Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Okay, so I want to abuse PRNG on Emerald, but the emerald topic was closed, so I'm posting here. My WinZip is expired, so I can't use RNG reporter. Is it absolutely imperative that I use RNG reporter? I'm not sure how to find spreads otherwise.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so I want to abuse PRNG on Emerald, but the emerald topic was closed, so I'm posting here. My WinZip is expired, so I can't use RNG reporter. Is it absolutely imperative that I use RNG reporter? I'm not sure how to find spreads otherwise.
no there's a file with a list of spreads that occur for the first 100,000 frames in emerald an emloop itself h s a function that lets you find your shiny spreads there is an article on it by Mr. Sabeleye in the ever grande city subforums in the ruins of alph forums and it mentions how to use it to find breeding spreads as well

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Uh, unless you are using windows 2000 or earlier, you have built in zip. Every MS OS since XP has had it built in... I guess this is how winzip is still in business.

Couldn't there be a feature where you reccord say 15-20 coin flips and it can check your seed? Since it goes from seed to flip, I'm sure theres a way to make it go vice verse..
No, it's not really possible to use just flips.

What's the problem with just using the adjacent finder in seed->time, though?

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Really Mingot? It says my Zip trial period expired on my vista. Also, other than having to catch alegitimate shiny on emerald, how do I get my Emerald SID?

If you really don't have XP/Vista/7 and can't use WinZip, try ExtractNow, which is pretty good freeware that can cover most compression formats.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Really Mingot? It says my Zip trial period expired on my vista. Also, other than having to catch alegitimate shiny on emerald, how do I get my Emerald SID?
RE: ZIP --
Uninstall winzip :P

RE: SID --
The only other way is to have someone else find your SID for you with an external device.

You should be able to migrate a pokemon from the game to D/P/Pt, and then just trade it to someone who can check the SID. But that'd take a long time if you're reseting for it.

I've used the search and only came up with results from some months ago concerning the static(?) legendaries in HeartGold/SoulSilver.
I got HG and I'm at the point where I could go get Ho-oh. So far I've only done RNGing with eggs and only on platinum, so I'm wondering which method I'm supposed to use( is it the new Method K? ) and how to verify my seed, or how to find out which seed I'm actually on while I'm saved in front of him.
Just being pretty puzzled right now, but maybe someone is kind enough to elaborate on how to start with HG?

Okay, quick question for those of you that have radar abused. I'm going to be going for Mareep in just a little while, but I need some help as far as determining frame and I've got a few questions.

1) Is the monster frame start at one, and then add the frames for using the radar and walking? Ex. 1 (starting frame) + 10 (assuming 4 patches showed up) + 4 (steps getting to the patch) = 15 (the frame of the pokemon that should appear). Or is the starting frame different, like 2 just like when sweet scenting.

2) Is it possible to abuse the first battle to start the chain by determining the encounter slot of the first battle? I'm going to be going for a frame just above 100 (my shiny spread), so I won't have much room for error so if I can instantly start the chain that'd help alot.

Okay, quick question for those of you that have radar abused. I'm going to be going for Mareep in just a little while, but I need some help as far as determining frame and I've got a few questions.

1) Is the monster frame start at one, and then add the frames for using the radar and walking? Ex. 1 (starting frame) + 10 (assuming 4 patches showed up) + 4 (steps getting to the patch) = 15 (the frame of the pokemon that should appear). Or is the starting frame different, like 2 just like when sweet scenting.

2) Is it possible to abuse the first battle to start the chain by determining the encounter slot of the first battle? I'm going to be going for a frame just above 100 (my shiny spread), so I won't have much room for error so if I can instantly start the chain that'd help alot.
Your calculation is right but you still need to add 5 to that for battling the Pokemon, So 10 (4 Patches) + ( 4 Steps, the guide reccomends you do step+turns though so theres no random advancement) + ( 6 For the Monster Frame and Battling the Pokemon ) = 20

About the second question I think it is... And I believe Riddlinkid did....
But Encounter Slots dont matter for PokeRadar Abuse :/

I'm currently Journal flipping to advance the Frame. Before I encountered a page with "Caught/Defeated a Pokemon", I came across this entry in a page: Got [Pokemon] from [Trainer]. This was the result of a wifi trade. Has this advanced the frame by two?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm currently Journal flipping to advance the Frame. Before I encountered a page with "Caught/Defeated a Pokemon", I came across this entry in a page: Got [Pokemon] from [Trainer]. This was the result of a wifi trade. Has this advanced the frame by two?
no all the journal entries known to advanced frames are listed on the first page only those will any other entries wont

Yes and no, you can use your normal sweet scent encounter slot for any typical pokemon in normal shaking grass. Its the radar only pokeon that appear in the flashing patches that you cannot reliably encounter without 1st starting a chain.

Well i noticed in the page w/ encounter slots that it also has the slots for radar (which should take up slots 6, 7, 10, and 11 according to the site w/ platinum encounter slots). I'll probably bring a static pokemon with me to help having a likelier chance.

And just saying about the second question, I just want to use it so that the chain "should" start in that first battle. I guess I'll just try and see what happens. I'll try the turn and step, but the problem is that I'm having to go for frame 109 (highest that the spread appears on), so that might advance it too much.

I'm going for Cresselia..
I finally hit my delay and I don't want to do it again, so just to make sure..
I need frame 254. Cress's monster frame is 5.
So its 254 - 6 = 249. So that's 128 steps with 5 pokes in my party, and 122 journal flips, right?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
I'm going for Cresselia..
I finally hit my delay and I don't want to do it again, so just to make sure..
I need frame 254. Cress's monster frame is 5.
So its 254 - 6 = 249. So that's 128 steps with 5 pokes in my party, and 122 journal flips, right?
yes and its minus 5 not six but your math is still right

Uh, unless you are using windows 2000 or earlier, you have built in zip. Every MS OS since XP has had it built in... I guess this is how winzip is still in business.

No, it's not really possible to use just flips.

What's the problem with just using the adjacent finder in seed->time, though?
There is no problem it just takes some time.. But I guess it's worth it :)

Hi there. I'm finding my initial seed via IV checking. Every time I zone into the game I catch a pokemon, and check it's IV's. Up until now, it has always worked. But now - for whatever reason - when I check my IV's and put them in, the result is always that there are no matched for the IV's entered. Am I doing something wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)