Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

No my target frame was 1199 : 1199 - 5 (roamers) - 1 (monster frame) - 5 (128 steps with a party of 5 pokemons) =1188. 1188/2 = 594
1193 was the number of RNG advances I needed, not my target frame.
Would killing the roamers off simplify things?

I am new to this, and I am trying to RNG heatran in Pt. I hit my target delay (598) (checked with coin flip), and my frame was 1199. I substracted 1 (Heatrans monster frame) and then 5 (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mesprit, Cresselia) so i got 1193. I advanced it through walking 128 steps with 5 pokes, then flipping my journal 594 times (on pages with captured pokemon). But the Heatran I got did not have the IV/Nature I wanted.
I calculated my Trans IVs (the one I actually caught), amd fed them into the Time finder. It got me 2 spread that matched exactly the Tran I got, with the same delay. The first was 1198, the second 1200. So i missed it by one point =/
What went wrong?? It cannot be a mistake in journal flips, since I would then have a difference of at least 2 frames...
>Does switching to the happiness checker change things?
>Is there something wrong with the number of roamers? In that case, could I just kill them all off (temporarily for the birds) to simplify things?

Thanks for your help =)
Where did you start walking your 128 steps? Were you always inside Heatran's room?

is there something that advances the eggs'PID frame randomly in HG/SS? because I can't hit frame 3 after rejected the first and the second egg... the third egg had the PID reported on the fourth frame! so i tried to see what I'd receive after that, and the fourth egg had the frame of the seventh one...

is there something that advances the eggs'PID frame randomly in HG/SS? because I can't hit frame 3 after rejected the first and the second egg... the third egg had the PID reported on the fourth frame! so i tried to see what I'd receive after that, and the fourth egg had the frame of the seventh one...
Calls from certain people advances it. Just call Joey once you have hit your delay. He advances the IRNG by 2.

Yes, something does advance egg frames randomly. I believe it's incoming phone calls because I've only ever had wrong eggs happen after incoming calls. Try not to RNG close to the end of the hour. Phone calls are more likely to happen when the clock rolls over to the next hour.

If I'm gonna abuse for Latios, do I need to save inside the fan club, hit my seed, then advance the frame before going out? Is that how it works? And how do I abuse Lugia, by the way? I can't use the Elm method. @_@

If I'm gonna abuse for Latios, do I need to save inside the fan club, hit my seed, then advance the frame before going out? Is that how it works? And how do I abuse Lugia, by the way? I can't use the Elm method. @_@
For Latios, Yes you would have to do that. I suggest you test how many frames it advances. I haven't tried abusing Lugia yet but I'm guessing you will have to use the Radio. >.<

Yes, advance the frames inside the fan club, just at the door before you go out, but I gave up doing the RNG there because of the unpredictable results I got.

You can use Elm outside Lugia's cave. Before you run out of frames, go in and out to test the advancement. Often there is none. But if there is, at least you know so you can account for it before you walk in to get Lugia.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
well yes You need to save inside the fan club and do your advancement after you hit your seed.
About lugia, you cannot call Elm and use the radio inside the cave, so you have to verify outside the cave and do all your frame advancement outside the cave.

If you havent caught the other 2 roamers (raikou and entei) I would advise you to rng lati@s by fighting lance because a far-easier.

But if you have caught the other dogs that you have to do it the way your mention.

To abuse lugia, you will have to do elm calls outside the room where lugia is.
you must also do calibration to see how much you frame advance when you enter the cave.

If you havent caught the other 2 roamers (raikou and entei) I would advise you to rng lati@s by fighting lance because a far-easier.

But if you have caught the other dogs that you have to do it the way your mention.

To abuse lugia, you will have to do elm calls outside the room where lugia is.
you must also do calibration to see how much you frame advance when you enter the cave.
What do you mean by fighting Lance?

What do you mean by fighting Lance?
let say you want to rng latios and you still have entei and raikou still roaming.

You will ko latios
then you will go to the e4 and go into lance room.
you then go all the way up until you are 1 step before the automatic movement to fight lance.
you then look at your map and record the position of the 2 roaming pokemon
you save

then you try to abuse latios via the roamer method.

If this isnt clear, llook on page 1 in one of OmegaDount post, it show a better guide.

I have accurately reached my Target Time multiple times now in SS. I've downloaded the Physical and Special spreadsheets, along with PikaTimer. I've also found a Seed I want in the Special spreadsheets. What do I do now?

I try to put the Seed I want into Seeds to Time/Adjacent Finder in the RNG Reporter. On the bottom box, I always get a date at January 1st. The top box is useless, since I killed all of the roamers (They're RNG advances inconsistently).

I have accurately reached my Target Time multiple times now in SS. I've downloaded the Physical and Special spreadsheets, along with PikaTimer. I've also found a Seed I want in the Special spreadsheets. What do I do now?

I try to put the Seed I want into Seeds to Time/Adjacent Finder in the RNG Reporter. On the bottom box, I always get a date at January 1st. The top box is useless, since I killed all of the roamers (They're RNG advances inconsistently).

you out the seed in the Seed(hex) box in the main screen of RNG Reporter, then pick a frame, click it then you go to seed to times and put in everything.

I'm new to RNG'ing, and I have a question.
Suppose the frame I'm saved on is 2, and my target frame is 12.
If a Defeated/Captured Pokemon advances the frame by 2, does 1 Defeated/Captured Pokemon on a journal page page make my frame 4, and then do I have to keep flipping pages until I get to frame 12?

Has anyone tried RNG-ing the Battles? This has been discussed for a short while in Stark Mountain. Though it was posted a few days before April Fools day so I dont know if people actually took it seriously.

I know that nobody knows how wifi advances frames and I think it is to complicated to fully understand that. What I want to know is how to abuse In-Game Battles. I'm not talking about how to beat Battle Frontier easily. I'm talking about how to easily capture a pokemon with a Catch Rate of 3.

ventus603: Not so much, if a pokemon comes out of the tree, then you'll always get that pokemon. Just find the tree first before RNGing it.

Himanattsu: Reaching your target time should almost always be done in any soft reset. It's hitting the delay that's difficult. Use Wichu's program to find a spread. In any case, take the seed and enter it into the seed box in the main window and in seed to time as well. From there, verify that you hit your delay and advance to the desired frame. On another note - the roamers do not advance the frame inconsistently. They're actually more helpful in RNGing imo.

AuraSphere.: The journal page in question should still advance the frame only by 2. And it depends on what you're doing. Sweet scenting/fishing advances the frame a certain amount and capturing legends usually advances the frame by 1. Roamers also advance the frame. So you subtract all of that from 12 to find out how many journal advancement is required.

Ok, with some help of a user elsewhere, I got some spreads that I think are pretty good. I can check whether I've got the right delay and seed with the Coin Flip, but I still have to continually reset my DS clock, right?

I need a delay of 714, so that's almost 12 seconds. Adding onto the time needed to go from the white screen to initial screens, about how long before the target time should I reset my game?

There's something I do not really understand (but the answer is probably simple) : When you try to RNG wild pokemons, if the one you are trying to get only has a 5% chance of appearing, do you just have to do all the frame advancing stuff, and then be lucky? Is there a way to garantee that one single pokemon will always be appearing?

@ Bakus: Thanks for the response but I find multiple pokemon for one slot (unless I did a huge mistake), I failed thrice and each one was a Spearow instead of Heracross. During my headbutt frame advances, I saw Heracross was frame 2 so I assumed I'd find one on frame 2 with my desired spread, it turned out to be a Spearow >_>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)