Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Is there a way to change which Pokemon you Encounter while using Sweet Scent?
I keep encountering the wrong pokemon on my target Frame.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Is there a way to change which Pokemon you Encounter while using Sweet Scent?
I keep encountering the wrong pokemon on my target Frame.
No, you will need to select a different target frame. Check for a post on the first page for information in figuring out which Pokemon will appear on which frame.

Is the source code for Wichu's RNG program available somewhere? I plan to translate it into Java to help out the Mac users in my spare time. I would do RNG Reporter, but I don't know enough for that yet...

Question:

What determines the frame you get when you're using RNG? I used to get 5 very consistently but now Im not even getting in the 4-6 range. Note: I kept getting 5's for one pokemon and got what I wanted. Now I've moved on to another pokemon and cant get the 5's anymore.

Also, even if you get the right frame, second, and delay will your pokemon have the posted stats 100% of the time?

Question:

What determines the frame you get when you're using RNG? I used to get 5 very consistently but now Im not even getting in the 4-6 range. Note: I kept getting 5's for one pokemon and got what I wanted. Now I've moved on to another pokemon and cant get the 5's anymore.
For egg abuse, each time you save it sets a frame that you are more apt to hit. If you can't hit the right frame, re-save and try again. I've gotten frames of 6, 7, and 8 on the same egg before this way.

I was just wondering, how big is a Zone, is it the whole of the route or the section shown on the poketch map? I need to know for npcs

@PokeTroopa: If you're talking about breeding in Solaceon, the frames vary based on the NPC interactions. If you save odds are their positions and movements will change, so you're just going to have to keep re-saving and hope you get lucky.

@Jono: It's the entire route you can access without having the Location marker pop up.

Is the source code for Wichu's RNG program available somewhere? I plan to translate it into Java to help out the Mac users in my spare time. I would do RNG Reporter, but I don't know enough Java for that yet...
Reposting because of a new page. Do you know anything about this, Mingot?

I'm really annoyed now... :(

I was trying to abuse for a Shiny Timid Azelf with good IV's. I hit my Delay at the correct date and correctly advanced the Frame. But when I encountered my Azelf, it was neither Shiny nor did it have the right IV's. Why is that?

I'm really annoyed now... :(

I was trying to abuse for a Shiny Timid Azelf with good IV's. I hit my Delay at the correct date and correctly advanced the Frame. But when I encountered my Azelf, it was neither Shiny nor did it have the right IV's. Why is that?
Obviously you did something wrong. If you are sure you hit your delay, you advanced wrong. With the azelf you did get, check what frame it was for the seed, and see how far off you were from getting your target frame. Also, the azelf will tell you if you hit your correct seed or not.

Okay, I'm abusing for a Shiny Numel right now. (not IRNG, just normal RNG Abuse) And I abused for Ability 0, does that mean it will get the 1st Ability (Oblivious) EVERY time? I never really paid attention to that, and it doesn't specify about it in the post. And I just wanted to make sure for future reference, Ability 0 = 1st Ability and Ability 1 = 2nd Ability, or not.

Okay, I'm abusing for a Shiny Numel right now. (not IRNG, just normal RNG Abuse) And I abused for Ability 0, does that mean it will get the 1st Ability (Oblivious) EVERY time? I never really paid attention to that, and it doesn't specify about it in the post. And I just wanted to make sure for future reference, Ability 0 = 1st Ability and Ability 1 = 2nd Ability, or not.
Yes, that is correct.

Assuming I hate my delay and frame, then talk to oak, and I run into the wrong bird, what should I do to solve my problem? Kill it, then hit my delay and frame again and talk to oak, since I can always respawn the ones I kill?

I just RNG'd my first Pokemon ever!!! I'm so happy!! asefaksdf;alkdfa

30|31|31|31|31|31(I can't believe I'm typing these IV's)
HP Dragon 70 0.o
Timid
Flash Fire
Nasty Plot egg move

The confusing thing was, that my target frame was 12. Ok? I(guess) I was saved on Frame 8, I resetted multiple times, and the frames both came up as 8. So when I turned on the game, and the journal came up, I already had a "Caught Pokemon" page as my first page, so all I had to do was press start to cancel out the journal, and then collect the egg. But, If I just opened the journal wouldn't that count as only 2 frame advances, therefore resulting in a frame of 10??? I'm really confused at this, because I got my spread, but I didn't hit the desired target frame, which was 12. Unless I didn't calibrate enough for my frame, and I somehow actually was saved on frame 10. Idk @_@
1. Does using Sweet Scent advance frames?
2. Do Pachirisu/Bidoof in the daycare advance the RNG/frame when they move?

Thank you Mingot for your RNG research, and Bearsfan092 for your extremely helpful Youtube videos!!! I never thought I'd accomplish IV abuse, but I did. Gahhh

I just RNG'd my first Pokemon ever!!! I'm so happy!! asefaksdf;alkdfa

30|31|31|31|31|31(I can't believe I'm typing these IV's)
HP Dragon 70 0.o
Timid
Flash Fire
Nasty Plot egg move

The confusing thing was, that my target frame was 12. Ok? I(guess) I was saved on Frame 8, I resetted multiple times, and the frames both came up as 8. So when I turned on the game, and the journal came up, I already had a "Caught Pokemon" page as my first page, so all I had to do was press start to cancel out the journal, and then collect the egg. But, If I just opened the journal wouldn't that count as only 2 frame advances, therefore resulting in a frame of 10??? I'm really confused at this, because I got my spread, but I didn't hit the desired target frame, which was 12. Unless I didn't calibrate enough for my frame, and I somehow actually was saved on frame 10. Idk @_@
1. Does using Sweet Scent advance frames?
2. Do Pachirisu/Bidoof in the daycare advance the RNG/frame when they move?

Thank you Mingot for your RNG research, and Bearsfan092 for your extremely helpful Youtube videos!!! I never thought I'd accomplish IV abuse, but I did. Gahhh
First of all, if you calibrated, when it had the journal pop up with "caught" pokemon, in the 8, the +2 from journal was already added. So to get Frame 12, you would've needed to flip to a caught pokemon page then flip back. So you get +4.

1. Sweet Scent advances the frame by 2 in Grass/Caves. - Not sure about in water though, it might be different.

2. I don't think so, but I normally use these two as a marker so I know I'll probably get consistant frames. E.g. I use the fence to see how far Lopunny (I think, not bidoof) is. If it's off what I've been getting I'll know i've probably got the wrong frame.

EDIT: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part4, Spiritomb isn't on?

Obviously you did something wrong. If you are sure you hit your delay, you advanced wrong. With the azelf you did get, check what frame it was for the seed, and see how far off you were from getting your target frame. Also, the azelf will tell you if you hit your correct seed or not.
I checked the Azelf and I hit the right Delay and Advanced the frame correctly. (Counted each step).

Maybe because the amount of seconds was --.83 and I started the game on 24 seconds, instead of 23.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)