Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh oh more Serperior...

I've been trying out this as an offensive(?) core, which has been working well for me. Talonflame and Serperior together put a lot of pressure on frail fast pokemon and stallmons while both having good speed to work with, while Rotom-W deals with problematic pokemon such as Heatran, Talonflame, Lando-T, as well as absorbing priority Thunder Waves aimed at the other two.

Serperior lures in checks/counters to itself and Talonflame and catch them with the Substitute/Glare set, making them quite a bit easier to deal with, for instance being able to paralyze opposing Talonflame, Heatran, Scarf Lando-T, etc.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Obviously this core needs a spinner since Serperior and Talon are both cutting their hp with their moves, and Rotom-W wants to switch a lot. I swapped Rotom-W from Conkeldurr since the team was otherwise weak to talonflame and Im trying to not be the guy who posts a bad core in the good core thread >_> either way, its working nicely for me

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Uh oh more Serperior...

I've been trying out this as an offensive(?) core, which has been working well for me. Talonflame and Serperior together put a lot of pressure on frail fast pokemon and stallmons while both having good speed to work with, while Conkeldurr can lure in Unaware Clefable who can wall both Serp and Talon and beat it with Poison Jab, along with being able to beat steel types, especially Heatran (whilst also not fearing switching into lava plume and getting burned thanks to Guts). Also Conkeldurr can importantly switch into priority Thunder Wave which can ruin both Serperior and Talonflame.

Serperior lures in checks/counters to itself and Talonflame and catch them with the Substitute/Glare set, making them quite a bit easier to deal with, for instance being able to paralyze opposing Talonflame, Heatran (to make Conkeldurr outspeed it), Scarf Lando-T, etc. While both Serperior and Talon have middling bulk, they have decently synergistic typing- Serperior can deal with Water and Electric type attacks and Talonflame can switch into Bug and Fire type attacks for Serperior, and Fairy type attacks aimed at Conk.

Serperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 232 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
[/spoiler]

Obviously this core needs a spinner since Serperior and Talon are both cutting their hp with their moves, so something like Starmie can work very well to complete the FWG (while also dealing with Heatran pretty well)- arguably the core could be Serperior/Talonflame/Starmie but I appreciated Conkeldurr's ability to lure Unaware Clefable and KO it, since it can stop the boosting strategies of both Serperior and Talonflame- as well as being able to take paralysis/status. Its also nice that these pokemon leave your mega slot open. This is working for me but feedback still appreciated.. I will try and collect some replays of how its working for me.
Eh, this core gets absolutely annihilated by talonflame and while it will probably kill itself with recoil thats beside the point. When using something like serperior or conk, you need to account for that huge weakness to talonflame.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
A couple of cores to save us from the mass influx of Serperior cores :I

Defensive Core: Slowbro + Ferrothorn + Gliscor
+
+

The most basic of defensive cores with a good amount of variations so I'll slash some stuff here and there and boltsandbombers can take care of the rest I missed or just order around whatever. Slowbro helps check Zard-X, Talonflame, non Freeze Dry Mamoswine, Keldeo to a certain extent with Psyshock, and checks other threats depending on your coverage and status afflicting move. Ferrothorn gives a bit of cushion for M-Gardevoir, gives you a solid Dragon resist for moments you rather not have Gliscor and Slowbro taking Draco Meteors to the face, provides rocks, stops the core from getting stomped by Gyarados and its mega completely just to give you some ideas. Specially Defensive Gliscor gives you a check to the Landos, Gengar, Clefable, a ground immunity as well as a status / knock off absorber. SD can be used on Gliscor to help beat M-Sableye while Taunt is sort of needed for the core not to be insanely passive. Core needs checks to wall-breakers such as Char-Y and M-Gallade so stuff like M-Altaria to stall out the former and and M-Sableye for the latter can help with that. Unaware Clefable helps with physical attackers such as Swords Dance Garchomp and M-Heracross. HP Fire Kyurem-B is also the death of this core so making sure you're not too weak to wall-breakers by either adding offensive partners or another solid defensive backbone can help the core function more effectively for what it's suppose to be checking.
Slowbro @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock / Foul Play / Fire Blast
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave / Toxic

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball / Protect
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock / Spikes

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Acrobatics
- Roost / Swords Dance
- Taunt

Offensive Core: M-Altaria + Hydreigon + Magneton

+
+

Core is sort of similar to the M-Alt + Magnezone one however this one takes a more offensive approach with offensive M-Altaria, Life Orb Hydreigon, and Scarf Magneton. Only thing I can say ahead of time is the core is used on a Dragspam team so just use your imagination. Nothing too crazy to mention about M-Altaria besides having both its coverage moves and much more immediate power to sweep and wall-break at the cost of no recovery. M-Altaria also provides the Dragon immunity that is necessary for Hydreigon. Hydreigon's purpose is just to wall-break the majority of M-Altaria's checks such as Air Balloon Heatran and relieves the pressure from Magneton and M-Altaria to break both offensive and defensive steel types. With Greninja gone some people will opt to use Magnezone over Magneton for trapping Steel types along with a Fairy resist for Dragon types in this particular case. This would be fine if you weren't getting floored by Weavile and Talonflame in every scenario that M-Altaria can't get a boost hence why Magneton is being used over Magnezone with this particular core. If you have checks to these obviously feel free to use Magnezone with its standard spread that you can find on just about any core that has one in the thread.
Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Happiness: 0
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Superpower

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

There you go. boltsandbombers feel free to slash whatever.

Here's a pretty fun offensive core that I've created a team around. The idea is to break down the opposing team with Mega Metagross and Exploud, then clean up with Belly Drum Azumarill. Many users seem to believe that Mega Metagross is overpowered because of its high speed combined with its incredible strength. Mega Metagross's ability Tough Claws serves as an extra punch in the gut that allows Mega Metagross to consistently threaten offensive and defensive teams. Although the best coverage move for Mega Metagross in this core is Hammer Arm because it gives Mega Metagross the capability to break Ferrothorn, Heatran, Bisharp, and Non-Choice Scarf Magnezone. Thunderpunch would give the core the tool it needs to break through Slowbro and Specially Defensive Skarmory; Two Pokemon that can be problematic if left unchecked. Exploud is really unique, it can really pressure defensive teams because of its abuse of Boomburst and its ability, Scrappy. Nothing wants to switch into a 140 base, Choice Specs + STAB boosted attack. Although it's hindered by its low Speed, Exploud is still fast enough to outpace common walls. Exploud can also take a neutral hit because of its high HP and then dish out a deadly Boomburst. Belly Drum Azumarill is extremely deadly in the current metagame; with the proper support Azumarill can clean sweep late game due to the lack of defensive Pokemon / healthy defensive Pokemon. Due to the power creep of ORAS it's very difficult to prepare for everything. Azumarill is great at taking advantage of the lack of defensive mon's and the best part is that it just needs one free turn to pummel the opposition.
Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast
- Overheat
- Surf / Flamethrower

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm / Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Last edited:
Eh, this core gets absolutely annihilated by talonflame and while it will probably kill itself with recoil thats beside the point. When using something like serperior or conk, you need to account for that huge weakness to talonflame.
Thats a good point, I haven't really seen much talonflame and I think the ones I have been playing have been quick to throw theirs away but a good player would probably take that team apart. I switched the conk in the original post for rotom-w which does much of the same thing but while stopping talon too

scizor-mega.gif+ serperior.gif+ terrakion.gif

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Serperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 228 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute

This is an offensive core inspired by Aim's recent youtube videos, featuring a team set to out to weak the checks of the next sweeper, which is exactly what this team does. Scizor baits Heatran, Rotom, Skarmory, Zapdos, Talonflame and the Mega Charizards. I usually setup an SD mid-game with Scizor when I can't break the opponents walls out. Heatran outright dies to Superpower after rocks, making a path for Serperior who can destroy the rest of Scizors checks, bar Talonflame. Serperior then comes in the baited Rotom-w and starts Leaf Storming. Serperior basically has no counters that I can think of bar Heatran, Chansey and Clefable. All of which this core deals with. Terrakion gets up a free sub againts Zapdos and Talonflame and can check both of Charizards megas.

Attachments

View attachment 33894+ View attachment 33895+ View attachment 33893

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Serperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 228 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute

This is an offensive core inspired by Aim's recent youtube videos, featuring a team set to out to weak the checks of the next sweeper, which is exactly what this team does. Scizor baits Heatran, Rotom, Skarmory, Zapdos, Talonflame and the Mega Charizards. I usually setup an SD mid-game with Scizor when I can't break the opponents walls out. Heatran outright dies to Superpower after rocks, making a path for Serperior who can destroy the rest of Scizors checks, bar Talonflame. Serperior then comes in the baited Rotom-w and starts Leaf Storming. Serperior basically has no counters that I can think of bar Heatran, Chansey and Clefable. All of which this core deals with. Terrakion gets up a free sub againts Zapdos and Talonflame and can check both of Charizards megas.
Scizor might be able to one shot Heatran, but a lot of people have been running timid/max speed Heatran as of late - this core has potential but needs a little bit of work.

Scizor might be able to one shot Heatran, but a lot of people have been running timid/max speed Heatran as of late - this core has potential but needs a little bit of work.
Obviously, the sets aren't set in stone, the point is that they bait eachothers counters in. And Gothitelle is a great partner is that it traps chansey, heatran, skarmory and clefable

+

An offensive core I've been having some fun with lately is BP Mega Lopunny and Gengar. The idea behind this core is basically to punish many of MegaLopunny's popular switch-ins, such as bulky Fairy and Psychic types, which get annihilated by LO Gengar.
I've been using Sub BP most of the time to also take advantage of Lando-T, which has to go for Earthquake or Superpower to ensure breaking Lopunny's sub (U-Turn fails to break the Sub of both as well btw) and Gengar is immune to both of them. Hence if your opponent switches in a Lando-T on this Lopunny you have a good chance of getting a free switch into Gengar.
Since this is an offensive core, there isn't much defensive synergy, so team partners which can handle opposing Mons capable of revenge-killing them(like Talonflame or Scarf Keldeo for example) are recommended.
The sets can of course be changed to fit your team's needs, if you need some priority you can replace Substitute with Fake Out and using Gengar more as a stallbreaker with Taunt + Wisp is also an option in case your team struggles with stall.

Sets:
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- High Jump Kick/ Drain Punch
- Return
- Substitute

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt/Will-O-Wisp/Destiny Bond

E: Made the changes, thanks guys.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
+

An offensive core I've been having some fun with lately is BP Mega Lopunny and Gengar. The idea behind this core is basically to punish many of MegaLopunny's popular switch-ins, such as bulky Fairy and Psychic types, which get annihilated by LO Gengar.
I've been using Sub BP most of the time to also take advantage of Lando-T, which has to go for Earthquake or Superpower to ensure breaking Lopunny's sub (U-Turn fails to break the Sub of both as well btw) and Gengar is immune to both of them. Hence if your opponent switches in a Lando-T on this Lopunny you have a good chance of getting a free switch into Gengar.
Since this is an offensive core, there isn't much defensive synergy, so team partners which can handle opposing Mons capable of revenge-killing them(like Talonflame or Scarf Keldeo for example) are recommended.
The sets can of course be changed to fit your team's needs, if you need some priority you can replace Substitute with Fake Out and using Gengar more as a stallbreaker with Taunt + Wisp is also an option in case your team struggles with stall.

Sets:
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Drain Punch
- Return
- Substitute

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Will-O-Wisp/Destiny Bond/Taunt
Gengar should have a 29 HP IV to minimize Life Orb Recoil, but sweet core otherwise.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
+

Sets:
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Drain Punch
- Return
- Substitute

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Will-O-Wisp/Destiny Bond/Taunt
Make taunt the first slash on gengar and HJK > Drain Punch imo, but at the very least slash HJK before DP. Nice core, I've used it a bunch.

Work has been kicking my ass, so sorry if this is a subpar write up, just let me know of any changes you see fit and I'll get on it.

The Classic CeleTran

+

The ever popular CeleTran core has been an amazing core since its inception in DPPt, and with good reason. These two cover each others weaknesses even to this day, and make an awesome core for any balanced team. Celebi can provide a number of roles, anywhere from Cleric, to Nasty/SD/AgiliPass. Celebi alone provides some key resistances to MANY of the threats over running OU in the current metagame such as Mega Lopunny, Mega Swampert, Breloom, non-Knock off (all 2 of them) Azumarill, Keldeo, Mega Slowbro, LatiTwins, Rotom-W, Thundurus and more. It can also Provide Heal Bell support, a much appreciated feat to balanced teams. Heatran is capable of easily setting up Stealth Rocks something that is very beneficial to all teams. It also helps in dealing with many of the Pokemon that can scare out Celebi or simply force a switch, such as other heatran, Ferrothorn, Talonflame, incoming U-Turns along with the few slugwaves running around, Scizor, provided you don't come in on a Superpower, Charizard Y, Charizard X not carrying EQ among others. With that said, there are still Pokemon capable of dealing with this core such as Superpower Mega Scizor, Mega Gardevoir (taunt or CM), Mega Pinsir, and Kyurem Black, so watch out for those. The resistances and immunities they provide for not only each other, but the team are nearly un-matched. The best part about it is, their sets can be customized to fit whatever your team needs. Need a physically and Specially defensive core? These two got you covered. Or a nastypasser with an additional special attacker? How about a Hazard setter and cleric? Here they are again! Cheesy-ness aside, these two have, and will likely continue, to make a great core for any balanced or defensive team.

Celebi

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Substitute / Heal Bell

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Heatran
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt / Roar

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Earth Power

These are set I've come to notice work well together, however, they can be mix and matched among their very many different sets.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
Work has been kicking my ass, so sorry if this is a subpar write up, just let me know of any changes you see fit and I'll get on it.

The Classic CeleTran

+

The ever popular CeleTran core has been an amazing core since its inception in DPPt, and with good reason. These two cover each others weaknesses even to this day, and make an awesome core for any balanced team. Celebi can provide a number of roles, anywhere from Cleric, to Nasty/SD/AgiliPass. Celebi alone provides some key resistances to MANY of the threats over running OU in the current metagame such as Mega Lopunny, Mega Swampert, Breloom, non-Knock off (all 2 of them) Azumarill, Keldeo, Mega Slowbro, LatiTwins, Rotom-W, Thundurus and more. It can also Provide Heal Bell support, a much appreciated feat to balanced teams. Heatran is capable of easily setting up Stealth Rocks something that is very beneficial to all teams. It also helps in dealing with many of the Pokemon that can scare out Celebi or simply force a switch, such as other heatran, Ferrothorn, Talonflame, incoming U-Turns along with the few slugwaves running around, Scizor, provided you don't come in on a Superpower, Charizard Y, Charizard X not carrying EQ among others. The resistances and immunities they provide for not only each other, but the team are nearly un-matched. The best part about it is, their sets can be customized to fit whatever your team needs. Need a physically and Specially defensive core? These two got you covered. Or a nastypasser with an additional special attacker? How about a Hazard setter and cleric? Here they are again! Cheesy-ness aside, these two have, and will likely continue, to make a great core for any balanced or defensive team.

Celebi

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Heatran
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Earth Power

These are set I've come to notice work well together, however, they can be mix and matched among their very many different sets.
Slash sub in from of Heal Bell, its generally more useful. SpDef tran should have 68 speed and Taunt slashed before roar, aside from that looking good.

The Classic CeleTran

+

The ever popular CeleTran core has been an amazing core since its inception in DPPt, and with good reason. These two cover each others weaknesses even to this day, and make an awesome core for any balanced team. Celebi can provide a number of roles, anywhere from Cleric, to Nasty/SD/AgiliPass. Celebi alone provides some key resistances to MANY of the threats over running OU in the current metagame such as Mega Lopunny, Mega Swampert, Breloom, non-Knock off (all 2 of them) Azumarill, Keldeo, Mega Slowbro, LatiTwins, Rotom-W, Thundurus and more. It can also Provide Heal Bell support, a much appreciated feat to balanced teams. Heatran is capable of easily setting up Stealth Rocks something that is very beneficial to all teams. It also helps in dealing with many of the Pokemon that can scare out Celebi or simply force a switch, such as other heatran, Ferrothorn, Talonflame, incoming U-Turns along with the few slugwaves running around, Scizor, provided you don't come in on a Superpower, Charizard Y, Charizard X not carrying EQ among others. The resistances and immunities they provide for not only each other, but the team are nearly un-matched. The best part about it is, their sets can be customized to fit whatever your team needs. Need a physically and Specially defensive core? These two got you covered. Or a nastypasser with an additional special attacker? How about a Hazard setter and cleric? Here they are again! Cheesy-ness aside, these two have, and will likely continue, to make a great core for any balanced or defensive team.

Celebi

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Substitute / Heal Bell

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Heatran
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt / Roar

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Also, this is just my opinion, but I think you should mention some threats to this core. It's actually pretty similar to VenuTran, so stuff like Mega Pinsir, Kyu-B, Superpower Mega Scizor, CM Mega Gardevoir (or Taunt Mega Gardevoir), etc.
Nice job :]

Slash sub in from of Heal Bell, its generally more useful. SpDef tran should have 68 speed and Taunt slashed before roar, aside from that looking good.
Also, this is just my opinion, but I think you should mention some threats to this core. It's actually pretty similar to VenuTran, so stuff like Mega Pinsir, Kyu-B, Superpower Mega Scizor, CM Mega Gardevoir (or Taunt Mega Gardevoir), etc.
Nice job :]
Went ahead and updated it with y'alls suggestions. :)
If there's anything else I may have missed let me know.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
+
or

Mega Sharpedo + Swords Dance Pass

this core is simply amazing and extremely anti-meta. dark / water / poison coverage is basically unresisted coverage i the ou metagame and sharpedo basically 2hko's the whole meta easely, and just plain out ohko's whole unprepared teams easy like nothing after receiving the boost. passing a boost to sharpedo is alse extremely easy to do as both gliscor and celebi has excellent longivity and bulk and sports nice defensive typing with sharpedo. this core is simple af, if the opposing team as a mon like keldeo/chesnaught u just wear them down a bit before u sweep. a nice check to sharpedo is basically breloom and conkeldurr nothing else really handles it that well, only choice band talonflame can revenge kill full hp sharpedom also twave is a nice way to deal with it.

here are some calcs which are just insane lol...

+2 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Mega Scizor: 309-364 (90 - 106.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 136+ Def Amoonguss: 500-590 (115.7 - 136.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 248-292 (76.7 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Mega Sharpedo Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 254-300 (66.8 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 258-304 (77.2 - 91%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 306-360 (86.9 - 102.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 280-330 (92.1 - 108.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 183-216 (46.4 - 54.8%) -- 62.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

this should easely show mega sharpedo can just dismantle any defensive pokemon in the meta, it basically just eats balanced and offensive teams alive.

here are some replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/frost-ou-1327552
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-202743646
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-203050326

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 192 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance

actually ill just give away the team cuz i just love this core too fuckin much, have fun!

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 148 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Stun Spore
- Spore

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Last edited:

blinkie

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ dank meme crew
Maybe mention Sharpedo also has problems with Toxicroak cause resists coverage and it also is immun to waterfall. Although Gliscor can also take care of it with EQ, so yeah pretty good core IMO.

Sup guys. Check out this mega altaria + terrakion core. This is a fantastic offensive core and both mons complement each other well. Altaria is a great DD sweeper but has one problem. Staples on the dd set are dd, frustration, and roost. Now, the last move is something like coverage or a support move. Using coverage like eq or fire blast doesn't take advantage of altaria's amazing defensive typing and natural bulk so it's generally a good idea to run supportive options like heal bell. That's where terrakion comes in. Terrakion is a fast fighting type that obliterates the steel types that wall altaria. SD LO terrakion does tremendous damage to mons like skarmory, ferro, and jirachi (ohkoing them at +2) and even hits poison types like venusaur and amoonguss. Altaria deals with mega sableye which is dominating the ladder and gives terrakion a hard but with heal bell, altaria has 2 roles: that of a sweeper and cleric.

To summarize, terrakion allows altaria to run a mono attacking set with team support options by dealing with altaria's checks and counters. Try this core out guys :] it appreciates an answer to unaware clefable and rocks support.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 80 HP / 204 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
Massive update time:

Defensive core, Latias/Heatran

These two provide a whole ton of defensive synergy, in addition to utility such as status abosrbtion, hazard control and phazing. Between the two, they resist almost everything - Heatran may have lost its dark resistance (a key aspect of this core in previous generations), but it gained a fairy resistance which is huge in the current metagame. Heatran is weak to fighting, water and ground, which Latias is either immune to or resists, whereas Latias is weak to bug, ice, fairy - Heatran resists all these x4 - along with dragon, which it resists too. Latias is hit super effective by dark and ghost types, which Heatran doesn't resist, but your team can easily remedy this by including an appropriate partner. Heatran also provides a neat x4 grass weakness, meaning Serperior can't touch it if it isn't running an appropriate Hidden Power.

This core has many other benefits beyond virtue of their typing. Heatran provides Stealth Rocks, which is always useful if not mandatory, and Latias provides Defog, which is extremely strong. Latias has the added benefit of being immune to Spikes/Toxic Spikes, meaning she can clear these for Heatran and her teammates without taking any damage. Heatran provides Roar, which is very useful given the popularity of boosting sweepers at the moment.

This core handles many top-tier threats, including, but not limited to; Clefable, Lopunny, Scizor, Lando-T (scarfed anyhow), Talonflame, Keldeo, opposing Heatran, Thundurus, Gardevoir, Venusaur, Excadrill, opposing Latias/Latios and M-Sceptile (but to name A-tier threats). It has trouble with certain Pokemon; non-scarfed Lando-T can be a pretty big deal, as U-Turns hurts Latias/Earthquake Heatran, but Latias can always smack is with a Draco Meteor if it switches into rocks. M-Heracross is a big threat to this core, OHKOing (but not outspeeding) both members. M-Gyarados can also be problematic, as are Pursuit variants of M-Metagross, but the number of threats this core covers far outweighs those it is threatened by.

Appropriate partners would include a strong physical wall, who can take on the likes of Heracross, Metagross and Gyarados. Skarmory jumps to mind, providing Spikes in addition to covering these threats, whilst Talonflame makes a decent offensive partner, taking on Heracross and Metagross.

Unsure on how to format the sets, but here they are;

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 160 HP / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
Nice core, adding.

Hi guys, i'm here again to show this fantastic defensive core, that's very good imo in ORAS stall.

First, Mega Altaria has an amazing typing, with only 4 weaknesses, a lot of resistance and dragon immunity, and with this set is capable to heal his mates and himself with Heal Bell and Roost, dealing a lot of neutral damage with STAB Pixielate Hyper Voice, and hitting hard ferrothorn with Fblast; 76 SDef to avoid the clean 2hko from LO Thundy Hp Ice, max hp, and the leftovers in Def.
BUT, she sucks against steel, and one of the best steel resistor is Slowbro, that also resist ice: he can enter for example on Excadrill, throwing a scald burning sb or just slack off without problems. He's also a check to scarflando-t, the real MVP of this meta.
Than Heatran protect the other guys to fairy spam, providing also the sr support and roar to destroy setuppers. Azu could be a problem to tran but we have a Slowbro.

Sets
Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Psyshock

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Toxic
Nice n' fat, adding.

This core was built with the objective to create a coverage against Charizard counters, this can be used supporting each type of the mega zards, such x and y, I thought about creating a way to check the charizard counters so it can set up and win the game for me, while this tree mons support each others, zard covers starmie weakness and raikou covers each zard and starmie weakness against electric types, there is a fourth pokemon that can be used with this core that is Lando-T, to give ground immunity, since this three mons are weak to ground.

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Reflect Type
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 28 SpD / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

--------------------------------

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Some of the sets and spreads are kinda sub optimal, and I dont really see too much too this core besides a spinner + zard, seems kinda simple.
I find this core to be pretty useful to use as a defensive core, it works wonders in balanced teams as they are not simply walls but tanks.They can cover a good portion of the OU meta defensively.

(Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect/Roar

(Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

(Venusaur) (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 232 HP / 248 SpA / 4 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Earthquake/Knock Off

These three Pokemon provide a bevy of resistances between them and the bulk to back it up. Heatran provides rock support for the team as well as an opportunity to eat up fire attacks and break common walls with Toxic. Heatran is specially defensive but still stops Talonflame, the up and coming Serperior ( as long as it has no HP ground ), and just about any other specially offensive pokemon without a super effective move. It runs into problems against Earth Power Heatran but can either switch out or roar away to get a little bit more rocks damage. Any ground types, Mega Metagross, Landorus' or Keldeo's may be covered by switching into either Rotom or Venusaur. Keldeo cannot do very much damage to Venusaur at all and it swiftly eliminated by Giga Drain. Rotom can even survive up to 3 Secret Swords as long as it is not Specs Keldeo after leftovers recovery due to defense investment. Rotom can burn or Hydro Pump landorus rendering it useless, as well as burn Metagross. Venusaur has respectable bulk even without defense investment and can be used to bait switch ins and deal dent (not chip) damage or KO's. Venusaur can easily handle Rotom as well. Knock Off can deal up to 60% to Latios on the switch in, HP Fire Can 2hko bisharp and ferrothorn, as well as OHKO Scizor and Mega Scizor barring bulky Mega Scizor. The average player might suspect that if you reveal Hp Fire, EQ, or Knock Off on Venusaur that there will be no other uncommon moves besides that one with allows you to sometimes deal massive damage to two of the targets that those moves are there for. I neglected to put Synthesis there on purpose due to the fact that Giga Drain provides restorative support and this set is used as a tank, not a wall. This core does however have a large weakness to Mega Medicham and Mega Gallade and Mega Lopunny. Return can 2hko Venusaur and Rotom, and a HJK, or CC from any of them OHKO's Heatran. HJK and CC 2hko Rotom as well from Medicham and Gallade. Due to this weakness this core appreciates having Defensive Landorus support, or even Defensive Arcanine as a partner to cripple and lower the attacks of these powerhouses. It isn't a perfect core but It leaves you well off enough defensively that 3 offensive threats added to this team can prove to be a headache for your opponent.
Standard.fwg, I'll add it.
A couple of cores to save us from the mass influx of Serperior cores :I

Defensive Core: Slowbro + Ferrothorn + Gliscor
+
+

The most basic of defensive cores with a good amount of variations so I'll slash some stuff here and there and boltsandbombers can take care of the rest I missed or just order around whatever. Slowbro helps check Zard-X, Talonflame, non Freeze Dry Mamoswine, Keldeo to a certain extent with Psyshock, and checks other threats depending on your coverage and status afflicting move. Ferrothorn gives a bit of cushion for M-Gardevoir, gives you a solid Dragon resist for moments you rather not have Gliscor and Slowbro taking Draco Meteors to the face, provides rocks, stops the core from getting stomped by Gyarados and its mega completely just to give you some ideas. Specially Defensive Gliscor gives you a check to the Landos, Gengar, Clefable, a ground immunity as well as a status / knock off absorber. SD can be used on Gliscor to help beat M-Sableye while Taunt is sort of needed for the core not to be insanely passive. Core needs checks to wall-breakers such as Char-Y and M-Gallade so stuff like M-Altaria to stall out the former and and M-Sableye for the latter can help with that. Unaware Clefable helps with physical attackers such as Swords Dance Garchomp and M-Heracross. HP Fire Kyurem-B is also the death of this core so making sure you're not too weak to wall-breakers by either adding offensive partners or another solid defensive backbone can help the core function more effectively for what it's suppose to be checking.
Slowbro @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock / Foul Play / Fire Blast
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave / Toxic

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball / Protect
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock / Spikes

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Acrobatics
- Roost / Swords Dance
- Taunt

Offensive Core: M-Altaria + Hydreigon + Magneton

+
+

Core is sort of similar to the M-Alt + Magnezone one however this one takes a more offensive approach with offensive M-Altaria, Life Orb Hydreigon, and Scarf Magneton. Only thing I can say ahead of time is the core is used on a Dragspam team so just use your imagination. Nothing too crazy to mention about M-Altaria besides having both its coverage moves and much more immediate power to sweep and wall-break at the cost of no recovery. M-Altaria also provides the Dragon immunity that is necessary for Hydreigon. Hydreigon's purpose is just to wall-break the majority of M-Altaria's checks such as Air Balloon Heatran and relieves the pressure from Magneton and M-Altaria to break both offensive and defensive steel types. With Greninja gone some people will opt to use Magnezone over Magneton for trapping Steel types along with a Fairy resist for Dragon types in this particular case. This would be fine if you weren't getting floored by Weavile and Talonflame in every scenario that M-Altaria can't get a boost hence why Magneton is being used over Magnezone with this particular core. If you have checks to these obviously feel free to use Magnezone with its standard spread that you can find on just about any core that has one in the thread.
Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Superpower

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

There you go. boltsandbombers feel free to slash whatever.
Added both, thanks as always n_n

Here's a pretty fun offensive core that I've created a team around. The idea is to break down the opposing team with Mega Metagross and Exploud, then clean up with Belly Drum Azumarill. Many users seem to believe that Mega Metagross is overpowered because of its high speed combined with its incredible strength. Mega Metagross's ability Tough Claws serves as an extra punch in the gut that allows Mega Metagross to consistently threaten offensive and defensive teams. Although the best coverage move for Mega Metagross in this core is Hammer Arm because it gives Mega Metagross the capability to break Ferrothorn, Heatran, Bisharp, and Non-Choice Scarf Magnezone. Thunderpunch would give the core the tool it needs to break through Slowbro and Specially Defensive Skarmory; Two Pokemon that can be problematic if left unchecked. Exploud is really unique, it can really pressure defensive teams because of its abuse of Boomburst and its ability, Scrappy. Nothing wants to switch into a 140 base, Choice Specs + STAB boosted attack. Although it's hindered by its low Speed, Exploud is still fast enough to outpace common walls. Exploud can also take a neutral hit because of its high HP and then dish out a deadly Boomburst. Belly Drum Azumarill is extremely deadly in the current metagame; with the proper support Azumarill can clean sweep late game due to the lack of defensive Pokemon / healthy defensive Pokemon. Due to the power creep of ORAS it's very difficult to prepare for everything. Azumarill is great at taking advantage of the lack of defensive mon's and the best part is that it just needs one free turn to pummel the opposition.
Exploud @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast
- Overheat
- Surf / Flamethrower

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm / Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
Sweet core, added.
+

Sets:
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- High Jump Kick/ Drain Punch
- Return
- Substitute

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt/Will-O-Wisp/Destiny Bond

E: Made the changes, thanks guys.
Added :]

The Classic CeleTran

+

The ever popular CeleTran core has been an amazing core since its inception in DPPt, and with good reason. These two cover each others weaknesses even to this day, and make an awesome core for any balanced team. Celebi can provide a number of roles, anywhere from Cleric, to Nasty/SD/AgiliPass. Celebi alone provides some key resistances to MANY of the threats over running OU in the current metagame such as Mega Lopunny, Mega Swampert, Breloom, non-Knock off (all 2 of them) Azumarill, Keldeo, Mega Slowbro, LatiTwins, Rotom-W, Thundurus and more. It can also Provide Heal Bell support, a much appreciated feat to balanced teams. Heatran is capable of easily setting up Stealth Rocks something that is very beneficial to all teams. It also helps in dealing with many of the Pokemon that can scare out Celebi or simply force a switch, such as other heatran, Ferrothorn, Talonflame, incoming U-Turns along with the few slugwaves running around, Scizor, provided you don't come in on a Superpower, Charizard Y, Charizard X not carrying EQ among others. With that said, there are still Pokemon capable of dealing with this core such as Superpower Mega Scizor, Mega Gardevoir (taunt or CM), Mega Pinsir, and Kyurem Black, so watch out for those. The resistances and immunities they provide for not only each other, but the team are nearly un-matched. The best part about it is, their sets can be customized to fit whatever your team needs. Need a physically and Specially defensive core? These two got you covered. Or a nastypasser with an additional special attacker? How about a Hazard setter and cleric? Here they are again! Cheesy-ness aside, these two have, and will likely continue, to make a great core for any balanced or defensive team.

Celebi

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Substitute / Heal Bell

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Heatran
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt / Roar

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Added!
+
or

Mega Sharpedo + Swords Dance Pass

this core is simply amazing and extremely anti-meta. dark / water / poison coverage is basically unresisted coverage i the ou metagame and sharpedo basically 2hko's the whole meta easely, and just plain out ohko's whole unprepared teams easy like nothing after receiving the boost. passing a boost to sharpedo is alse extremely easy to do as both gliscor and celebi has excellent longivity and bulk and sports nice defensive typing with sharpedo. this core is simple af, if the opposing team as a mon like keldeo/chesnaught u just wear them down a bit before u sweep. a nice check to sharpedo is basically breloom and conkeldurr nothing else really handles it that well, only choice band talonflame can revenge kill full hp sharpedom also twave is a nice way to deal with it.

here are some calcs which are just insane lol...

+2 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Mega Scizor: 309-364 (90 - 106.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 136+ Def Amoonguss: 500-590 (115.7 - 136.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 248-292 (76.7 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Mega Sharpedo Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 254-300 (66.8 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 258-304 (77.2 - 91%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 306-360 (86.9 - 102.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 280-330 (92.1 - 108.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 183-216 (46.4 - 54.8%) -- 62.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

this should easely show mega sharpedo can just dismantle any defensive pokemon in the meta, it basically just eats balanced and offensive teams alive.

here are some replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/frost-ou-1327552
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-202743646
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-203050326

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance

actually ill just give away the team cuz i just love this core too fuckin much, have fun!

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 148 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Stun Spore
- Spore

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
Sick core, added!

Sup guys. Check out this mega altaria + terrakion core. This is a fantastic offensive core and both mons complement each other well. Altaria is a great DD sweeper but has one problem. Staples on the dd set are dd, frustration, and roost. Now, the last move is something like coverage or a support move. Using coverage like eq or fire blast doesn't take advantage of altaria's amazing defensive typing and natural bulk so it's generally a good idea to run supportive options like heal bell. That's where terrakion comes in. Terrakion is a fast fighting type that obliterates the steel types that wall altaria. SD LO terrakion does tremendous damage to mons like skarmory, ferro, and jirachi (ohkoing them at +2) and even hits poison types like venusaur and amoonguss. Altaria deals with mega sableye which is dominating the ladder and gives terrakion a hard but with heal bell, altaria has 2 roles: that of a sweeper and cleric.

To summarize, terrakion allows altaria to run a mono attacking set with team support options by dealing with altaria's checks and counters. Try this core out guys :] it appreciates an answer to unaware clefable and rocks support.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarite
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack
+

SD TerrakTaria
The idea for this offensive core arose when a few of us were discussing what would wall Mega Gallade + Mega Altaria on a defensive team and naturally we had a really hard time coming up with reliable answers by virtue of their offensive synergy. Terrakion jumped to mind as a fast Fighting type which could take on a similar role wallbreaking to Mega Gallade (despite occupying a slightly lesser speed tier). SD LO Terrakion easily powers through the defensive steel types which enjoy walling DD Mega Altaria without Fire Blast such as Skarmory, Jirachi, Ferrothorn and Bronzong (all ohko'd at +2) as well as hitting Landorus-T extremely hard, allowing Altaria to clean through whatever remains with mono Fairy stab later in the game. SD LO Terrakion will also break through Poison types such as Amoonguss at +2 which give Altaria a hard time.

This allows Altaria to run a bulky mono attacking DD set and attempt a late game sweep. Mega Altaria's typing and access to Heal Bell also provides a very reliable answer to Mega Sableye (which is currently the dominant form of stall on the ORAS ladder) and allows Terrakion to shrug off any potential status. Unaware Clefable is a reasonable answer to this core (but is taken out with SR up) while Slowbro requires a little prior damage + SR for the OHKO with +2 LO Stone Edge. At the same time, Heal Bell Altaria is able to setup all over Slowbro without Ice Beam (which i don't believe will be common once Mega Mence gets the boot). Greninja with Gunk Shot and Dark Pulse (or even Spikes) would supplement this core by dealing with the aforementioned 'checks'.

(Advisable to run a bulkier spread but this was just a quick spread for testing with enough speed for Greninja at +1)

Altaria-Mega @ Altarite
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack
Hmmmm...

Here is a core for Serperior squads

Snake has problems with stuff like Tran and birds. Drill has problems with Landoge and stuff. So Snake + Drill = good because Drill beats commo counters to snake under sand and snake beats defensive Landoge and Rotom-W. Plus Snake can come in on Aqua Jet spammers like Azumarill. So yeah TTar also helps for sand it also can beat smogonbird which is pretty important. Snake has good speed tier so core doesn't get rekt by stuff like Keldeo outside sand, plus it wrecks all common rain mons. Oh yeah kinda watch out for well played Scarf Landoge it gets 2HKOd by Leaf Storm but can do up to 70% with U-turn which can easily kill considering sand + LO damage stacks. Also Loom can do up to 45% with Mach Punch so watch out. Rapid Spin on Exca is ok if you have no other hazard removers but otherwise run SD. Oh yeah watch out for Mamo it kinda kills everything but it has a hard time switching in, and Exca checks a ton of stuff like MLop in Sand.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Knock Off

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
I'm concerned with this core. Serperior has no recovery whatsoever in this set, and will be taking additional recoil from the sandstorm. Also, can anything really counter Heatran in this? Sure Tyranitar can come in, but it won't appreciate a burn from Lava Plume or WoW, or a Toxic. Or a Taunt if you want rocks. Tyranitar can't exactly do that much back other than 3HKO with Stone Edge (and that's assuming all 3 hit). Also, given that you said "watch out for xxxx" multiple times for several threats, its difficult to say that this is a good core. Serperior only really offers water coverage for the other two; its still weak to Fighting. I can see this being used in a team, but I'm having a difficult time considering this a true "core."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)