Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, what is this?

I'm going to college now in Tempe, so that's practically Pheonix, and while I certainly couldn't compete (mostly due to not actually having a team) I would love to attend and watch this stuff go down.

More info pl0x?

yeah im in the thinking stage at the moment for my team. Not sure really what I want to base it on. When I figure out what Im gonna do Im gonna start the breeding stage lol

1) Yes. EVs count for all pokemon. You just won't have their full effects. At level 50, ~8 EVs = 1 stat point
2) It helps
3) You bring 6, though you only get 4 in battle
4) Somebody else should answer this.
5) They have IVs (all pokemon do >_>). You can EV train a level 50 too; just fight low leveled pokemon so that you don't level up, and when you're done deposit it in the PC. Exit, withdraw, and vuala. So in other words yes.
6) Yes. You can find them here, though the jist is:

~Species Clause
~Item Clause
~Name Clause (two pokemon cannot have same name; pokemon cannot be nicknamed other species names, like Gliscor named Lucario; no inappropriate names)

Ban list can be found in the link and original post.
Thanks for the help!
Oh and about the IV's, I meant you can't really get very good IV's from them unless you SR for a while, which I don't plan on doing.
So, when you EV training, all you have to do is deposit it in the PC to get the effects? I just thought they were distributed to the pokemon through leveling up. Which is why I didn't know if lv. 50 would work since most people see their results at a much higher level.

I do wonder how many people are willing to wake at around 5-6 A.M. just to get to this event. I'd say around 400, because we all want to become Pokemon Masters (lol, even though that is the main goal of Pokemon Trainers, there is no mention of what a Pokemon Master has to accomplish). I am 99.6% sure I am going (the .4% is if something pops up) and my 2 friends and the younger brother of one of my friends are also coming.

TTS, I think there are enough posts to make a list of the Smogon members who are going. You should edit the first post and make two lists, an "Almost Definitely Going" list and a "Possibly Going" list.

I live extremely close to Dallas, so I might be able to go if I can get my parents to take me, as they certainly won't let me carpool with someone I met over the internet. The only problem is, I don't play in the Doubles metagame, and I have very few EV trained Pokémon at level 50 or below.

Man, do you reckon this will be the most competitive Regional from them all? I'm considering going as well, but I wish there was a way to guarantee a spot in :(. Stupid attendance caps, let us play with our DS's and eliminate such cap! 128 people max, so lame.

Pokemon Video Game Championships - Seattle

So I just found out about this 2 minutes ago and had to make a thread. I'm a student at the University of Washington, so this is just a short bus ride away from me. Who else will I see there?

Information said:
May 9, 2009
Seattle Center Fisher Pavilion
305 Harrison Street
Seattle, WA 98109
Senior Registration: 8:30 - 9:30 A.M.
Junior Registration: 11:30 A.M - 12:30 P.M

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I live 20 min from St. Louis!!! See you there!

Hey, I've seen a couple other qualifier threds, but no St. Louis thread?! (and I'm afraid to start threads! 0.0)

Just on the subject of Nationals being in St. Louis this year...

I know it's completely selfish, but I'm SOOOOOOOOO glad it's in St. Louis this year! All those times they've had major tourneys way off in NYC or SD, there was NO WAY my parents would have taken me that far to play a videogame :P

ultimatedra (myself), The Fish King, and others from Utah will be attending.

So where are all my St. Louis, Missouri participants at?

I'll be there, let's get some people and meet up :P
I plan on winning a trip, so yeah i will be there :-D

Man, do you reckon this will be the most competitive Regional from them all? I'm considering going as well, but I wish there was a way to guarantee a spot in :(. Stupid attendance caps, let us play with our DS's and eliminate such cap! 128 people max, so lame.
OR if they are going to be strict about the attendance, make it
"first come, first served"
That makes the most sence to me anyway

ultimatedra (myself), the fish king, and others from Utah will be coming.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I merged all the location threads here. DO NOT make a thread for each location. Organize everything using this thread - if you would like to organize and keep the list active for everyone, please PM me and I'll still a post early on in this thread for you.

Actually, I probably won't be going to Dallas unless I bomb both Fremont and Phoenix, which isn't really likely; but if that does happen, I might possibly consider Dallas. That'll have to wait and see however. :P

Alrighty then, I ought to be going to both Nashville and St. Louis. I have to get a job and earn enough money to get there and back on my own, though, so Nashville especially is going to be kind of tight.

I guess I'll only goto nationals. I cant really afford to goto more than one of them and we're stuck way up here in Canada so that even seattle is like 20 hrs away. I think I got a couple buddies driving down with me (not for nationals just for the hell of it) sooooo... even if I dont get in I'll just tourist it up @ 6-flags or something :naughty:

I guess I'll only goto nationals. I cant really afford to goto more than one of them and we're stuck way up here in Canada so that even seattle is like 20 hrs away. I think I got a couple buddies driving down with me (not for nationals just for the hell of it) sooooo... even if I dont get in I'll just tourist it up @ 6-flags or something :naughty:
While you guys are at nationals, look for "Pointers Delivery" they have what is called "The Pointersaurus" a 28" 10-pound pizza. the cost is $50, unlimited soda, and if you and 1 friend can finish the pizza in 1 hour, you get a check for $500
Pointers Delivery
Pointersaurus

I am going to do this. I don't think i will get the $500, but it sounds like fun!

While you guys are at nationals, look for "Pointers Delivery" they have what is called "The Pointersaurus" a 28" 10-pound pizza. the cost is $50, unlimited soda, and if you and 1 friend can finish the pizza in 1 hour, you get a check for $500
Pointers Delivery
Pointersaurus

I am going to do this. I don't think i will get the $500, but it sounds like fun!
Seems like fun. It seems worth it for the food, as if I get to St. Louis my sister and I will need to eat something and this seems like a good deal. If we can't finish it, we'll still have leftovers for the other few days.

To be on topic, I wonder what we're going to do at Nationals. Pizza party at the hotel room whoever gets 1st/2nd place in a regional! It's funny to think of how many little kids we could troll at Nationals. "Hey kid, did you know that Magikarp learns Selfdestruct at level 100?". Seriously, we should meet up the night before Nationals to discuss strategies, teams, and for random battles. That we we can ensure most of the 16 Seniors going to Worlds are from Smogon.

Can someone just confirm for me if AR usage = something that is checked for? I've only so far used AR for cloning/making more items (saving time going back through another game to get more items/saving time on the GTS clone trick, which I still know how to do). I've got only a month in which to raise a rudimentary team, and I wanted to know whether or not to be tempted by those devils known as Fast-Hatch and IV check codes... <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)