Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay, I'm trying to get Raikou. I've saved in the burned tower, one step away from releasing the dogs. I've just hit my target seed. I just sweet scented a Koffing to get my seed, and searching RNG reporter for Method K spreads, its IVs are listed as Frame 2 under the "Frame" column, and Frame 23 under the "Actual" column. My target frame is 26. How many advances do I need to make with the radio (bearing in mind I need to take one step to release the dogs)? I think Sweet Scent advances the frame by 6, but I'm not sure if when that's added on etc, and I don't know which frame I need to advance from.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes; although the advance is (supposedly) inconsistent, you can be certain that the advance will always be the same on that particular seed.
I can confirm that the frame is inconsistent when there are roamers around. Just faint them or catch them.

Okay, I'm trying to get Raikou. I've saved in the burned tower, one step away from releasing the dogs. I've just hit my target seed. I just sweet scented a Koffing to get my seed, and searching RNG reporter for Method K spreads, its IVs are listed as Frame 2 under the "Frame" column, and Frame 23 under the "Actual" column. My target frame is 26. How many advances do I need to make with the radio (bearing in mind I need to take one step to release the dogs)? I think Sweet Scent advances the frame by 6, but I'm not sure if when that's added on etc, and I don't know which frame I need to advance from.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.
Unless Raikou is the one that has the higher frame (I believe one is frame 1 and the other is 5), then you will need to do 2 radio detunes with the lower right station. If it is one, then you are too high. What I suggest doing is looking for a spread before your target who's actual is lower than 20. So if it's say frame 3 has an actual of 19, when you enter the game detune the radio once and sweet scent. That way you'll get the one on frame 3, with the actual of 19. So 19+6=25. Then just detune once and take a step.

Is there any way to hit a delay without trying randomly? I got my time and seconds right but I just want to know if its possible to hit the delay consistently. The closest I got was 2 off my delay.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
OK I'm done asking frequently-asked questions for now, so I'll ask the not-so-frequently asked ones...

Has anybody tried RNGing for Eevee/Electrodes yet?
Still Method 1 and K, respectively?

How about the other gift Pokemon? All being Method 1 too?
And how about Game Corner pokes like Abra?

BTW I have a next suggestion for a next version of RNG Reporter (if possible)...
Try to add boolean operators for the nature under Time Finder tab, so that we can search for spreads in either Natures A or B (or C, D, etc...)
Example: Search for either Modest or Timid Latios, or any nature except Quiet, Brave, etc, etc, etc...

@Emily: Wichu and I have done Eevee. It is Method 1. I believe either Negator or EE have done the Rocket Hideout Electrode, but i don't remeber which one.

Unless Raikou is the one that has the higher frame (I believe one is frame 1 and the other is 5), then you will need to do 2 radio detunes with the lower right station. If it is one, then you are too high. What I suggest doing is looking for a spread before your target who's actual is lower than 20. So if it's say frame 3 has an actual of 19, when you enter the game detune the radio once and sweet scent. That way you'll get the one on frame 3, with the actual of 19. So 19+6=25. Then just detune once and take a step.
Raikou's starting frame is 1, I believe.
So, As far as I can tell, you're saying that the current situation I'm in is that I've overshot my target frame, yes? And to fix this, I need to change the frame on which I sweet scent, yes? So, in my RNG reporter results, a Method K frame 5 has an Actual of 12. So, to be able to hit this frame to sweet scent on, I advance how many times with the radio? three, is it, since without doing any pre-advancing, I get a Method K frame of 2, so if I do three advances with the radio, then I catch a wild pokemon, it should be on frame 5, with an actual of 12. Then, I take the 12 and advance 13 times, to 25, then take a step to release the dogs, bringing it up to 26, which is my target frame.

Is there anything incorrect in what I've said above? Or if I do that, should I hit my target?

Thanks very much for your help.

Raikou's starting frame is 1, I believe.
So, As far as I can tell, you're saying that the current situation I'm in is that I've overshot my target frame, yes? Yeah, unfortunatly. And to fix this, I need to change the frame on which I sweet scent, yes? Yes. So, in my RNG reporter results, a Method K frame 5 has an Actual of 12. So, to be able to hit this frame to sweet scent on, I advance how many times with the radio? You need to advance the frame by three. So detune the bottom right station 3 times and you'll get it at frame 5. three, is it, since without doing any pre-advancing, I get a Method K frame of 2, so if I do three advances with the radio, then I catch a wild pokemon, it should be on frame 5, with an actual of 12. Yeah. Then, I take the 12 and advance 13 times, to 25, then take a step to release the dogs, bringing it up to 26, which is my target frame. You forget, after the SS, you add 6 to the actual of whatever you caught. So the actual is 12, so 12+6=18. So you need to do 7 more detunes after catching, then release. That should get it to work for you. Make sure you are on your bike and don't have a partner pokemon out, since this can randomly advance the frame.

Is there anything incorrect in what I've said above? Or if I do that, should I hit my target?

Thanks very much for your help.
Comments in bold.

Quick question
I just notice that the cave outside of lugia have wild pkmn.
If I save it when I walk in the cave, does the frame advance by 1 or 2 (because of a step to go inside where lugia is)?

Quick question
If I save it when I walk in the cave, does the frame advance by 1 or 2 (because of a step to go inside where lugia is)?

I have the same question as well, except if I were to walk up a ladder would that advance, if so how much?
I planned on saving on the floor below Ho-Oh and catch something to check my seed..

Quick question
@ HCZ If you are facing the cave and take a step that advances by 1.

@ Jubilee Same goes for the ladder if you are facing it when you step. If you have to turn and then step thats 2.

I'm having a very difficult time finding a good spread for Method J Pokemon in general. I downloaded the list of physical spreads and found the one I want, but I can't figure out what frame I should hit for it. And the Time Finder isn't helping either, I've tried changing the years, delay, and max frame but still no luck. Can anyone help me?

Something strange on emerald:
I made a state in front of the daycare man at 40522, I advance 1 frame, I calc and get an advance of 2. I've never went over a frame to much by opening a state while keeping a pressed down, this is the only time. I've done it like 20 over now, but I still am either 1 below or one above. What the hell is going on :/ Or what is RNG R. doing :/

EDIT: I'm shifting between spilts and no splits. 40522S jumps to 40524. No step in between.

If you don't mind weird dates you can always change the date on your DS so the delay is within your normal delay range. Then just keep trying until you hit it, it should save time, at least. For eggs the date can always be changed back once you've received the egg for a reasonable hatch date (I believe).
There is no guaranteed way, though.

I got the delay in my normal range already just trying to figure out as way to make it just a little easier. I keep getting so close!

I'm having a very difficult time finding a good spread for Method J Pokemon in general. I downloaded the list of physical spreads and found the one I want, but I can't figure out what frame I should hit for it. And the Time Finder isn't helping either, I've tried changing the years, delay, and max frame but still no luck. Can anyone help me?
Use wichu PokeRNGDP program, it's the quickest

Can anyone help me with this?
it's all trial and error >.>
I can only say be persistent (dont give up) and consistent(tapping at a consistent speed) when you trying to hit your time and delay and you'll eventually hit it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 57)