1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Bosskrow

Bosskrow

So I must hit my seed and my frame before I step through the door to challenge the E4 again?
  2. DarkLynx

DarkLynx

Pretty much :)
  3. LightningFusion

LightningFusion
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

You can do it before you battle lance, instead of having to take into account all the steps to get to lance.
  4. Bosskrow

Bosskrow

Ok, so lets say my target frame is 30. I must be on frame 30 right before I battle Lance?
  5. SwampertGirl

SwampertGirl

Wait. Has RNGing for shiny legendaries in HG/SS been confirmed yet? Or is it just for emulators only (so far)?
  6. Rysta

Rysta

What frame is Lugia on? Like if I resetted and battled it right away, would it be frame 1?
  7. Syberia

Syberia [custom user title]
    is a Pre-Contributor

In this case, there's no way to verify what seed you hit before you do all your steps, fight lance, track down Raikou, and catch it.
  8. Nik S D

Nik S D

Are there any plans to upload instructions on how to abuse the RNG in HGSS in the OP/in an article on site?
  9. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

Probably, but abuse there is still in it's infancy. There are still lots of questions to be answered for "cart only". That's why there's no OP yet.
  10. Cool Ivysaur

Cool Ivysaur

''Walking in areas with no wild Pokémon
    Taking 128 steps will advance the RNG by a number equal to the number of Pokémon in your party. This step counter is stored when you save your game and does not revert to zero when you soft reset?, so it is important that you walk exactly 128 steps. Any more and it is possible that the RNG will advance again and throw off your calculations.''

The counter reverts to zero when I switch of my DS,right?
  11. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

As long as you don't save your game. Every time you save, it saves the amount of steps you have taken (in relation to the "128").

When I was RNGing my Mesprit, I needed to walk 128 steps, so I checked my seed, then opened up my step counter, reset it and walked. I walked 130 steps to get right in front of him again, thinking it wouldn't be a problem. I caught Mesprit and noticed my frame was off. I Reset, hit my seed again and this time made sure to only walk exactly128 steps this time and the Mesprit was on the frame I wanted. Just so happened that those extra 2 steps were enough to set my step counter twice, throwing my frames off.

Always walk exactly 128 steps, no more.
  12. all4game

all4game

So, I'm trying to rng abuse my Oaks letter shaymin.
    I saved in front of the deliveryman.
    Hit my seed.
    The IV's I want are on frame 1 (method J, right?) so I didn't do any journal flips.
    Talked to the deliveryman right away.
    Found shaymin, caught it and I was on frame 588+.
    So I have to take all the steps into account?
    Or am I missing something?
  13. riddlinkid

riddlinkid

Save in front of Shaymin, then hit your seed :P
  14. all4game

all4game

Oh. I thought it said to save in front of the deliveryman for wondercards?? lol.
  15. riddlinkid

riddlinkid

You do for wonder cards where you're actually given a pokemon, for wonder cards like darkrai and shaymin it's no different than a regular method J legend.
  16. all4game

all4game

Ohh. Okay thanks. ^^
  17. sasuke-kun19

sasuke-kun19

if i want to rng abuse for a flawless raikou after defeating the e4, the starting frame is always 1? i've just defeat the "first" raikou and i'm going to catch the second one generated after the e4....
  18. DarkLynx

DarkLynx

Raikou's starting frame was 11 or 9. I don't remember, but Entei is one and Raikou is the other. I believe Raikou was 11, but I'm not sure.
  19. LightningFusion

LightningFusion

One is 1, and the other is 6. Just the same as the there birds (1,6,11).
  20. Cool Ivysaur

Cool Ivysaur

How can i open .csv files(iv spreads files)?
    Also,where can i find more info on HGSS Rng?
  21. bearsfan092

bearsfan092

@Cool Ivysaur. Try opening the file in notepad.
  22. LightningFusion

LightningFusion

.csv can be opened in excel. For more HG/SS abuse info, you can look at the other RNG thread. It is somewhere in this forum, not sure where. If you have any questions on it, ask here though.
  23. Rysta

Rysta

Didn't get an answer, I just want to make sure... because my <not so good> shiny spread is on frame 1...
  24. NeoSyrex

NeoSyrex

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted the info on FR/LG's RNG earlier as I said I would (especially sorry to mingot), I've just been really busy lately, and after Worlds I had gotten so burned out on Pokémon that I didn't really want to devote much time to the game. Anyway, I already posted the info in the FR/LG thread in Evergrande, but so people don't miss it, here it is:

25. LightningFusion

LightningFusion

It is on frame 1 of method K.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)