1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Pickle Inspector

Pickle Inspector

When you are doing the happiness checker double taps, if you tap the empty space once, but the pokemon don't jump, does that effect the IRNG at all?

Also, does the soot at stark mountain count as "weather"?
  2. Shananiganeer

Shananiganeer

If the pokemon do not jump, then the IRNG is not advanced. I'm fairly sure that the game uses each call of the IRNG to generate velocities along the x and y axis resulting in the direction each pokemon moves(thus 2 calls per pokemon).

Idk bout the soot. It's not tough to test though. Go there, hit any seed you can verify with flips, wait a bit, sweet scent, and see if the pokemon came from frame 2(soot isn't weather) or higher(soot is weather).
  3. COKTAL

COKTAL

Or you could just use Sweet Scent. If I remeber correctly, sweet scent won't work in weather like the Sandstorm. But I've got no idea for sure.
  4. Shananiganeer

Shananiganeer

True enough. Load up your game, wait a bit and then sweet scent. Same deal about the frame.
  5. Sixfortyfive

Sixfortyfive

Has anybody compiled a list of seeds that produce perfect IV spreads (for captured Pokemon specifically)? The spreadsheets at the bottom of this page have a fairly large list of spreads, but few of them have all 31s. After glancing over the Excel sheets and adding in a couple that I found myself, these are all I've got:

PID 7942EF72, TIMID, ABILITY 0, ALL 31, F/M/M/F
    D2140289
    ED0B025A
    F0070259

PID F9426F72, MODEST, ABILITY 0, ALL 31, F/M/M/F

PID 685011A9, MODEST, ABILITY 1, ALL 31, M/M/M/F
    3F0B02AA

PID E85091A9, DOCILE, ABILITY 1, ALL 31, M/M/M/F
    BF0B02AA

I want to try and find perfect spreads for other natures. I'm willing to search for more myself, but I don't want to repeat somebody else's work in the event that it's already been done.
  6. Shananiganeer

Shananiganeer

I don't think there is a specific list, but the spreads in those spreadsheets include all of the flawless spreads. The JavaRNG tool on the first page of this thread can also pretty quickly search all spreads for specific/range of ivs and will output to a .csv.
  7. Sixfortyfive

Sixfortyfive

Ah, thanks.

So I assume that it's impossible to get absolutely perfect spreads for wild Pokemon of certain natures, and that you'd have to breed in order to guarantee all 31s?
  8. Shananiganeer

Shananiganeer

Yea that's right.
  9. Syberia

Syberia [custom user title]
    is a Pre-Contributor

What is this frame finder program?
  10. locoghoul

locoghoul

So, I've done some pokeradar abuse in the past. I'm gonna try to catch that #@$%T$^ Beldum again and I wanted to know if instead of catching the first poke to confirm my seed (since sandstorm messes up the coin flips) I kill it, how will that affect the frame advancement? From the pokeradar guide if you catch the first poke it says "Target frame - actual frame - 6 - number of steps / 2 = journal flips" Is that 6 from catching a pokemon??
  11. DjGopher

DjGopher

I need to know my starting frame. I have no action replay, so I need an iv battle. Will saving to go to the wifi room mess up my frame?
    (egg iv abuse)
  12. Showsni

Showsni

Couldn't you guesstimate the IVs based on the characteristic and a few rare candies? With maybe that Battle Frontier guy? It'd probably be enough to work out which frame you're on, anyway.
  13. The Giritina-man

The Giritina-man

Well, you see, the thing is, there could be more than 1 IV that has 31 and that's where the IV battles come in.
    As far as using the BF (Emerald or Pt), I don't know if it'll work or not.
    BUt if you have a 100+ Rare Candies, go ahead and level up to at least 50 (20 may work) and use Metalkid's IV calculator to check out the IV's.
  14. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Yes it will advance the frame but will it matter? No because you already collected the egg... You shouldnt be saving anyways.... Because then you'll have to get a new egg and save again O_o
    You are talking about finding what frame your hitting for Egg IV abuse right?
  15. Tooks

Tooks

The "how to hatch a shiny pokemon guid" says that it has to be a 24-hour clock,but the clock on my Ds isn't,is there anyway I can fix this?
  16. Lightsabre

Lightsabre

what are some good routes to start attempting wild RNG abuse on? i.e. what routes have nothing outside of your conrol that advances the RNG?

EDIT: thanks steveebomb
  17. Dan Dan

Dan Dan

When I didn't have an AR, I used the Day Care and took the 'mon out every other level, entering the stats as I went. You can usually get an idea of what frame you are on by about lvl 10, if you use Metalkid's Calculator and enter all the stats as you level up. Be careful not to lose any egg moves though!
  18. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Theres plenty of places, and even if there are NPC's in the area you can stop some of them with the VS.Seeker so they wont advance the frame :)
    Theres Fuego Ironworks, Pokemon League, Old Chateu (lol ghastly only), some parts of Mt.Coronet Caves
  19. COKTAL

COKTAL

Adding to what Stevee said, Valley Windworks has no NPCs or trainers you have to battle, so you just have to hit your delay and frame :)
  20. DjGopher

DjGopher

Ok guys sorry for all the questions but this is the last. I'm not able to get my journal to say I had a battle. Any suggestions? (yes I've done a battle, killed it every time, saved afterwards.)
  21. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Just keep trying. Do several battles at a time before saving.

Also, try capturing something. That seems to have a greater chance of success.
  22. Tooks

Tooks

May sound like a noobish question but..
  23. The Giritina-man

The Giritina-man

"OH great masters of RNG, I beseech thee. Is a spead of 10/31/31/31/31/31 possible for a Kingdra, nature being Jolly/Adamant?"
  24. Rysta

Rysta

Adamant is, Jolly isn't. According to the IV/PID thing. Adamant is on seed F012099D.
  25. pikachu25

pikachu25

If you breed it though, any spread is possible.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)