1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Buckert

Buckert

Yes, that's why you have to do a test run and be as fast as possible.

Totally nothing. :P You'll need Surf to get there, but I assume you'll have that.
  2. King N

King N

Thank you, I got it.:D
  3. AslanTheMan

AslanTheMan

In generation 4 is there a method you can use for RNG where you don't need to delay the time?, so similar to the standard seed method of Gen 5.
  4. King N

King N

I wish there was such a thing....
  5. Fenix54

Fenix54

yes,shiny egg,you need only to advance the pidframe
  6. shilenj

shilenj

Re-posting from the last page. Still need help with this.
  7. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

The Lake of Rage Gyarados?

He falls under the method of Chained Shiny. Put your seed into there, and find the the frame you want, and abuse as normal.
  8. shilenj

shilenj

Sounds simple enough, so in RNGReporter go to 4th Gen Tools -> Find SID from Chained Shinies? Is this where I go catch a few Gyarados, check the IVs and put them into RNGReporter to find my SID? I hope I'm understanding correctly.
  9. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

Oh, I didn't see that you were looking for your SID. But yes, if I remember right you do that about 5 times and you should come across your ID/SID combo. I've never done it that way myself though.
  10. shilenj

shilenj

Oh there's an easier way to do the Red Gyarados? What way did you do it?
  11. Zerofocus

Zerofocus

When does Latios become available in SS? I have all 16 badges and leaving the Fan Club does not make Steven appear.
  12. PoJ

PoJ

Did you do the little power plant side quest and get the Magnet Train Pass from the Copycat? I think you need to do those first.
  13. Zerofocus

Zerofocus

Oh I haven't done the Magnet Train that must be it. It's been a while since I played through SS thanks.
  14. PoJ

PoJ

I have a question about this post.

I downloaded the .csv that OD gave in that post, but Idk which IV spreads are shiny together. Does anyone know which ones are shiny together when you abuse for their PID?
  15. Toast++

Toast++ Free* toaster if you PM me your favorite smog article
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

The group column lets you know which PIDs will be shiny together. The ones in the same group number will go together.
  16. PoJ

PoJ

Oh, I see now! I didn't see the group column at first :P Thanks! :D
  17. stephenjm

stephenjm

I am trying to abuse Latias at the elite four.
    I'm saved in Lance's room, one step before the auto-walk.
    I'm using the RadioSeed program, and I have it all set up with all my seed stuff.
    Since the seed I'm using is in the 8th hour, after I start the game I need to wait until the 9th hour for the Pokemon Search Party to come on. When I do, I put in the results into RadioSeed, and keep getting no results. What could I be doing wrong?
  18. Razgriz644

Razgriz644

Is there a way to verify your frame beyond the initial elm calls? For example trying to hit a frame of 1000, advanced it 800-900 times but are unsure the exact frames you've currently advanced?
  19. Kiebin

Kiebin

Yes, do a string of Elm calls and scroll down to around where you think you should be after your 800 advancements. Find the string you wrote down, and voila.
  20. shilenj

shilenj

Is it possible to RNG abuse a spread with a 31 IV in each stat in Emerald? Looking at the Emerald guide, I notice all spreads in the chart give only one or two flawless IVs.

Also, is Emerald the easiest game to RNG abuse in?
  21. stephenjm

stephenjm

new page
  22. ||Caboose||

||Caboose||

I really need help with Pokemon Platinum and ID/SID manipulation. I really haven't found any pokemon platinum guides other than the DPPt ones here so any help would be appreciated.
  23. xtr3m3

xtr3m3

Not sure about flawless but penta flawless with a 30 IV is possible.

And no lol, Emerald is one of the most difficult to RNG in, much more complex than DPPT. FR/LG is worse.
  24. Loukas

Loukas

Yes you can for method 1 pokes for the following natures: MODEST/TIMID/CALM. And no i would have to say its one of the hardest gens in retail cause it's still un researched in some parts and you have to be extremely precise on the timer
  25. Vilderm

Vilderm

When RNGing for your starter, how do you check if you've hit your seed?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)