Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

What monster frame is Lati@s? Their IVs are set after you leave the PokefanClub, is that correct? Also, if you faint it, will it respawn after you defeat the E4 again?

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
EDIT: i already figured it out

Guys I really really really need some help
Im abusing Suicune but I'm not having success, Im going to post all the things that I'm doing.

First I am using this seed

2270091482F 45eefcf6 (BOLD, ability 0) 31/14/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 1f030201 Frame: 511) HP DRAGON 70

And here is what I am doing:

Sweet Scent in the water and check my seed
Actual frame after sweet scenting is 17. Then i go outside of the water and challenge suicune without doing anything and it give me a spread that it could be frame 23 or 45

According to the seed theres one spread in frame 497, so I substract 23 from 497 which gives me 474 / 3 frames (bot left station) = 158 Taps and I will hit my target frame, but I hit another frame <.< (I tried three times and always got the same wrong frame)

So then I go and pick my second possible frame that is 45 and and use the frame 501 of the seed, so i just need 456 frames for hit my target, so i tap 152 times the bot left station and i don't get success :(

Whats going on o.o? what should i do!!!!!!?

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that when Im doing the frame 501 and 152 taps, I always get frame 513, so i decided to just do 148 instead of 152 taps for the -12 frames, but i get frame 498 =/

If this can help, Im doing the detunes in the water

Btw, I don't have roamers around.

Including breeding?

Edit: Thank you Misdreavus. Btw, does RNG for a specific ID/SID combo at the beginning of the game affect only one particular pokemon? Or, does it make any pokemon you encounter/hatch onward shiny also? (Sry, I don't quite get a hang on this RNG stuff yet; tried it the first time this past Sunday and got one shiny Scyther w/ bad IVs)
Yup, with breeding, you can actually get any IV spread imaginable as a shiny regardless of your ID/SID combo (assuming you still know what your SID is).

As for the second part of your post, it can be as many Pokémon as you want with that spread. If you land on a specific seed (based on the time/date of the DS clock upon soft resetting and the amount of time it took you from soft resetting to selecting "Continue" on the game menu) and advance the frame x times, any Pokémon you encounter will have the spread that corresponds to that frame on that seed. You can do this as many times as you want, assuming you can both land on that seed and advance to that frame for each attempt. Every time, you'll end up with those IVs/nature/gender/ability. If that spread happens to be one of your shiny spreads (determined by your ID/SID combo; it's EXTREMELY unlikely that one particular spread will be shiny if you don't RNG for your ID/SID combo specifically to make that particular spread be shiny), then every time you advance the frame to that spread, you'll get those IVs/nature/gender/ability AND the Pokémon will be shiny, and as stated above, you could do this as many times as you wanted for as many flawless shinies as you wanted.

Hope that clears things up for you!

Ok, So Im at the point in HG where I have to catch Ho-oh to continue and I want to get it with a 31/31/31/x/31/31 and adamant nature. Im used to IV abusing in platinum but haven't really tried HG yet. Questions:

In RNG reporter 7.10 what does the "synch nature" option mean and what do I want to select on it?

ho-oh is method K?

What is a typical delay in HG and whats the best way to find my range?

What is the most reliable way to advance the frame here in bell tower?

Ok, So Im at the point in HG where I have to catch Ho-oh to continue and I want to get it with a 31/31/31/x/31/31 and adamant nature. Im used to IV abusing in platinum but haven't really tried HG yet. Questions:

In RNG reporter 7.10 what does the "synch nature" option mean and what do I want to select on it?
It's the nature of the Pokémon you're using with the ability "Synchronize" (manipulates natures of encounters if it is first in your party, healthy or fainted). If you're not using anyone with Synchronize, then leave it at "none."

ho-oh is method K?
Yes.

What is a typical delay in HG and whats the best way to find my range?
It's around 490. The best way to find out is basically the same way you do in D/P/Pt: soft-reset, noting the time/date at the exact second you do so, catch a Pokémon, and then use RNG Reporter's "DPPt Seed Finder" with the "HG/SS Delay" box checked. Since you want the Pokémon to be at least at level 50 to use that feature, you could use it on Ho-oh itself after using 5 Rare Candies (and then don't save, of course), OR what I actually did was catch 10 Pokémon, noting the time/date when I soft-resetted for each of them, then go into a Wi-Fi battle with them and auto-level them to 100 (or 50, but you might as well do 100 so you can get the IVs).

What is the most reliable way to advance the frame here in bell tower?
Tough question, heh. I'm trying to catch a Jolly 31/31/31/x/31/31 Ho-oh right now, and I've saved on the 10th floor in front of the ladder to the rooftop. I use Sweet Scent to check my seed, then since I'm still in an area with wild Pokémon, I use turns/steps to advance the frame. I've hit my seed once already, and I didn't get the Ho-oh I expected, but I did get some useful information about how much more/less I need to advance the frame next time I hit it.
Answers are in the bold text. RNG abuse in HG/SS is definitely more complicated than in D/P/Pt, so it's going to be different and it's going to take patience. Once I catch Ho-oh, I'm planning to write up exactly what I did so it can be of assistance to other people. Hopefully, that will be soon :p

Thanks for that: that was a pretty in-depth response. I really should get something with sweet scent on it. Not sure if I have anything handy that can learn it by level up. It would be nice if I could finish the game before being forced to deal with ho-oh. If a repel is in play, the frame still advances for each step, no?

Thanks for that: that was a pretty in-depth response. I really should get something with sweet scent on it. Not sure if I have anything handy that can learn it by level up. It would be nice if I could finish the game before being forced to deal with ho-oh. If a repel is in play, the frame still advances for each step, no?
You're welcome! As far as Sweet Scent users go, I just went and caught an Oddish in the Ilex Forest. Easy to find, easy to catch, and they come with Sweet Scent. Yes, even if a Repel is in use, if you are in an area where wild Pokémon can be randomly encountered, the RNG will advance by 1 frame for each turn OR step (a turn + step in one move increases the frame by 2).

Yup, with breeding, you can actually get any IV spread imaginable as a shiny regardless of your ID/SID combo (assuming you still know what your SID is).

As for the second part of your post, it can be as many Pokémon as you want with that spread. If you land on a specific seed (based on the time/date of the DS clock upon soft resetting and the amount of time it took you from soft resetting to selecting "Continue" on the game menu) and advance the frame x times, any Pokémon you encounter will have the spread that corresponds to that frame on that seed. You can do this as many times as you want, assuming you can both land on that seed and advance to that frame for each attempt. Every time, you'll end up with those IVs/nature/gender/ability. If that spread happens to be one of your shiny spreads (determined by your ID/SID combo; it's EXTREMELY unlikely that one particular spread will be shiny if you don't RNG for your ID/SID combo specifically to make that particular spread be shiny), then every time you advance the frame to that spread, you'll get those IVs/nature/gender/ability AND the Pokémon will be shiny, and as stated above, you could do this as many times as you wanted for as many flawless shinies as you wanted.

Hope that clears things up for you!
Thx a lot Mis, your explanation really clarify my doubt about shiny+flawless IVs.

Base on my understanding, does it mean that ALMOST everyone in Smogon who put up a shop w/ their "trophy cases" being those pokemons with shiny+flawless IVs actually RNG their ID/SID? In other words, does it mean that they actually start a new game for particular spread, just for the sake of getting those "trophy cases"?

Base on my understanding, does it mean that ALMOST everyone in Smogon who put up a shop w/ their "trophy cases" being those pokemons with shiny+flawless IVs actually RNG their ID/SID? In other words, does it mean that they actually start a new game for particular spread, just for the sake of getting those "trophy cases"?
Well, most of them are bred Pokémon, which as I explained you don't need a specific ID/SID combo to get since breeding is done quite differently than the other methods. The unbreedable Pokémon, such as legendaries, assuming they are legit, are either from someone who RNG'd their ID/SID, someone who got EXTREMELY lucky, or someone who traded with someone else who fits one of the two above categories and have permission to redistribute their Pokémon.

EDIT: Well, every game has shiny spreads, and there's bound to be a few "good" ones in there, but when you come across a "perfect" one, that's when someone must have RNG'd their ID/SID or got really lucky.

You're welcome! As far as Sweet Scent users go, I just went and caught an Oddish in the Ilex Forest. Easy to find, easy to catch, and they come with Sweet Scent. Yes, even if a Repel is in use, if you are in an area where wild Pokémon can be randomly encountered, the RNG will advance by 1 frame for each turn OR step (a turn + step in one move increases the frame by 2).

actually... in HG/SS it doesn't always advance by one per step.... its almost... RANDOM (hmmm... how bout that?) lol.... I've been trying to RNG Lugia... I had no roamers.... and walked 480 steps.... I wound up on frame 961.... or something like that.... making it 2 each in this scenario.... on another time... I took 40 steps.... and actually landed on frame 41.... (Lugia of course adds 1....) showing that it's hard to predict when it will be 1.... and when it wont.... the most consistent way to advance frames is the radio.... granted it takes longer.... but it takes out the guess work....

actually... in HG/SS it doesn't always advance by one per step.... its almost... RANDOM (hmmm... how bout that?) lol.... I've been trying to RNG Lugia... I had no roamers.... and walked 480 steps.... I wound up on frame 961.... or something like that.... making it 2 each in this scenario.... on another time... I took 40 steps.... and actually landed on frame 41.... (Lugia of course adds 1....) showing that it's hard to predict when it will be 1.... and when it wont.... the most consistent way to advance frames is the radio.... granted it takes longer.... but it takes out the guess work....
Thanks for telling me this... trying to advance the RNG via steps/turns was not working properly for me. I really have to take at least a small amount of steps for my current (and first) project, Ho-oh, as I'm saved on the 10th floor of the Tin Tower in front of the ladder to the rooftop so I can use Sweet Scent to verify my seed. I then walk up the ladder and directly to Ho-oh. The radio does work on the 10th floor (but not on the rooftop), so I'll give that a try after reading OmegaDonut's post, but I suppose I'll still get some inconsistencies as a result of the small amount of walking I have to do. Oh well...

Lets say i get a seed at 18:33. If i record that and the Second i pressed continue on, is it possible to get that same seed by setting the DS time to the date i got the seed?

Thanks for telling me this... trying to advance the RNG via steps/turns was not working properly for me. I really have to take at least a small amount of steps for my current (and first) project, Ho-oh, as I'm saved on the 10th floor of the Tin Tower in front of the ladder to the rooftop so I can use Sweet Scent to verify my seed. I then walk up the ladder and directly to Ho-oh. The radio does work on the 10th floor (but not on the rooftop), so I'll give that a try after reading OmegaDonut's post, but I suppose I'll still get some inconsistencies as a result of the small amount of walking I have to do. Oh well...

actually.... i'm in a similar area... i'm one step before the door to Lugia.... the Sweet Scent adds 3... and the Radio adds one at a time and I have yet to have a time in which both these methods were even slightly off (it worked 100% of the times I did it....) so yeah....

also: FUCK ME UP THE GOAT ASS.... I finally got the right seed... the right frame... and EVERYTHING.... and then Lugia gets confused and kills itself.... FUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK.... (I had to get to frame 473...)

I know its been stated that cinematic cutscenes dont advance the frame, but does the Dogs 'cutscene' advance it at all? I think Ive read that it counts as one frame, but just wanted to make sure.

I'm not sure, but the best way to test it is to save just before they are released (i believe you take a step and when you're close enough they run off). Save one step before, do a reset, and procede to release and catch one immediately. Find the seed, and see what frame it's on.

@Cordinator: Dude, that sucks. That's almost as bad as my Articuno struggling to death 4 times (took 350~ dive balls to catch). But luckily it was a roamer, so I could just turn it off and back on. Atleast now you know what you need to do to hit the frame.

Another quick question on the Pikatimer the 1st Timer is 80 Secs do i wait till 80secs then press start on the AR or Do I wait 20 secs then press start?

Im finally starting to get this to work and Im using the Pikatimer and Im getting the right secs but the delay Im Looking for is 640 and i get around 600-610 how do i get higher delay?

How is Feebas Encounter Slot calculated in Platinum?
It says 50% but fact is I get it only like 10% of the time and this makes it a bitch to RNG I keep resetting for spreads which let me get shiny gyarados and alike but is there any list which can me tell on which spread I would actually encounter a Feebas?

Alright guys, I'm sure that the HG/SS RNG abuse is still being worked on, but what is it like?
Aside from the obvious no Poketch apps.
I found a nice seed using the RNG Reporter (latest version), Method K for Lugia.
It's the same thing right? Is there anything I have to watch out for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)