Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I looked at that.
0- Gyarados
1/3/4- Seadra
2- Relicanth

just how do I know what encounter slot I will get?
This was said like 3 times.... You have to match it up with one of the Frames.... If you right click on one of the Frames of the Seed it should say Grass/Cave Encoutner Slot, Sweet Scent Water Encounter Slot and Fishing Encoutner Slots, in your case your fishing find a Frame that has the same Encoutner Slot as your Pokemon and you will get the desired Poke

This was said like 3 times.... You have to match it up with one of the Frames.... If you right click on one of the Frames of the Seed it should say Grass/Cave Encoutner Slot, Sweet Scent Water Encounter Slot and Fishing Encoutner Slots, in your case your fishing find a Frame that has the same Encoutner Slot as your Pokemon and you will get the desired Poke
thanks....im a bit slow sometimes.... usually when i focus on more than 1 thing at a time....also i don't have good observation to find things...thanks anyway.. xD gonna get a gyarados.

thanks....im a bit slow sometimes.... usually when i focus on more than 1 thing at a time....also i don't have good observation to find things...thanks anyway.. xD gonna get a gyarados.
No problem, just make sure that it says "Landed a Pokemon" too on the Encounter Slot or else a Pokemon will not appear and you will go past your frame, gl!

No problem, just make sure that it says "Landed a Pokemon" too on the Encounter Slot or else a Pokemon will not appear and you will go past your frame, gl!
thanks, i guess now its time t start SR. xD

Just a small last question. The synchronizer works even if he's dead rihgt? that usually works, but I want to ensure it works in RNG.

Are there any features you guys wish that some spread search tool had? I'm rewriting JavaRNG for version 3.0 (which will feature some significant upgrades), and I am looking for input as to what features I should try to add.

Current ideas are: Multiple nature selection, multiple hidden power selection, better 3rd Gen searches (think FRLG), faster 4th gen searches (I had a breakthrough on this recently), the slow speed stats as you mentioned, and an X option, so that you can select exactly 31/x/30/31/31/31 and not get 31/x/30+/31/31/31 spreads. I also hope to have some JavaRNG to PikaTimer interface, such as having an option on PikaTimer to "Load CSV," you pick a csv, then choose a spread for it to create a Timer for.
Just reposting for some more feedback.

Like when you pass somewhere, and let the mouse there for 2 seconds, a small window like a dialog goes out, and explain the function and everything you need.

If you'd like some help with JavaRNG, I've been building bits and pieces of java to help me (like searching the International Egg PID for a shiny egg with a different breeder and hatcher). As for features, it would be nice if the default minute cut-off for PikaTimer was adjustable, or just less then 30. Not really an issue since the timer is manually adjustable, but it's something. You also might want to build a counter in too (coded one for myself after mis-counting journal flips once too many times).

EDIT: @Mercury - It's the time you hit continue.

If you'd like some help with JavaRNG, I've been building bits and pieces of java to help me (like searching the International Egg PID for a shiny egg with a different breeder and hatcher). As for features, it would be nice if the default minute cut-off for PikaTimer was adjustable, or just less then 30. Not really an issue since the timer is manually adjustable, but it's something. You also might want to build a counter in too (coded one for myself after mis-counting journal flips once too many times).

I can do that too. Send me the source code to any Java applications and I can throw them in as extra features. Do you know the swing and awt packages?

Oh okay. What if I set my seconds to 24, then waited at the continue screen until I hit the correct amount of seconds..Could I do that?

just to onfirm, this was stuck at the bottom of last page.

The synchronizer will still work even if he is dead right? This usually works, but I am unsure if it works while RNG abusing. Thank you.

@ pikachu25:

I typed this all up and it got deleted when I hit "Post Quick Reply"... hopefully I'll remember everything I said!

I think that a "== x" or ">= x" option for EACH stat would be very useful. PokeRNG has a similar feature, but it is applied for EVERY stat, which can cause some complications. For example, if you're looking for a physical Trick Room sweeper, you'll select the "greater than or equal to" option, input "31/31/31/0/31/0", and then search through all the results to find those whose Speed stats are equal to 0. You can't really use the "equal to" option in that case, as it would restrict you to spreads that had a Special Attack of 0, which could eliminate many or even all valid results. Although searching for that Speed stat would be easy by opening the .csv file in Excel and using the Filter option, it would be nice not to have to worry about it. You could include more options too, like "<= x" or "!= x", a la RNG Reporter, but I don't really see the usefulness of those options like I do for the previously mentioned ones. You could also apply this to the Hidden Power BP value, as someone could be looking for a Technician Hidden Power or something like that. Also, a faster sorting/searching algorithm would be invaluable.

If you could get the program to work with FR/LG, that would be amazing! Last I heard, the FR/LG RNG had not been publicly cracked (although someone claims to have used it to get a good Zapdos), and that all we could really do was use a caught Pokémon to determine the initial seed.

Are you also taking suggestions for PikaTimer? I've been using it lately to RNG for Arceus and have come across a few ideas for it as well.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

BTW, I'm a computer science student and have some experience with Java, including GUIs like yours, so let me know if I can be of any help.

@ pikachu25:

I typed this all up and it got deleted when I hit "Post Quick Reply"... hopefully I'll remember everything I said!

I think that a "== x" or ">= x" option for EACH stat would be very useful. PokeRNG has a similar feature, but it is applied for EVERY stat, which can cause some complications. For example, if you're looking for a physical Trick Room sweeper, you'll select the "greater than or equal to" option, input "31/31/31/0/31/0", and then search through all the results to find those whose Speed stats are equal to 0. You can't really use the "equal to" option in that case, as it would restrict you to spreads that had a Special Attack of 0, which could eliminate many or even all valid results. Although searching for that Speed stat would be easy by opening the .csv file in Excel and using the Filter option, it would be nice not to have to worry about it. You could include more options too, like "<= x" or "!= x", a la RNG Reporter, but I don't really see the usefulness of those options like I do for the previously mentioned ones. You could also apply this to the Hidden Power BP value, as someone could be looking for a Technician Hidden Power or something like that. Also, a faster sorting/searching algorithm would be invaluable.

If you could get the program to work with FR/LG, that would be amazing! Last I heard, the FR/LG RNG had not been publicly cracked (although someone claims to have used it to get a good Zapdos), and that all we could really do was use a caught Pokémon to determine the initial seed.

Are you also taking suggestions for PikaTimer? I've been using it lately to RNG for Arceus and have come across a few ideas for it as well.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!
Thank you very much. I will work on these. I am taking suggestions for PikaTimer as well. As for the FR/LG RNG, I abused a nice Mewtwo on VBA, I'm just trying to get selfdestruct on it right now, so it does work, sort of. You just need save states. As for the searching algorithm, currently it looks like searches for 4th gen games will take from 20 - 60 seconds at the next release. I think I might be able to lower that a little bit more, though.

No, those do not count as journal pages unless the CAUGHT or DEFEATED X is also on that page.
OK, thanks. I guess now I'm ready.

EDIT!!!:: Just a last question...this time's for real.

The coin flips I must follow are marked in the bottom of the Seed To Time box right?

Thank you very much. I will work on these. I am taking suggestions for PikaTimer as well. As for the FR/LG RNG, I abused a nice Mewtwo on VBA, I'm just trying to get selfdestruct on it right now, so it does work, sort of. You just need save states. As for the searching algorithm, currently it looks like searches for 4th gen games will take from 20 - 60 seconds at the next release. I think I might be able to lower that a little bit more, though.
No problem. I know that you can use save states to abuse the FR/LG RNG, but I was referring to pure cartridge abuse, where save states are obviously impossible.

As for PikaTimer, I'd like to see something that would make it a bit easier to nail the soft reset more accurately. Although there is the pinging, at least on my computer, it appears to start somewhere in the middle of any given second, rather than at 2.00, 1.00, 0.00, etc., and the pings are sometimes out of sync (the time between pings sometimes seems slightly different). The length of the ping is, in my opinion, a bit too long for it to be used accurately for what it's intended for. I personally like the length of the Emloop ping. It's short enough so that, if you follow along with the rhythm, you can more accurately predict the timer hitting 0:00 than you could with a ping who takes half a second. Pings in Java are one thing I do NOT have any experience with; are there more pings available for the program to cause besides Windows' Default Beep? I also think that the timer could be a bit easier to nail if either the large number text or a small area surrounding the text flashed a different color for a slight bit (maybe for 0.25 seconds or so?) at the start of every second (at every X.00) within the last 5/10/whatever. That might make a nice rhythm for the user to follow, since the actual numbers are going by so quickly. This would apply to both the first and second timers. It might also be useful to have a checkbox where the user could toggle the pinging (or possibly the flashing that I suggested) on or off, and maybe even an extra text field where the user can input the time at which they'd like the pinging (or possibly the flashing) to start, like Emloop has.

I hope that makes sense; I'm finding it a bit difficult to put some of these thoughts, particularly about the pinging, into words. Thanks again for a great program!

No problem. I know that you can use save states to abuse the FR/LG RNG, but I was referring to pure cartridge abuse, where save states are obviously impossible.

As for PikaTimer, I'd like to see something that would make it a bit easier to nail the soft reset more accurately. Although there is the pinging, at least on my computer, it appears to start somewhere in the middle of any given second, rather than at 2.00, 1.00, 0.00, etc., and the pings are sometimes out of sync (the time between pings sometimes seems slightly different). The length of the ping is, in my opinion, a bit too long for it to be used accurately for what it's intended for. I personally like the length of the Emloop ping. It's short enough so that, if you follow along with the rhythm, you can more accurately predict the timer hitting 0:00 than you could with a ping who takes half a second. Pings in Java are one thing I do NOT have any experience with; are there more pings available for the program to cause besides Windows' Default Beep? I also think that the timer could be a bit easier to nail if either the text or a small area surrounding the text flashed a different color for a slight bit (maybe for 0.25 seconds or so?) at the start of every second (at every X.00) within the last 5/10/whatever. That might make a nice rhythm for the user to follow, since the actual numbers are going by so quickly. This would apply to both the first and second timers. It might also be useful to have a checkbox where the user could toggle the pinging (or possibly the flashing) on or off, and maybe even an extra text field where the user can input the time at which they'd like the pinging (or possibly the flashing) to start, like Emloop has.

I hope that makes sense; I'm finding it a bit difficult to put some of these thoughts, particularly about the pinging, into words.
I get what you are saying. All but the changing of the tone of pinging would be easy, I haven't found any tones besides the windows default beep. Would it be better to put all of the options into a "Options" popup rather than have them all on the timer screen, or put all the buttons and lists and checks on the same page as the timer? Thank you for giving so many excellent suggestions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)