1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Frozen_Spirit

Frozen_Spirit

Wait. Frames advance because there are NPC's that advance the frame. I think you should make your last elm call at frame 50 when you talk to it. 94 is the Actual Frame. Its the frame you land on after battling with Latios on frame 51
  2. Shurokun

Shurokun

So shouldn't I be on frame 50 after I make the first 9 calls to hit my delay?
  3. Frozen_Spirit

Frozen_Spirit

I'm getting confused. You dont do elm calls to hit your delay. Do you mean you called elm to confirm you hit your delay?

EDIT: Lets move this to VM's
  4. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

No you'd be on frame 9
    1 call = 1 frame. So in order to hit frame 51 you'd have to make 50 Elm calls.
  5. Shurokun

Shurokun

Um. I would Frozen, but I like to stay here incase others can help me as well.

Well to make this less confusing, I was doing the steps from bearfan's video and I just completed the 9 calls to confirm I hit the right delay.

Winter: I am confused on your post. So when you follow Bearfan's video I would be on frame 9?
  6. Frozen_Spirit

Frozen_Spirit

Could you call elm 5 times and tell me what you hit? I havent seen Bearfan's video but I'm sure that if you called elm 9 times your on frame 10 right now if you have no roamers.
  7. Shurokun

Shurokun

I have roamers. And um sure I can call him 5 more times, I suppose.
  8. Frozen_Spirit

Frozen_Spirit

How many roamers?

EDIT:Just give me the 5 calls. :P
  9. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

Yeah, I don't really like his videos so much they're... bleh, and don't show enough of the frame advancement/delay hitting.

Have you read of Riski's trade thread guide for RNG?

But yes, 9 calls = you're on frame 9. If you call elm 50 times, you're on frame 50. It's always 1 for 1. So if Lati has a frame of 1, you'd call to the number of the frame you want, minus 1. So if it's frame 51, you'd call 50 times, in order for that next frame advancement (talking to the lati) it would land on frame 51, which is what you're desiring to hit.
  10. Shurokun

Shurokun

Alright. And yeah, his video is kind of lame. Can I get a link to Riski's thread. I loss the link.
  11. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

12. Frozen_Spirit

Frozen_Spirit

13. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

How does roamers change that frame? It's just skilled calls/skipped frames.

EDIT: NVM NVM NVM >.< I'm stupid.

I hate roamers.
  14. Shurokun

Shurokun

Thanks for the link.

Anywho, yes, I have all three Roamers out. So what frame do you think I am on? In Seed to time it said frame advance 3.
  15. Frozen_Spirit

Frozen_Spirit

Yeah. Which is why he shouldnt call 50 times to get to 50. He should use the elm calls to know what frame he is on. Then call him based on that.

EDIT: You should be on frame 12. Just call elm 5 times and tell me the order so I can confirm. :)
  16. Shurokun

Shurokun

I called 5 more times and I got a sequence of P,K,K,E,K
  17. Frozen_Spirit

Frozen_Spirit

The next frame you will be on is frame 21. Ok you should call elm 30 more times. Your last 5 calls should have a sequence of P,K,E,E,K (This is included in the 30 calls). Or you could call Joel 10 times. But I suggest you do the elm calls since this is your first on a legendary.

EDIT: You should probably watch the Elm Calls on the RNG Reporter just to make sure. The first column is the Frames you are on. You have to reach frame 50.
  18. Shurokun

Shurokun

Thanks a lot. :)
  19. tjtoot

tjtoot

i have a question. i am very new, so i am trying to learn. but i cannot soft reset with my ds, due to me r buttom being broken. i also have action reply, which takes forever to start. this being the case, my seconds is 55, when it says average is 15. will this effect anything? and if so how do i fix this?
  20. Shurokun

Shurokun

Okay I made the 30 calls and I got the PKEEK sequence. What now?
  21. Zippo

Zippo

talk to the latios before the NPC's can move
  22. jones115

jones115

question here:
    every time i calibrate on my ss i get only odd dealys is that soppose to happen,
    cause i can't hit my target delays at all
  23. Shurokun

Shurokun

Starvos: Alright. :) I am gonna test it with a masterball first to see if I got the right ivs.
  24. Shurokun

Shurokun

Alright. I don't know what happen but someone must have given me the wrong info. I did all that and I talk to Latias, but yet it gave me a Quirky Nature and the wrong ivs.
  25. Frozen_Spirit

Frozen_Spirit

You only get odd or even delays in a game. Just move the year up or down so it changes.

@Shurokun You didnt talk to it fast enough. :( You missed it by a frame :(

EDIT: You should refrain from using the touch screen after you've done the elm calls. Pressing B to go out of the pokegear menu still leaves the game paused so you could quickly press B then A to talk to Latios quickly.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)