Official Smogon University Gen VI Simulator Statistics — October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, seeing Aegislash at #1 is something I actually expected, and I assume that it'll still be really high in the stats in future months. If there's one new Pokemon that I've always thought would have a shot at being the next "King of OU," it's Aegislash. Even with Steel's Dark and Ghost resistances removed, Ghost/Steel is still a great typing. Sometimes it seems like Aegislash has a 720 BST since it always attacks with 150/150 offenses, always switches in with 150/150 defenses, and smart playing with King's Shield will ensure that it continues to take hits with that same bulk. Swords Dance and Autotomize are both great boosting moves for it, the mixed set is really cool and pretty hard to switch into, and bulkier sets with King's Shield make great bulky pivots. It's probably my favorite XY Pokemon to use right now besides maybe Talonflame.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
So, few thoughts on sets, checks & counters (Pokebank):

Aegislash: Uses the standard SD set way too much. Right now bulky ground types are the way to go when trying to get Aegislash out of the way, therefor an Autotomize sweeper set w/ Hp Ice works really really well, as Gliscor and Landorus(-T) are weak to it and an LO-boosted Shadow Ball/Flash Cannon takes care of pretty much anything that isn't 4x weak to it.

Greninja: Surprisingly enough, only ~15% uses Greninja for hazard purposes (although Defog might be a thing to blame). I'm not seeing too much coherence, most people use him as an all-out attacker I guess. Checks & counters is littered with specially bulky normals & fairies and Greninja can't do shit vs them but U-Turn the hell out I guess (Flying Gem Acrobatics still hits pretty hard vs them tho) so there's plenty of counters. Greninja really doesn't seem like a huge issue, all you gotta know is what moves he's running.

Talonflame: Some things that I need to get out of the way: CB is bad, Acrobatics > Brave Bird, Flying Gem >>> nothing, Adamant > Jolly, Swords Dance > Bulk Up, why the fuck would you use Flame Charge or Aerial Ace, Talonflame generally doesn't have the momentum to Roost off SR damage, Tailwind is a safer choice as it allows something else to sweep if Talonflame happens to be walled.
As for checks/counters: The lack of Heatran on that list disturbs me, even if it doesn't have the moves to kill Talonflame right off the bat, he can still use Roar/Toxic and Talonflame needs multiple boosts before it can take on Heatran reliably. Most rock types can counter Talonflame, and with the amount of usage Ttar is getting people tend to have an answer vs Talonflame (which is why it's much better late-game, once Ttar is removed).

Gengar: Hardy:0/0/0/0/0/0 0.842%
???
Other than that, not much to say. Kinda sucks for him that both Aegislash and Talonflame happen to be really good when it comes to revenging him.

Garchomp: Garchompite 35.940%
Honestly surprising, I was kinda underwhelmed by megachomp. Might be just me though. But on that topic:
Fire Fang 37.485%
Fire Blast 10.533%
Sooo if ~36% of all chomps are mega and only ~10% of all chomps use Fire Blast, that means that most megachomps are utterly wasting a mega slot. Megachomp's significantly higher SpA is one of its main boons, and most people just ignore it? I mean, I know these stats should be taken with a grain of salt and shit, but seriously people?

Lucario: Lucarionite 78.289%
Luke's mega gets really significant use, and there's a damn good reason why: it can do so much more than regular Luke will ever be able to do. Better attacking power thanks to Adapatability, MUCH better speed (outspeeding base 110's like it's nothing) and special/mixed sets are viable now! I see basically no reason to even use regular Luke over this guy unless you desperately want a Luke on your team but already have a Mega on your team.
Also, Aegislash seems to be the main counter, probably because many Lukes mindlessly go for Crunch as Aegislash uses King's Shield, but he seems pretty easy to play around tbh.

well that's it for now

Last edited by a moderator:
Gengar: Hardy:0/0/0/0/0/0 0.842%
???
Hardy, no EVs is the default if you don't set anything. 1% of players forgetting to set EVs and nature on Gengar actually seems reasonable. And failing to notice because it's kicking ass anyway? Seems highly possible.

I deleted the last part of your post. It was irrelevant, off-topic and has already been addressed.

termi

Hardy, no EVs is the default if you don't set anything. 1% of players forgetting to set EVs and nature on Gengar actually seems reasonable. And failing to notice because it's kicking ass anyway? Seems highly possible.
Really? Serious is default nature for me, dunno how that works.
I deleted the last part of your post. It was irrelevant, off-topic and has already been addressed.
how dare you

Talonflame: Some things that I need to get out of the way: CB is bad, Acrobatics > Brave Bird, Flying Gem >>> nothing, Adamant > Jolly, Swords Dance > Bulk Up, why the fuck would you use Flame Charge or Aerial Ace, Talonflame generally doesn't have the momentum to Roost off SR damage, Tailwind is a safer choice as it allows something else to sweep if Talonflame happens to be walled.
As for checks/counters: The lack of Heatran on that list disturbs me, even if it doesn't have the moves to kill Talonflame right off the bat, he can still use Roar/Toxic and Talonflame needs multiple boosts before it can take on Heatran reliably. Most rock types can counter Talonflame, and with the amount of usage Ttar is getting people tend to have an answer vs Talonflame (which is why it's much better late-game, once Ttar is removed).
Flying gem shouldn't be allowed in regular OU or Pokebank OU. It's not in the new games, you can't move items through the Pokebank. Until it becomes available, it should be an obsolete item.

I'm curious as to what sort of Rotom-W sets people are running
Try the moveset statistics.

+----------------------------------------+
| Rotom-Wash |
| Raw count: 33751 |
| Avg. weight: 0.745707599485 |
| Abilities |
| Levitate 100.000% |
| Items |
| Leftovers 46.463% |
| Choice Scarf 25.004% |
| Chesto Berry 14.436% |
| Choice Specs 7.590% |
| Assault Vest 1.851% |
| Other 4.656% |
| Spreads |
| Calm:252/0/0/4/252/0 19.476% |
| Timid:0/0/0/252/4/252 15.761% |
| Modest:252/0/0/252/4/0 9.357% |
| Modest:232/0/0/56/0/220 7.479% |
| Timid:4/0/0/252/0/252 3.910% |
| Bold:252/0/252/4/0/0 3.731% |
| Other 40.286% |
| Moves |
| Hydro Pump 98.717% |
| Volt Switch 87.390% |
| Will-O-Wisp 70.052% |
| Thunderbolt 31.462% |
| Trick 27.436% |
| Hidden Power Ice 18.704% |
| Rest 18.069% |
| Discharge 8.244% |
| Thunder Wave 6.221% |
| Substitute 6.053% |
| Shadow Ball 5.712% |
| Hidden Power Fire 3.571% |
| Other 18.368% |
| Teammates |
| Scizor +5.021% |
| Excadrill +2.814% |
| Mamoswine +1.669% |
| Forretress +1.114% |
| Skarmory +0.732% |
| Chansey +0.570% |
| Mienshao +0.472% |
| Gourgeist-Large +0.466% |
| Gliscor +0.441% |
| Reuniclus +0.423% |
| Crobat +0.420% |
| Mandibuzz +0.365% |
| Checks and Counters |
| Venusaur 86.252 (91.32±1.27) |
| (17.0% KOed / 74.3% switched out)|
| Amoonguss 80.516 (95.19±3.67) |
| (11.5% KOed / 83.7% switched out)|
| Dragalge 80.149 (89.81±2.41) |
| (19.0% KOed / 70.8% switched out)|
| Roserade 78.759 (90.67±2.98) |
| (10.6% KOed / 80.1% switched out)|
| Florges 78.155 (84.14±1.50) |
| (10.7% KOed / 73.5% switched out)|
| Kangaskhan 75.997 (81.33±1.33) |
| (46.2% KOed / 35.2% switched out)|
| Breloom 75.743 (82.94±1.80) |
| (31.1% KOed / 51.8% switched out)|
| Sylveon 74.859 (81.65±1.70) |
| (14.4% KOed / 67.3% switched out)|
| Blissey 74.808 (82.89±2.02) |
| (6.3% KOed / 76.6% switched out) |
| Alakazam 74.479 (81.84±1.84) |
| (39.3% KOed / 42.6% switched out)|
| Trevenant 73.750 (79.52±1.44) |
| (7.8% KOed / 71.7% switched out) |
| Goodra 73.727 (78.55±1.21) |
| (13.7% KOed / 64.8% switched out)|
I hope they start counting M-Gengar as a separate Pokemon than normal Gengar soon.
"They" will do no such thing. It's the same as Darmanitan-Z not being counted separately from Darmanitan or (more relevantly) Meloetta being counted as one poke with or without Relic Song. If Mega Evolution weren't optional (if it were like Arceus where a pokemon holding a mega stone were always in that forme) then I might reconsider. But no, Mega is a set, not a separate pokemon.

Robert Alfons -- you're lucky I didn't delete your whole post. I've warned you all already in this thread.

Olly Think of the Pokebank tiers like last gen's "Dream World." Also, IIRC the gems are available (Rock Smash?), they're just SUPER hard to find.

termi

Flying gem shouldn't be allowed in regular OU or Pokebank OU. It's not in the new games, you can't move items through the Pokebank. Until it becomes available, it should be an obsolete item.
I see no evil in using it in Pokebank as long as it's available tho. After that, when gems turn out to be entirely unavailable (save for normal gem lol) then idk. Then again, it'd be bs if they'd remove almost a whole series of items after introducing it in the last gen.

Also, sorry Antar, I'll behave.

Olly Think of the Pokebank tiers like last gen's "Dream World." Also, IIRC the gems are available (Rock Smash?), they're just SUPER hard to find.
I have serious doubts they are available. Nobody seems to have found a flying gem and the games been available for over 3 weeks.

Even though it's not proof, I smashed every rock I saw in game and didn't get one gem.

I misunderstood Pokebank OU though. I assume Pokebank OU was what would be available after the Pokebank, but as of right now Flying Gem won't be available even after Pokebank.

I would also think it's unlikely we get them anytime soon, they don't seem the sort of items they would make event exclusive. We know the mechanic is still there as there is a normal gem, but it doesn't seem that any other gems are available.

It will make a big difference anyway to Talonflame. With flying gem available I agree that running flying gem and Acrobatics seems best, but right now on wifi and the like you are basically forced to use Brave Bird because Acrobatics and no item kind of sucks.

Wow looks like I'm not the only one who noticed Diggersby :D GO DIGGERSBY! He really is quite a gem, and has easily netted me a lot of wins and important kills.

Not surprised to see Galvantula as one of the top leads, with a sash it can set up sticky web on everything that lacks fake out. Also spread paralysis with thunder wave. I think it will be a good lead in the new meta, since sticky web is so useful.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
So, Excadrill is pretty awesome right now, but personally, I'm quite surprised that Sand Rush is not the most common ability. Sure, there is no more perma-sand, but without Sand support, I don't know if I'd want to be using Exca in the first place. I mean, its not a bad Pokemon without it, but it is just so amazing with it. Is there something I'm missing here that makes it really good with Mold Breaker, or is this just people temporarily shying away from weather reliance due to the new mechanics?
Rotom usage is hilariously high in the upper ends of the ladder, mold breaker and no mold breaker is the difference between being flat walled and demolishing that washing machine. Not to mention as a rock setter completely eschewing magic bounce is excellent. Excadrill is certainly a solid rapid spinner that outdoes a lot of the current OU spinners, to find it on non sand teams is legitimate, and sand rush doesnt help much without smooth rock sand support.

I know many will disagree here but I actaully think Mega Lucario is rather overrated.
And I really do think he'll see less usage in the future.

I think Megachomp is the new Kyurem-B of gen6.
He won't be 6-0'ing without support like garchomp of gen 4.
But his versatility and raw power along with good resistances and bulkiness makes him shine as a hard hitter/wallbreaker.

Well, I guess I'm the first person to actually comment on the stats :P

I was kinda surprised I didn't see more pokemon with mega evolutions in the top ten, but then I realized it was because you can only have one Mega evo, and Mega Gengar probably hogged them up, at a well deserved 4th position.
in the same way, I was somewhat taken by Blaziken dominating in Ubers still. I mean, yeah, Mega Blaziken Spped Boosting over stuff doesn't hurt, but surprised didn't see more trying Mega Gengar at the level.

"They" will do no such thing. It's the same as Darmanitan-Z not being counted separately from Darmanitan or (more relevantly) Meloetta being counted as one poke with or without Relic Song. If Mega Evolution weren't optional (if it were like Arceus where a pokemon holding a mega stone were always in that forme) then I might reconsider. But no, Mega is a set, not a separate pokemon.

Do you think the issue might be reconsidered further down the road, after the Tiers are set, in event that some Pokemon in are tie are, say, running over 90% of them with Megastones, and not running any other sets at all? I mean, I realize some of the "trickier issues" are usually left for consideration after the tiers are set, anyways, so I never expected to see anything until after that point.

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Looking at the PokeBank vs. Gen IV stats is pretty interesting for pokes that are available in both tiers. One poke in particular that I thought was interesting was Gyarados. Despite there being fewer options for Pokemon to run in Gen VI OU Gyarados still fell over 4% in usage when compared to PokeBank. I kind of figured this would be the case since RestTalk Gyarados is by far the best counter to Mega Lucario in Pokebank where it can still use Ice Punch. I haven't played Gen VI OU yet though so I wonder how effective Mega Gyarados is in that tier since that is probably the only set seeing any usage. I know it is a pretty amazing Sweeper / Stall Breaker in PokeBank but I wonder if it less effective in Gen VI OU with all of the Gourgeist running around.

Rotom usage is hilariously high in the upper ends of the ladder, mold breaker and no mold breaker is the difference between being flat walled and demolishing that washing machine. Not to mention as a rock setter completely eschewing magic bounce is excellent. Excadrill is certainly a solid rapid spinner that outdoes a lot of the current OU spinners, to find it on non sand teams is legitimate, and sand rush doesnt help much without smooth rock sand support.
Mold Breaker also allows it to set SR without fearing Magic Bounce at all.

I'm really surprised that Lando-T isn't higher (in Pokebank where he's available). He jumps over 20 spots when you look at the 1850 stats which tells you all you need to know, that he's a great counter for aegislash. That is until aegislash start using HP Ice, but then it loses out on a move etc...

Oh man, Aegislash and Talonflame are the new kings of OU it seems (expecting greninja to drop since it's vulnerable to basically any priority)

Band Talonflame having the 2nd strongest priority in the game (second to Yvetal), which isn't easily worked around like sucker punch is will see it stay solidly OU imo. Rock weakness is much more manageable this gen due to defog, which has a dual effect of easily clearing hazards itself and making spin blockers obsolete so regular spinners can also do the job.

SD aegislash is bad but it seems people have started to use mixed or special sets which tear through "counters" like gliscor, lando or skarmory, while just generally being more effective since they don't require set-up.

Kinda surprised Gengar isn't first but I guess it has to compete with other megas, even though it's clearly the most broken mon in the tier right now.

Last edited:
I find it interesting how Haxorus is more popular than Kyurem B in Pokebank OU.

Also, Aegislash's dominance is almost scary.

Aegislash being #1 is something I've expected. King's Shield is really that good. Though the SD set is so predictable and easy to play around... the mixed sets are much more threatening imo.

I actually thought, that M-Gengar would be even more used, at least #3 if not #1 (it's so ridiculously broken). Maybe because of all the priority and the fact that it takes up a mega slot?

I'm pleasantly surprised, that fairy-types are getting quite a bit more use than I had expected. This is surely the first eight days and maybe some will fall out, but things like Florges and Klefki (at #8!!) I wouldn't have expected to break OU at all.

M-Garchomp and M-Scizor are surprisingly popular too. Garchomp's pretty paranoid of Togekiss it seems - more Stone Edge than Fire Fang. Also, strangely, less Yache Berry.

Also agree that Rotom-W is fantastically anti-metagame right now. It checks so many things in this metagame: Talonflame, Blaziken, Greninja, Garados, Azumarill, the list goes on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)