Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I found a Jolly method 2 spread that I want to use in Emerald, I wanted to know the encounter slots so I put all the required information into the main window of RNG Reporter with Method h-2 selected and with a Jolly synch (I made sure the starting frame option was lower than the frame I wanted) and it came back with no results. Does anyone know why it would do that?

I found the spread with the Emerald/3rd gen version of PokeRNG. The spread: 62506751F d952c1b5 (JOLLY, ability 1) 31/31/30/10/31/31 (Seed: 00000000 Frame: 62506751) HP GRASS 70
That spread doesn't exist in the wild unfortunately.

I'm trying to RNG my ID/SID in Platinum, and while it's going relatively smoothly, I get an invalid year error for 2012. What's going on?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm trying to RNG my ID/SID in Platinum, and while it's going relatively smoothly, I get an invalid year error for 2012. What's going on?
That's a bug in the current version, try just leaving it as 20__
I might be getting a copy of Emerald soon, so a couple of questions in preparation for that.

1) Assuming I have a wall adapter, so the battery issue is irrelevant, is it easier to RNG on a DS or GBA?
2) Is there any kind of guide to SID abuse (on an emulator)? Google didn't turn up anything useful.
Reposting for new page.

At voodoo
From my exp from currently rng legendaries
On the ds my lag is 10000+ meaning I'm usually way below my target
On my gba sp its ~-1000 usually a few frame above my target
So a gba

Edit
That just my opinion

2. I know how to abuse on ds not emerald. Hozu may be able to help you more with that but I think there is no Id Sid abuse for emerald

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Even on emulator TID is uncontrollable. SID can be controlled but you have to obtain the current PRNG value and TID (before you can see the TID in-game I might add, save states) to find an SID that works.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Even on emulator TID is uncontrollable. SID can be controlled but you have to obtain the current PRNG value and TID (before you can see the TID in-game I might add, save states) to find an SID that works.
All right, I think I've got the process figured out based on what I've pieced together from various sources, except for one part: how do I determine what frame my target SID will be on?

All right, I think I've got the process figured out based on what I've pieced together from various sources, except for one part: how do I determine what frame my target SID will be on?
You need to find out what frame the earliest received SID is on (by using the .lua script and locking into A when loading the Birch speech save state), then load the save state again and allow it to run for a little while without pressing A. Find your obtained SID and desired SID by converting both SIDs to hex and searching through the list of results (only look at the first half of the hexes in the results). Subtract the difference in frames, and that's the amount you'll need to allow the save state to advance before locking into A.

Sorry for any errors or general incomprehensibility; I'm tired. D:

hey guys, Im rnging on a ds lite in hgss.
Im trying to get a shiny gible with flawless ivs. I have firered inserted in the gba slot, meaning I always hit an even delay. I have already hit the shiny/nature seed, and verified by hatching that there is a shiny jolly gible inside the egg. Now, I go to hit the iv seed, and during the verification process, my elm calls always start on the third answer, meaning they always skip the first two. Seeing that my flawless egg is only on a certain frame that is advanced by elm calls, how many times should I call elm? rng reporter tells me only to make the first six calls: KPEKPK but when I hit the correct delay, I start on E, then go to K, then P, K. so on so forth. should I stop at that last K, or make six calls total? thanks for you help.

EDIT: By following Bearsfan's advice I hatched my flawless shiny gible.

hey guys, Im rnging on a ds lite in hgss.
Im trying to get a shiny gible with flawless ivs. I have firered inserted in the gba slot, meaning I always hit an even delay. I have already hit the shiny/nature seed, and verified by hatching that there is a shiny jolly gible inside the egg. Now, I go to hit the iv seed, and during the verification process, my elm calls always start on the third answer, meaning they always skip the first two. Seeing that my flawless egg is only on a certain frame that is advanced by elm calls, how many times should I call elm? rng reporter tells me only to make the first six calls: KPEKPK but when I hit the correct delay, I start on E, then go to K, then P, K. so on so forth. should I stop at that last K, or make six calls total? thanks for you help.
You should stop at the last call.

Quick question: Once you get an egg in HG/SS, are the natures and IVs locked in? I bred an egg for a friend but I won't be able to trade it to him for a day or so.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Find your obtained SID and desired SID by converting both SIDs to hex and searching through the list of results (only look at the first half of the hexes in the results).
This is where I'm stuck. I can't seem to find a list that gives the actual RNG values or anything else that would be helpful.

According to the guide they say:

Keypresses: More keypresses => More results => more time.
  • For the majority of people, having a keypress seed increases their calibrated timer0 by 1. If you want keypress seed, adjust your calibrated timer0 according to how your DS acts.
Let say I have done my initial calibration, and found out that my Timer0 is C7C.

If I am going to use the keypress, does that mean I must minus my timer0 from C7C to C6C before I find IV spread that I want?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
According to the guide they say:

Keypresses: More keypresses => More results => more time.
  • For the majority of people, having a keypress seed increases their calibrated timer0 by 1. If you want keypress seed, adjust your calibrated timer0 according to how your DS acts.
Let say I have done my initial calibration, and found out that my Timer0 is C7C.

If I am going to use the keypress, does that mean I must minus my timer0 from C7C to C6C before I find IV spread that I want?
Side note: actually, one less than C7C would be C7B.

Personally, I haven't really seen a correlation between keypresses and Timer0, so I would just keep using C7C unless you start to miss it a lot - use the Adjacent Seeds tool and you should be able to see what Timer0 you're actually hitting in that case.

Side note: actually, one less than C7C would be C7B.

Personally, I haven't really seen a correlation between keypresses and Timer0, so I would just keep using C7C unless you start to miss it a lot - use the Adjacent Seeds tool and you should be able to see what Timer0 you're actually hitting in that case.
Ok, Thanks for the help! =)

Can anyone tell me when should we do the 'keypresses'?

How long should I hold the button?

I've managed to get the correct seed 5 times in a row, but the problem is i couldn't manage to do the keypresses. I always get seed with 'None' Keypresses. The seed that I want requires me to do 'right-down' keypresses.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Can anyone tell me when should we do the 'keypresses'?

How long should I hold the button?

I've managed to get the correct seed 5 times in a row, but the problem is i couldn't manage to do the keypresses. I always get seed with 'None' Keypresses. The seed that I want requires me to do 'right-down' keypresses.
You should start holding them down immediately after you press A to start the game from the main menu (preferably before, but since one of yours is Down that would be kind of hard to do), and keep holding them down until after the Nintendo logo.

Also, I forgot to mention this in my previous post, but since you're asking questions about 5th gen you should ask them in the 5th gen thread.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is where I'm stuck. I can't seem to find a list that gives the actual RNG values or anything else that would be helpful.
You have to generate it yourself. When you're at the last line in the intro you have to grab the current PRNG value and put it into RNG reporter's Researcher tool. You would use the default settings but you should put 1 into the custom 1 text box and set it to 16 bit high (this would display the raw RNG call values in decimal numbers). Set the frames to however high you want, generate, output to text, then search down custom 1 for a number that would work with your desired PID and current TID (TID is determined after name entry so it's already set; use save states to find it) as your SID.

You have to generate it yourself. When you're at the last line in the intro you have to grab the current PRNG value and put it into RNG reporter's Researcher tool. You would use the default settings but you should put 1 into the custom 1 text box and set it to 16 bit high (this would display the raw RNG call values in decimal numbers). Set the frames to however high you want, generate, output to text, then search down custom 1 for a number that would work with your desired PID and current TID (TID is determined after name entry so it's already set; use save states to find it) as your SID.
Using RAM Watch at $02020000 is faster for the bolded part.

Personally I use the IV's to PID applet to find an SID after checking the TID. I then just look for the nearest seed (it is most likely in the first 10000 or so) that gives a working SID (keep in mind you have room for error with the SID, as the last 3 bits don't count for anything.)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Finally got it all figured out and got the SID. Thanks for the help!

How would I abuse my ID/SID in HGSS to make a cute charm PID shiny? I entered the PID into Pandora's box but the ID/SID combos it gave did not make the PID shiny when I put the ID/SID and the seed in the main window.

Thanks c:

Edit: Helped!

Hi everyone !

Well, I've been told about the Cute Charm problem in Gen IV (and how it could help finding lot of shinies).
What I want to do is abuse both my ID and SID so that they're the same, in an official retail cartridge.
I have a Pearl version which I can start again for that, but the problem is : how can I do that with RNG Reporter ?

I don't have much knowledge in RNG manipulating, but I've hatched many shiny eggs in Platinum with RNG anyway.

So, first of all :

Is it possible and not too much long to have the same ID and SID in my Pearl version with RNG Reporter's Pandora's Box ?
If yes, how do I do that ? =)

I'm using the latest version of RNG Reporter btw, 9.95 BETA.

Note that I don't want a specific ID or SID, I only need them to be the same :o

Thanks !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)