Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

i think i just understood this black magic a bit more.
now each game has pre determined iv spreads that randomly appear, all were doing is manipulating this to make the spread we want appear.
am i right in saying this?

i think i just understood this black magic a bit more.
now each game has pre determined iv spreads that randomly appear, all were doing is manipulating this to make the spread we want appear.
am i right in saying this?
Correct, if I'm understanding what you're saying. If you mean that we're abusing to get the spreads that were predetermined to show up in game, then yes.
The way I originally read this was that you said we were abusing to determine which spreads that would be shiny, which we can as well with ID abuse.

I don't really understand a part i RNG'ing for a wild pokemons...well a few:

my second is usually 15, so if I find a time, lets ssay: 15:35:15, I must reset exactly at 15:35:00 and hope I get the delay right?

Also, coin flips are exactly 10 right? if only 1 is worng, let's say no2, it means the delay is worng right?

And finnaly about flips, will the frame advance when i press continue, or must I open it manually in the items pocket? ANd in the moment I open the journal and there is something about catching/defeating a pokemon, does it counts for the frame, or does it needs to be flipped to another page first? Also, I'm pretty sure this answer is no, but, if the page does not say anything about a pokemon caught/defeated, will it advance the frame?

I guess that's all, thank you.
Hope I get an answer, but I ask because i just don't understand.

my second is usually 15, so if I find a time, lets ssay: 15:35:15, I must reset exactly at 15:35:00 and hope I get the delay right?
Yes you would set your DS Time to 15:34 and when a external clock or stopwatch goes past 1 minute reset (15:35)

Also, coin flips are exactly 10 right? if only 1 is worng, let's say no2, it means the delay is worng right?
Yes they have to be exact even if one is wrong you didnt hit your delay

And finnaly about flips, will the frame advance when i press continue, or must I open it manually in the items pocket? ANd in the moment I open the journal and there is something about catching/defeating a pokemon, does it counts for the frame, or does it needs to be flipped to another page first? Also, I'm pretty sure this answer is no, but, if the page does not say anything about a pokemon caught/defeated, will it advance the frame?
If you open your journal and the first page that comes up is Caught or Defeated ____ It will advance your Frame by 2. And even when you press continue if it pops up it will advance by 2. If the Page does not say Caught or Defeated ____ it will NOT advance the Frame this is right in the guide...

Answers are in Bold

my second is usually 15, so if I find a time, lets ssay: 15:35:15, I must reset exactly at 15:35:00 and hope I get the delay right? Correct, using the PikaTimer program makes this a lot easier(you should have also done the calibration phase specified in the guide to narrow your range of delays

Also, coin flips are exactly 10 right? if only 1 is worng, let's say no2, it means the delay is worng right?Correct. If even a single flip is incorrect, restart before even flipping your journal/wasting your time

And finnaly about flips, will the frame advance when i press continue, or must I open it manually in the items pocket? ANd in the moment I open the journal and there is something about catching/defeating a pokemon, does it counts for the frame, or does it needs to be flipped to another page first? Also, I'm pretty sure this answer is no, but, if the page does not say anything about a pokemon caught/defeated, will it advance the frame?I'm not sure what you mean by this. In certain areas, the frame will be advanced by NPCs, however there are a lot of areas that the frame won't be affected by at all. It's an incomplete list, but I can't find the link. And yes the frame will be advanced if you open a page w/defeated or captured pokemon.

EDIT: beaten

If you're going for the delay you normally hit, or 2+/- what you normally hit, then yes. If you are going for a delay higher up, then you'll need to use either Pika's timer or Emloop, which has guides on the front page.
Correct. Usually, you won't need to do all 10 because the chances that the first 9 are the same with delays within 4 (either above or below) has the chance of about 1/1024. But yes, if what you need is something like:
H,T,H,H,T and you get H,T,H,H,H then you missed the delay.
And finnaly about flips, will the frame advance when i press continue, or must I open it manually in the items pocket?
If you have NPCs that you couldn't/didn't stop in the route, then everytime they turn the frame will be advanced. If you stopped them, then either flipping pages in the journal or walking will be the only thing to advance it until you sweet scent/fish/whatever to start the battle.
ANd in the moment I open the journal and there is something about catching/defeating a pokemon, does it counts for the frame, or does it needs to be flipped to another page first?
It counts. So if you register the journal to the Y button, and on the first page that it opens to says "Caught/Defeated....", it will advance it by 2.
Also, I'm pretty sure this answer is no, but, if the page does not say anything about a pokemon caught/defeated, will it advance the frame?
You're correct, it won't advance the frame.
Comments in bold. Hope that helps :)

Well, if you could find someone who's willing to find the spreads, tell you the times, and everything else, I guess it could be possible since you'd have access to Emloop and or Pikatimer, but that could be a big hassel for the other person.

but possible, whats the emploop and pikatimer, are they also things you have to download, because im on a psp not a computer so i cant download anything...

They're timers used to hit delays that are higher than your normal one. Pikatimer has to be downloaded, but Emloop is online (there's a link on the first page). So if you got someone to find a wild catch spread for you, and sent you the coin flips for that spread and those nearby you might be able to catch wild flawless pokemon.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Getting ready to do an Adamant 31/31/31/17/31/31 Giratina in HG. They're obviously method 1, but does anybody know anything about what frames they appear on and whatnot? Are they something like the birds in Plat? Or are they all on Frame 1?

I'm trying to catch flawless Dittos in the Trophy Garden on Platinum version. From searching this thread, I have found that the relevant daily encounter slots are 6 (today) and 7 (yesterday). Ditto was yesterday's Pokemon of the day for me, and now I am soft-resetting to try and get Ditto to be today's Pokemon as well so that I have more possible frames to use.

However, I've been soft-resetting for several hours at this point, and not once has Backlot said that Ditto is in his garden. Is it impossible to get Ditto two days in a row or is this just bad luck?

I'm trying to catch flawless Dittos in the Trophy Garden on Platinum version. From searching this thread, I have found that the relevant daily encounter slots are 6 (today) and 7 (yesterday). Ditto was yesterday's Pokemon of the day for me, and now I am soft-resetting to try and get Ditto to be today's Pokemon as well so that I have more possible frames to use.

However, I've been soft-resetting for several hours at this point, and not once has Backlot said that Ditto is in his garden. Is it impossible to get Ditto two days in a row or is this just bad luck?
If you take a look at the start of my trade thread you will see a whole bunch of dittos with varying natures and Flawless Hidden Power IVs. Every last one of them were caught using encounter slot 7. So thats an option if you cannot get both 6 and 7 cranking. Whether or not its possible I cannot answer though.

Can an expert read my post here and then tell me if "wondercard" rng really exists or in fact is just Method 1?
Wondercard PIDs are generated using Method 1 + 2 frames. That is all explained in the OP

I can verify resetting using the same seed, same time, same frame number multiple times and each time getting the same IVs with a random nature. For example I have been resetting for this Jirachi and have so far gotten Adamant, Hardy, Naive, Modest, and Quirky

Code:
848045179F 50c8d32a (JOLLY, ability 0) 31/31/31/29/31/0 (Seed: 0403086d Frame: 4) HP ICE 54
Its method 1 Frame 1
And I'm recieving Frame 3 by having the journal pop up automatically and collecting it before the NPC moves

Still waiting on Brave =/

ok then, new question, how come in the OP it says the PID is not discoverable, but in fact it easily is. it's just the PID of the method 1 you're adding 2 to.

EDIT: i do 56 flips, with one wandering pokemon, before any NPC moves and I get Frame 114 in Method 1 or Frame 116 in Wondercard. this makes sense doesn't it?

ok then, new question, how come in the OP it says the PID is not discoverable, but in fact it easily is. it's just the PID of the method 1 you're adding 2 to.

EDIT: i do 56 flips, with one wandering pokemon, before any NPC moves and I get Frame 114 in Method 1 or Frame 116 in Wondercard. this makes sense doesn't it?
The IVs are set using the typical Method 1 PID, but being a wondercard its own PID is different. If you have the ability to convert your poke into a file, or can open your sav into that evil P program you will be able to see that even though you have the IVs of your Method 1 frame, your PID will be completely different.

EDIT ummm 56*2+1 = 113.... you should be collecting it on 116

EDIT 2: woops missed the monster frame, its 114, but you should still be collecting it after 57 flips

so then why are the natures coming out to be the same as the ones in Method 1 for me, like wondercard Frame 116 has the nature AND ivs of Method 1 Frame 114

EDIT 56*2+1+1+2
flips*2+wandering+monster frame+2 to make it wondercard iv

i checked it, i hit the correct frame using this

No no no your getting mixed up there =/ the game doesn't add 2, you need to advance 2 more than the method 1 frame..... Thats like saying I'll get to frame 114 and get the method J poke on frame 93

Are you 100% sure that 56 flips with 1 roamer gets you flawless? You should be getting 18 27 27 10 30 2

EDIT I'll send you a PM, don't wanna ask you something that will have you violate the rules

my whole point is that it worked, i did 56 flips and it worked. i got the nature and IV's of Method 1 frame 114. im completely agreeing with you, im just asking how on earth this could have happened?(im positive there were no NPC movements.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)