Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incase anyone wants to meet up at America Center, here's my pic.

I'm the Indian, around 5'10'ish or so, i have longer hair than before now, but otherwise it's the same.

Probably boxer shorts with some random shirt along with my kobes.

Slightly OT I know, but does anybody else think Diesel looks a bit like David Mitchell?

Good luck to everyone in St Louis.
QFT!

Nah not too much, its just the shape of his head is similar. Diesel, do you happen to have a curly haired friend who like doing flash dance?

On topic; good luck all! :D

Well, good luck to everybody tomorrow. I'll try and post some results that I can get here as the day goes along, but I unfortunately have to work at about 11 am pacific. I am willing to bet that Swiss will take quite a long time, so maybe I'll be back by the time it ends or gets to the top 4.

I'm pretty excited for all of you who are competing!!

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I met some of the juniors, pretty cool little kids, i've been hanging out in the lobby alot so if you are here go down there

Noob spectator question

Hi Everyone-

I just now found this forum and am hoping someone here can let me know about how long matches usually last. I live in STL and wanted to come downtown to see the finals on Sunday, but the only info I can find is that they apparently start at 9am with the top 16 from each division, which I'm assuming means there will be 4 rounds.

How long does a round usually last? If I can't make it until noon or 1pm will everything be over?

Thanks in advance for your paitence and help,
Marc

Wow, St. Louis already.

Good luck to everyone who's going. I have a sneaky suspicion that there'll be a surprising result, but a smogonite will still win it. Can't wait for San Diego, lol. Too bad I'm not part of it (there's always next year though :D) this time, but I may well be next year. I helped Shoe a lot with his teambuilding, and he's in the worlds. My new team design for next year is looking extremely good right now, too. I have an entire year to work on refining the sets then eventually getting the team members to physically be on my cart, so that's a very nice amount of time to get ready.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Hi Everyone-

I just now found this forum and am hoping someone here can let me know about how long matches usually last. I live in STL and wanted to come downtown to see the finals on Sunday, but the only info I can find is that they apparently start at 9am with the top 16 from each division, which I'm assuming means there will be 4 rounds.

How long does a round usually last? If I can't make it until noon or 1pm will everything be over?

Thanks in advance for your paitence and help,
Marc
It should probably end around noon or 1 PM. Juniors starts at that time, however.

Hmm, they seemed to have recognized me, so the fax didn't matter. I got 4 Team info sheets, incase i change my mind at the last minute, so lets hope I choose the right team.

Otherwise, good luck to all the other competitors, I hope to see you guys tomorrow.

Good luck to all of the smogoners tomorrow. As I said before, I will be in contact with someone, whether it be FiveK, zerowing, or whomever, and will be posting updates as I get them. I hope all of the smogoners in the random pool get picked, and everyone does well. I'm predicting at least half of the top 16 to be smogoners, but let's go for 16 out of 16!

Tyler_422 luckily got in through the random draw. Good Luck, to everyone competiting. I'll be updating smogon throughout the day via Tyler422.

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just got a phone call from Zerowing -- The brackets are pretty fair towards Smogon(aka no stacking everyone against each other early on like the JAA finals). Besides Tyler, the only other Smogonite to get in via random-drawing was Fish151PKMN, who I'm sure all of the old people remember =P I believe he went with Zerowing as his guest. I'll post as soon as I get any new updates.

Ok, FiveK just called me. He did not get in, but Fish and Tyler422 both got in via the lottery. Only 224 people registered for the senior division lottery, and they drew 104 wristbands. Four of them were redrawn because of no-shows.

The number before and after FiveK's number both got selected, but his actual number did not. -_-

@TTS = Did zerowing say when the play would actually start?

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
He said it was about to start, and that was 15-20 minutes ago. So they're probably doing R1 now. I couldn't really hear him too well, since it's noisy as fuck there, so he kept is short and sweet.

And uh, no idea who Hal is, so no. I heard no mention of him, although if he wasn't hanging out with the big group of Smogoners then uh.. who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)