Official NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

What's the odds that Chandler barely manages 60 games for the Knicks though?

So, Paul to the Clips is the hot topic right now. Boston's pretty much out of it now that they've signed Jeff Green and can't trade him for 6 months, so looks like he's the Clips to lose.the names that crop up the most on the Clippers side seem to be Aminu, Kaman, Bledsoe, and Gordon. Hornets also want the 2012 first rounder the Clips got from the Wolves.

If you ask me Kaman is guarenteed to be in any deal they offer, unless they somehow don't resign DeAndre Jordan, then they'd probably make sure they have a replacement lined up before dealing Kaman. Bledsoe also sounds like a good shout to be in the deal as Paul's replacement. Hornets reportedly demanding Eric Gordon, although I'd be surprised if they're willing to include him.

I'm honestly glad the deal isn't gonna happen for Chris Paul. Still really sad about Odom, though, I love the guy.

I don't see the Clips dealing Gordon, since he's only gonna keep getting better. If it wasn't for those injuries he sustained last season, he would've been on a roll.

Carter is certainly "okay" as a bench guy, but I hope they don't seriously think clearing Fernandez means that he's......

....... starting.

Repeat after me. Vince Carter is not a starter.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol stern playing hardball

Personally Aminu/Gordon/Kaman/Minny #1 is enough for Paul, though they'd be overpaying since they can sign him outright next year. I'm not sure it's enough without Gordon in the deal, but it's close.

Carter is certainly "okay" as a bench guy, but I hope they don't seriously think clearing Fernandez means that he's......

....... starting.

Repeat after me. Vince Carter is not a starter.
Whoever starts at SG for the Mavs is only a starter in name, and even so, I think Carter will be rejuvenated this year playing next to Kidd, Dirk, and with Cuban and his cryo chambers of revitalization. Marion was "done" after his stint in Toronto only to reinvent his game when coming to Dallas, same with Chandler in Charlotte.

The thing is with Carter, in Orlando and Phoenix, he was supposed to carry the load of being a number 2 scorer (next to Dwight and Nash). In Dallas, he won't have that burden / we don't need him to do that, meaning that if he ever reverts to his ball-stopping ways, RC can just pull him for Terry, Beaubois, even Jones, who I think will have a pretty decent defensive role this year. Whether Carter starts or not is irrelevant to the outlook of the team because of how small his role will be. Dirk and Terry are still the 1-2 on offense. 3rd would probably be Odom, then Marion, Carter, Beaubois, Kidd, Haywood. (and that's a contending top 8)

Looks like the Clippers are pulling out of the CP3 trade too...must be that scary knowing any deal could be vetoed by jerks.

Carter is not okay as a bench guy. He is an over the hill player who no longer has any "game". The guy should just retire and save us all the trouble.

This Chris Paul shit is so unfair to the teams who cannot close off a deal...then spurned players are going to be upset over nothing. Eric Gordon and Chris Kaman (and extras) for one year of Chris Paul is not enough? Really????

clips pull out of cp3 deal and grab chauncey billups; look awesome this year:

Billups / Bledsoe
Gordon / Foye
Butler / Aminu
Griffin / Gomes
Kaman / Jordan

definitely playoff, possibly even as good as 4 seed?

mavs sign delonte west to shore up back up pg, hmmm

I sure hope the Clippers are ready for potential drama, as I think Billups was quite serious about not wanting to be claimed, and after reading his story I would agree in general with him as he does seem to just be tossed around as an after thought for the most part and gets jerked around teams with lack of any freedom to choose a team he wants as a free agent.

On another note, even though he won't win against Putin, it would be interesting to see the President of Russia own the Nets lol.

While the thought of the Clippers with Billups makes my giblets wobble, I feel bad for the guy. I really like Billups, and I hope he doesn't retire due to this.

Whoever starts at SG for the Mavs is only a starter in name, and even so, I think Carter will be rejuvenated this year playing next to Kidd, Dirk, and with Cuban and his cryo chambers of revitalization. Marion was "done" after his stint in Toronto only to reinvent his game when coming to Dallas, same with Chandler in Charlotte.

The thing is with Carter, in Orlando and Phoenix, he was supposed to carry the load of being a number 2 scorer (next to Dwight and Nash). In Dallas, he won't have that burden / we don't need him to do that, meaning that if he ever reverts to his ball-stopping ways, RC can just pull him for Terry, Beaubois, even Jones, who I think will have a pretty decent defensive role this year. Whether Carter starts or not is irrelevant to the outlook of the team because of how small his role will be. Dirk and Terry are still the 1-2 on offense. 3rd would probably be Odom, then Marion, Carter, Beaubois, Kidd, Haywood. (and that's a contending top 8)
The only reason I say this is a concern is mostly due to defensive reasons; not offensive ones.

Vince Carter is bar none the worst defensive shooting guard ever thought possible. Delonte West and Jason Terry are truly point guards. As of right now on December 13th, 2011, Delonte West is your best guard defender. If you come in against Miami again, there's going to be some serious problems due to their strong wings. I expect this to be a common theme with the Mavs throughout the season similar to how it was two years ago against the Spurs; but West fixes some of your point guard defending problems at least (especially since Chandler is no longer there to save their asses), but as far as guarding a perimeter guy taller than a point guard, that's going to be tough.

Reading your post, I agreed initially, but after reading the whole thing, I disagree, the mavs will be good against bigger perimeter guys, it's the small, quick, crafty guys like chris paul or westbrook (theoretically...) that will kill us (if west isnt out there). kidd can DEFINITELY handle bigger wings like kobe, wade, durant, lebron. I don't know if you were watching but kidd guarded both durant and lebron for stretches and came out on top. while losing stevenson hurts our perimeter D, the mavs have been grooming dominique jones and/or brewer to take over that role and carter should be more effective than usual if he plays less minutes and is fresh whenever he's in the game.

i expect the mavs perimeter d to have little to no change in effectiveness this year. though stevenson was an important part of guarding threats at the 2, there are capable replacements for that role from within; replacing the lack-of-d from barea with a capable defender in west is something that will actually improve our pg defense.

my bobkitties gon go achieve that 1st overall pick next year

and the mavs corey brewer + rudy fernandez trade was silly imo. sure you dump a lot of salary to put you in next year's free agency, but in all honesty dwill will resign and cp3 + howard will resign with the team that trades for them. the mavs are old and brewer + fernandez are good niche players so i dont get it

im hearing Lakers are still in for Paul, and leaning towards him over howard, as long as they find a 3rd team to provide some nice young players along with Gasol. Stern still prefers deal with the clips though.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, well, fucking well.

Now THAT's a fucking package.

Chris Paul

for:

Eric Gordon
Chris Kaman (expiring contract who is actually a good center)
Aminu
1st round unprotected pick that will likely be top 10 if not top 5
2 second round picks

THIS, people, is the kind of package you should get for a superstar. This, people, is how you get pieces for a legitimate rebuild. Not fucking Lamar Odom that got traded for a TPE and a 2017 1st round pick.

wtf that deal is retarded. Clippers would have had a legit chance to sign him in free agency and who's to say Paul wont try it next year anyway. Gordan was developing into a top SG and a likely top 5 pick in a deep draft next year.

Fucking Magic too Howard off the trading block. -__-;

I honestly don't know how we deal with the retarded organization we have. I love Dwight Howard and I love the Magic. I would love for him to stay, but he isn't going to. He told them some things he would like to see done to help him out on the court but they haven't done shit. They knew about this. He said, "well alright then" and now he wants to be traded. Don't keep him there against his will (albeit far less dramatic than that sounds). Let him go somewhere else and get players for him instead of letting him go for free.

Also yeah CP3 to the Clippers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)