Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

As for my question: when RNG'ing for the starters. If you got a shiny spread on that start, will it come up as shiny when picking the Pokemon up from the Pokeball?
I remember someone stating that it wouldn't.

Edit: Nevermind found my answer. Doing it myself actually. It would also seem as if Totodile is frame 8 for the Japanese version? I tried getting him while I was on frame 22, so that it would be frame 31 when I picked him up, but it seemed to be frame 30 that has his Iv's (which is why the quiet spread before him was highlighted). So I tried for frame 23 than pick him up, and that's the results. As you can see he is shiny when being picked up <3 Yay for shiny Jolly 31/31/31/29/31/31 Elm's totodile :D!
How would one go for advancing the frames? Just letting NPCs move around till it hits your target frame-1? Thankfully I still have the savestate so it shouldn't be much of a problem to RNG these starters.

Alrighty, so I managed to obtain frame 116 with a desired nature using the radio method, but I'm curious - does the Pokemon Talk advance by something like 14-14-14-14-14 or 14-17-16-15-16 (at random)? As in 14 frames, then another 14 frames, etc.

Alrighty, so I managed to obtain frame 116 with a desired nature using the radio method, but I'm curious - does the Pokemon Talk advance by something like 14-14-14-14-14 or 14-17-16-15-16 (at random)? As in 14 frames, then another 14 frames, etc.
Pokemon talk advances by 13-14 frames. So sometimes it'll be 13, sometimes it'll be 14. Or sometimes it'll be all 1 and none of the other.

Also, it seems to be that the frame advancement for a certain seed will always be the same.
Say you had 1234ABCD, and you use Pokemon talk 5 times and it advances 14 times each time.
Every time you use that seed it will always advance the 14 for those 5 uses.

Can someone please give me a guide on how to calibrate for Latios' frame on my SoulSilver? Thanks! :)
RNG as normal. Assume it's frame is 1. When you capture it, see if it's nature, shiny (if you were aiming for it), and IV's match what you were aiming for, if not. See what they are and see where they are in that seed.
And that'll be what your calibrated frame for Latios is.

Oh OK, but they said that Latios' frame would be inconsistent when you released it, unlike Entei and Raikou which will have 1 and 6 frames, 6 and 1 frames, or everything. How would I know it? Because I'm afraid that I might hit a wrong seed even though I'm hitting the right seed because of the frame. :)

Hi. I need some help hitting the correct delay, I'm trying to breed a shiny egg. I have a frame of 1. I need to hit a target time of 11:24:14 (Which I did a couple of times) and a Delay of 535. But the problem is, whenever I hit the target time, I don't hit the correct delay, but instead I hit a delay that's around 490-500, and once I hit a delay of 565. I'm always hitting adjacent seeds, so I know I'm on the right track. And I am using Pika Timer as well :]

So, any tips on how to more easily hit a delay, or is it just random? Thanks.

Edit: Wow, I just hit an adjacent seed that was 11:24:14 (My target time) with a 533 delay (2 away from my wanted delay xD)

Hi. I need some help hitting the correct delay, I'm trying to breed a shiny egg. I have a frame of 1. I need to hit a target time of 11:24:14 (Which I did a couple of times) and a Delay of 535. But the problem is, whenever I hit the target time, I don't hit the correct delay, but instead I hit a delay that's around 490-500, and once I hit a delay of 565. I'm always hitting adjacent seeds, so I know I'm on the right track. And I am using Pika Timer as well :]

So, any tips on how to more easily hit a delay, or is it just random? Thanks.

Edit: Wow, I just hit an adjacent seed that was 11:24:14 (My target time) with a 533 delay (2 away from my wanted delay xD)
hi, i found one that helped me to accurately hit mine. Notice how there are beeping sounds when the first timer hits 2,1,0,"HIT" and how the second one reaches 9,8,7,...,2,1,0,"HIT" after the word hit, you need to press the A button to enter to the game. It's like following with the rhythm of the beeping sounds. hope this helps.

oh and it's helpful for us if you may post what game are you trying to rng the shiny egg.

What are you trying to capture\hatch? Makuhita with the spread 31/31/31/3/31/31 with
31/B/31/3/A/A

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed?
Seed: 2402030A, Delay: 768, Frame 9

How did you verify your seed? If using Elm's responses or coin flips to verify, tell us what YOU got. Not what RNG Reporter says. I used Elm Calls. I just got what I needed. First two were passed and then I got KKKPKE (that's until frame 8).

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? You NEED to know this so you can figure out what went wrong. Results are either the IV\nature of the Pokemon you caught, or an ID\SID if you are attempting ID\SID abuse.

I got frame 11 with 19/11/A/21/B/B, so I just passed two frames. What do I wrong?

What are you trying to capture\hatch? Makuhita with the spread 31/31/31/3/31/31 with
31/B/31/3/A/A

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed?
Seed: 2402030A, Delay: 768, Frame 9

How did you verify your seed? If using Elm's responses or coin flips to verify, tell us what YOU got. Not what RNG Reporter says. I used Elm Calls. I just got what I needed. First two were passed and then I got KKKPKE (that's until frame 8).

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? You NEED to know this so you can figure out what went wrong. Results are either the IV\nature of the Pokemon you caught, or an ID\SID if you are attempting ID\SID abuse.

I got frame 11 with 19/11/A/21/B/B, so I just passed two frames. What do I wrong?
Blame the NPC on the lower part of the map. I really get pissed off when I had my Elm Responses correct and this NPC fucks up my frames.

Blame the NPC on the lower part of the map. I really get pissed off when I had my Elm Responses correct and this NPC fucks up my frames.
I don't think that's it, because I got this two times in a row, with frame 11. Just used another spread and I got him now. I think it's a split spread or something.

I don't think that's it, because I got this two times in a row, with frame 11. Just used another spread and I got him now. I think it's a split spread or something.
Hmm. I always wait a bit for the NPC to move around to know if it advanced my frame. But yea, RNG reporter isn't perfect and can make a bit of mistakes. So yeaaaaa, you can just restart. :P

Hi, I'm back again! Ok, so I'm trying to RNG a Shiny Flawless Totodile on Soul Silver and I managed to hit my delay, and I hatched my egg to make sure it was shiny, and it was! So, now I'm going to RNG for IVs. I entered everything in the Egg IVs Time Finder, and then I clicked Generate, but no results showed up. And for some reason the month and year sections I can type in, but the day section is blocked out. Is that supposed to happen? And how come no results showed up? Thanks in advance.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hid the responses so the post wasn't too long.

@UUWarrior:
For RNG captures:
Because if the spread you want only occurs once on a seed, then if the encounter slots do not match up for the Pokémon you're trying to catch on that occurrence, then you won't be able to obtain that Pokémon with that spread.

What synchronisers do is (most likely) increase the number of times your specific spread will occur on your speed, where each one has the potential for different encounter slots. This means you have a higher chance of finding an occurrence of your spread which matches up with the Pokémon you want to encounter.

I have no idea why for gifts... As far as I know, synchronisers make no difference to Method 1 created Pokémon (although this might have changed in Gen V, I'm not particularly up to date with the RNG research going on for that.

@Princess Of Johto:
The Day and seconds sections should definitely be greyed out (although I still think the day one should be enterable, since quite often I'm looking to obtain + hatch a Pokémon on a specific date for asthetic reasons).

The reason no results come up is probably because you can't obtain a Pokémon with those IVs.
If you haven't given enough range of frames, then it's quite possible a certain month won't contain an occurrence of the IV spread you're requesting.
Also, if the parent's IVs aren't good enough to make up the A's and B's in the spreads (hopefully you understand that), then it also cannot occur. Almost always 3 IVs are passed down by the parents, and so if your parents don't have 3 good enough IVs between them, you won't be able to find a spread either.

Why exactly are Synchronizers recommended for RNG captures/gifts?
RNGReporter usually gives you more results with the spread you want when using a synch. For example, I could be using RNGReporter to search for something with a good spread and HP Ice 70. If I had a synch in my party, chances are a seed exists for it. If I'm not using a synch, I might not find a seed for it.

I made a couple posts, and I'm still stuck and I was still hoping for some help. Here's the posts for referense:

What are you trying to capture\hatch? Trying to breed a shiny Pidgey.

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? Seed is 19060260 and the delay is 598

How did you verify your seed? Used coin flips, got H,H,H,T,H,T,H,T,T,T. Everything checked out.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? I tried this twice, I hit the exact seed and delay 2 different times and as far as I can tell I did the exact same thing to further the frames, breed my pidgey, etc. Both pidgeys were not shiny. I thought maybe since I did it the same way and with the same seed and delay that the 2 pidgeys, even though not shiny, would be the same. They were not. One of male, the other female, different natures, abilities even, etc.

Note I am using this guide: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64925

I have Pokemon Platinum (I bought it right when it came out, I believe Platinum had some issue related to the GTS - but it seems like that would have nothing to do with this). I have no idea what I could be doing wrong. Also note that I tried to do this via the original RNG method (where you catch the pokemon and get your seed through it) and that also didn't work for me. I got my SID by using Chain to SID on the RNG reporter and 5 different shinys that I got through PokeRadar chaining. I did this with 2 different sets of shinys just to be sure and it gave me the same SID number twice, so I don't see how that can be the problem.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

In this case, it most likely is NOT your SID messing up because you still could not get the correct nature/gender, etc. Your platinum having a bad GTS is not a problem either (mine does too :P). Of course, there exists a possibility that your SID is messed up and you're messing up your RNG - unlikely if you've verified it twice. You can however, ask in the Simples thread for someone to simply AR check your SID for you.

There are two ways you can RNG for shininess/nature/gender/ability in DPPt.

1) The easy way for Shinies - using shiny egg finder. This is located in Time Finder button on the main window of RNG Reporter. If doing it this way, remember to complete the entire coinflips necessary, ie the flip sequence first to verify that you've hit your delay AND then the entire taps and flips that you must do to ensure the shiny/nature/ability/gender of the egg. This method requires you to hit your delay once to get the shininess/nature/ability/gender and again to get the IVs.

2) The easy way for nonshinies - This uses RNG Reporter main window, Method >>> DPPt Egg PID in conjunction with Seed Finder. This way is very easy to get the nature/gender/ability of your pokemon but if you want shinies...prepare to double tap the happiness counter along with flipping the coin alooooooooooot of times (in the hundreds to even thousands). Blech way if you ask me. This way requires no hitting of a delay. You can do this as long as you have the information to input into seed finder.
Method 2 is explained in further detail here: http://www.youtube.com/user/00greenbean00#p/c/EC0821234459F64B/2/pVbH2tAKG5E
It's part one of the abuse if you want to have a look :)
I might just try that, although I dont really like using AR for anything and I do think my SID is correct.

Second method is what I was doing, sorry if I was unclear in my original post. I did do the 10 required coin flips to see if I got the right seed or not. I was aiming for 14 seconds and 598 delay and I WAS able to get it. After the first time I got it I had to fly to Solaceon town and breed my pokemon that way. After that time didn't work, I decided to save in that town and try for the same seed and thus seconds and delay time. Of course I had to resync my clock and DS clock each time and I did so, and I was able to get the same seed again. I went into the daycare and put my pokemon in, got the egg, hatched it, and it was incorrect again. The weird thing is even though it was the same seed, both pidgeys I got out of this were completely different, and both were not shiny of course.

I've gone through all the steps and double checked my numbers quite a bit, I just can't figure out what I'm missing. Could I be doing something that advances the frames? Is there a list of all that advances the frames for Platinum available somewhere? Gah, I just don't get it. D:
Ive still got all the same issues, I was still hoping for some answers in those posts I made. I don't exactly know how to be more specific, so if you need to know more, just ask.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can you tell us what Egg PID frame you were going for on that seed? Also your ID/SID so we can check if it should be shiny.
Finally, telling us how many happiness checker taps / coin flips you did to advance your frame, just to check you're doing the correct number.

Are you doing your RNG advancements inside the daycare? If you're doing them outside, the NPCs could be messing you up.

I made a couple posts, and I'm still stuck and I was still hoping for some help. Here's the posts for referense:
Ive still got all the same issues, I was still hoping for some answers in those posts I made. I don't exactly know how to be more specific, so if you need to know more, just ask.
Are you doing your RNG advancements inside the daycare? If you're doing them outside, the NPCs could be messing you up.
I don't believe that the NPCs will affect the egg pid, they only affect the IVs (I did my RNG advancements for a shiny Totodile outside the daycare recently)

Make sure the happiness checker app isn't open when going in or out of a building as this will advance the frame. Other than that, you could find someone to check your SID.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)