Official NBA 2010-11 Season Thread

I don't quite understand the Mike Brown hate; he should do a solid at worst job for the Lakers. He is one of the best defensive coaches in the league and his offense really isn't bad like its claimed to be. According to an ESPN analyst, the 09-10 Cavs had a higher Offensive efficiency mark than the 09-10 Lakers. And we all know which team had more talent. People just like to blame stuff in Cleveland on him. While I might have given the nod to Rick Adelmen for the job, Mike Brown is a respectable choice and I don't see why this decision is being met with such criticism.

You might not understand because you forgot to ever watch the Cavaliers in the playoffs. Mike Brown is overmatched on an Erik Spolestra level. That does not stop efficiency or teams having technically good offenses or defenses (whichever they are supposed to be bad at). It just stops them from having a positive coaching impact.

Brown refuses to make necessary adjustments, he just plays his rotations regardless of the situation. Not a very good postseason coach.

Otherwise, he's fine. He's a great defensive coach and an average or better offensive coach, just doesn't adjust well.

So they were swayed to hire a bad postseason coach because he gave a good interview? This was a New York Knicks level decision.
Not at all, after thinking about it Im really not mad at all with this hiring... The Lakers lacked discipline, what does Mike Brown specialize in? Defense... What do you need to play defense? Discipline... Yeh, if he defers the offense to his assistants and takes over the defense, I cant see why this team cant be competing again

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
None of us are in a position to argue who the most clutch player in the NBA is anymore, Dirk is head and shoulders above anyone else and it isn't even close.

Lakers, you think MIKE BROWN can keep a team of egos more disciplined than Phil Jackson? Good luck with that.
Isnt this the same Mike Brown that led a team to 66 wins and 61 wins with what people called a horrible team? Yeh, he underachieved in the playoffs with probably one of the worst offensive systems ever that was based completely around one player, but do you seriously think LA would hire him if he didnt have any shot of controlling their egos? Theres a reason this is one of the most successful franchises in the NBA, theyre not dumb

Lebron won 61+ games last year when there were TWELVE teams who finished with 50+ wins, including every Western playoff team and only the top four Eastern playoff teams. It was a year with the worst disparity I can remember in the standings between top and bottom. The Eastern Conference was also weak in the 66 win year, with only three 50+ win teams and another all 48+ win year for the Western playoff teams (and 46 for Phoenix who missed). There was also a lot of disparity as usual (9-15 in the West 29- wins, and bad teams #5-15 in the East but not as terrible as #9-15 all the way down to #14, surprisingly). While I admit Mike Brown might have some defensive impact, he is not a good decision maker and the Lakers are headed home every playoffs unless they get bailed out by yet another star being added to the team.

darkie I predicted Mavs in 5 Bulls in 5...looks like I just got the team wrong in the East ._.

Dirk's 130/140 FT playoff march currently edging out Larry Bird's best postseason (101/109) by tiny percentages. Gooooooooo Dirk! I wonder what the best of all time > 100 is, and if this is it I would be even more excited than I already am.

Now watch as Dallas chokes up in the finals again XD

Seriously though, I think the Heat are more than capable of downing them, though we'll see, I mean Dirk is but one superstar with a better supporting cast against 3 superstars and...well, people on the bench?

Anyone got stats for how well the Mavs defend without fouling whether in the regular season or the playoffs so far? I think that's a huge key for the finals.

The Mavericks have played to the pace of every other team in the playoffs and beaten them. Wade and Lebron and Bosh are basically the entire team (unless Haslem keeps playing like this, and ignoring lucky contributions like Miller the other day because "who cares", we will get our own contributions like that at least 5 / 7 games), and while they certainly are a hell of a team, none of them can shoot a fucking three, making them pretty easy to game plan against. This series is a fucking tossup, but with the way Dirk has played and the way the playoffs have gone for a Mavericks team who "logic defies", I really feel senselessly optimistic for us. Mavericks in 6.

The Heat have clearly meshed as a team more than I expected or gave them credit for, so maybe the regular season results do not mean so much. The Mavericks shot better (5%), shot better on FT (12%, 10 less attempts over two games), had more rebounds, and had more assists. With Dirk playing an ungodly 50+/50+/~93, it is not like you can expect any Mavericks fan to be down on our chances. Dirk does not have to play even more out of his mind, if he keeps playing this well we might win the finals running away on just his merits because we would shoot so much better than the Heat.

We need to keep Deshawn Stevenson from shooting more than once a fucking game though. I am ready to leave dog shit on his doorstep at this point.

I'd be careful in saying "Dirk has been hot in the playoffs" logic. We have seen plenty of teams (and players) go cold through a good defense. Look at Howard in 2009 for example.

And by the way, the Heat are able to win with just those big three alone if they play good enough defense. I have seen this happen in the past two series where the majority of their wins only have three guys in double figures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)