1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. The Giritina-man

The Giritina-man

Interesting, cause I coulda sworn I remember and did actually breed such a poke w/o using the RNG at random, too. Just grabbed a batch of pokes, hatched, and IV checked.
    Thanks.
    And yea, I was referring to the breeding aspect of the game, as I had this before.
  2. Rysta

Rysta

I thought you meant capturing, sorry. Any spread is possible when breeding.
  3. Sudo

Sudo

I just checked my DS's options menu and the standard is the 24-hour clock; there doesn't seem to be an option to change it. :\
  4. acid_paradox

acid_paradox

I have a question about DPPt Breeding for IVs. I am consistently landing on a delay of 593 every time I zone into the game (hurray). I found a spread that I want to do, and the frame of it is two. I want to know how I can advance the RNG the amt of times I want. (2-3/2= -0.5). I can't advance a frame a negative amount, so does the frame I am trying to hit count as landing on frame zero? or it is impossible? Or should I just try and find another frame?
  5. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

when you breed the frame you start on will be different so you'll have to do the frame calibration step explained in the breeding perfect pokemon article in the first page each time you want to do a breed as your starting frame will be different each time you breed. So you may be able to have a frame of 2 as your starting frame or not look at the article it explains it in detail.
  6. acid_paradox

acid_paradox

Do you mean your save frame (right when you enter the game)? Because I already know that it's 3. And iirc, the # of journal flips you have to do is your target frame minus your start frame divided by two. 2-3/2 is negative one half, which - as far as I know - cannot be achieved with a save frame of 3. Or were you talking about something else?
  7. Nexus

Wi-Fi Commissioner

no I'm referring to your question sorry I didn't think you'd started yet with your breed, if your starting frame is 3 then it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to get a frame of two so try re-saving to see if you land on a starting frame of two or lower as that is the only way or do a different spread like shananiganeer mentioned.
  8. acid_paradox

acid_paradox

okay in that case Ill just try and use a different spread. thanks
  9. SparkTEHfuze

SparkTEHfuze

Hey Smogon.
    So, for your target time when breeding for IV abuse...
    Is that the time you enter the game at, reset your game, or close the journal...?
  10. Shananiganeer

Shananiganeer

The time you enter the game.
  11. SparkTEHfuze

SparkTEHfuze

Lol, shoulda guessed that :P
    Was just double checking cause this IV breeding can be a real pain o.O
  12. DjGopher

DjGopher

For some reason, even with java update, your timer runs too fast on my windows 2000 computer and ranges from 7-9 seconds faster than my XP computer. How can I fix this?
  13. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

If an NPC takes a Step+Turn does that advance the frame by 2? And if they do take a Step+Turn it wont randomly advance right? (Just like if you take a Step+Turn it doesnt)
  14. Tooks

Tooks

Question: I have 254:36 as play time ,I need to change the 254 to hours(0-23),that means I would divide 254 by 24 right?
  15. Shananiganeer

Shananiganeer

If you meant change to days, then yes you divide by 24. I'm assuming you want it in the format 10(days):14(hours):36(minutes). Btw I think this question belongs in Simple Questions, Simple Requests.
  16. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Or maybe he thinks that your play time is the clock you need for RNGing, like many other people who have come through here.

No, you don't use the play time to RNG. The clock used is based on the DS clock time.
  17. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Anyone? O_o
  18. Christian

Christian

I'm learning how to get easy shinies with the Shiny Egg finder.

Here's some questions:

- Which Pokètch application do I need to have when I hit my time and right delay pressing A on the continue screen? Happiness checker or coin flips?
    - The egg finder says I have to do 19 taps and 8 coin flips. Assuming I have done my first 10 coin flips to check if i hit my correct time/delay, do I have to switch to happiness checker to do 19 taps then siwtch again to coin flip application to do other 8 flips?
  19. Nexus

Wi-Fi Commissioner

20. Christian

Christian

Thanks for the quick answer, Nexus :)

Thank you too, Shananiganeer and Steeveboomb ^^
  21. Shananiganeer

Shananiganeer

Haha Omega I hadn't even thought of that. Of course you're prolly right.

Stevee, I don't think the NPCs can turn and not move. I can't say 100%, but I've spent a decent amount of time watching some random NPCs and not once did they turn without moving(assuming they were facing a direction along their pre-programmed 'track').

Christian, It doesn't matter what app is open as long as it ISN'T the happiness checker. Starting on the happiness checker will ruin your flips, and you won't be able to check the seed(unless you go catch a wild). You'll want to do your 10 flips to check the seed, switch to the happiness checker, do the taps, and then go back to the coin flip and do the remaining 8. You could do all 18 flips in the beginning, but you have to remember to switch away from the happiness checker once you've done the taps.

EDIT: O.O wow christian a trip answer. Grats!
  22. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

You can have any APP on as long as its not the Happiness checker APP but it would be more convienent to have the Coin Flip on first.
    Once your done checking if you hit your delay with 10 Coin Flips you can either switch to the Happiness Cjecker and do the 19 taps or do the 8 Coin Flips but make sure you flip away from the Happiness Checker and maek sure you dont flip to it more then once :)
    EDIT: I have seen some NPC's take a Step+Turn the other day trying to WC Abuse so if they did happen to take a Step+Turn that would Advance by 2 right?
  23. Dusk252

Dusk252

I'm good with hatching shinies but I can't find any spreads to capture wild shinies (so that I can get them in fancy balls^^). I put the spread I want in the RNG reporter Capture find tab. (I'm not too picky I just put 31 on speed and then the rest >=27) Then I mark the shiny only box and put the max frame as something like 3000. However there are never any spreads showing up...
    Could somebody help me with this?
  24. Shananiganeer

Shananiganeer

Wild shinies are rare(1/8192), so it's quite possible there aren't any that match your criteria. Try JavaRNG for getting a list of all of your wild shinies, then you can convert the seed from that list to a usable time in RNG Reporter.
  25. 7014gree

7014gree

Download PokeRNG - it finds shiny spreads a lot faster
    Download link: http://files.filefront.com/PokeRNGex.../fileinfo.html
    Guide is on post #2 of this thread

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)