Official "I want to edit an analysis" thread (read first post)

For Metagross EVs, I believe more def should be added if using a non-agiligross one.

EDIT: I also believe Rest-Sleep Talk Milotic is an option. Abuses Marvel Scale quite well.

IDK if this has been said or what and if it has can an Admin delete this post.

I don't think there is a MS for RBY Gyarados or GSC Gyarados.

Forretress shouldn't have Explosion in the main set IMO because it's not the best idea to explode your spinner =\ Rock Slide should be in other options, and possibly HP Bug to hit Celebi.

Roar IMO, should be on GSC and RSE Venasaur as it's defences can make it a great PHazer. Especially in GSC were it can be used in conjunction with Curse to suprise teams.

posting to agree with moomoonerd. A while back, i worked with Forry and did a damage calculation, if u give him 230 physical attack minimum, then even if Celebi has 328 def. and 404 HP, will guarantee a 2HKO! ^_^ STAB and 4x super effectiveness are just too much for the little bugger :lol:

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Flygon's EVs said:
For the special sweeping set, make him Modest, Mild or Rash, but I'd go with Modest. Put everything you don't put in Speed in Special Attack, with a little leftover for Attack. Do the same for the Sunnybeaming set
Flygon does not have a sunnybeaming set

Also a few more countering stuff:
-Celebi makes a great non-CB Zapdos counter. HP Ice only does ~38% damage to it, and it can easily CM up in Zappy's face, and of course, if Zapdos has HP Grass, then Cele busts up Zappy without fear.

-Articuno is a fantastic Celebi and Non-Rock Slide Swampert counter. With an incredible Sp.Def, this will eat Swampert and Celebi out of PPs (If Celebi has Calm Mind, you can roar it away)

-Ariados is a great non HP Rock Breloom counter. 4x Resist to Fighting, immune to Spore, and has a Sludge Bomb to work with.

-I don't quite get how Deoxys-L is a Kyogre counter. I mean, if you switch into a CM, then deoxys-LOL gets 2hko'ed by Surf, while the most Deoxys-lol can do is Night Shade/Toxic/Thunder Wave/Knock off (and seeing how there are a number of 101 Sub Kyogres)

Thunderbolt Starmie should be listed as a Milotic counter, since it can actually take Hypnosis/Toxic, adn its attacks won´t be doing much, while Starmie can 2HKO

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tentacruel should be added to the counters list of Milotic, Suicune (especially Ice Beam), non-HP Electric Vaporeon, non-Psychic/Thunderbolt Starmie, and most any other non-Gyarados water I may have forgotten. It has tons of special defense, and can Swords Dance up in their face as they're helpless to stop you.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Delta said:
Thunderbolt Starmie should be listed as a Milotic counter, since it can actually take Hypnosis/Toxic, adn its attacks won´t be doing much, while Starmie can 2HKO
By NetBattle's calculator, a max SA Timid Starmie's Thunderbolt does 43% damage at max to a Milotic with 384 HP/ 297Sp.def

i think its time to say know that psychic should be listed as one of the other options for moves on gengar. (:D)

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
Alright, me and giga (with a bit of cloud's help) finally got most of the missing GSC analyses uploaded.

There are still a few missing. So far I've found Raichu, Jynx, and Raticate, if any of you guys want to help, you could help me and look if there are any other missing ones so I know which ones people need to do :D

Well, I was kind of bored so I went through the GSC dex.

The only other missing one is Ditto, unless I accidentally skipped one.

I'm not sure if it goes in here or the Pokedex bugs thread, but Raichu has Reversal and Surf, an illegal Egg combination. =(

Noobster said:
There are still a few missing. So far I've found Raichu, Jynx, and Raticate, if any of you guys want to help, you could help me and look if there are any other missing ones so I know which ones people need to do :D
Pikachu isn't there, and unless someone's already written him up I'd be glad to do him.

I'd also like to re-write Magneton, and Raikou if nobody else.

Incidentally, it seems like the shiny Crystal sprites aren't transparent.

Wing Attack needs to be an Option on GSC Charizard.

Edit: Arbok can learn Haze so it should be an option. GSC btw. Sure it doesn't Haze very well, but then again nothing much in UU really (P)Hazes good.

Edit2: Moltres can Wing Attack and gets STAB on it off a base 100 Atk stat so IMO it deserves mention. GSC again.

Edit3: On Victreebell Encore deserves mention to screw over Cursers and give you free Swords Dance(s). Guess which gen. Oh and it can learn Growth and it comes off a nice Base 100 SAtk.

Cursepert needs to have Hydro Pump as an option on the moveslot that has Surf/Ice Beam/Rock Slide.

Dugtrio should be listed as a Heracross counter. It can switch in after the initial kill then finish off Hera with Aerial Ace.

Moltres is listed as a Metagross counter. Why not Charizard? They have the same typing and Meta can hardly harm Zard without using Explosion. Magneton can also be listed as a Metagross counter. If predicted right, like switch on Meteor Mash, and if Metagross has already been dented a bit, Maggy can KO gross.

SpaceFlare said:
Dugtrio should be listed as a Heracross counter. It can switch in after the initial kill then finish off Hera with Aerial Ace.
actually the defination of a counter is briefly being able to switch into the majority of the pokemon's moves without taking too much damage, since dugtrio cant really switch in heracross it cannot be considered a counter

If that is the case, Duggy should not be listed on Breloom's counters.

I agree that that is the definition of a counter; I'm just pointing that out. Besides, even though Duggy isn't a true Breloom counter it is something that Brelooms and Heracrosses should look out for.

havoc

pottlepalooza
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just want to fix my GSC Slowbro analysis. I put too many options in one set.

Slowbro
@ Leftovers
~Thunder Wave
~Surf
~Rest
~Psychic
>>>This is just a basic Slowbro set. Slowbro is arguably the best Thunder Waver in the game with the low Speed and high Defense. Surf and Psychic are both STABed and do nicely from a 298 Special Attack. Psychic also makes Slowbro a pretty decent answer to Tentacruel. When you are low on health, Rest up; Slowbro can easily survive the Rest.

Alternate Move Options: Slowbro has a bunch of them. He learns other good attacks like Fire Blast, Ice Beam, and even Dynamicpunch for Blissey and Snorlax. Zap Cannon is also cool for dealing loads of damage to other Water types (Starmie in particular) while still being able to paralyze the opponent. With his high HP and Defense, Counter is another viable option; Slowbro can take a lot of hard hits, even with a Curse or two. And if you're a hardcore staller, Growl can be a pain for Cursers.

Something else that is really cool.

The fact that Vaporeon and EEvolutions can learn wish is quite cool: here is what i mean.

Wish takes 2 turn which mean you have to stall for some time for it to kick in. Hence why the use of protect. Strangely, due to my statistical analysis I found that base stats tell alot about the performance of Wish-using pokemon. for rxample let's say the average stat is 80. so anything in HP, Sp.DEF/DEF that exceeds 80 is tacked on to the overall defense. So something like this....

Vaporeon has 130 HP that means +50 Potential Def points. so if you use this formula: stat-4.7888(100/level)/Delta S - Stat/pers)

you will find that Wish will make you live up to 50/130 or 38 % more. I thought this is cool but this configuration is does not work for the other 5 stats. I have to develop some integrals. I find this quite interesting. I'll :D have more on this tomorrow. thank you.:)

m800_runner said:
so anything in HP, Sp.DEF/DEF that exceeds 80 is tacked on to the overall defense.
That's an interesting statistic, but I think the whole thing about living longer... isn't it just common sense? I might have missed something, but to me it's rather obvious that by healing yourself you live longer.

Got some OK movesets.

Tangela (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Amnesia
- Growth
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed

This Tangela is a staller. Leech seed anything you can. Amnesia to raise your pitiful SP.Def. Growth to raise your HP's power. I recommend HP Ice over HP Fire. Timid Will raise your pitiful speed.

Minun (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Minus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Light Screen
- Protect/Attract/
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave/Toxic

This is a staller Minun XD. Thunder wave/Toxic to start off. Light screen to keep Sp.Attackers from doing as much damage. Protect just because Or you could attract for more annoyance or you could mud-slap to make someone mad at you. And seismic Toss because you need an attacking move. I've beat some thing with this but it won't work a lot of the times.

Cacturne (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Destiny Bond
- Endure
- Needle Arm
- Thunderpunch

This is a great cactunrne. Salac Berry insures you go first. Timid + max speed helps. Pretty much you endure. Then you destiny bond. Needle arm is cacturne's best grass move and Thunderpunch Setting up skarmorys or skarmory's that switch in. No one ever expects this.

Rayquaza @ Leftovers
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 148 SAtk / 28 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Extremespeed
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt/Fire Blast/Crunch

This is a great set as it still takes out most Deoxys-Fs and does about 60% to the the most realistic Groudon. The Ev spread takes to 2 CBQuaza ESpeeds and 2 HP Ices from Modest Exeggutor IIRC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)