Official "I want to edit an analysis" thread (read first post)

Here is my slightly insane CBclops:

Dusclops (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch
- Frustration/Pain Split
- Shadow Ball

Looks absolutely terrible on paper, but I've been using this on my team for absolutely ages and it is amazing in practice. Switch it in on an attack it can take, the opponent stays in thinking it can take it (they assume it is the standard), and then proceed to 1/2HKO with a super effective move. Pain Split is for a 'switch in - heal - switch out', and Frustration is if you are unsure what to predict. Works like a charm on Blissey too, because they usually remain in to Thunder Wave, and then you kill them with Focus Punch.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
- Under Articuno's counters section, Regice should be listed, since Starrmie is there, so why not Regice?
- In the Uber Metagame Article, under Heracross in Tier 4, it shouldn't really say "don't use Reversal", because even if is resisted by many, does Megahorn care about that (besides the accuracy)
- In the Belly Drum Article, under Linoone it says that Liechi Berry is an option over Salac. My question is, how will Liechi activate if Linoone has already maxed out its attack?

Quaza-A said:
- In the Uber Metagame Article, under Heracross in Tier 4, it shouldn't really say "don't use Reversal", because even if is resisted by many, does Megahorn care about that (besides the accuracy)
Well most Ubers are flying or psychic, megahorn SEs one and is NVE against another, Reversal however does NVE to both

When you go to the spikes page to see who learns it, deoxys-E is not listed and it does learn spikes.

For that matter there seem to be a number of moves not listed when i compare in NB, but perhaps those are server mod moves.?

Jibaku

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
ShinySandslash said:
Well most Ubers are flying or psychic, megahorn SEs one and is NVE against another, Reversal however does NVE to both
Yeah, but Megahorn has more power
120+STAB+Swarm=270
Flail=200
Reversal, however, gives you the upper hand on Groudon (it still won't OHKO, but you'll do more), and Kyogre

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
That mixed rayquaza really needs enough speed to outrun max speed jolly groudon as it can't afford to be ouran.

Swords dance/Rock slide/Megahorn/Endure, i see no problem with that and yes reversal isnt really doing much in ubers.

Gardevoir (F) @ Leftovers
EVs/Nature: Lots of SD/HP, some Spd, maybe a bit of SA
- Imprison
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

This beats almost anything that likes to use Calm Mind save Celebi. It completely walls Jirachi and Raikou.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Delta said:
Heracross can´t afford Swords dance because it needs rock slide to kill Rayquazza and Ho-oh
Flail is 200 base power, Rock Slide is 150 SE. The main advantage of Rock Slide over Flail is to hit ES Rayquaza switch ins, and Shedinja.

Just to add a counter for Flygon, I'd like to nominate Porygon2 for Tracing Levitate and nullifying Earthquake + Ice Beaming Flygon.

Thanks for considering.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I havent read all of the suggestions in this topic but for Kyogre:

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf / Water Spout / Hydro Pump

Using this on my current team and it rapes.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lugia @ Leftovers ** the lugiNADER
EVs: 252 HP / 106 Def / 152 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Whirlwind
- Roar/Toxic/Aeroblast/Ice Beam/Psycho Boost

Only use with spikes from Deoxys-L, Forretress, Skarmory, etc. Roar is to give a 2/3 chance of phazing, Aeroblast for some powerful STAB, Psycho Boost to do lots of damage in one hit to Groudon and others, Ice Beam for great uber coverage, toxic to stop leftovers.

A fun part of this set is that Sleep Talked Whirlwind can go before the enemy if you're faster. So, as long as you're not too unlucky, you can phaze Blisseys before they heal, slow Groudon/Kyogre before they attack, etc. You could also raise your speed to 307 or more to always go before Kyogre and Groudon.

Mewtwo @ Leftovers / Lum Berry ** World War II
EVs: 208 Atk / 96 Spd / 204 SAtk
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Fire Blast / Ice Beam / Recover
- Focus Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder / Recover

A variation of the subpuncher set. Hits nearly everything except Rayquaza if you don't have Ice Beam or Metagross without Fire Blast. Focus Punch for predicting Blissey/Lax switches, Thunder 2HKOs non-CM'd Kyogre, with those EVs it 2HKOs Lati@s with Shadow Ball. Ice Beam for Rayquaza, Fire Blast has the burn chance. Both hit Groudon well, take your pick. Lum Berry can catch Blissey status while you try to Focus Punch it.

Fucking awesome.

Obligatory CB set for Jirachi =/

Jirachi @ Choice Band
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 156 Spd / 100 SAtk
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Body Slam
- Hidden Power [Steel]
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt/Psychic

Well, Steelix now walls it to death, but it can surprise some pokes. HP Steel for STAB, Body Slam for a sexy 60% chance of paralysis, and Shadow Ball for Dusclops, I guess(HP Steel ohko'd Gengar last time i used it). When your opponent catches on, Skarmory can still eat a Thunderbolt. Or Psychic will still mess up Weezing.

Use it for sheer surprise, I guess.

Why isn't there a CB Absol set?

Absol @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Sp. Atk)
EVs: 252 Atk/Spd, 6 HP
Pressure
-HP Fighting
-Double-Edge/Return
-Shadow Ball
-Rock Slide

Absol gains pseudo-STAB with Choice Band, and with that huge Attack stat he's not something you want to fool around with. Heck, even in-game with the variable IVs I've seen it eat opponents for breakfast, lunch, dinner, brunch, and a midnight snack.

Alternately you can give it a Hasty Nature and replace Rock Slide with Fire Blast, reduce the speed to around 260 stat and even decrease the Attack a slight bit if you wanted to, and give it to Special Attack. Adamant or Lonely is also optional if you wanted to run an attack rivaling Machamp's.

After trying this on Netbattle, this set is definitely a keeper. I'm just surprised that you guys didn't add this on sooner. ._.

obi

formerly david stone
On the CM Deoxys-L set, it should be Psychic that is a secondary option. It is most definately not a requirement, Thunderbolt+Ice Beam is far better than Psychic+either one of them. The only way I'd consider it is if it was my only attack (Toxic in the last slot), but even then, I'd run Ice Beam to take on physical attackers as CM protects me from special attackers. Toxic would help for Kyogre and such, Flamethrower would be an option for Metagross if paired with Groudon, Thunder over Thunderbolt with Kyogre (maybe, Thunderbolt is still nice if you want to stay in after a Groudon comes out). So the final set would be:

- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam/Psychic
- Thunderbolt/Toxic/Thunder/Flamethrower

Only use Psychic with Toxic.

Toxic, Spikes, Knock Off, Recover Deoxys-L is good, but only with WW Lugia/Roar Latias, I'd say, to get rid of subs and such, as well as a Metagross counter (Ho-oh, Skarmory, Groudon, and Kyogre are decent, even Lanturn+Flier/Levitator works in a pinch for CB versions). So basically, just add Knock Off as another option in the last set, first slot.

244 speed is vastly superior to 240 speed on the Taunting Deoxys, as it outpaces Jolly Tyranitar to the Taunt. However, Agility is an option over Taunt. "Agility?" you say. "WTF mate?" The only things Deoxys-L will be taunting are Blissey, and other Deoxys-L, along with the occassional slow Groudon/Kyogre. Taunt can also against Safeguard Lati@s, if you time it right, but if you do that, you have to eat potentially two hits before you toxic, whereas Agility lets you only take one (so if you're at about half health, and try and Taunt, they could Dragon Claw, then attack again right after their Safeguard wears off, killing you, whereas Agility ensures you get an 85% chance of crippling them before dying. Agility also keeps 101 HP subbers from being able to switch in and surprising you, as well keeping them from coming in after you kill something. However, everyone forgets about the Agility, so they send them in, anyway, so in the end, they often end up with 25% less health and Toxic.

Dustox (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Light Screen
- Moonlight
- Sludge Bomb
- Whirlwind

Light Screen + Moonlight can shut up any Sunny Beamer that doesn't pack Sleep Powder (and even then Sleep Powder is easy to predict around). Whirlwind is actually useful. It ensures that Plusle/Minun and similar pokemon (Mawile) don't get too far with Substitute passing. Sludge Bomb hurts most non-Steel pokemon worth knowing and even so, it's not like Dustox can really deal damage with its awesome 50 attack stat.

It walls nearly every bulky water in NU (Wailord, Pelipper, Dewgong, etc) and beats most special sweepers without too much of an issue. Granted, NU is very big into CBers but that 4x resist to Fighting makes taking random Sky Uppercuts a lot easier. Beats Corsola too, which is very good.

Jibaku

OK, hopefully I was able to help on the uber Metagame Article.
Lugia
The definiton of a tank. This thing never dies. Ever. Seriously, even with Mewtwo's Thunderbolts/Kyogre's Thunder appearing in almost every corner, a base 106/154 SDef monster is still a pain to destroy. CM/Ice Beam/Recover/Whirlwind or Substitute with Pressure is the standard tank set, but this thing does not need to be a tank to be a successful player. It has a signature move, Aeroblast, which happens to be the best flying attack there is. This move, when combined with CB, can OHKO a lot of stuff that does not resist it if it CHs, and considering that Aeroblast has a high CH rate. Lugia is best paired up with Deoxys-L.

Mewtwo
This thing is seriously such a monster. It has an extremely wide movepool and broken stats to abuse them. Mewtwo can attack both physically and specially (the former is very unexpected), and Recover with its nice defenses. It gets the monstrous Taunt, as well as 101 Subs to beat down Blissey. Snatch is also a deadly move that it learns. Oh, and lets not forget Calm Mind and Bulk Up. Calm Mind + Base 154 special attack puts a dent into a lot of things.
Mewtwo is most dangerous in these 2 times: When its first sent out, because of its movepool, and in the lategame where it can sweep everything in its way.

Deoxys-L
Another uber tank, yet with a much worse HP compared to Lugia, but boosted defenses. It gets a wide range of moves to abuse, and Knock Off is one of them, letting it destroy Lati@s soul dews and stuff. Some other nice moves it gets are Spikes, Toxic, Taunt and yes Recover. Best paired with Lugia for a double protection. It also can sweep with CM if you want it to.

havoc

pottlepalooza
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok I HATE when multiple options are listed on one moveset, so I'm going to be making an ongoing list for GSC stuff, starting with Omastar. In this case I'm putting all new commentary since whoever wrote it cited something wrong.

set 1:
@ Leftovers
~Surf
~Reflect
~Haze
~Rest
>>>This is a very basic Hazing Omastar and is good for a lot of Cursers, even some who run Earthquake. Get in there, Reflect, and Haze, leaving their hopes of setting up broken. If you can attack, a Surf coming from that Special Attack (the highest of any Water-type in the game!) will be nothing to shrug off. If you're going to use Omastar in standard play, this is probably the set you want; he can be an excellent defensive force.

set 2:
@ Leftovers
~Hydro Pump
~Ice Beam
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
>>>With a few key resistances (Fire, Normal for example), Omastar's durability makes it great for an underused Sleep Talker. Hydro Pump is going to hurt pretty bad, and so will Ice Beam when it hits Grass types. Set credited to Locke.

Alternate Options: Toxic is also an option for special sponges and other Waters to make sure they don't leave the encounter unscathed.

Also, there is no article for GSC Pikachu--iirc BH made an article combining the two, so I will write an article on Pikachu right now.

stats mentioned

Set 1:
@ Light Ball
~Thunder
~Surf
~Sing
~Hidden Power (Fire)
>>>Pikachu, you say? Well, it was made useful with the addition of Light Ball, which doubles Pikachu's Special Attack. A cool guy by the name of JMC used Pikachu to major effect, and this is the set he used. You're going to want to start with this guy--that way, he is already in without getting hurt. He also makes a good Spiker counterer--Thunder will kill Cloyster and Qwilfish (Pikachu is faster than both as well), and Forretress will eat Hidden Power Fire. If it's a Ground type, nail it with Surf for monster damage, and Grass types will promptly get caught on Hidden Power. If a special wall comes in to try and stop you, Sing will make sure that they don't hurt you.

Alternate Options: I guess you could use Thunderbolt if you wanted to, but to be honest, if you're using Pikachu, you're obviously a big gambler, and the 37.5 extra base power with that astronomical Special Attack is worth the chance of a miss. Don't even bother thinking about Encore or whatever, as it's illegal with Surf.

Opinion: Well, Pikachu with the addition of Light Ball is certainly a crazy idea to think about. If you like taking big risks with potentially big payoffs via underused pokemon, I daresay Pikachu is certainly fathomable. If you can save it from being hit, Pikachu is a monster in underused and can be a viable threat in standard play late in the game when the special sponges are out or on the verge of it (this is helped by Sing). Keep in mind that you have to be awesome at predicting to even use Pikachu well. It's fun, but it's a challenge too.

Counters: Blissey, Snorlax, Celebi, Raikou, Ampharos. Pikachu is 2HKOed by almost any standard attack and is useless after it gets statused. It's tough to stop if it gets rolling, but keep in mind it is very fragile.

havoc

pottlepalooza
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Another multiple option bunch that I don't like: GSC (naturally) Smeargle, and I'd like to edit the Alternate Options. Also, I used to think Sleep trapping was kinda cheap but now I really don't. The second set should probably be:

@ Leftovers
~Spider Web
~Spore
~Baton Pass
~Recover

This is another, probably better trapping set, but due to the fact that most people want to ban sleep trapping, most people would frown on this set. The idea is pretty simple, Spider Web, Spore, Recover any damage lost, and then Baton Pass to the appropriate counter. Watch out for fast Sleep Talkers like Zapdos and Raikou. who might spoil your fun.

Alternate Options: On the sleep trapping set, you can try to pass certain stat-boosters like Swords Dance, Belly Drum, and Agility which could make sweeping with certain things (Marowak, Snorlax, Tyranitar) a breeze. Another interesting and fun option to consider would be Super Fang, especially on the trapping sets. Automatically reducing HP by half certainly will put a dent in anything, forcing it to Rest or switch or Recover, giving you a free turn to Spider Web. The ability to take away 50% off of ANYTHING in the game is highly highly valuable.

Jibaku

Encore should be noted as a disadvantage of last pokemon. An Alakazam with Encore will beat Snorlax if it switches in on Curse, since it will be forced to Curse. Once the Encore ends, Zam's fast enough to start it again while CMing up against others. This can also prevent them from resting off the damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)