Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I need help. I've done everything as usually when RNGing for a shiny. I found out that the egg is shiny, but when I go to see my journal it says:
Caught a male Roselia instead of the usual Caught a Roselia (night).
Will this text still advance my frame or do I have to turn pages until I get something that say's (night)/(day).

Thanks in advance

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I need help. I've done everything as usually when RNGing for a shiny. I found out that the egg is shiny, but when I go to see my journal it says:
Caught a male Roselia instead of the usual Caught a Roselia (night).
Will this text still advance my frame or do I have to turn pages until I get something that say's (night)/(day).

Thanks in advance
Straight from the front page

- Opening the Journal, or having it automatically open, when there is a caught or defeated Pokémon on the first page advances the RNG by 2 seeds. There are a number of formats for the caught Pokémon text. Those listed below have been verified to advance the RNG.

'Caught a female BIDOOF.'
'Caught AZELF (LATE NIGHT).'
'UXIE was caught (DAY).'
'Defeated a male BIDOOF.'

Can someone just confirm that my math is correct before I attempt this abuse(my first Sweet Scent abuse on water).
99(Target Frame)-3(Sweet Scent)=96-1(runner)-1(turning, but not moving)=94/2=47(Page Flips)-2(Opening Journal)=46 Jounral Flips.

Can someone just confirm that my math is correct before I attempt this abuse(my first Sweet Scent abuse on water).
99(Target Frame)-3(Sweet Scent)=96-1(runner)-1(turning, but not moving)=94/2=47(Page Flips)-2(Opening Journal)=46 Jounral Flips.
Yup 46 Flips + 1 Turn (Taking account of the Journal popping up with a caught ____)

I'm doing coin flips/happiness taps for shininess on eggs, and I need to have the poke have a specific gender (female). In the last four columns (50%, 12.5%, 25%, 75%), it reads as follows:

50% = F
12.5% = M
25% = F
75% = F

what are the chances of the baby being female or male? I don't fully understand these columns.

are there any other NPCs besides that VSseeker Breeder Amber on route 210 (south)? I've hit my delay twice and the wrong pokemon keeps showing up. This is platinum btw

are there any other NPCs besides that VSseeker Breeder Amber on route 210 (south)? I've hit my delay twice and the wrong pokemon keeps showing up. This is platinum btw
None besides her :) Theres the Jogger but he moves in a consistant pattern :/
And did you check the Time of Day it is in your game for that Seed? That can affect Encoutner Slots because I was after a Scyther there and Ponyta kept coming up, found out it was morning and that makes Ponyta Encounter Slot 2 ;_;

I'm going for Careful Pineco, it is supposed to be slot 8 and 9. Night shouldn't affect it either (time is 1:01 am) since noctowl and hoot hoot are 2-3

I'm going for Careful Pineco, it is supposed to be slot 8 and 9. Night shouldn't affect it either (time is 1:01 am) since noctowl and hoot hoot are 2-3
Ah, are you using Encoutner Slot 8? I went for a Pineco before to oand used Encounter Slot 8 and a Geodude came up ;__;
Anyways you might be doing your Flips wrong...? Or is Emerald in?
EDIT: Beat by Time again :/

Ok, here are my calculations, tell me what I'm doing wrong: 71-2 (sweet scent) - 1 (one step) = 68/2 = 34 Journal flips
Hmmm the only thing I can say is you might me at 127 Steps and that one step made you 128 Steps advancing from the Step Counter :/
So instead try Turning once
Other then that yes 71-2=69-1=68/2=34
So 34 Flips + 1 Turn

Ok, do you know what frame you're actually getting, because that might help. The only thing I see that could be problematic in your post is the one step. It's possible that it could roll over the 128 counter and advance the frame by the number of Pokémon in your party, to remedy this, I'd advise turning instead of stepping.

Edit: Stevee beat me this time. =P

When you hit the seed, are you still getting the same pokemon to appear after doing all the page flips and everything? I mean, is it the same pokemon with the same IVs and everything? If so, figure out what frame it is, and change accordingly. I had that trouble this morning when I went for Lunatone. I don't know why, but my frame changed to even for some reason (I had a runner out, so after SS it would be odd).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)