Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm not miscalculating on purpose. I'm just going by what the programs say.
Do what the other person said, go for 3 frames lower if for some reason you are going over. Do you some how have 3 roamers out your forgot about?

Just to make sure (assuming no roamers):
470 - 5 (monster frame) - 5 (walking 128 steps with 5 pokemon in party) = 460
460/2 = 230 journal flips. Are you doing that many flips?

No. You know what I had some wierd kind of problem with regigigas before. Being in programming, I know software isn't without it's flaws; whether it's on the game's fault or wichu or rng's fault, errors can come up.

I don't why I keep having problems with the bold spread, but I switched for the timid spread and it turned out great.

Asking this again:

When hatching, if Im hitting continue and the journal page comes up, does that first journal page have to have anything specific on it?

No, it doesn't matter what is on the front page. If there's a caught/defeated poke on it, it will be accounted for in the initial frame you find when you calibrate. The only thing that matters is how many times you need to advance it. Like say I have a caught pokemon on the first page, my calibrated frame is 6 and my target is 12. All I have to worry about is the 6 advances (3 flips) I need to do, which do NOT include the journal auto-opening to the first page. I could flip away to a blank and back to the first page 3 times to do this.

Does riding the bike after collecting the egg from the daycare man advance the frame by 1?
Because I collected an egg and got a frame of 6. But then, I resetted and collected the egg again, and didn't ride the bike, and the frame came up as 5...

No, the bike has nothing to do with it. Sometimes you get different frames, it just happens. There's no guarantee you're going to get the same frame every time you reset, it's based on how many NPC movements there are before you collect your egg. The second time you did it, you picked up the egg just slightly before you did the first time.

I'm having trouble understanding this part:
Hitting your Target Time

One of the most important aspects of soft resetting for egg IVs and captured Pokémon is the ability to accurately hit your target time. The target time, along with your delay, is used to create your initial seed. Once you have calibrated and know the time it takes you to get from reset to "Continue", it becomes quite easy to hit the target time.
Below are steps to easily and consistently hit your target time.
  1. Have access to an external clock with a seconds display.
  2. Prepare your Synchronize Time by taking your target time, removing the seconds, and subtracting one full minute. For example: 12:05:30 becomes 12:04:00.
  3. Prepare your Reset Time by taking your target time and subtracting the seconds value that was found during calibration. For example: (assuming a seconds value of 15) 12:05:30 becomes 12:05:15.
  4. Set the time on your DS to the synchronize time and hit the A button to save the changes when the external clock reaches a new minute. With this step, we are synchronizing the seconds of the DS with the external clock.
  5. Load the game and reset at your calculated reset time. This ensures that your soft reset will occur at the exact time that is necessary to "Continue" at your target time.
Verifying your Target Time/Delay

Use this method to determine if you have correctly hit your target time and delay before spending a lot of time hatching and egg or advancing the frame.
For Breeding Pokémon Collect your egg before performing the following. For Capturing Pokémon Perform the following as soon as you enter the game world. Using the Poketch Coin Flip application, flip 10 times, noting the number of heads and tails (Magikarp represents heads and the Poké Ball represents tails). Then, using RNG Reporter, click "Generate" after entering the target initial seed. Match the results of the flips with the information in the "Coin Flips for Seed" area in the bottom right corner of the RNG Reporter window. If you have hit the correct target time and delay, the results from the coin flips will match those generated by the RNG Reporter. Please note that switching to the Happiness Checker application at any time during this process will invalidate your results, so it is advised to simply save with the Coin Flip application selected. Additionally, this will not work in areas with weather effects.

I found my second to be: 14 and the delay to be: 610-640.

But what is it I need to do next?

*kisses Wild Eep's feet*

Does anyone know when thee ID/SID are generated in HG/SS? Is it when you enter the game worl or when you go downstairs to talk to your mother?

I'm having trouble understanding this part:

I found my second to be: 14 and the delay to be: 610-640.

But what is it I need to do next?
Then it's time to find a spread you'd like to get and find out what you need to do to get it.

That depends, Jono. Regular/flashing patches generate regular Method J pokemon, but shiny patches are a mix of Method 1 and some other factors. That is to say, the IVs are generated by Method 1 but the nature does not correlate in the same way (read X-Act's PID article for more information).

That depends, Jono. Regular/flashing patches generate regular Method J pokemon, but shiny patches are a mix of Method 1 and some other factors. That is to say, the IVs are generated by Method 1 but the nature does not correlate in the same way (read X-Act's PID article for more information).
Thanks Sudo, but are the frames in the method 1 layout?

@ Cool_Ivysaur: The Shaymin gotten through Oak's Letter is indeed Method J.

@Jono: For shiny patches, the frames of shiny Pokemon do correlate to Method 1. It's just that their natures won't match. However, from my experience with chaining shinies, shiny patches are synchronizable.

@ Cool_Ivysaur: The Shaymin gotten through Oak's Letter is indeed Method J.

@Jono: For shiny patches, the frames of shiny Pokemon do correlate to Method 1. It's just that their natures won't match. However, from my experience with chaining shinies, shiny patches are synchronizable.
Ah ok so it's method 1 like wonder cards where the nature changes, thanks

Alright, well, if this can be of use to anyone, in HGSS the time/delay for the ID/PID is generated when you enter the game world, which is exactly two seconds after you press A to the Prof's last statement.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So I've unlocked surfing pikachu in PBR finally. Does he show up on your DS like any normal wondercard where you pick him up from the green delivery dude at any pokemart? Aside from his nature then, he is RNGable right?

So I've unlocked surfing pikachu in PBR finally. Does he show up on your DS like any normal wondercard where you pick him up from the green delivery dude at any pokemart? Aside from his nature then, he is RNGable right?
Yes, that is correct. Why does it have to be just hardy...

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Hmmm... seems I haven't done a wondercard in quite some time!

I'm shooting for this PBR pikachu, I'm in solaceon town's pkmrt, and have it saved in front of the deliveryman. I want the HP grass one listed in that list of low usable frames. It says it's frame 54 on the list. Do I have to add 2 to that, or is that just for spreads generated using the capture tab using method 1?

I've hit my seed several times and have flipped the journal correctly but have not gotten the IVs I want...

[edit]
generated w/ method 1 on the first page using that seed and it show up as 52, so 54 is with 2 added already... now to check the adjacent spreads...

I have a question regarding ID/SID combinations to get shiny spreads.
My main one is this. Test 101 got Shiny spread 31/31/31/31/31/31 on Timid and Modest spreads.

How is it possible to have two flawless shiny spreads with one type of SID combination? I know most games' ID/SID combo gives same spreads with two natures, but Timid and Modest are both extremely good.
Is there a way where I can say get 31/31/31/31/31/31 on Timid then 31/31/31/x/31/31 on Jolly or Adamant?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I have a question regarding ID/SID combinations to get shiny spreads.
My main one is this. Test 101 got Shiny spread 31/31/31/31/31/31 on Timid and Modest spreads.

How is it possible to have two flawless shiny spreads with one type of SID combination? I know most games' ID/SID combo gives same spreads with two natures, but Timid and Modest are both extremely good.
Is there a way where I can say get 31/31/31/31/31/31 on Timid then 31/31/31/x/31/31 on Jolly or Adamant?
No, Jolly and Adamant can not be flawless. And yes, it's perfectly possible to get both flawless spreads as shiny in a single ID/SID combo. Clear, for example, has both a Calm and a Modest flawless shiny spreads in one of his games (and I have a Bold and a Timid quint-flawless shiny spreads in my Pearl).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)