Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I get what you are saying. All but the changing of the tone of pinging would be easy, I haven't found any tones besides the windows default beep. Would it be better to put all of the options into a "Options" popup rather than have them all on the timer screen, or put all the buttons and lists and checks on the same page as the timer? Thank you for giving so many excellent suggestions!
You're welcome... I'm glad I could be of help! To be honest, I'm not quite sure... I hadn't thought of that. If you implement a large slew of options, then it probably would be better to have them in a different tab/popup/whatever. If there are only a few of them, I don't see a problem with them being added to the main window.

That does remind me, though... is there any way to get your program to "remember" the contents of all the text fields and all option settings upon exit and then reproduce them the next time the program is launched? I personally don't see how this would be possible without an additional file (writing these values to a text file upon exit and then reading them in upon the next launching), but you obviously know more than me, so perhaps this is possible via the Java cache or something.

You're welcome... I'm glad I could be of help! To be honest, I'm not quite sure... I hadn't thought of that. If you implement a large slew of options, then it probably would be better to have them in a different tab/popup/whatever. If there are only a few of them, I don't see a problem with them being added to the main window.

That does remind me, though... is there any way to get your program to "remember" the contents of all the text fields and all option settings upon exit and then reproduce them the next time the program is launched? I personally don't see how this would be possible without an additional file (writing these values to a text file upon exit and then reading them in upon the next launching), but you obviously know more than me, so perhaps this is possible via the Java cache or something.
Know more? I laughed out loud at that. I wrote both of those with two textbooks at my desk and less than a semester of high school computer class under my belt. Most of what is in there is just me taking the time to write out 500 lines of GUI code...

As to remembering values, as far as I know, it would have to be a text file. I could just stick it in the C drive for windows, and whatever the main storage spot is for macs and call it good. I'm going to overhaul the programs during spring break, but if it doesn't get done it may be until summer :(.

Make it open source! It seems like there are enough willing java devs here to keep it going. Unless this is an e-peen thing, and you wanna keep sole credit XD.

Know more? I laughed out loud at that. I wrote both of those with two textbooks at my desk and less than a semester of high school computer class under my belt.
Wow, I never would have guessed that... you really did do a great job!

Anyway, a few questions of my own:

1. If an NPC turns and moves at the same time, that advances the frame by 2, right? They seem to do so 90% of the time in the PokéMart for me, and if this is the case, with an even target frame and Mesprit/Cresselia both caught, it looks like I'll need to go after a different WonderCard spread on my Diamond.

2. So, if I understand correctly, D/P's delays can change from even to odd and vice versa without inserting/removing a GBA cart? Mine seem to change quite a bit; when calibrating my delay, it seemed to change after almost every soft reset, which was usually every 3 minutes.

Thanks!

If it did, wouldn't you advance the frame by one every time you talked to the Day-Care Man for your egg? O.o (Unless of course you were talking to him from the front)

When you Calculate Poketch Taps at RNG for determining the PID (Gender, Ability, Nature), and it says e.g. Happiness Double Taps 5 and Coin Flips 0, I have to switch first to Happiness Application, Double tap it 5x and then switch away to Coin Flip, but I am not allowed to Flip it, right? Or can I simply give the parents after Double tapping into Daycare, without switching to Coin Flip Application?

The RNG reporter tells you what to do.

Sometimes it says Switch to X but do not tap. Also sometimes it tells you not to switch to X at all.

X = Happiness checker or Coin Flip.

If it doesnt tell you anything written in red, you are safe to switch to coin flip.

@43ROD4CYTL If you don't need flips when you don't have to switch to Coin Flip. BUT don't leave the Happiness Checker open. It gets tripped entering buildings and depositing partents in day care.

Is the HG/SS RNG fully cracked or pretty much cracked?

If so => Is there any step by step guide?
As I can't seem to find a step by step guide of RNG'ing in HG/SS.

Are there also video guides?
And last question: What is known so far?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is the HG/SS RNG fully cracked or pretty much cracked? pretty much cracked not fully

If so => Is there any step by step guide? No there isn't a written guide
As I can't seem to find a step by step guide of RNG'ing in HG/SS.

Are there also video guides? Try looking it up on youtube but there are none posted here
And last question: What is known so far? everything know so far is in this thread http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61090

Okay, so I'm abusing for Ivs, I think I'm hitting my correct time, but none of the Ivs produced by the egg are listed in the adjacent results. Does anybody know what I could be doing wrong?

just a last question, I thinK anyone saw.
In the videos, there is a place where the fips are marked, but I don't seem to find it, so I decided to ask where it is.
Also, does those flips can be founded in the Seed to Time box? So I don't have to keep looking for them.

Just take the seed you want and put it into it's corresponding text box in the main part of the RNG Reporter and click generate. Under the part that will list all the spread it will say "Coin Flips for Seed: ....". Hope that answers your question. If you don't see that on yours, just expand the program box until you can.

Current to do list for PikaTimer and JavaRNG:

-Multiple nature selection
-Multiple hidden power selection
-Better 3rd Gen searches (think FRLG)
-Faster 4th gen searches (I had a breakthrough on this recently)
-The ability to select >=, <=, ==, !=, HP_E, or HP_O for each stat
-Labels to explain how it works
-Allowing you to decide the minimum reset time (as opposed to always being 30)
-Technician hidden power selection
-Better pinging and/or text font changing for the PikaTimer.
-Work with others
-Get these things open source.

Anything else people want to see for JavaRNG or PikaTimer?

If works w/ others helps with my problem, then nothing. If not, remeber how I couldn't get mine to work on my Windows 2000? We couldn't get it to work, around the 20th of December.

Sorry for asking again but I still need help with my Arecus.
My seeds are
6F000266 adamant year 2012 fram3 511
54120259 modest year 2000 frame 245
98010260 year 2008 frame 113
2F0C0268

Edit
My delays are 600 & 602

When I plug this to seed to time and do the process, when I do my coin flip, I get flips that doesnt match anything.
My platinum game, I got some flips that correspond to the RNGReporter. But in the game, I have already captured all roamers. So its 511-1 = 510 / 2 = 65?

But in the diamond and pearl games, I get flips that have no matching result with the RNGReporter. In both games, I havent released any roamers (i.e. I havent gone to cresslia or mesprit location for that can start roaming.). So I should include them in the equation right?(Frame-0-1 for monster frame)?
Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.

Sorry for asking again but I still need help with my Arecus.
My seeds are
6F000266 adamant year 2012 fram3 511
54120259 modest year 2000 frame 245
98010260 year 2008 frame 113
2F0C0268

When I plug this to seed to time and do the process, when I do my coin flip, I get flips that doesnt match anything. Then you didn't hit the correct time and/or delay.
My platinum game, I got some flips that correspond to the RNGReporter. But in the game, I have already captured all roamers. So its 511-1 = 510 / 2 = 65?
Okay, 65x2 does not equal 510. 510/2=255 page flips.
But in the diamond and pearl games, I get flips that have no matching result with the RNGReporter. In both games, I havent released any roamers (i.e. I havent gone to cresslia or mesprit location for that can start roaming.). So I should include them in the equation right?(Frame-0-1 for monster frame)? Again, you probably missed your delay. Just catch it and use the initial seed finder to see what delay you hit. Then generate a list to see what frame you hit in that seed.
Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.

Sorry the 65 flips was from another seed
Just to make sure that I don't spend another day failing at this
1. If it the wrong Arecus, plug it information the the seed finder.
2. Choose wondercard pkmn and generate it to see what frame I hit?

Thanks Coktal

If works w/ others helps with my problem, then nothing. If not, remeber how I couldn't get mine to work on my Windows 2000? We couldn't get it to work, around the 20th of December.
I remember that. Jar files don't work on 2000, so I was going to see if anyone could help me make a jnlp file for that. If anyone reading this thread knows how to make a jnlp file, pm me.

Is there anny way of checking if I've hit my spread at lvl 1? I have a shiny smeargle, i've checked with the coin flip but i don't want to save in case its wrong. I only have 42 rare candies in total.

Is there anny way of checking if I've hit my spread at lvl 1? I have a shiny smeargle, i've checked with the coin flip but i don't want to save in case its wrong. I only have 42 rare candies in total.
Well, check the stats and the characteristic of your Smeargle at level 1 and see if your desired result would have those stats and that characteristic as well. If you have D/P, then that's really all you can do without saving or leveling up. If you have Platinum (or HG/SS I suppose), assuming your desired result has at least one flawless stat, try the IV man stationed by the PC inside the Battle Tower. Talk to him repeatedly and see if you can get him to say all the flawless stats of your Smeargle.

Well, check the stats and the characteristic of your Smeargle at level 1 and see if your desired result would have those stats and that characteristic as well. If you have D/P, then that's really all you can do without saving or leveling up. If you have Platinum (or HG/SS I suppose), assuming your desired result has at least one flawless stat, try the IV man stationed by the PC inside the Battle Tower. Talk to him repeatedly and see if you can get him to say all the flawless stats of your Smeargle.
Thanks but im trying to get a flawless pokemon, having one iv thats 31 isnt enough to check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)