Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Guys, this is the very first time I'm abusing wondercard pokemon and I found myself wondering this: NPCs advence frames like "we" do in high grass/caves?
If an NPC turns and walks two steps, is it +3 frames or +1?

IS the silence because no one know or was this info. posted somewhere already and this is another stupid question of mine?
It may be +2 because when I was RNG'ing my Deoxys I did 56 Journal flips and the NPC turned and took a step and the frame I got the Deoxys at was 114, I personally think it all depends on the seed and where you do it because the NPCs move differently on different seeds and frames.

Still trying to hit ED11028A Frame 19.

My starting frame is almost always 5, so I've been flipping Caught Pokemon journal pages seven times in order to hit 19 before closing to talk to the Daycare Man. I have now hit the same incorrect IV spread three times. The odd thing is that this spread has 17 frames and all my misses have 19 frames... Is it possible that I've hit 3 frames every time at the start?

Also... Mesprit is still frolicking around on my save. Could its presence be impeding me somehow?
You need to realize that the NPCs change their movements depending on the frame. So for your seed when they might move on frame 1 like that, they might not move like that on another frame. Also you should have it like this Target Frame - # of Roamers - Calibrated movements of NPCs / 2 = # of Journal Flips. So you should have been doing 7 Journal Flips following your previous calibration. It might be different due to the frame, but continue trying to see what NPC moves at what frame and if you can use that to help you hit the frame. Also check how the NPC moves.

It may be +2 because when I was RNG'ing my Deoxys I did 56 Journal flips and the NPC turned and took a step and the frame I got the Deoxys at was 114, I personally think it all depends on the seed and where you do it because the NPCs move differently on different seeds and frames.
Well, it seems I'll be experimenting while attempting to get the right delay - I'm soo off today ¬¬. I'm in a shop with only 1 moving NPC, no roamers, 5 pokemon in the party.

How are Method 1 Pokemon RNG'd? Manaphy is Method 1, right?

Also, are there any malls in Pearl that do not have any walking NPCs?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How are Method 1 Pokemon RNG'd? Manaphy is Method 1, right? yes manaphy is and the same way you RNG anything else, hit a delay/target time and advance frames, although method 1 pokemon generally have only 1 frame where the spread you want appears unlike method J/K which have multiple frames.

Also, are there any malls in Pearl that do not have any walking NPCs? Nope all pokemarts in DPPt have at least 1 NPC.

You use PokeRNG (Wichu's program, find link in the first few posts of this help thread). You start by trying to find all high IVs, like 29 and up. Then you try finding low attack IVs (the rest high), then low SpAttack IVs (the rest high) and so on and you look for a nature and spread that is good. And if you're lucky, something good will show up. If not, you get everything you can off your game, trade it to another of your games, and start the game over but do SID abuse on the new game.

You use PokeRNG (Wichu's program, find link in the first few posts of this help thread). You start by trying to find all high IVs, like 29 and up. Then you try finding low attack IVs (the rest high), then low SpAttack IVs (the rest high) and so on and you look for a nature and spread that is good. And if you're lucky, something good will show up. If not, you get everything you can off your game, trade it to another of your games, and start the game over but do SID abuse on the new game.
thanks.

fastest way to advance frames in HGSS? need to hit a high frame

I know that. Ah lol. I was mixing up the seed and the frame.
How can it be that the only useable Method 1 Timid spread i have is on frame 38310 and has 31/9/30/28/25/28 ? Shouldn't there be that hex-flawless spread ?

I know that. Ah lol. I was mixing up the seed and the frame.
How can it be that the only useable Method 1 Timid spread i have is on frame 38310 and has 31/9/30/28/25/28 ? Shouldn't there be that hex-flawless spread ?
Try this seed D2140289

Pokewalker RNG questions:
1) I'm not sure I understand the difficulty in getting natures and spreads. Everything I've read around here says that you can frame advance for spreads, but the nature is still random, or something like that. None of this stuff is random. Am I just not getting the Wondercard method down correctly?
2) Since pokewalker delays are always zero, does that mean the dates to produce certain seeds are much fewer in number? I'd prefer not to have a Munchlax that says it was born in 2031.
3) I've been using piakchu25's JavaRNG to produce seeds, and it doesn't have Wondercard listed as a method. Is there another utility to crunch those numbers that does? For example, what do I use to find seeds for 31/31/31/31/31/0 Brave Munchlax using Wondercard method? I'm sure mingot has some other little app brewing out there.
4) Finally, where is the most complete guide about Pokewalker RNG'ing. I fully understnad the seed, delay, frame, advancement concepts, but I just don't know enough about Pokewalker abuse specifically. This is a long-ass thread to look/search through.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

What exactly does it mean to "pause slightly between canceling the Journal and collecting your gift"? Is just to pause a while and collect the gift without letting an NPC move? Or letting the NPC take "half a step"?
Because so far any NPC "full movement" advances the frame by 2.
Walking a step, turning, turning and walking a step, all advanced the seed by two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)