Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is there anyway to RNG in BCC with a synchronizer or should i try cute charm but looking at available cute charmers they all seemed to be 25%male/75%female and scyther, pinsir are 50%male-50%female so i'm not sure if that would work. Anyway sorry for waffling if anyone can help that would be great thanks
If I understand it right the gender ratio of the Cute Charmer is completely irrelevant. You just need to match the ratio of the target to the spread.

If I understand it right the gender ratio of the Cute Charmer is completely irrelevant. You just need to match the ratio of the target to the spread.
Yeah, that's right.

Oldman, it seems the seed you're using won't work with the BCC, so I would find another seed. Cute Charm seeds will probably always work, so find one that has 50% Female in parentheses.

By how much does the NPC in the Fanclub usually advance the frame by? Does the gender of the seed also matter with the Latis? (Using HeartGold, going for Latias)

By how much does the NPC in the Fanclub usually advance the frame by? Does the gender of the seed also matter with the Latis? (Using HeartGold, going for Latias)
They're kind of inconsistent, so no one can say exactly (I haven't abused my Latios at the Fan Club so I can't say how much they advanced for me). If I were you I would just release her, KO her, and RNG her at Lance's room.

No, the gender of the frame you want will not affect anything.

If I transfer a pokemon I caught in emerald to pearl, and send it to pokecheck, will the SID that appears for that pokemon be the SID for emerald?

Ok, quick question: I abused my ID/SID on my HG cart, and using the HighIVShinySpreadGroups.xls on Winter Zombie's guide i noticed that i have 3 good spreads along with the one i abused for. How do i use them?

EDIT: Another thing: is there a method to easily advance the frame before beating the Elite 4 for the first time? I want to abuse my Ho-oh, but i don't know how to advance the frame :x

Ok, quick question: I abused my ID/SID on my HG cart, and using the HighIVShinySpreadGroups.xls on Winter Zombie's guide i noticed that i have 3 good spreads along with the one i abused for. How do i use them?

EDIT: Another thing: is there a method to easily advance the frame before beating the Elite 4 for the first time? I want to abuse my Ho-oh, but i don't know how to advance the frame :x
You copy the PID of one of the spreads into Pandora's Box, generate IDs, and hit one of the ID seeds it gives you.

You can advance the frame using Juggler Irwin (he also verifies the seed). You can find him on the route above Goldenrod City. Also, Chatot can be used to advance the frame just like in 5th gen.

I have some question about breding in R/S

1. Is the main IV spread for R/S are also method 1 like emerald?

2. If I want a shiny egg by using the 3gen time finder, can someone explain what I should do, kinda confused. I really just need clarification of min/max frame held, min/max pickup frame, egg held frame, egg held time, egg pickup time, egg pickup frame.

Thank in advance

EDIT: Thanks POJ :)

You copy the PID of one of the spreads into Pandora's Box, generate IDs, and hit one of the ID seeds it gives you.

You can advance the frame using Juggler Irwin (he also verifies the seed). You can find him on the route above Goldenrod City. Also, Chatot can be used to advance the frame just like in 5th gen.
K, got it... but how do i know which frame is the shiny one?

I have some question about breding in R/S

1. Is the main IV spread for R/S are also method 1 like emerald?

2. If I want a shiny egg by using the 3gen time finder, can someone explain what I should do, kinda confused. I really just need clarification of min/max frame held, min/max pickup frame, egg held frame, egg held time, egg pickup time, egg pickup frame.

Thank in advance
I can't help with the first question, but I can with the second.

Egg Held Frame is the frame you need the egg to be generated on (when the Day Care man is holding the egg). An egg is generated every 255 steps (I'm assuming it's the same as Emerald), so you would have to save in the Day Care with 254 steps. Then, SR and take the 255th step at the correct time (the Egg Held Time is basically the time you need to wait to hit your Egg Held Frame).

Egg Pickup Frame is the frame you need to take the egg from the DC Man. Egg Pickup Time is the time you need to wait for that frame.

If I understand correctly, in RS, you need to hit both of these frames without saving after you hit the first one. In other words, to get your shiny egg with your target IVs you need to SR, take the 255th step at the correct frame, then go outside to the DC Man and take the egg from him at the correct frame. So you have to hit two target frames in one try. I'm not sure why you can't just save after you hit your Egg Held Frame, but I guess RS determines the PID differently than Emerald. If you have an Emerald cart shiny breeding on there is much easier.

Edit@Vulgo: Go to the main window of RNG Reporter, change the Method to Method 1/K, paste your seed, enter your ID/SID and generate frames. The frame with the !!! is the shiny one (this one should also have your target IVs). Note that the shiny frame will be different for Method 1 and Method K, so if you want a wild/stationary Pokemon do not use Method 1!

For platinum egg iv RNGing: what are the known factors that determine the advancement pattern for the wandering npcs? (saving the game, time of day, date, etc.)

I'm not sure why you can't just save after you hit your Egg Held Frame, but I guess RS determines the PID differently than Emerald.
You can and you should. If try to hit both frames one after the other, the NPCs will mess up your frame and you'd have to manually calibrate the time between the egg held time and the egg pickup time.

If you choose to save after hitting the egg held frame, you'll have to narrow down your IVs enough to determine the egg pickup frame and use that PID half to test frames near the egg held frame. Combine the two PID halves together to see if the nature matches.

You can and you should. If try to hit both frames one after the other, the NPCs will mess up your frame and you'd have to manually calibrate the time between the egg held time and the egg pickup time.

If you choose to save after hitting the egg held frame, you'll have to narrow down your IVs enough to determine the egg pickup frame and use that PID half to test frames near the egg held frame. Combine the two PID halves together to see if the nature matches.
Sorry, excuse my lack of knowledge. But I'm still kind of confused.

So, when you hit your egg held frame, only one half of the PID is determined? And that half of the PID determines if the egg is shiny or not? And then when you take the egg, the other half is determined? And this half determines the nature once you combine it with the half from the egg held frame?

Or is this all completely wrong? :o

Sorry, excuse my lack of knowledge. But I'm still kind of confused.

So, when you hit your egg held frame, only one half of the PID is determined? And that half of the PID determines if the egg is shiny or not? And then when you take the egg, the other half is determined? And this half determines the nature once you combine it with the half from the egg held frame?

Or is this all completely wrong? :o
As always, both PID halves determine the shininess. Other than that, you are correct.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh, I see. So then, how can you confirm if you hit the correct egg held frame if the PID halves are determined separately?
And that is exactly why one should never do R/S egg abuse if they have an Emerald cart. You have to find out the second PID half by looking at the non-inherited IVs and which IVs were inherited, then look at what possible first PID half would yield the gender/nature/ability you got.

And that is exactly why one should never do R/S egg abuse if they have an Emerald cart. You have to find out the second PID half by looking at the non-inherited IVs and which IVs were inherited, then look at what possible first PID half would yield the gender/nature/ability you got.
Wow, that sucks. DarkChaos, if you plan to try this out then good luck x.x

I'm going for a Calm Heatran with a delay of 2083 and my seed is 8A01082E in Platinum. Why am I unable to hit the delay? My date is 4/17/11, time is 1:30:40. I always hit either 1995, 2079 but under 1:30:39 and 2095 under 1:30:41. I've tried with the journal open on the start screen and without.

I want to RNG the Red Gyarados in HG/SS. Is there anything special about it that I need to know about? Someone told me that it is Method 1 generated?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)