Media One Piece (spoilers!)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I am aware of this theory, all i am saying is that it's too early for Jozu to be dead (or maybe BB doesn't even have to kill someone to extract his DF anymore). And also why have Jozu lose an arm if you are going to kill him off screen anyway? Seems pointless and not something that Oda would do.

Also, NWO, even if Sabo is at Ace's level or a bit stronger, it's still not strong enough for NW, at least not for high tier fighters, if Sabo is expected to be one of Dragon's strongest fighters. Furthermore, and this is something that most people seem to forget, the most important aspect of the Mera Mera in the story is its sentimental value and not its power. Oda doesn't need old DFs to power up his characters, he has another 100 ways to do it, the Mera Mera was brought back to the story to pass down Ace's flame, both literally and metaphorically, and Sabo is the best person to have it.
Ace earned a bounty of 550 million, a commander spot on one of the 4 strongest crews on the sea, and had an entire war started over him. So yeah, I'd say he's strong enough to handle the New World. Also, the best person to receive "Ace's flame" IMO is Makino's baby.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ace was able to destroy ships by punching them, in what world is he not new world worthy?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Like I understand why it is Sabo (though my first reaction was Ace for some reason) but why is everyone so 100% that it is. Am I reading a poor translation somewhere or is it just the only logical conclusion?

Either way loved Luffy's Enel face and loved the chapter a whole lot, Bellamy I think was really noteworthy in this chapter aside from the Sabo hype. And Bart too.

EDIT:

ohhhhh the three sake cups on Ace's grave. Duh.

EDIT 2:

I FORGOT ABOUT KOALA AS A CHARACTER MY BAD FOR NOT BEING EXCITED.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It took me a long time to get over my fanboy spasming at Sabo's return (albeit, I think this could have been more trumpeted-- well maybe more than enough trumpets for a Revolutionary Army spy).

Now that I'm over it, my brain realized that the revolutionary army will FINALLY jump into the fray of the main story! Which sent me into another fit of fanboy seizures.

But seriously...

-Arguably the strongest Shichibukai revealed to this point
-2 Yonkou
-Sabo
-The Reolutionary Army
-New Admiral
-Cypher Pol

shit's about to get real

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I found better words to express my joy:

These last few chapters have been like opening the presents when it's not even Christmas yet.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ace earned a bounty of 550 million, a commander spot on one of the 4 strongest crews on the sea, and had an entire war started over him. So yeah, I'd say he's strong enough to handle the New World. Also, the best person to receive "Ace's flame" IMO is Makino's baby.
An entire war started over him because WB treats his men like his children and because Ace had incredible potential, being the son of Gol D Roger and having the will of D.

And i never stated that Ace couldn't stand his own in the NW, i just said that he was not top tier material, because of his lack of training in Haki.

New World Order

Licks Toads
An entire war started over him because WB treats his men like his children and because Ace had incredible potential, being the son of Gol D Roger and having the will of D.

And i never stated that Ace couldn't stand his own in the NW, i just said that he was not top tier material, because of his lack of training in Haki.
Ace had King's Haki (which of course he couldn't control properly), which implies he at least knew how to use the other forms of Haki. He just chose to rely on his OP fruit instead. I believe Van Auger commented on how Ace would be a formidable opponent even without his Devil Fruit, but his true power still resides in that fruit. And before that, BB told Auger and Burgess to stay out because (paraphrasing) they don't stand a chance against Ace. We all know that BB only allows those he deems strong to join him, and 100 million+ pirates like Jewellery Bonney do NOT fulfill his criteria. What does that say about Ace if BB is scared of letting his hand-picked crew members fight him?

You don't have to be "top tier material" to survive in the New World, there are only so many Marcos and Jozus out there, Ace fared a whole lot better than Curiel and Atmos.
you havent read the chapter. go read the chapter. it will change ur life for the better
Yes I did, Kensei/Rose got destroyed as everyone expected. Same old predictable crap as usual. Everyone knew that Renji was going to show up within a few chapters in Bleach. Nobody expected Koala and Sabo to show up in One Piece.

I'm pretty interested in the idea of some devil fruits having direct side effects outside of the standard weaknesses.

In the case of the Hobby Hobby fruit, the idea that the user forever remains a child is somewhat alarming.

I wonder if we will see more fruits like this in the near future.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ace had King's Haki (which of course he couldn't control properly), which implies he at least knew how to use the other forms of Haki. He just chose to rely on his OP fruit instead. I believe Van Auger commented on how Ace would be a formidable opponent even without his Devil Fruit, but his true power still resides in that fruit. And before that, BB told Auger and Burgess to stay out because (paraphrasing) they don't stand a chance against Ace. We all know that BB only allows those he deems strong to join him, and 100 million+ pirates like Jewellery Bonney do NOT fulfill his criteria. What does that say about Ace if BB is scared of letting his hand-picked crew members fight him?

You don't have to be "top tier material" to survive in the New World, there are only so many Marcos and Jozus out there, Ace fared a whole lot better than Curiel and Atmos.

Yes I did, Kensei/Rose got destroyed as everyone expected. Same old predictable crap as usual. Everyone knew that Renji was going to show up within a few chapters in Bleach. Nobody expected Koala and Sabo to show up in One Piece.
First of all, i never said that Ace couldn't survive in the NW. Second, having dormant CoC haki doesn't mean that you also know how to use the other two forms of haki. This was never stated. It just means that you have the potential to control the most rare kind of haki (and possibly the most powerful). I am not saying that Ace didn't have CoA or CoO haki, just that we never saw him using it, and taking as a given that he had both kinds of haki (CoO and CoA) just because he had CoC haki is wrong. Finally, all that BB said was that Burges and the others couldn't face Ace atm, which is a simple concept really. He had a Logia DF and they lacked haki, so 1 + 1 = 2.

Anyway, i don't even get what we are discussing right now, but my point is that after Sabo eats the Mera Mera he will be an absolute monster.

New World Order

Licks Toads
First of all, i never said that Ace couldn't survive in the NW. Second, having dormant CoC haki doesn't mean that you also know how to use the other two forms of haki. This was never stated. It just means that you have the potential to control the most rare kind of haki (and possibly the most powerful). I am not saying that Ace didn't have CoA or CoO haki, just that we never saw him using it, and taking as a given that he had both kinds of haki (CoO and CoA) just because he had CoC haki is wrong. Finally, all that BB said was that Burges and the others couldn't face Ace atm, which is a simple concept really. He had a Logia DF and they lacked haki, so 1 + 1 = 2.

Anyway, i don't even get what we are discussing right now, but my point is that after Sabo eats the Mera Mera he will be an absolute monster.
Fair enough, I just personally feel that assuming Sabo=Ace right now, he's enough of a monster that we can have the Mer Mera go to another character and "spread out the power".

mien

Tournament Banned
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I found better words to express my joy:

These last few chapters have been like opening the presents when it's not even Christmas yet.
My guess is that the next chapter will be the best one only to be followed by break lasting two or three weeks.

It's probably going to be about Akainu confronting the WG. Secretly i'm hoping the fleet admiral will lose his shit and takes over the WG by himself (after all who's going to stop him if he wants too?)
One can dream.

It looks like Franky is going to be fighting an entire army by himself next chapter (in color). Needless to say, it's gonna be SUPER!

edit: And we're on break next week. First Desolation of Smaug, now One Piece. I need to go to Guinness, I have the world's bluest balls.

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Aaaaand another logia.

Fuck the new world is OP.
HOW IS THIS STILL A TALKING POINT?

We have hit the realm of haki ladies and gents: Logia's are no longer inherently stronger! What determines power in the new world is the strength of the haki, not what things they can do!

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Oh you're right. I guess the Strawhat Crew is basically completely and utterly fucked by this one C-tier villain parading around with a logia fruit. How could I have been so blind?!

I never realized how powerful a threat Monet was until you kindly pointed out that most of the crew can't use haki. If it weren't for super intense fight between her and Zoro the Strawhats really could've had a run for their money.

This was a message brought to you by the Demystification Of Fruits Logia Association. #D.O.F.L.A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)