np: UU - Can't Touch This

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the server statistics for Jan its seen that both Dusknoir and Tentacruel are not used too much (both being below 5% usage) . So could they come down to uu?
Another question : How low does the usage of a certain pokemon have to be for it to come down to uu?
I wish and I hope tentacruel comes down to UU. I see it adding alot more balance to the UU metagame. This is similar to the question I asked earlier about tiering between UU and OU. Once their usage falls enough they'll come down to UU, probably based on monthly stats. So maybe by March will we see some new faces around

Nas

Banned deucer.
I wish and I hope tentacruel comes down to UU. I see it adding alot more balance to the UU metagame. This is similar to the question I asked earlier about tiering between UU and OU. Once their usage falls enough they'll come down to UU, probably based on monthly stats. So maybe by March will we see some new faces around
I can see Tentacruel being a great addition to stall, It's a Rapid Spinner, Bulky Water, and T-Spikes absorber/User all in one lol. If it comes down at the same time as Dusknoir then stall will just be downright broken though. =/

I can see Tentacruel being a great addition to stall, It's a Rapid Spinner, Bulky Water, and T-Spikes absorber/User all in one lol. If it comes down at the same time as Dusknoir then stall will just be downright broken though. =/
*sigh* thats the truth ;( stall would be the best playing style in UU(It kind of already is the best) . Especially if alot of our offensive threats get banned. Time for some new hyper-offense teams and new offensive sets lol

Tentacruel coming down to uu shouldnt really be that much of a threat as ,unlike a certain pink duck, it has a wide range of effective counters ranging from dugtrio(revenge kill) to slowbro to offensive venusaur etc. etc. On top of this toxic spikes in uu isnt as effetive in ou due to the variety of grounded poison types in uu (again venusaur coming to mind). Although it would , in all probability, boost stall usage , it could surely have a test run in uu.
As for dusknoir I really see it fitting in well to the current uu metagame.

Oh and please do correct me if im wrong in any of this. :toast:

I think Dusknoir will be a hell of a lot more annoying than Tentacruel. The bulkiest ghost in UU is currently Spiritomb, and Dusknoir just shits on his defenses. I don't see Tentacruel being as much of a problem, and actually see it fitting pretty well into UU as others have mentioned. Both together would make stall ridiculously hard to beat though.

Flamewheeler, Sub Punch Dusknoir is extremely fun to use as well :].

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Heh, would be nice if Heracross comes down with them to balance it out a little. Tspikes probably won't be too popular when it gives that thing an instant boost to 500+ ATK.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If Heracross or Dusknoir comes down, I will flat out quit UU until they're given a quick-boot. I hate stall so much, and Dusknoir can probably hold Heracross off pretty well. If Tentacruel comes down, then Moltres gets a new Spinning Partner... with a decent amount of Synergy between them.

Heh, would be nice if Heracross comes down with them to balance it out a little. Tspikes probably won't be too popular when it gives that thing an instant boost to 500+ ATK.
I should just start using Heracross a shit load in OU so there is a better chance of it not coming down here.

Nas

Banned deucer.
I just noticed that Hippowdon has lower usage than Tentacruel or Dusknoir. If that thing comes into UU then, well I don't even have to say it. =/

I don't think Tentacruel would be the end of the world, considering what it replaces - I imagine it would be mostly taking Milotic's spot on stall teams, and there'd be advantages and disadvantages to that. It has practical use on more offensive teams, too.

Dusclops, on the other hand, I think would be pretty unbearable since it woudl become the best spin blocking option in the tier by a wide margin, with plenty of tricks to add to a team. Though I'm not sure he'd have an effect on the metagame that is dramatically more negative than Cresselia...

I think Heracross would be even worse for the game, but at least death would come quick...

I just noticed that Hippowdon has lower usage than Tentacruel or Dusknoir. If that thing comes into UU then, well I don't even have to say it. =/
That would be such a pain in the ass. But it would go BL straight away.
Stockpilowdon anyone?

People are already using the shit Hippopotas just to get sand up. If Hippowdon comes down to UU, oh god. Stall and Sandstorm teams will dominate.

LOL. I'm not one for gimmicks, but an SD tentacruel sounds pretty cool. Nice speed and a usuable attacks stat.
I've actually used SD Tentacruel and it's pretty effective. Remember that Tentacruel has 100 base speed so it outspeeds a large portion of the tier, and is bulky enough on the special side to set-up on numberous pokemon. It's also immune to Toxic. But yes It would be a great addition to stall, and honestly it might just be me but I think stall needs a boost. I just probably think that way because most stall teams I make nowadays aren't nearly as strong as they used to be. I think Dusknoir might just be too much though, but Spiritomb still does have a few things over it so it would be interesting to test out.

If Heracross or Dusknoir comes down, I will flat out quit UU until they're given a quick-boot. I hate stall so much, and Dusknoir can probably hold Heracross off pretty well. If Tentacruel comes down, then Moltres gets a new Spinning Partner... with a decent amount of Synergy between them.
Not to mention Tentacruel is a nice Moltres check. High SpD, resists 2 commonly run attacks (HP Grass/Solarbeam and Fire Blast). Plus has a SE STAB Surf to come back with.

I don't think Tentacruel would be the end of the world, considering what it replaces - I imagine it would be mostly taking Milotic's spot on stall teams, and there'd be advantages and disadvantages to that. It has practical use on more offensive teams, too.
With Dugtrio being very viable in UU I doubt that would ever happen. You lose your ability to check <insert Physical Pokemon> as well.

It would probably just be used over Omastar.
Teifu said:
Dusclops, on the other hand, I think would be pretty unbearable since it woudl become the best spin blocking option in the tier by a wide margin, with plenty of tricks to add to a team. Though I'm not sure he'd have an effect on the metagame that is dramatically more negative than Cresselia...
Yea, that would be pretty bad. Not unbeatable though.

Teifu said:
I think Heracross would be even worse for the game, but at least death would come quick...
It would be super fun to abuse. However I think Heracross would probably be the Pokemon to get its ass kicked out before the deadline.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tentacruel would be a nice addition to UU, albeit not a metagame-wrecking addition. I have to agree with Teifu, the competition for bulky waters would be higher now if it was to be added.

Dusknoir is really not threatening at all. I assume the concern is having to spin on it. Foresight Blastoise can spin on it with relative ease, while it does nothing back in return. This is all theorymoning, but this would force more people to utilize the underrated "dual-ghost" strategy in UU.

Hippowdon would be the greatest physical wall to come down in this tier. I would predict some sort of rise with Special/Mix Venusaur to hit Hippowdon harder. Milotic would still check it nicely with the combination of Haze and Surf by blowing away Curse/Stockpile boosts. Although with the right investment, it can seriously heal off Surf easily.

Heracross would be quite fearsome, possibly getting the quickboot if needed. With Heracross coming down, I definitely predict the rise of Defensive Arcanine's again. Although Arcanine's pool of counters are very small, this means that Arcanine will see tremendous amount of usage.

/theorymon

Can't we at least try to sit back and enjoy a metagame before speculating what's going to drop in May? I'm much more excited about the metagame that's about to start with (possibly) a few suspects kicked out than a metagame where there may be some defensive powerhouses over two months from now.

I've been playing around with a few less common sets, and so far, the most impressive set I've come across is Choice Specs Venusaur. Specs Venusaur is an amazing poke that can rip holes into teams. It's attacks are just as powerful as a Modest Life Orb Roserade, and everyone remembers what a terror that was. What it trades for speed is excellent bulk to take advantage of Blastoise, Milotic, Lanturn, and fighters and fire off incredibly powerful Sludge Bombs and Leaf Storms. This set has served as an amazing wall breaker, doing a solid 78-93% to the RestTalk Spiritomb sets (and it seems that only 16% of Spiritomb sets are running Calm, with maybe a few Sassy ones). Sludge Bomb has awesome neutral type coverage for its common switch ins except Registeel, OHKOing Arcanine and Moltres with Stealth Rock guaranteed. The best part about this set is the surprise factor. Specially based Venusaur is uncommon, and no one wants to switch in Chansey on a SD or Power Whip.

I've also been having an excellent time with Choice Primeape sets. What separates Primeape from other fighters is the move U-turn. U-turn is excellent paired with Pursuit users to take out Cresselia and ghosts to easily clear a way for Primeape sweeps. Adamant Scarf Ape reaches 433 speed, outrunning Ludicolo and Gorebyss in rain and Modest Scarf PorygonZ, making it an excellent revenge killer. Another thing is free U-turn scouting on Scarf Venusaur leads that want to sleep powder your set up lead (Uxie, Froslass).

Tentacruel would be an excellent addition to stall, effortlessly taking out Blaziken with some speed investment, and another fighting resist is never a bad thing. And I would think Tentacruel would replace Blastoise on most teams, as it does everything Blastoise does much better, except Water Spout.

@Synre: I presume you meant Dusknoir right?

As for Dusknoir imo he would be a change (big change if you will) but nothing that would be monumental. The usual wall breakers like blaziken are still able to break through him (Fire blast being a clean 2HKO), while he fails to OHKO back with eq + sr damage (provided he invests the usual 28 ev's in attack).
As for the spin blocking matter he still gets thrashed by the usual counter to anti spinners (ie:Drapion and Absol),who 2HKO with their respective dark type attacks . Donphan 2HKO's dusknoir with assurance and sr damage with lefties factored in and so seeing that donphan's faster , provided you get him on the switch , dusknoir wont even be able to burn you. So their spinners gone :D
In conclusion like I said in my earlier post tentacruel and dusknoir wont really turn the metagame around.(unlike a certain pink duck atm)
Hippowdon would probably be the biggest issue.
lol a whole load of people posted before i could finish :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)