Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Seconds mean seconds into the minute. If you start the game exactly at 0 seconds (when a new minute starts) this number will be your "delay" in seconds.

Ah, thanks.

In that case, while I do some more trials for the calibration, I guess I'll wait for an answer to my other question. Or if possible, could someone suggest a good Azelf spread with Timid Hidden Power Fighting 70? Because that spread is the Method 1 one I found in the spreadsheet.

Roamers, especially all three of them, save loads of time on RNG because you can spot your delay faster, provided you confirm your seconds at least once during each particular RNG project. Aside from that, Entei being loose only makes it impossible to catch a pokemon on a frame one seed.

thats definitely not a problem because my frame is on 348 but i should keep him out?? and when i save in the middle of the circle, i put where he is on the seed to time window and i use method 1, right? UGHHH soo confusing!

Yes, use method 1. Hit your delay as usual (confirm using Elm calls and your single roamer). Get to one frame ahead of your target frame, leave the Pokegear, go into the circle of your choice. Watch the pics and try not to die laughing, get the egg, see it hatch, disappear before Cynthia's eyes, talk to the archeologist again and then check your poke to see if it's the correct one.

Your single roamer is useless for helping you spot your delay quickly. You pretty much have no choice but to use Elm call confirmation.

It's not confusing. Pretend you're RNGing a legendary just like any other time, but this time it's Method 1.
Entei only helps you check your delay. That's all he does. For example, Seed to Time could say your delay is 655, E K P P K E E K P, E:45.
If you RNG, enter the game, and look at the map, if Entei is on Route 45, you probably hit your target delay.

Yes, use method 1. Hit your delay as usual (confirm using Elm calls and your single roamer). Get to one frame ahead of your target frame, leave the Pokegear, go into the circle of your choice. Watch the pics and try not to die laughing, get the egg, see it hatch, disappear before Cynthia's eyes, talk to the archeologist again and then check your poke to see if it's the correct one.

Your single roamer is useless for helping you spot your delay quickly. You pretty much have no choice but to use Elm call confirmation.

ok im going to catch entei just he cant mess anything up, also the cut scene is SO corny! like all the random pics of nebulas and random cites and whatnot!

Entei is not going to mess anything up. Your target frame is nowhere near frame 1, so it's a waste of time catching him. Just check where he is, make sure you put him on Seed to Time and verify your delay using Elm calls and don't forget to checkmark and list his position.

All I was saying earlier is that because you have only one roamer, you can't quickly tell if you hit your delay. If you had three, you could. But with one, you absolutely do need to use Elm calls every single time you soft-reset. If you had all three, you could confirm that you landed on your correct seconds once or twice, and then just look at the three roamer positions all the other times you soft reset. But you either captured or fainted two of them, so you can't use that shortcut.

Edit: The roamers do not mess up RNG. The person doing the RNG is usually what messes up the RNG.

Entei is not going to mess anything up. Your target frame is nowhere near frame 1, so it's a waste of time catching him. Just check where he is, make sure you put him on Seed to Time and verify your delay using Elm calls and don't forget to checkmark and list his position.

All I was saying earileir is that because you have only one roamer, you can't quickly tell if you hit your delay. If you had three, you could. But with one, you absolutely do need to use Elm calls every single time you soft-reset. If you had all three, you could confirm that you landed on your correct seconds once or twice, and then just look at the three roamer positions all the other times you soft reset. But you either captured or fainted two of them, so you can't use that shortcut.

Edit: The roamers do not mess up RNG. The person doing the RNG is usually what messes up the RNG.
Entei is bothersome, no more. Got him! Now the FUN part! yay.

EDIT: you cannot save in the middle of dialgas circle, btw. but i will just be one step away!

EDIT: Im getting the shiny timid spread for my dialga!

TRPL EDIT: I cant dowload pikatimer because its giving me a compressed file on winrar and there is no folder/file thats an application and i ahve downloaded it 3 times now! help please!

Ok, I'm trying some Emerald RNG before BW comes around, but I have some doubts:

1) How do I use the RNG Reporter for it? So far as I know, your emerald seed is ALWAYS 0, so you should put 0 on RNG Reporter?
2) How do I find shiny spreads? Let's say my ID is 46752 and SID is 65254, how can I find the shiny spreads for it?
3) If number 1 is true, does that mean spread 31/31/31/31/31/31 is not available for method 1? [Since it's not on the spreadsheet]
4) Is it possible to RNG Abuse for ID/SID in Emerald?
5) If I'm using the emulator and hold down + [increases speed], does that affect the frames?

1) The seed is always 0. For stationary legendaries, use Method 1, and for wild pokemon, use Method 2. Hit Generate, and that's what you can get.

2) Put in your ID and SID, click the "Shiny Only" box and hit Generate.

3) It might actually be available, but only on a ridiculously high frame (probably in the billions? I don't know)

4) Pick a frame you want shiny, and just keep restarting the game until you get an ID/SID combo that makes it shiny.

5) That will probably increase the advancement rate, because it normally advances consistently at around 60 frames per second.

I'm new to this, so this question is probably pretty stupid. Trying to calibrate HGSS, but I don't know where I can find wild pokemon over level 50. I assumed the area outside of Mt. Silver would be good but it seems to be low 40s, which I tried to work with but the pokemon I catch are occasionally rejected for not having clear IVs. Any suggestions?

I'm new to this, so this question is probably pretty stupid. Trying to calibrate HGSS, but I don't know where I can find wild pokemon over level 50. I assumed the area outside of Mt. Silver would be good but it seems to be low 40s, which I tried to work with but the pokemon I catch are occasionally rejected for not having clear IVs. Any suggestions?

i was having the exact same problem but then i figured out a way! go into mt silver and rock climb up the wall and exit the cave. Once out side have a level 50 poke in front of your party and use a repel (could use repel before you save if you want) then just walk around till you get a level 50 or 51. Problem solved.

What I did was start HGSS RNG abuse with Mewtwo. I also used Mewtwo to calibrate, since he's level 70. Once I was done calibrating, I was already at Mewtwo, so I went straight to catching him. Most of the legendaries are at high levels, and are all pretty easy to RNG, so I think they're a good start.

1) The seed is always 0. For stationary legendaries, use Method 1, and for wild pokemon, use Method 2. Hit Generate, and that's what you can get.

2) Put in your ID and SID, click the "Shiny Only" box and hit Generate.

3) It might actually be available, but only on a ridiculously high frame (probably in the billions? I don't know)

4) Pick a frame you want shiny, and just keep restarting the game until you get an ID/SID combo that makes it shiny.

5) That will probably increase the advancement rate, because it normally advances consistently at around 60 frames per second.
Thank you very much!

Just one last thing, is it possible to know beforehand if the given ID/SID will give you a good shiny spread? Or do I have to keep resetting and checking every combination for a good shiny spread?

I don't know if I was clear, so I'll explain:
In Platinum, if I want the spread 31/31/31/31/31/31 Modest shiny, I take it's PID [1750077865 - Method 1], and go on Pandora's Box to RNG for a given ID/SID, I checked this method on emerald and it returned non-shiny spreads.

As far as I know, Pandora's Box doesn't work for Emerald. You basically just have to check every ID/SID combination you get and hope it works.

Hey guys, I have two questions I hope you can answer:

1. How can I RNG to get specific Hidden Power types? I want a Jolteon with Hidden Power Grass.

2. I'm using an older computer and the "ding" sound doesn't play when I use Pikatimer. It really messes up my timing and was wondering if there was any way to fix this?

Hey guys, I have two questions I hope you can answer:

1. How can I RNG to get specific Hidden Power types? I want a Jolteon with Hidden Power Grass.

2. I'm using an older computer and the "ding" sound doesn't play when I use Pikatimer. It really messes up my timing and was wondering if there was any way to fix this?

use wichu's program to find a seed and plug it in. I turn my volume off because i have a brand new computer (got it yesterday :) and the niose it makes is like 2 seconds long it seems so i dont even use the volume, just get used to not having it. thats what i do!!

use wichu's program to find a seed and plug it in. I turn my volume off because i have a brand new computer (got it yesterday :) and the niose it makes is like 2 seconds long it seems so i dont even use the volume, just get used to not having it. thats what i do!!
Thanks, I'll get wichu's program and try it out. I actually started RNGing without the sound, but then tried it at a friend's house with the sound and had a much easier time. But it's not impossible without it I guess.

Thanks, I'll get wichu's program and try it out. I actually started RNGing without the sound, but then tried it at a friend's house with the sound and had a much easier time. But it's not impossible without it I guess.

i just got this with no sound, i think its possible...

OT: Stewie (ID: 24777) genderless
Pokeball: Pokeball Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure Location: Sinjoh Ruins
Hidden Power Type: Grass 70
IV's 30/11/31/30/31/31 UT Lv. 1

Yes, he is shiny.

EDIT: dont need to flood the thread with a thank you but... Thank you!

I'm trying to find some spreads with Hidden Power Fighting, and it doesn't read "Fighting" as a type. Anyone know what it's supposed to be called in PokeRNG?

I am new to this, and I am trying to RNG heatran in Pt. I hit my target delay (598) (checked with coin flip), and my frame was 1199. I substracted 1 (Heatrans monster frame) and then 5 (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mesprit, Cresselia) so i got 1193. I advanced it through walking 128 steps with 5 pokes, then flipping my journal 594 times (on pages with captured pokemon). But the Heatran I got did not have the IV/Nature I wanted.
I calculated my Trans IVs (the one I actually caught), amd fed them into the Time finder. It got me 2 spread that matched exactly the Tran I got, with the same delay. The first was 1198, the second 1200. So i missed it by one point =/
What went wrong?? It cannot be a mistake in journal flips, since I would then have a difference of at least 2 frames...
>Does switching to the happiness checker change things?
>Is there something wrong with the number of roamers? In that case, could I just kill them all off (temporarily for the birds) to simplify things?

Thanks for your help =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)