NP: UU - Zero to Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hi, I'm Arcanine.

A point of interest I would like to note is that Heracross makes a semi-decent special "wall." With a specially defensive EV spread, it can switch into Venusaur and Sceptile fairly easily (RestTalk + Guts is nice). Plus, defensive Mismagius, Spiritomb, and Rotom can't burn it. Not that this will be its most prominent niche, but it's worthy of consideration.

Hi, I'm CB Heracross. Yeah, switch in on status and nothing switches into Megahorn safely. Fuck, nothing in OU switches into Megahorn safeley other than Skarm / Tran.. which get Loled by CC.
lol heracross is really not that impressive in uu. you can theorymon it to death but actually playing around with it its not as awesome as everyone makes it out to be. its still awesome though, but thats because its a giant beetle.

also weezing, moltres (without SR), defensive rotom, steelix, registeel, mawile, dusclops and other stuff can safely switch into megahorn so 9.9

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If we're going to play that card, I'm going to consider testing sessions with your buddy "theorymon" until it's actually usable on ladder, since we still have a whole bunch of players and strategies to account for that a handful of people cannot feasibly cover.

I think what we forget about Gallade that made him so hard to deal with is that he had Shadow Sneak to fuck with Alakazam, Mismagius, Rotom, and co. Heracross is much easier to revenge kill....

I mean a lot easier.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think what we forget about Gallade that made him so hard to deal with is that he had Shadow Sneak to fuck with Alakazam, Mismagius, Rotom, and co. Heracross is much easier to revenge kill....

I mean a lot easier.
Quoted for truth. Heracross gets no priority whatsoever.

As for countering it, Mismagius can learn Psychic, which isn't a bad move otherwise, although that means sacrificing a good move. Stupid Four Moveslot Syndrome. Alakazam rapes it, Swellow bird-shits on it, and lots of other things can easily beat it. Too bad almost nothing can switch into its attacks easily. Of course, the same can be said about Alakazam, +2 Missy, Rampardos, Pinsir, Sceptile, etc.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
He gets Vacuum Wave.

Anyway, Heracross is almost like Moltres at the moment, IMO, just without the SR weakness. Big Attack stat, but his speed for a sweeper is somewhat subpar. Yeah, the best to go about using him is probably just to spam CB, but that means you prediction has to follow.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm starting to think Heracross is somewhat underrated. Sure, it's powerful, but you can have a very good team that already has multiple Heracross checks, like offensive Uxie, Moltres, Swellow, etc.

HP Flying FTW!

Anyway, what set could drifblim run that wouldn't be outright 2HKOed by Megahorn? 44 Def, yeah, that's great...

As for countering it, Mismagius can learn Psychic, which isn't a bad move otherwise, although that means sacrificing a good move. Stupid Four Moveslot Syndrome.
This reminds me that Spiritomb can use Psychic, which might be much more worthwhile with Heracross coming around (it also makes it a very good Fighting type counter).

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Spiritomb doesn't come close of KOing (hell, Expert Belt Uxie with nearly max SpAtk investment and a Timid nature doesn't). I believe a Bulk Up set will be amazing this metagame, especially with so many people relying on things like Rotom, Uxie and, overall, on the "wear it down" tactic. 95 base SpDef isn't paltry at all.

HP Flying FTW!

Anyway, what set could drifblim run that wouldn't be outright 2HKOed by Megahorn? 44 Def, yeah, that's great...

Drifblim 4x resists megahorn.

Hence why I have been thinking of running night slash or something instead of megahorn so I can actually screw with the ghost switch in.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Drifblim 4x resists megahorn.

Hence why I have been thinking of running night slash or something instead of megahorn so I can actually screw with the ghost switch in.
And yet, Jolly Guts CB Megahorn still 2HKOs 80 HP variants of Drifblim after stealth rock. XD

It does 44.25% - 52.06%.

HP Flying FTW!

ChestoRestCM, for one. Don't think Drifblim doesn't have bulk.

Have some calcs. All of these are against the standard ChestoRestCM in the analysis.
Jolly Megahorn: 13.5% - 16%(pfft)
Adamant Megahorn: 14.9% - 17.6%(pfft)
Jolly Band/Guts Megahorn: 20.3% - 23.9%(4hko after rocks, 5hko without)
Adamant Band/Guts Megahorn: 22.3% - 26.1%(possible 3hko after rocks, possible 4hko without)
+2 Jolly Megahorn: 27% - 31.8%(3hko after rocks, 4hko without)
+2 Adamant Megahorn: 29.5% - 34.9%(3hko after rocks, possible 3hko without)
Jolly Guts Band Megahorn: 30.4% - 35.8%(possible 2hko after rocks, possible 3hko without)
Adamant Guts Band Megahorn: 33.3% - 39.2%(possible 2hko after rocks, 3hko without)
+2 Guts Jolly Megahorn: 40.5% - 47.7%(2hko after rocks, 3hko without)
+2 Guts Adamant Megahorn: 44.4% - 52.3%(2hko after rocks, possible 2hko without)
----
HPFlying vs. minimum: 120.9% - 143.5%
HPFlying vs.Sub+3Attacks: 119.3% - 141.6%
HPFlying vs. Bulk Up: 103.1% - 122.4%
HPFlying vs. BURestTalk: 73.6% - 86.8%(clean 2hko)

Now, remember, that if it's a 3hko, the blimp can come in, take the next hit, rest up and get an unburden boost, then outspeed and ohko.

Of course, Heracross could always just Stone Edge, but...

Edit: Added Guts Band calcs.

Spiritomb doesn't come close of KOing (hell, Expert Belt Uxie with nearly max SpAtk investment and a Timid nature doesn't). I believe a Bulk Up set will be amazing this metagame, especially with so many people relying on things like Rotom, Uxie and, overall, on the "wear it down" tactic. 95 base SpDef isn't paltry at all.
Obviously I don't mean it to be a counter, but more of a move to use on Spiritomb so it's not complete set up fodder, and to counter other fighters (like Hitmonlee and Toxicroak especially) better (throwing around Will-o-Wisp will be suicide).

I understand how everyone is about heracross spamming only his two STAB moves (which is true at the moment) but we are all forgetting that he utilizes his OTHER free two slots for coverage...IE:stone edge, night slash,sub...and also the fact that ppl are saying that it's not hard to handle as long as you have 3-5 counters for it...that right there is almost backing up the point that is broken..lol again maybe i'm speaking toooooo early but i believe we all are though

EDIT: I meant to say "belief" that it will be broken

Well the thing is that alot of top UU can act as checks. The Ghosts are high. So are arcanine and moltres. Sceptile is as well. Alakazam can revenge. Dugtrio can revenge with a spare moveset holding aerial ace. So there are alot of options that a balanced team would already have.

Well the thing is that alot of top UU can act as checks. The Ghosts are high. So are arcanine and moltres. Sceptile is as well. Alakazam can revenge. Dugtrio can revenge with a spare moveset holding aerial ace. So there are alot of options that a balanced team would already have.
Yes, but unless heracross has already killed something, it can easily smash you on a switch if the player predicts well.

Keep in mind that the precedent has already been set.....as long as Heracross makes stall practically nonviable it is (most likely) going to be deemed BL.

However, I do fear that regardless of how good Heracross is, it won't be given a real shot at UU, similar to Cresselia (again, in my opinion). Everyone started yelling broken right out of the door.

I really hope people realize how good hera is for UU and move him up to BL. I made a couple of months ago an OU team based on hera, it completely raped everyone. Swarm scarfed hera is a beast, its unexpected, powerfull and can easily take out any of its counters who switch in hoping that will outspeed him.
And everyone is saying "Oh theres lots of pokes that can counter hera in UU like drifloon, spiritomb, weezing, rotom..." like your whole team is gonna be based on a hera counter team after his OU drop.

Drifblim as a Heracross counter is very nice.

Too bad Heracross is a little on Edge these days because of the dropping...

Other than that, i'm gonna forget all about Heracross except the Scarf one. Many of those "Moltres, Arcanine Dugtrio bzzz can check it because it's slow" will be long gone when Hera suddenly outspeeds and 2HKO them.
And Hera can play with fire and get burned: it will be soooo powerful for a Scarfer (remember how P-Z with Download boost and Scarf used to be a real nightmare to any team? Well, Hera has even more power! IF it gets statused...).

Hi, I'm Arcanine.

A point of interest I would like to note is that Heracross makes a semi-decent special "wall." With a specially defensive EV spread, it can switch into Venusaur and Sceptile fairly easily (RestTalk + Guts is nice). Plus, defensive Mismagius, Spiritomb, and Rotom can't burn it. Not that this will be its most prominent niche, but it's worthy of consideration.
Specially defense heracross with RestTalk bulk up?

Drifblim as a Heracross counter is very nice.

Too bad Heracross is a little on Edge these days because of the dropping...
Not to mention heracross is faster, so non-banded versions won't really care.

I'm wondering if Masquerain will have any use... Intimidate, 4x Close Combat Resist and 2x Megahorn resist; it's just a matter of keeping Stealth Rock away and avoiding Stone Edge like the plague. Might have to try it out!

I'm wondering if Masquerain will have any use... Intimidate, 4x Close Combat Resist and 2x Megahorn resist; it's just a matter of keeping Stealth Rock away and avoiding Stone Edge like the plague. Might have to try it out!
Even for Thund, people posting shit Pokemon that can't even counter Heracross at all is just ridiculous. At least Golbat has Taunt and Super Fang. Even then he sucks.

I think people don't realize that most Heracross will run Stone Edge. Maybe I should run Choice Hera because people are coming to this blind conclusion that all they'll do is spam Close Combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)