Official Smogon University Gen VI Simulator Statistics — October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
latios will be OU when all is said and done, 130/110 special offense is absurd and it has good bulk, come on now
Alakazam has 135/120 special offense and fell into BL in gen 2 thanks to Dark type. It also had one of THE BEST movepools that gen.
Anything can happen

Alakazam would probably still be UU or BL if it wasn't for magic gaurd lol. Magic Guard focus sash or LO made it shine. It's shitty defenses are what held it back, something the Lati do not struggle with.

Also just realised how amazing greninja truly is. With a LO it hits like a truck, fuck spikes set, full offense is #1

I am surprised that no one is using AncientPower on Heatran though. It still cannot KO (with Stealth Rock) Talonflame without some SpAtk EVs, but it is the best attack it has to deal with it. The 10% chance for a stat boost is a nice lagniappe though.

The prevalence of Talonflame seems to be enough to justify its usage.

Alakazam would probably still be UU or BL if it wasn't for magic gaurd lol. Magic Guard focus sash or LO made it shine. It's shitty defenses are what held it back, something the Lati do not struggle with.

Also just realised how amazing greninja truly is. With a LO it hits like a truck, fuck spikes set, full offense is #1
Alakazam was actually BL2 before Magic Guard. However, I don't think Latios could possibly fall to UU/BL. It's just so fast, has good special bulk, and hits like an absolute truck with its insane Draco Meteor. While Psychic is a horrid defensive typing, it at least gives it STAB Psyshock to work with and it still has great coverage options with over 70 power AND accuracy (imagine that, Alakazam!), like Surf and especially BoltBeam to deal with Togekiss and Azumarill. However, Haxorus is a whole different story, along with a couple of the other low OU dragons. I can honestly see XY BL having at least three dragons in it.

Alakazam was actually BL2 before Magic Guard. However, I don't think Latios could possibly fall to UU/BL. It's just so fast, has good special bulk, and hits like an absolute truck with its insane Draco Meteor. While Psychic is a horrid defensive typing, it at least gives it STAB Psyshock to work with and it still has great coverage options with over 70 power AND accuracy (imagine that, Alakazam!), like Surf and especially BoltBeam to deal with Togekiss and Azumarill. However, Haxorus is a whole different story, along with a couple of the other low OU dragons. I can honestly see XY BL having at least three dragons in it.
What? That was my point, he was BL before he had magic guard. I just played a few games with Lati, subbing him out for my LO greninja, he performed well against, but not as well as he used to IMO. I found my self forced out a lot more thanks to the newer threats. This is at 2400+ btw However he isn't going to be UU at all.

Haxorus is for sure going down to BL. It's DD set may not be so great in OU thanks to its speed tier but in UU a DD Hax could potential sweep a team at +1. Iremember when PO dropped it to UU, lasted a week and was banned lol

Edit - if Latios sticks around I doubt people will run specs/scarf anymore and with those gone ebelt potentially goes as well failing to have a niche since more people will expect it. LO +3 attacks with roost seems to be the way to go.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You mean BL2, right? BL is UU's banlist while BL2 is RU's banlist. Alakazam got banned from RU, but not UU. It didn't even make it up to UU before the next tiering shift bumped it to OU.

What gen are you talking about? Gen 4 and 5 he was UU he was OU for most of gen 5 though. But he was UU at some point.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alakazam was UU in DPP. It started in BW as RU, then was suspected and banned to BL2 before moving straight to OU in January 2012.

It's to soon to tell but I think Choice items might drop for lati@s. Fairies can jump into a choiced draco meteor to easily and set up in their face. Nobody wants to think about letting a belly drum Azumarill set up so easily. O_O

I really wonder how Rain is gonna fair this gen though. I always hated weather in gen 5 but even for 6 days worth of a tier list, Politoed is pretty low down there at 55 which is kinda sad really. Sun is pretty abyssmal with Ninetails not even in the OU spectrum though I noticed the 1% of sun usage doesn't account for Charizard Y which got drought too. Hail has always been lolz so it being used so little doesn't surprise me at all really. Makes me kinda wish it was the only weather that was still permanent. Sand seems to be the only thing that survived the nerf and that's only because Tyranitar is freaking awesome. Once again, I know this is just 6 days worth a ban list but even so, it gives a telling message of just how bad the weather nerf really was.

I am surprised that no one is using AncientPower on Heatran though. It still cannot KO (with Stealth Rock) Talonflame without some SpAtk EVs, but it is the best attack it has to deal with it. The 10% chance for a stat boost is a nice lagniappe though.

The prevalence of Talonflame seems to be enough to justify its usage.
Talonflame can´t touch Heatran anyways so why would you waste a moveslot with an attack that only has the purpose to hit a pokemon Heatran doesn´t struggle with?

Talonflame can´t touch Heatran anyways so why would you waste a moveslot with an attack that only has the purpose to hit a pokemon Heatran doesn´t struggle with?
It could Toxic stall it, but AncientPower seems to be an option if Tran is using Wisp as its status move instead of Toxic. Tran has few attacks as its common attacks (Fire attacks, Earth Power, Flash Cannon, HP Electric, HP Grass ) fail to do significant damage.

Your opponent could switch out if it hits Heatran, but it seems that a Talonflame with Roost (watch out for Earth Power) Swords Dance would eventually prevail if Heatran lacks without Toxic. (I might be wrong, but Tran could be worn out.)

Brave bird and Acrobatics are 2HKO vs Heatran at +2 so i was wrong in my statement but really if you need Ancientpower to counter Talonflame then you shouldn´t rely on Heatran to counter it.

Surprised at the lack of Manectric. Mega Manectric has blazing speed, a superb SpA stat, a good ability and decent coverage. It can check Greninja, Talonflame, Aegislash, Scizor, Garchomp, Dragonite, Azumarill, Klefki, Noivern and many more. Keep sleeping on him. :]

Trying to make a productive post here:
Only ~15% of Talonflame are using Will-o-wisp right now, and yet that move completely screws over its 4 most common switchins. I expect more people to start using that once it becomes more apparent.

SJCrew

I am surprised that no one is using AncientPower on Heatran though. It still cannot KO (with Stealth Rock) Talonflame without some SpAtk EVs, but it is the best attack it has to deal with it.
You sure about either of those statements?

0 Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (custom): 348-412 (117.17 - 138.72%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def (custom): 348-412 (96.66 - 114.44%) -- 81.25% chance to OHKO

0 SpA Heatran AncientPower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD (custom): 292-348 (98.31 - 117.17%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Heatran AncientPower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD (custom): 292-348 (81.11 - 96.66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Considering speed tiers being what they are now (warped beyond all reason), Heatran will probably start running bulky offensive now, making the above calcs all but irrelevant; it can and should be killing any Talonflame it comes across.

You sure about either of those statements?

0 Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (custom): 348-412 (117.17 - 138.72%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def (custom): 348-412 (96.66 - 114.44%) -- 81.25% chance to OHKO

0 SpA Heatran AncientPower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD (custom): 292-348 (98.31 - 117.17%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Heatran AncientPower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD (custom): 292-348 (81.11 - 96.66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Considering speed tiers being what they are now (warped beyond all reason), Heatran will probably start running bulky offensive now, making the above calcs all but irrelevant; it can and should be killing any Talonflame it comes across.
I meant to say without Stealth Rock (obviously saying with Rocks would be preposterously wrong), but using the Honkcalculator and using 112 HP on Talonflame (the suggested spread on this forum to outspeed max speed base 100s to hit with Flare Blitz) does not score a guaranteed KO on Talonflame without some SpAtk Evs.

Thanks for correcting me with Stone Edge, I just immediately thought about AncientPower because it is a special attack (and it is more reliable though); Stone Edge's high base power makes it more powerful than AncientPower despite Heatran's 90 Atk vs 130 SpAtk.

Still, Rotom-W and Landorus-T are better checks/counters

Trying to make a productive post here:
Only ~15% of Talonflame are using Will-o-wisp right now, and yet that move completely screws over its 4 most common switchins. I expect more people to start using that once it becomes more apparent.
Wow is very good but it has ti take a moveslot. What are you willing o drop? Priority roost? Priority brave bird? Great coverage in flare blitz? Or sd which boosts talonflames mediocre attack?
granted the one move it COULD spare is flare blitz since flying hits all but rock steel and electric types neutrally which 2/3 are screwed over by wow. But i think rotom-h is a better position thanks to better bulk and less weaknesses imo as a wow spreader..

SJCrew

(obviously saying with Rocks would be preposterously wrong)
Which is why we're not talking about that, but rather that 'non-guaranteed KO' you were alluding to.

0 SpA Heatran AncientPower vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite (custom): 292-348 (89.84 - 107.07%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

^ Still not a good position for Talonflame, and we are talking about the weakest possible Heatran. Any feasible investment will kill, making Heatran a hard counter.

All I can say is tiering is definitely going to be a mess. BL will either be absolutely massive or incredibly tiny, and UU will be a very very interesting tier. I could see UU being the tier where drizzle, drought, and hail are popular. OU is the tier of ridiculous priority attacks, so down in UU speed will be more useful, and swiftswim could be great. Gen 6 is probably the most exciting competitive environment I've ever seen in pokemon.

rotom-w is the most common switch in to talonflame usually since it can volt switch right out or predictably WoW whatever comes in and obviously resists both STABs. WoW does not cripple rotom-w at all.

Which is why we're not talking about that, but rather that 'non-guaranteed KO' you were alluding to.

0 SpA Heatran AncientPower vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite (custom): 292-348 (89.84 - 107.07%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

^ Still not a good position for Talonflame, and we are talking about the weakest possible Heatran. Any feasible investment will kill, making Heatran a hard counter.
Heatran still needs a rock type move to counter Talonflame so my question is it is worth sacrificing a moveslot to kill Talonflame?

Again Talonflame wins vs Heatran 1v1 so unless Talonflame is weakened or Heatran carries a rock type move Heatran will lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)