Official MLB 2012 Season Thread

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i think cabrera deserves MVP. Just look at the stats.

• 1st in AL in BA (.330)
• 1st in AL in HR (44)
• 1st in AL in RBI (139)
• 2nd in AL in R (109)
• 1st in AL in SLG (.606)
• 1st in AL in OPS (.999)
These stats (except runs kinda) only take hitting into account. Mike Trout is leagues ahead of Cabrera in fielding and defense, and isn't that far behind in hitting. I'm guessing you're not a sabermetrics type of guy, but I heard stats that Trout saved 30 runs defensively while Cabrera was about a 0, and Mike Trout scored an additional 10 runs just because of his baserunning.

Also O's da best :D

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
.....my team has no heart this game, aside from Yu Darvish. If I see Hamilton K or GIDP In < 3 pitches again I'll break something.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
These stats (except runs kinda) only take hitting into account. Mike Trout is leagues ahead of Cabrera in fielding and defense, and isn't that far behind in hitting. I'm guessing you're not a sabermetrics type of guy, but I heard stats that Trout saved 30 runs defensively while Cabrera was about a 0, and Mike Trout scored an additional 10 runs just because of his baserunning.
yeah trout is better than cabrera in those ways. I guess it just boils down to what the people who pick the mvp want (i dont even know how its done)

Orioles have a lead in the 8th

game over

.....my team has no heart this game, aside from Yu Darvish. If I see Hamilton K or GIDP In < 3 pitches again I'll break something.
so what did you break?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
@ Byrne: my remote

The first pitch was clearly a ball and they called a strike, so Hamilton thinks "fuck that, I can't be patient, SWING AT EVERYTHING". I hope that fucktard ends up in pinstripes, good fucking riddance.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
The first pitch was clearly a ball and they called a strike, so Hamilton thinks "fuck that, I can't be patient, SWING AT EVERYTHING". I hope that fucktard ends up in pinstripes, good fucking riddance.
Why am I ok with this, I'm really ok with this

@ Byrne: my remote

He really is fucking pathetic. Has he ever walked? EVER?!

Stallion

Tree Young
Take him, he's all yours. This strike zone shits me, it's been called so inconsistently.....and it shits me more that despite that, we still deserve to lose this game. No question about it, the O's have been better

@ Byrne, unless it was an intentional walk, I don't remember the last time.

I give you guys the honor of picking what single factor I overly focus on to blame this loss on. Help let me pretend the Rangers really won this game please!!

I think he's just immature as hell and wants to hit a home run every single at-bat rather than do what's best for his team.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Maybe the relapse in the offseason is catching up with him?

EDIT -
Can we get a support group going for the losers of these games?
The Atlanta Braves fans are all for this group!

I blame Bud Selig and his silly 1-game playoff system.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The Rangers-Orioles situation is exactly the same as it would've been in the old system.

Also I'll take Hamilton for my team gladly, you sound like the same people that whined about A-Rod in the mid 2000s.

ALL RIGHT

2010 - fuck tim linoleum
2011 - fuck ron washington
2012 - fuck bud selig

I got my affairs in order

totally ready to make 2012 fuck ron washington too though

Stallion

Tree Young
I blame Bud Selig and his silly 1-game playoff system.

Unless something freakish happens, I'll be needing that support system too :(

@ zorbees - he's not even close to Arod....he hasn't fucking walked more then a couple of times at max for a month. Do you know how hard that is? He's either scorching hot or ridiculously terrible, and will likely want a fat contract.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
5-1 bottom on the 9th, Beltre, Cruz(Single), Young, Napoli(Walk), Profar(Single), Murphy coming up

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Last Play: D. Murphy flied out to left

TrollFreak: GG Texas, and now we take it to our pissed off Rangers Fan Stallion for the postgame interview

I tried to make a deal with god or the devil for a grand slam there (not even the win!) and it did not work. Sorry guys.

Stallion

Tree Young
Loaded bases, weak pop up.....sounds about right. Fuck baseball

Changes for the offseason:

1. No Young
2. No Hamilton, replace him with Justin Upton. Hell over the last month I'd probably have a higher OBP then Hamilton just by not swinging lol.
3. Fire Wash, he let his young players rot on the bench far too often when we were slumping and played a player with a negative WAR as a fucking everyday player.
4. Don't get injured. Everyone faces injuries but we lost last years closer and our postseason ace, that hurts.
5. Can we please launch Young into the sun? I felt that it had to be said twice. Profar, Gentry, Murphy and Moreland amongst others should have gotten more AB's if it wasn't for this black hole.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Loaded bases, weak pop up.....sounds about right. Fuck baseball

Changes for the offseason:

1. No Young
2. No Hamilton, replace him with Justin Upton. Hell over the last month I'd probably have a Hirt OBP then Hamilton just by not swinging lol.
3. Fire Wash, he let his young players rot on the bench far too often when we were slumping and played a player with a negative WAR as a fucking everyday player.
4. Don't get injured. Everyone faces injuries but we lost last years closer and our postseason ace, that hurts.
5. Can we please launch Young into the sun? I felt that it had to be said twice. Profar, Gentry, Murphy and Moreland amongst others should have gotten more AB's if it wasn't for this black hole.
TrollFreak: Thanks for your analysis Stallion, now back to TBS Studios for MLB GameDay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)