Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brief Update, I FINALLY finished grinding my team for the Kanto Elite 4. This literally took like 9 hours.
-Got through Victory Road without any casualties
-Began EV grinding my team
-Taught Zynx Ice Beam
-FINALLY Finished getting my team to respectable levels
-Entered the E4 and saved in front of Loreli

Chobani the Quiet Venasaur (M)
Level 57
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Strength, Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed
Opinion: The highest levelled member on the team because he is the team leader and my first ever Pokemon. Whether or not he gets any use in the battles ahead is uncertain however, but he will make a good fallback Pokemon if things go sour.

Gotlegs? the Serious Dugtrio (M)
Level 55
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Cut, Rock Slide, Slash, Earthquake
Opinion: Good god, Earthquake suddenly made him a beast. With the strongest STAB attack on the team he is a surprisng powerhouse. But his typing isn't too useful in the Elite 4, so he may not be partaking much either.

Hokus the Hardy Alakazam (M)
Level 54
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Reflect, Recover, Psybeam, Psychic
Opinion: The lowest levelled member of the team because it is gonna get a shitton of training inside the Elite 4. I expect solos of Agatha and Bruno with this guy.

Baloo the Brave Snorlax (M)
Level 56
Ability: Immunity
Moves: Body Slam, Surf, Brick Break, Shadow Ball
Opinion: Was extremely difficult to train, but I expect him to have some use in the Elite 4. If anything, he makes a great fallback Pokemon with his amazing attack, coverage, and bulk.

Samus the Modest Raichu (F)
Level 56
Abiltiy: Static
Moves: Thunderbolt, Strength, Brick Break, Double Team
Opinion: In a way, I have the highest expectations for Samus She is gonna to try and beat Loreli and half of my rivals team. If she can do that she will make up for a game of inactivity.

Zynx the Mild Jynx (F)
Level 56
Ability: Oblivious
Moves: Lovely Kiss, Ice Punch, Ice Beam, Water Pulse
Opinion: Jynx is the other Pokemon that I am expecting huge results from. I want her to solo Lance. The only thing really standing in her way is Gyarados. But with Lovely Kiss I may stand a chance against him.

Everything else is the same as last chapter

And that's that, wish me luck in the battles to come

Beat the Elite 4, onto the post game

-Loreli was a push over, she was easily beaten by Samus' Thunderbolts. Baloo only came in to beat Jynx, but that was a struggle as he is so slow so he was constantly put to sleep.
-Bruno was solo'd by Hokus, was a breeze
-Agatha was the same as above
-Lance shocked me. Znyx took out Gyarados, and then was outsped and KO'd by Aerodactyl. All that work for literally no reward. I sent in Chobani, who ate a Wing Attack and survived with only 50% health. Switched to Baloo, who proceeded to KO with Surf. Dragonite was haxed to death because Hyper Beam kept missing. The two Dragonairs were easy pickings with Body Slam.
-Facing my rival Joe, I only had 5 Pokemon agaisnt his 6. Samus lead and won with a quick Thunderbolt. Chobain easily KO'd Rhydon. Baloo defeated Alakazam with relative ease. Then Eggsecutor came in and all hell broke loose. He outsped Baloo, and constantly put him to sleep, using up my 2 item limit. Soon I was forced to switch in Gotlegs? just to get Baloo out of there, who was KO'd by a Giga Drain. Hokus followed, who easily won with two NVE Psychics. Gyarados came in, and Samus was switched in taking a Dragon Rage, and then KO'd with Thunderbolt. Charizard came in, was almost KO'd by Thunderbolt, and then KO'd Samus with Fire Blast. Hokus was sent out and took the victory.
-I entered the Hall of Fame, watched credits role, and burried my dead friends.

Chobani the Quiet Venasaur (M)
Level 57
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Strength, Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed
Opinion: The LVP of the few living members of my team, he really did nothing in the Pokemon League

Hokus the Hardy Alakazam (M)
Level 56
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Reflect, Recover, Psybeam, Psychic
Opinion: The MVP of my team. He took out the key threats and easily soloe'd foes that stood in my way. Couldnt have won without him

Baloo the Brave Snorlax (M)
Level 56
Ability: Immunity
Moves: Body Slam, Surf, Brick Break, Shadow Ball
Opinion: At times more of a liability than an asset, he was too slow and was constantly put too sleep.

Foster the Serious Pidgey (M); Level 2

Percy the Sassy Primeape (M); Level 30
Rattata the Gentle Rattata (M); Level 3
Worma the Lax Metapod (F); Level 5

Ruffrabble the Docile Fearrow (M); Level 30
Rocker the Mild Geodude (M); Level 8
Mushu the Jolly Ekans (M); Level 6
Only2? the Jolly Weedle (F); Level 7
Ishmael the Gentle Oddish (M); Level 13
HallyBerry the Adamant Meowth (F); Level 10
Hephalumpy the Bold Drowzee (M); Level 15

BabyBoomer the Bold Voltorb (-); Level 14
Bruce the Careful Zubat (M); Level 15
Chance the Serious Growlithe (M); Level 16
Grim the Calm Ghastly (M); Level 18
No Worries the Bold Doduo (M); Level 24
Darius the Lonely Nidoran (M); Level 24
Soucanmew? The Mild Ditto (M); Level 23
??? the Bold Hitmonchan (M); Level 25
Fuckme the Quiet Seaking (F); Level 21
Loophole the Naughty Magikarp (F); Level 5
Bisquick the Careful Horsea (M); Level 15
Mustacha the Naive Venonat (F); Level 24
??? the Mild Tentacool (F); Level 10
Geico the Docile Tangela (F); Level 35
Seelor the Bold Seel (M); Level 31
Maximus the Jolly Machoke (M); Level 38
Dr.Ozzy the Timid Exeggcute (F); Level 35
Marc the Relaxed Lickitung (M); Level 34

ThankJesus the Timid Poliwhirl (F)
Traded for Zynx the Jynx

MLP the Sassy Ponyta (F)
Traded for Seelor the Seel

Headache the Modest Golduck (F)
Traded for Marc the Lickitung

Lapdance the Mild Lapras (F)
Levels 25-27
Final Words: A great Pokemon who instantly pulled her wieght. I wish I could have done better, farewell my friend.

Heretakeit the Relaxed Poliwag (F)
Levels 19-23
Final Words: I really should put a picture of Jynx here, because that is what died, not his unfortunate Pokemon. I never liked her (as evidence by the name), but oh well, good bye.

Layla the Quirky Vaporeon (F)
Levels 25-27
Final Words: The exact same case as Lapdance. She was a Pokemon full of unrealized potential. I am sorry I failed you, take care my dear friend.

Rassberry the Hasty Cloyster (M)
Level 19-40
Final Words: Originally disliked, he grew to be a great member to have in our short time together. He did great against Blaine and was my final check to Lance that I had. I am sorry I failed you, good bye my friend.

Headache the Modest Golduck (F)
Levels 32-34
Final Words: Another disappointing catch that turned into something useful. I really wanted to use her, but that crit took her away. I have to say though, she was the only deceased Pokemon that was of use to me in the after life, allowing me to get Marc the Lickitung. Thank you my friend, and good bye (though really you are with some necrophiliac kid)

Zynx the Mild Jynx (F)
Levels 25-56
Final Words: After all the work, she did virtually nothing. She KO'd a Gyarados, and then died to an Aerodactyl. Thanks for nothing, goodbye.

Gotlegs? the Serious Dugtrio (M)
Levels 19-55
Final Words: I had to sacrifice him to win, it was painful. I am sorry my friend, goodbye.

Samus the Modest Raichu (F)
Levels 26-56
Final Words: She did great in the Elite 4. If only she had *this* much more power she would still be alive. I am sorry for your loss, farewell.

I'm in the last stretch of the game, and I lost 3 Pokemon already. I need to rebuild now, hopefully the Sevii Islands can save me.

Yay update!

-Got to Violet City and went straight to the part of Route 36(?) that you can access. Got a Ledyba named Naidel, and attempted to train it.
-Naidel died, and I remembered that I hadn't gone to Dark Cave yet
-Caught a Teddiursa named Gniarsu, and added it to my team.
-Went to Sprout Tower, ended up with a Rattata named Etacitar. Kept that in my box.
-After destroying Sprout Tower, I went to the Gym, where I assumed Melog would be awesome.
-He was only good for the trainers since he was too slow to hit Falkner's Pokemon.
-Got the Togepi egg and hatched Citegot
-After that, went to Route 32, and got a Bellsprout named Lebeertciv. Replaced Terruf with that since I didn't want two Normal types.
-Finished up Route 32 and Union Cave (caught a Zubat there)

Bob the Cyndaquil
Received at level 5
level 13
-Tackle
-Smokescreen
-Leer
-Ember

Melog the Geodude
Caught at level 3
level 13
-Tackle
-Defense Curl
-Rock Throw

Eerfrettub the Butterfree
Caught at level 4
level 13
-Tackle
-String Shot
-Confusion
-PoisonPowder

Toegdip the Pidgey
Caught at level 5
level 13
-Tackle
-Sand-Attack
-Gust

Gnirasru the Teddiursa
Caught at level 2
level 13
-Scratch
-Leer
-Lick

Taborc the Zubat - level 5(caught at level 5)
Terruf the Sentret - level 11 (caught at level 3)
Etacitar the Rattata - level 4 (caught at level 4)
Citegot the Togepi - level 5 (hatched at level 5)

Naidel the Ledyba - level 4

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I want to rip somebody's head off. My dearest Spinarak (bird troll) was just killed by an unimportant beedril with fury attack. It hit 4 times, but it critted on 3 of them. It took him from just above half HP to zero, but the sad thing was that it was my first catch in the nuzlocke. One of 3 pokemon that were on my team (now 2) that I actually bothered to train up, the others being gnaw the totodile and tail glow the [/S]mareep (recently flaaffy) but just the sheer fact of 3 crits taking down my bird troll is so aggrivating. Seriously, why would it do that? I had to grind him. When he learned night shade he would start hitting KO after KO. But the beedril had literraly 1-3 hit points left, you can't see the bar. 1 more level and he would have survived from KO'ing it that bit earlier. It's my first nuzlocke (it's basically a tester, so I'm not writing any logs for it, about to challenge bugsy. The KO was from one of his damned trainers but I came up straight away while I was still angry at the bliddy hax. F YOU HAX!!! YOU END LIVES!!!

... Azalea town is now by far my most hated town. It has ended my nuzlocke.
Bird troll (Spinarak) dies from some horrible hax.
Tail glow the Flaaffy was taken down by bugsy's scyther.
Gnaw the totodile didn't make it past the Bayleef that my rival hath cast upon it, even with the help of a frail zubat who unfortunately died as well. I'm not going to be able to manage nuzlockes...

Edit: Gee, no one is replying to this thread, huh. Anyway, I just thought I'd post this habit I've got into on nuzlockes (I tried a black one, lost to Cilan) is that I have 3 named PC boxes. One is "spares", which we all have, but then I have 2 others one named "deceased", and the other "memorial"! So deceased is for pokemon that were on your team for only a short amount of time, but unfortunately passed on without doing anything of that much notice. Memorial, however, is for invaluable pokemon that did very noticable things on your team (like put the gym leader's pokemon to sleep enabling you to win if he dies in the battling, or possibly even soloing the gym leader!) or survived on your team for an extremely long time! It's a nice little system that I find cool!

Celever

i am town
Oh wow, this really doesn't get much publicity! Well, sorry about the double post, but I would like to have a reply to my question A.S.A.P please. I'm doing a nuzlocke of white 2, however it's not going very well, I forgot to stock up on potions before my battle with Elesa and my Growlithe (moxie) died; so that leaves me with just a scollipede (megahorn) left alive (he solo'ed her Zebstrika finishing with a crit with 12HP left - he needed the crit, I had no potions) but you need to beat Charles the heart-breaker to progress, but it has to be in a triple/rotation battle (I forgot! :P) and I have only 1 pokemon, megahorn. What do I do? Do I get to revive some pokemon either permanently or just a one-off for the fight or am I allowed to catch some more?

Also do I count hidden grotto's as separate areas? I started by doing that but I just wanted to check.

Oh wow, this really doesn't get much publicity! Well, sorry about the double post, but I would like to have a reply to my question A.S.A.P please. I'm doing a nuzlocke of white 2, however it's not going very well, I forgot to stock up on potions before my battle with Elesa and my Growlithe (moxie) died; so that leaves me with just a scollipede (megahorn) left alive (he solo'ed her Zebstrika finishing with a crit with 12HP left - he needed the crit, I had no potions) but you need to beat Charles the heart-breaker to progress, but it has to be in a triple/rotation battle (I forgot! :P) and I have only 1 pokemon, megahorn. What do I do? Do I get to revive some pokemon either permanently or just a one-off for the fight or am I allowed to catch some more?

Also do I count hidden grotto's as separate areas? I started by doing that but I just wanted to check.

I'm pretty sure you've got a gameover- if you can't carry on. have you caught seen a pokemon on every route? Castellia city has some grass... good luck

Celever

i am town
Oh no... I've never completed a nuzlocke!!!

- WAIT! is the old rod before this, I can go into virbank and aspertia!

Celever

i am town
Edit: Good news! I forgot that I was saving the relic passage for when I get to driftveil, but regardless I went and got a timburr named woodhammer there (no room for space) and was I the only one who didn't know wild yamask were in the desert resort temple? Anyway, some grinding is in progress but I can progress past Charles (provided I win!) :)

Thinking of doing one of these- anyone have any suggestions as to which game?
From personal experience, FireRed/Leaf Green are great Nuzlockes to start off with. Emerald is probably the hardest, especially if you start with Treecko.

But honestly depending on your ruleset and familiarity with that particular game the difficulty can vary incredibly.

HG/SS are pretty good games to do Nuzlockes on as well. Poison doesn't KO your Pokemon, which is awesome and WILL save your challenge. There are a lot of Pokemon that you can catch early on that will be valuable for the entire game (before they're lvl 30 you can have Crobat, Gengar, Umbreon/Espeon). The gym leaders are pretty challenging however, but there are tons of Rocket grunts to level your guys up before you battle them.

Celever

i am town
Azalea is a killer, there's nowhere to train your pokemon but you need to get them above 17 which is a giant level leap.

Celever

i am town
Well, personally I've never completed a nuzlocke, but I'm actually about to take on Drayden in white 2, which is further in the game than I've ever got before. So, if you want to do an easy nuzlocke I'd say black 2 or white 2, if you want a challenge then Soul silver and start with a chikorita! :P

I will start an Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke. Ill update it at a regular basis.
I hope I get luck !!! (When I just looked at the game , I find Deoxys in route 102, Regice in Petalburg Forest.Cool!!! One would say... But Deoxys is impossible to catch, and Regice only move is Explosion, So he is dangerous)
It may be cheating, but I give myself one Master Ball, so I have one sure catch.

First update up soon !!!

I have finished my Black Nuzlocke with only one mon left alive (on my main team of course). PHEW. Chapter 7 is now up, and are in my Scramble Compendium, under completed.

I arrived to Littleroot Town early this morning. I've heard that there is a Pokemon Professor that lives nearby, so i want to his house, met his daughter and want on an Adventure !!! Wait, I don't have any Pokemon ... I still go up into route 101 and I saw Prof Birch Attacked by a wild Zigzagoon !!! I look in his bag and consider the three Pokeball Kakuna, Staryu, Bagon. Kakuna I choose you NOT as I pickup Bagon. After I messed this Zigzagoon day up, Birch thanks Me, and gives me Goon the Bagon
After some quick grinding , i go to make my first rival battle.FIGHT

We return to The lab, and Birch entrust me of a Pokedex , May congratulate me by giving me 5 Pokeballs NUZLOCKE HAS NOW STARTED, I MAY ONLY CATCH THE FIRST POKEMON OF EACH ROUTE .

Route 101 : Corphish!!! I've caught Fishy the Corphish!!!
Route 103 : Sunkern. Well, that's a let down.
Route 102 : Salamence... It is way to strong for me , I have to run away:( Wally ''teaches'' me how to catch a Pokemon.
Route 104 : Gardevoir? It teleported away...
Petalburg Woods : Igglybuff. It is terribly annoying, it can't attack... Caught Squishy the Igglybuff
Grind Squishy so that she learned Pound
There are F****** Jirachi in Petalburg Woods
Squishy Pounded the Team Aqua Grunt Poochyena
Route 105 : Mankey. Meh. Caught Jack the Mankey Who will be Boxed

Pokemon:
Goon the Bagon
Lonely Nature
-Rage
-Bite
-Leer
I had not a very good starter choices, but it was the best of the three. I do not regret my choice.

Squishy the Igglybuff
Timid Nature
-Sing
-Charm
-Defense Curl
-Pound
I had no real expectations for Squishy, but i see now that she has a shitload of HP and she can fight relatively well plus she can make people asllep. MVP

Fishy the Corphish
Relaxed Nature
-Bubble
-Harden
-ViceGrip
Kind of useless, it will have some action Vs Roxanne .

Boxed
Jack the Mankey

Arrived at Rustboro
Picked Up the Super Potion In Route 115
Route 116 : Vulpix. Bof. Caught Flare the Vulpix, Then boxed her
Wild Weezing haz Selfdestruct, THATS NOT GOOD
Trained Everyone to get ready for Roxanne
Lets Callange Roxanne!!!
Beated her two Geodude easily
Nosepass his WAY to bulky
Also, she got a lot of Potions(2)
Received my Badge and the TM Humbly
Followed the two Running mans
Went on the quest to get the same guy the same thing as last time
Met the weird man cherching for his Wingull
Rusturf Tunnel : Shelgon. I saw all of my Starter Evolution Family!!! Yay !!! Wait Wut? Caught QB the Shelgon, then boxed him.
Destroyed the Team Aqua Grunt, Again.
Found the weird man Wingull
Gave Back the Devons Goods
Got the PokeNav
Receive the package and the letter
Beated Up May
Got into the weird man boat
Arrived in Dewford Town
Dewford Town : Fished Lickitung, Wut? Caught Thing the Lickitung
Route 107 : Fished Tapped the Hitmontop
Route 106 : Fished Bdozer the Nidoking
Granite Cave : Caught Shazam the Alakazam
Shazam is dead F*** It will be hard for the Gym
Killed By a Golduck
Apparently you cant use Teleport while in a cave
Flygon gives a ton of Exp.
Was scared by a Stantler crit against Tapped
Handed Over the Letter to Steven
Obtained Steel Wing !!!
Grinded Enough to take on Brawly !!!
Brawly Asked for a Brawl!!!
No problem with the first two Pokemon, Makuita gave a little more difficulty and made me learn that a Nuzlocke could be realy Stressing .
Traveled to Slateport City

Pokemon:

Goon the Bagon (M)
Level 19, Met at Level 5
Lonely Nature
-Rage
-Bite
-Leer
-Headbutt
Headbutt has been a realy good additio to his Movepool

Fishy the Corphish(F)
Level 18, Met at Level 2
Relaxed Nature
-Bubble
-Harden
-ViceGrip
-Leer
Got some awesome action against Roxanne, still a little bit underwhelming.

Squishy the Igglybuff(F)
Timid Nature
Level 18, Met at Level 5
-Sing
-Sweet Kiss
-Defense Curl
-Pound
Great for the hax, but, she needs to evolve quickly.

Tapped the Hitmontop(M)
Sassy Nature
Level 18, Met at Level 8
-Revenge
-Rolling Kick
-Focus Energy
-Pursuit
He is so GREAT... Couldn't have beat Brawly without him.

Boxed
QB the Shelgon
Jack the Mankey
Bdozer the Nidoking
Flare the Vulpix
Thing the Lickitung

Death :
Shazam the Alakazam
he would have been so great against Brawly :(

I arrived to Littleroot Town early this morning. I've heard that there is a Pokemon Professor that lives nearby, so i want to his house, met his daughter and want on an Adventure !!! Wait, I don't have any Pokemon ... I still go up into route 101 and I saw Prof Birch Attacked by a wild Zigzagoon !!! I look in his bag and consider the three Pokeball Kakuna, Staryu, Bagon. Kakuna I choose you NOT as I pickup Bagon. After I messed this Zigzagoon day up, Birch thanks Me, and gives me Goon the Bagon
After some quick grinding , i go to make my first rival battle.FIGHT

We return to The lab, and Birch entrust me of a Pokedex , May congratulate me by giving me 5 Pokeballs NUZLOCKE HAS NOW STARTED I MAY ONLY CATCH THE FIRST POKEMON OF EACH ROUTE . Route 101 : Corphish!!! I've caught Fishy the Corphish!!!
Route 103 : Sunkern. Well, that's a let down.
Route 102 : Salamence... It is way to strong for me , I have to run away:( Wally ''teaches'' me how to catch a Pokemon.
Route 104 : Gardevoir? It teleported away...
Petalburg Woods : Igglybuff. It is terribly annoying, it can't attack... Caught Squishy the Igglybuff
Grind Squishy so that she learned Pound
There are F****** Jirachi in Petalburg Woods
Squishy Pounded the Team Aqua Grunt Poochyena
Route 105 : Mankey. Meh. Caught Jack the Mankey Who will be Boxed

Goon the Bagon
Lonely Nature
-Rage
-Bite
-Leer
I had not a very good starter choices, but it was the best of the three. I do not regret my choice.

Squishy the Igglybuff
Timid Nature
-Sing
-Charm
-Defense Curl
-Pound
I had no real expectations for Squishy, but i see now that she has a shitload of HP and she can fight relatively well plus she can make people asllep. MVP

Fishy the Corphish
Relaxed Nature
-Bubble
-Harden
-ViceGrip
Kind of useless, it will have some action Vs Roxanne .
Boxed
Jack the Mankey

Faulty hide tag is faulty.

Update # 1 "And she was lying in the grass"

mmm, a SoulSilver Nuzlocke run. what could go wrong my friends?

Well I decided to embark on a journey... Perilous though it seemed I was determined to do whatever it took to become the champion!!!
So after much deliberation I decided that this would be me!!!

Silver!!! and I was ready to embark on a challenge.

I knew there were pretty simple rules. If one of my pokemon fainted, it would be dead forever, released and immortalized through it's sacrifice in combat. I cannot, will not fail. I woke up on any given monday in New Bark town and set out on a life changing experience

Episode 1

Well, upon recommendation from a beautiful friend I was told to pick Chikorita the grass type...
But come on!! that seemed foolish as my extensive knowledge of all things pokemon told me that the first gym was flying type and thus strong against the grass type. So. I chose "Blazer" (Yes that's a "Dodgeball" reference) the Cyndaquil.

Introducing.....

Blazer (Cyndaquil) @Blaze Docile Nature

And he was such a bossin early game starter. I had him level 9 by the time I went after my rival. Of course we made easy work of our foe and vanquished the red headed step child.

Blazer and I quested throughout the land and after successfully killing every pokemon and trainer we met on routes 29 + 30 respectively- we ventured into the dark cave, where we promtly were attacked by....

BruceWayne (Zubat) @Inner Focus Relaxed Nature

Oh Bruce... such aggravation. With only 1 area left before arriving at the Violet city gym I needed to catch something. So a level 2 zubat would have to suffice. Bruce actually has some pretty decent typing for this juncture of the game. He carries a type advantage against all the Bellsprout in sprout tower and leech life might provide me with some advantage early on. He wasn't quite the Geodude I was hoping for, but another team member is better than trying to solo gym leaders.

The team journeyed on into sprout tower when we ran into....

PV=nRT the Gastly!!! @Levitate, Naive Nature

Boy was I glad I happened to be playing at night. Pretty exciting stuff for a newbie trainer setting out into Johto. With the correct degree of training this pokemon could be a power house for me!! I mean, I'm a big fan of Gengar and maybe just maybe, this nuzlocke could be on it's way to having one on the team!!

I fought some bitter battles (especially at the top of sprout tower and the team grew in strength and unity! A strong core was developing and the first gym badge was in sight. Sprout tower had been good to the team, we added PV and Blazer managed to ding 14 and evolve into a brand new Quilava!!!

We battled Elder Lee and emerged victorious!
And thus we ventured off towards our first true foe- "Falkner"

The team so far:

Blazer lvl 16
-Ember
-Tackle
-Quick Attack
-Smokescreen

BruceWayne lvl 10
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Astonish

PV=nRT lvl 8
-Hypnosis
-Lick
-Spite
-Mean Look

End of Episode 1

Off to the violet city gym it was. Falkner was atop his perch heavily guarded by a couple of Bird Keepers. After making short work of the pair it was time for a quick heal and then off back to the gym to challenge the first leader.

vs.

Well, needless to say Blazer was overlevelled and Falkner was a joke- but I did pick up a nifty Roost tm which may come into handy later in the game. Can zubat learn roost? Turns out they can - so BruceWayne was suddenly equipped with some nice recovery. Hopefully I'll be able to use that move for a long time to come. I picked up the ??? egg from the Aide in violet and yeah- I wonder what it could be...

Anyway, it was off south towards Azalea town and the first pokemon ran into on route 32 was.....

Sun Tzu the Bellsprout!!
I threw Sun Tzu into the box as an insurance policy just incase I wipe (that and I think Bellsprout is useless)

After some trouble with some poliwags on the route I managed to safely make it to the pokemon centre.
Things were
Oh?

Introducing ...

Cuteypie the Togepi

aka Boxed.... just kidding it can learn Rock Smash!!!

Let's go to Union cave...

The team so far:

Blazer lvl 17
-Ember
-Tackle
-Quick Attack
-Smokescreen

BruceWayne lvl 12
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Bite
-Roost

PV=nRT lvl 12
-Hypnosis
-Lick
-Curse
-Mean Look

CuteyPie lvl 6
-Extrasensory
-Rock Smash
-Metronome
-Charm

End of Episode 2

Celever

i am town
SOooooo I went out to a restaurant lately and ordered a pokemon red nuzlocke!!!

Unfortunately the restaurant was terrible and mixed up my order! And you can't get anymore different from the first pokemon game to the last! So, white 2 nuzlocke, here we go!!!

(The japanese boxart looks SOOO much better!!!

Anyway. Episodes will be in both this post and their own individual posts, and they won't be on a particular schedule. I mean, it'll be lucky if I manage 2 updates from mon-fri so I'll need to try and rack up as many posts as I can at the weekend. Sometimes I end up in loads of random places at the weekend though so... you know... Oh, and I'm not going to bother writing u huge massive things, but so that I don't lose any work I do do (and I don't wanjt to do it on word or whatever this time, too much effort) I will be saving my posts in this comment but with a W.I.P nest to them, for instance: Episode 23: (W.I.P) But, anyway.... here we go!

Prologue:
Gee, I don't know what I was thinking, but... well... I chose the girl. Before this I played as the boy every single time, so I wanted a change, but the second it went onto the name screen and I couldn't think of a single girly name other than legs (no, I do not watch/look at that, I'm a fan of Mariland's and on his heargold wedlocke he named his character legs) so I just used the name I use for my boys, Altaver! Which, by the way, is a meld of my 2 favourite pokemon Altaria and Snover so... my character: a girl named Altaver has been born, and about 16 (come on, have you seen those breasts!?) years passed when she got her first pokemon... so... let's go!!!

Episode 1 (Start to Floccessy ranch,) (W.I.P)
So, for some reason I picked the girl, and I immediately realized the mistake when this putrid pink colour filled up the touch-screen. The C-gear should be there at the start, as long as I don't have putrid pink!!! Anyway, I woke up in my excuse-of-a-room and just heard my Mum come in (I'm british, we have U's in words like colour and flavour and call our mother mum, not mom. Live with it.) asking if I want a pokemon. Sheesh. Of course not Mum, I want to live in only 1 city for my whole life in a one-room bungalo where half of the room is my bed room. So obviously I answered no, however, the stubborn lady she is, she asked again. So I just answered yes to everything else, sort of absent-mindedly, next thing I knew, I was getting kicked out of the my house. Man, touchy! Anyway, my best friend, Hugh, (I couldn't even come up with a girly name, never mind a name for Hugh. I got Qwifishhair, but it doesn't fit! :P) and he knew I was looking for a girl with a big green hat. I didn't even know that! Oh well, he seemed to be against going to the idea of going into the trainer school OR pokemon centre (I'm british, it's spelled right). Actually, he didn't want me to go in any building, which led me out of town and to find the ditzy bimbo up above Aspertia, looking at a view which doesn't actually look very good. She asked me if I wanted a pokemon, just for lulz I answered no and she took a step back, in horror, and thought that she misheard me. Oh god. One of them. Anyway, I said no again and there was the same response - word for word. I started getting frustrated. I said N-O spells NO. Same response. NOT Y-E-S - Bianca went "Great! Take you're pick of these three!" Wait wha- OOOOOOOH cute. I'll have an Oshawott and name it Aqua jet. You see, I like nicknaming my pokemon with either moves or abilities that the pokemon can't learn - to my dodgy memory of course. Either that, or just if I look at the pokemon and think "This move is a perfect fit" like when I named my Joltik BugBite! Anyway, Aqua jet the Oshawott is in the house! So, my rival, Hugh, burst in and decided to get a pokedex and a battle with me. First turn his snivy critted me. IT CRITTED ME!!! It then leered and tackled, but then leered for the rest of the battle. Pretty weak, huh.

out of curiosity, what do people think about trading pokemon to evolve them in a nuzlocke? I'm currently in the middle of a Platinum version one...and I can't decide if I should be allowed to trade the machoke and onix I have to my SS cartridge and back in order to evolve them. what do you guys usually do in this case?

Celever

i am town
Well, mariland considers it cheating.

THat is all I know on the matter! :P

Sorry guys, writing about my nuzlockes just takes too much effort.. So I'll just do it without writing if that's ok with you guys?

out of curiosity, what do people think about trading pokemon to evolve them in a nuzlocke? I'm currently in the middle of a Platinum version one...and I can't decide if I should be allowed to trade the machoke and onix I have to my SS cartridge and back in order to evolve them. what do you guys usually do in this case?
I don't consider it cheating; the trading rule isn't to prevent you from evolving stuff, it's to prevent you from trading in Pokemon that have better matchups and thereby subverting one of the core rules of a Nuzlocke (Only being able to use the first Pokemon you catch on a route). But it's up to you really, no one on here is going to judge you either way.

Try to not abuse that though, evolving them to the final forms early can break a good part of the game (level 20 Alakazam, for example).

I suggest you to wait until they reach a level that would make sense for evolution (such as 34-40) before doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)