Weak NPC

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Chou Toshio, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Dumanios

Dumanios

Tate in Black 2/White 2.

Sweeped his whole team with Zoroark, who was disguised as Haxorus. No damage to Zoroark.
  2. The Cicada

The Cicada

you mean the guy who wants you to be his victim of his 999th win in a row? He's pretty good for an un important npc.
  3. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

I found Durant can actually be troublesome if you didn't prepare well for it: it has dig to troll all your fire types. (of course it can also troll itself with hustle, but it's one thing to take note of)
  4. Ratochu

Ratochu

Falkner can cause too much headache if you're raising bug pokémon at the beginning, but also way too easy if you've been raising Cyndaquil or Totodile.
  5. Daggerfall

Daggerfall

Six Magikarp Trainer. I wasn't expecting much out of a generic NPC, but come on.
  6. The Cicada

The Cicada

who the cicada are you talking about?
  7. Daggerfall

Daggerfall

...cicada?

There's a trainer in every Pokemon game (although I'm not sure about Black/White 2, but I'd assume so) that has a team of six monsters. Each and every one of these six monsters is a Magikarp.
  8. Geodude6

Geodude6 Look at my shiny CT!

Nobunaga in Pokemon conquest. Zekrom looks intimidating, but the hero's Umbreon beat it one-on-one while Oichi's Dragonite and Takatora's Charizard swept the rest.
  9. The Cicada

The Cicada

I found his army pretty damn hard to beat tbh
  10. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Yeah, I picked Jolteon and it took four or five tries to beat him, even with Charizard, Rhyperior, and Dragonite.
  11. The Cicada

The Cicada

i picked vaporeon cuz it's one of my many fav pokemon

i think imma play conquest from the start again now
  12. Present

Present

Not all games have the six Magikarp trainer, but most do. He is present with his full team of 6 magikarps in all of Red/Blue/Yellow, FireRed/LeafGreen, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White, Black 2/White 2. Gold/Silver/Crystal only gave him 4 magikarps.

The only generation which did not include him was Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, which gave him 1 Magikarp and 5 Gyaradoses, just as a little change of pace...
  13. Hemp Man

Hemp Man

The Magikarp trainer thing has got to be an inside joke at this point.
  14. thesynchrohero

thesynchrohero

Ghetises. I had a level 68 krokodile at that point with the rest of my team in the low 60s cause i didn't use zekrom though...
  15. thesynchrohero

thesynchrohero

Sorry for double posting but if Pokémon count then I would also like to point out Kyurem-B when Ghetises is controlling it.
  16. Worldtour

Worldtour aka Swamp-Rocket
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Man you overtrained your Pokemon. By that point (with a tiny bit of grinding) all my Pokemon were around Lvl 50-53 (assuming that you're talking about Black and White 1)
  17. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

i'm pretty sure it doesn't count if you steamrolled trainers with overlevelled krookodiles

it's like saying whitney is weak because i brought in my lv46 hitmonlee and ohko'd everything
  18. Enguarde

Enguarde I only play ADV UU
    is a Battle Server Moderator

I'd never call Ghetsis weak in BW1. That Cofagrigus could tank Zekrom and his Hydreigon just ripped holes.

Ghetsis' Hydregion in BW2 however is another story... (Dragon Rush ;_;)
  19. thesynchrohero

thesynchrohero

Fail, I meant 68 Krookodile and the rest in low 50's, just noticed. Krookodile still soloed though
  20. Geodude6

Geodude6 Look at my shiny CT!

Gym Leaders in general. Pretty much all of them, even Whitney, RS Norman, and BW1 Elesa, can be beaten by something as simple as a type advantage and a little common sense. The only possible exception might be GSC Clair. At that point in the game, Kingdra basically has no weakness without trading. Not so in HGSS, as you can set up on her Gyarados if you don't use a Psychic, Ghost, or Dragon type.

EDIT: Er, did I necro this? Didn't realize how long ago the last post was lol
  21. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

I'd like it if they had the six magikarp guy... but his magikarps were like 20-30 levels above the standard for that area.

edit: oh yeah... that is a bit of a necro lol
  22. Celever

Celever

Not so. For instance in BW1 I tried to use my roggenrola against her emolga, which has a large type advantage, was destroyed because it has small special defense and emolga have volt switch. Also Elesa only has one pokemon weak to the gym's special's type sole weakness in zebstrika, which is taking out any ground type you throw at it anyway.

Norman's slaking is completely fast and powerful, OHKO'ing your fighting type. The trunat kinda wrecks it, and Norman will get smashed by most fighting types besides maybe vigoroth (as in vigoroth is not smashed, I think I messed up on sentence structure) so yeah. Not so. Also Whitney just haxes you and tanks you and heals health and heals more health. Any who knows? Clefairy might tank a hit and then choose aeroblast with metronome!
  23. Alice in Strings

Alice in Strings

Brawly in Sapphire. He has the same condition that Roxie and Lt. Surge have. If you catch a Sableye, you win. He can't do anything at all to Sableye
  24. Jean mi

Jean mi

I find the Kanto gym leaders very weak personally. When I played my first pokemon game (red), I didn't realise that gym leaders were actually supposed to be strong, they seemed like normal trainers to me in term of difficulty. They have crappy AI, movesets, pokemon, etc.

Johto gym leaders however really have a challenge (Whitney's Miltank for example ;) ).
  25. Celever

Celever

Crystal Janine.

Her levels are the same as Jasmine's, and Jasmine is the 6th gym leader. Janine is what, 16th? Truly pathetic.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)