Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ill be telling alakahoe things so he can post aswell, also

is me, so if you see me tell me so, today im wearing a bright green stride t-shirt, tommorrow a blue caboose t-shirt, and for the competition a white t-shirt with my avvy, so somebody come find me cause im tired of all of the tcg people

Will anybody be in touch with the players in St. Louis and update this thread as the tournament progresses?
I told both zerowing and FiveKRunner to text me results as the day goes on, so I should be posting updates on both saturday and sunday. Once again, good luck to everyone! Let's get an all smogon top 16!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Will anybody be in touch with the players in St. Louis and update this thread as the tournament progresses?
I don't know about "as the tournament progresses", but I'll be coming home right afterwards.

Hey guys, just wondering, but to those who've qualified for Nationals, i had a question.

Did you HAVE to send in your form about Go-Pokemon, regarding whether or not we were going or not? Or did we have to email them something, of course, 1st/2nd have to email to get the ticket, 3rd/4th though, i'm not sure. Anyone know what we need to do for 3rd/4th?

Or does anyone have Mike Liesek's phone number....?

I was given this paper to fax to the given place before a certain deadline. Hope that helps :D. Also for those there,I'll probably be wearing my avenue Q shit(props for those who've seen it)

I was given this paper to fax to the given place before a certain deadline. Hope that helps :D. Also for those there,I'll probably be wearing my avenue Q shit(props for those who've seen it)
Haha, i'm screwed probably. The lady never told me to fax anything, but she told me to keep a certain paper which told me to mark whether or not I was going, but she told me to keep it. (Which makes no sense at all now that I think about it.)

Hmm, maybe I'll still have a seat, else i'll have to get extremely lucky with the lottery.

I Can't really think of any good advice. To keep up your mental idea of thought and battle, practice as often as you can. Preferabbly, if you can meet up with other Smoggers, practice against them, since there's no disadvantages for us to know each other's teams. Chess players are known to study past games to see any mistakes and flaws in those games, and see how to counter or correct those play styles. Study on qualifier winning teams and famous battles.

Suggestions:
-2007 Japan Finals [Rain vs. MOLF Party]
-2008 Worlds 2nd Semifinals [Rain vs. GoodStuffs]
-2009 Japan Finals [TrickHail vs. Rain]
-2009 Philadelphia Finals [GoodStuffs vs. GoodsStuffs, unlike the other American qualifiers, which had Trick Room teams]

I can't think of many more ideas. Eat a healthy breakfast (Belgian Waffles, bacon, and egg for the win), get as much sleep as nessesary to avoid being sleepy, and listen to the Rocky themes (whether it be the training theme or Eye of the Tiger). Also, keep this in mind: many of the players you'll be facing in the first few rounds will play horribly. However, you will face better players starting around the 4th round (Swiss System is awesome). Just remember, you're going to have to show the world that this game isn't simply a "kid's game", but rather a complex competitive game. Prove how good you can be, and show no mercy.

Anyways, good luck again, you're really going to need it to avoid luck hax that benefit the other player.

Sidd from what I read from the paper, it seems that the reason for faxing it in is so they can get your travel check ready for you onsite. It actually says nothing about turning it in for a spot, so my best guess is you still have that spot. Did you keep that ticket you were given? I got this little ticket she said was important to hold on to.

Wow, there's so many TCG people here, it's crazy. I think I may have seen Batpig, IDK what he looks like exactly. I'm sure I'll easily be able to spot Alaka or IPL if I see you guys. My pic is above and I'll be with my friend who's about my height (5'10'') and has light brown hair and may be wearing a boot on his ankle.

Don't be surprised, last year's TCG tournament went over 1000. Just wait till tomorrow where even MORE people come in you guys.

Hey, I'll be in St. Louis, it seems, but my flight arrives tomorrow night. I'm not sure what I'll wear, but for general reference, here's what I look like:

Please come and say hi.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Good luck to everyone going! I wish I could be there haha. Instead, I will be out partying. So yeah, I'll live haha...but there better be a VGC LA next year.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Dear VGC Diary,

With the two hour time zone change, my circadian rhythm has been throw off by an enormous amount. It's nearing 4AM and I cannot even fathom falling asleep. Eating at the skewed hours has left me famished at this unreasonable time in the morning.

Will write more as soon as I figure out how to eat myself.

Love,

Huy

Haha, changing time zones is nasty :P I'm going to China in about a month (from the UK); not looking forward to jet lag...

Well, good luck to everyone in the US Nationals; I'm not going to the Worlds myself, but you might see my brother there (assuming you get in).

I'm getting ready to leave for St. Louis right now. I can't post a picture, but I'm a black male, about 5' 10"/140-something pounds, with facial hair, wearing a black Nintendo World t-shirt.

Sidd from what I read from the paper, it seems that the reason for faxing it in is so they can get your travel check ready for you onsite. It actually says nothing about turning it in for a spot, so my best guess is you still have that spot. Did you keep that ticket you were given? I got this little ticket she said was important to hold on to.
Are you kidding me? The lady who handled all the forms and stuff didn't even give me a ticket nor did she say hold on to it. Was it the Go-Pokemon form or something else?

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sidd that sounds awful as I hope they straightened out everything. Anyways I got this AIM message from VashTheStampede in St.Louis:
I'm in blue jean-shorts and in a blue OC Choppers shirt
While I wish I were in St.Louis to cherish the moments, all I can say is good luck to you all.

I know a few are still scrambling for teams and I will try to make myself available and do less RNGing until after tomorrow.

Oh snap, they have a (very) small computer lounge! This makes things a lot easier and faster, haha!

Anyway, turns out today was only for the TCG. I thought that was the case before I left home, but I confirmed it today.. I plan on going back later to grab some cool schwag and such, hopefully with Pimp and some of the other m8s. Pimp is the only one I met.

Lettin you guys know, my room is 406. It's like 3 doors down from the elevator, obviously the 4th floor. :P

Feel free to come knocking and we can chill or go down to the lobby or whatever. Like seriously, it's boring. -_-;

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZnbC0ldo74&feature=channel

That guy wasn't me, I lent him my cartridge before the tournament so he could take some of my pokemon...
But in the end he just dumped my save it seems xDD

Also, I laughed at that guy in the background saying this Jolteon was pokesaved 'cause there was 12.5 % to get a female, and even less with a perfect HP (I got it through Emerald RNG abuse...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)