Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Rather than ask if it's possible, anyone know why the only method I can find the spread I'm running into in the Safari Zone for Emerald is coming up as Method 1? I was under the impression that Safari Zone captures still fell under Method 2/4 just like any wild capture. Hopefully someone can give me some insight.
Method 1 is possible here too, but it isn't very likely.

My seconds keep ranging between 20-54 and it's really irritating. Also what am I supposed to do when the Pandora's box shows more than one possibility for the delay hit?

Alright I'm getting pretty frustrated with this
I'm trying to abuse some legends in HG/SS. I've done 4th gen Abuse before many times, so this isn't my first rodeo. I know what I'm doing
I'm going after a Timid Shiny Flawless Kyogre. I abused my TID/SID earlier for this spread and got my seed, plugged it into the seed to time and all of that good stuff.
I tried my hand at Roamer verification this time and I couldn't get any results to show up in the time finder. I switched back over to Elm Verification because of this. Every attempt I have done thus far has given me +/-1 second, and a delay at least 5 off. I have not bee able to hit my target second once this entire time, I've done about 30 attempts so far. Nothing.
What is going on here? I can't be THIS horrendous at hitting my second. I've done it before; I've been pushing A at the same time I have done in my past abuses. Can anyone offer me some advice?

What's the deal on the Encounter Slots for FRLG being off for Safari Zone Pokemon on RNG Reporter? Am I not doing something correctly?

I caught a Chansey on a Frame with an encounter slots of 6 rather than 9, which is the only slot it can be in the specific area according to the encounter slot table.

Hi, im trying to RNG in Gen 4 Pearl version, I am using a DSLite.
I am having trouble hitting a target delay of 604. My delay and calibrated delay varies from 620-638 and is always even. I am using EonTimer and the site's guide to obtain my results but have found I get a closer result if I lower my calibrated Delay to 593.
I obtained the following seed from my last attempt 6307027B.

Gible Shiny Jolly -/31/-/-/-/31 64070269

01/24/13 Wayward Cave - Secret Room

Mode: Standard
Calibrated delay: 593
Calibrated seconds: 14
Target delay: 604
Target seconds: 40

Minutes before target: 0
Time: 07:36:40

Eyedol

Hi, im trying to RNG in Gen 4 Pearl version, I am using a DSLite.
I am having trouble hitting a target delay of 604. My delay and calibrated delay varies from 620-638 and is always even. I am using EonTimer and the site's guide to obtain my results but have found I get a closer result if I lower my calibrated Delay to 593.
I obtained the following seed from my last attempt 6307027B.

Gible Shiny Jolly -/31/-/-/-/31 64070269

01/24/13 Wayward Cave - Secret Room

Mode: Standard
Calibrated delay: 593
Calibrated seconds: 14
Target delay: 604
Target seconds: 40

Minutes before target: 0
Time: 07:36:40
Keep trying, as you're quite close. Consistency is key - don't adjust the calibrated delay, unless you're consistently off.

Keep trying, as you're quite close. Consistency is key - don't adjust the calibrated delay, unless you're consistently off.
My actual calibrated delay is around 628. My Calibrated Sec. varied between 14-15 when I tested it.
I have the results I got from the times I tested it at route 225 and did not obtain weird 23+ sec results.
Sec Delay
15 626
14 620
14 652
14 628
15 630
15 640
15 644
15 638
15 622

So what would you say I set my Calibrated Delay and Sec. too? Oh the delay hit update feature worked for me for a bit, then it made me miss it by a couple of seconds. Im sure I can learn to RNG with some help.

Eyedol

My actual calibrated delay is around 628. My Calibrated Sec. varied between 14-15 when I tested it.
I have the results I got from the times I tested it at route 225 and did not obtain weird 23+ sec results.
Sec Delay
15 626
14 620
14 652
14 628
15 630
15 640
15 644
15 638
15 622

So what would you say I set my Calibrated Delay and Sec. too? Oh the delay hit update feature worked for me for a bit, then it made me miss it by a couple of seconds. Im sure I can learn to RNG with some help.
Leave the calibrated seconds alone - it doesn't really matter what it's set to. Try to hit the seed without changing anything in EonTimer for a while. Once you're confident in around where you're hitting in comparison to your target, you may make adjustments by updating with the delay hit.

Leave the calibrated seconds alone - it doesn't really matter what it's set to. Try to hit the seed without changing anything in EonTimer for a while. Once you're confident in around where you're hitting in comparison to your target, you may make adjustments by updating with the delay hit.
Ok will do.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
What's the deal on the Encounter Slots for FRLG being off for Safari Zone Pokemon on RNG Reporter? Am I not doing something correctly?

I caught a Chansey on a Frame with an encounter slots of 6 rather than 9, which is the only slot it can be in the specific area according to the encounter slot table.
My friend was trying to abuse H-2 on Emerald (underwater), and his encounter slots were screwed up too.
I think RNG Reporter is just wrong about encounter slots.

You probably have the encounter type set at ''Safari Zone''. Change it to ''Wild Pokémon''.
The Encounter slots are 100% precise, your settings are just not.

Eyedol

In pokemon pearl after you press A on the game load screen, Does the journal that pops up cause a delay?
Having the journal open up does not affect hitting your seed in any way. If the first page that shows up mentions the capture of a Pokémon, it will advance the RNG by two frames. Otherwise, there would be no other frame advancements.

I find the journal coming up like that to be quite useful in areas with random NPCs - it allows me to not have to be immediately focused on opening a menu right after starting the game.

My friend was trying to abuse H-2 on Emerald (underwater), and his encounter slots were screwed up too.
I think RNG Reporter is just wrong about encounter slots.
I think for underwater Pokemon the encounter type is still just "Wild Pokemon," if I'm not mistaken their is no specific encounter type for underwater Pokemon. (Or it could just be Surf)
You probably have the encounter type set at ''Safari Zone''. Change it to ''Wild Pokémon''.
The Encounter slots are 100% precise, your settings are just not.
Is that really the case? I assumed since I'm doing Safari Captures that the Safari Zone Encounter Type should be the one that needs to be selected. I'll give it a try though and see what happens.

Alright, it's been a couple of years since I last RNG'ed something in Gen IV, or even played a Gen IV game. I found I still had an old Celebi and the dog trio wondercards still up for grabs.

Does anyone know how the method 1 spreads are modified for wondercards? Isn't it something like, method 1 frame + 2 = desired frame?

The old gen iv guide had the information, but I can no longer find it :(

Alright, it's been a couple of years since I last RNG'ed something in Gen IV, or even played a Gen IV game. I found I still had an old Celebi and the dog trio wondercards still up for grabs.

Does anyone know how the method 1 spreads are modified for wondercards? Isn't it something like, method 1 frame + 2 = desired frame?

The old gen iv guide had the information, but I can no longer find it :(
RNG Reporter now has an option specifically for Wonder Cards on both Gen IV & V.

RNG Reporter now has an option specifically for Wonder Cards on both Gen IV & V.

Yeah, I saw that, but I use a mac, and unless I'm just blind, PRNG doesn't have this implemented for Gen IV. Sorry, I should've mentioned that in my first post as well.

I am using EonTimer to RNG and was wondering if I should use the audio sounds to time my presses or should I time them based on when I see it read 0.-- ?
I press A when I hear the 3rd beep on a 6 Action Count setting.

I am using EonTimer to RNG and was wondering if I should use the audio sounds to time my presses or should I time them based on when I see it read 0.-- ?
Yeah use the audio, it's much easier than looking at the timer. Unless you're a visual kind of person.

I use an Action Count of 6 as well, but I change the Action Interval to 1000 so that the timer beeps at a time that's easy for me to follow (it starts beeping at 4 seconds left: 4.x, 3.x, 2.x, 1.x, 0.x, and press A at the last beep, 0.0). That's just me! Find a set up that's easy for you to follow.

There should be a beep the minute the timer hits 0.00.

Oh ok, because I was pressing A on the 3rd beep, on a 500 Time Interval and Action Count 6. So got ill aim for the last beep. Hope I hit my seed.

Taking a short break from HG/SS RNG abuse. I was wondering though in regards to chaining in Pokemon Pearl I assume that I need to find a spread that is both shiny AND flawless before I start chaining? I recently started a new file in this game and this is the first thing I intend to do once I complete the main story.

Hi

Im having trouble RNGing my TID/SID on HG. I found a flawless frame that I wanted to make shiny so I coppied the PID into the ID searcher and found a pair of IDs that I like. I set my timer to my target delay (5319) and try to hit it. Usaly I get delays just around the delay I want but once I hit the delay and I didnt get the IDs that I wanted. I notice that whenever I plug in the ID I get into the ID Seed Checker it shows me that Im near my delay but also the seed is different very time. WHat am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I think RNG Reporter has a bug regarding 4th Gen ID/SID seeds... like the swap of ID & SID, or the frame that shows up is +-12 from your target.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)