1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Newts

Newts

If you don't know what your talking about please refrain from posting. I use sweet scent as a method to jump large numbers of frames at a time as well as verify my seed considering there is no journal etc. I am abusing the frame that Raikou is released into the wild when you defeat the E4. Now if you can't answer the question I have asked, don't post, someone who can actually help will hopefully see this and give me something useful to work with.
  2. Sudo

Sudo

There are only two methods to abuse Raikou in HGSS:

1. You have to hit the seed+frame before encountering it in the ruins.
    2. You have to hit the seed+frame before immediately defeating Lance.

Am I missing something here?
  3. Newts

Newts

Your seed is decided the second the game starts, how the hell am I going to change my seed when I defeat him?! And the frame is exactly what I am trying to do, I have had 150 frames appear and I don't know why. I ask a genuine question and your here treating me like an idiot.
  4. Sudo

Sudo

I don't mean to offend, but this post can help elucidate things.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2229539&highlight=raikou#post2229539

Raikou is an exception to the rule it seems.
  5. Newts

Newts

You can advance your frame for any roamer BEFORE you enter the Pokemon League, I assume what he is getting at is, if you save in the champions room your only method is to walk 128 steps. I've done it before, as have others, mattj for example. Its the source of the 150 frames that is what I'm wondering about, not how to release him, not how to advance my frames.
  6. Sudo

Sudo

So basically you

1. Hit the right seed.
    2. Used Sweet Scent to get to frame 1563.
    3. Walked 128 steps and 12 turns (in grass with Repel on) to get to frame 1708.
    4. Defeated Lance, caught Raikou, found his frame is 1858.

Correct?
  7. locoghoul

locoghoul Banned deucer.

How can you play on emulator and then pass the game to your cartridge again? I wanted to start on Emerald RNG but those times I get for decent spreads are ridiculous.
  8. Sudo

Sudo

locoghoul, you'll need to buy a flash cart in order to transfer your data, but I don't think this sort of topic belongs in this thread.
  9. mtsilverchampion

mtsilverchampion

You can also advance the frame by talking to your pokemon. If your doing this on DeSmuMe it is a lot easier because you can save state and check your frame. You should try to do it in Lance's room, preferably on an emulator as this may be the only way to consistenly hit the right frame, by talking to your pokemon and walking. Most other methods lead to inconsistencies in frame advancement.
  10. dtruth

dtruth

I'm highly confused on how delays and seconds on RNG are generated, I used RNG for a Heatran once and it worked perfectly because I received a consistent delay and second. Ever since then when aiming for a different set Heatran I'm getting no where close to my original delay. Now they are all over the place ranging from 14 - 17 seconds, 590 - 604 delay, even though when looking at my external clock I'm hitting around the same seconds. I received 594 delay twice and I can never hit it again, is there a sort of trick to hitting what ever delay you want?

I probably asked this question before sorry if its getting annoying.
  11. Sudo

Sudo

It sounds like you just have to be more precise when hitting your seconds. For some people it takes more practice and effort than others.
  12. dtruth

dtruth

I'm working on that, to me it seems that the seconds doesn't coincide with the delay cause I will receive a low delay but a fairly high seconds number or vice versa.
  13. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

Frame advancements are only inconsistent from one seed to another. If you hit your seed 2 times and do the exact same actions both times, it will advance the exact same amount both times. I've tested this over and over and over, etc...
  14. mtsilverchampion

mtsilverchampion

You misunderstand. If you'd ever played on DeSmuMe using Kazo's frame finder program you'd know that frame advancements in areas with wild Pokemon are not consistent. Therefore 140 steps/turns does NOT advance the frame by 140. I thought you would have known that mattj since you claim to have RNG'd in HG/SS. Is it not stated in the HG/SS research thread that turning to or from your Pokemon advances your frame by 2? Not to mention I did that while RNG'ing the dogs and it advance by 2, 3 or even 4.
  15. imapedarsag

imapedarsag

i know its off topic, but was there an rng for crystal? i did ask this question in Mt. Silver, but its empty there. Thanks Sudo...
  16. Sudo

Sudo

If you're asking if anyone figured out how to manipulate Crystal's RNG and post the methodology, the answer is no.
  17. blasphemy1

blasphemy1

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to RNG for eggs. I have found my frame that I am saved on-4, and I have found a desired spread. I can't seem to hit my delay, and I have been trying the coin flips but RNG reporter can't seem to find the flip sequence when I "search flips". So do I flip immediately after picking up the egg or at some other point? Also, what are some common "beginner mistakes/tips" you have? Thanks.
  18. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Administrator

Go catch a Pokemon to find your initial seed when that happens.
  19. Hanaji

Hanaji

Excuse me folks but I'd just like to repeat my last post.

It says that the configuration is incorrect, although i have already installed .NET Framework, i tried re-extracting PNGReporter but I'm getting the same problem all over again and i see no other solution written in the forum, I've been doing this almost all day, please help.
  20. The Giritina-man

The Giritina-man

And you made sure that there were no firewalls preventing the installation of a program or security likewise? And looked to see if you had an updated version of .NET Framework?
  21. Newts

Newts

Thank you, this is exactly the answer I was looking for :) But no I am not using an emulator, I have a genuine cart from Japan
  22. mtsilverchampion

mtsilverchampion

So do I. But I can transfer my save to/from cartridge to computer to use in DeSmuMe.
  23. Hanaji

Hanaji

I'm sure the problem is not firewall related, rather, this error always comes out everytime i run the RNGReporter:
    http://i46.tinypic.com/2gx21k3.jpg

I have reinstalled .NET Framework 2.0 again and again and i still encounter the same error.
  24. Shananiganeer

Shananiganeer

Have you tried .NET 3.5? Sounds like you've done everything else.
  25. Newts

Newts

Heh I have no idea how you do that, nor do I really want to know =P

Anyways I finally have success!!! I found a patch of grass 5 wide and ran through it making sure to turn after I left the patch on each side. Just caught him and heres the result

[​IMG]
    Raikou ~ Timid ~ Pressure
    31 / 22 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31
    HP Ice 70

Now to reset and catch him in this [​IMG]

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)