Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Outrage

Double Dragon time, baby! The spread on Mence is probably terrible, but the idea is to be as bulk as possible to set-up and sweep. 96 speed outpaces neutral nature base 100. 248 HP + 48 SpD lets it's sub not be broken by Rotom-W's Volt Switch. Rest goes into attack. My spread is probably bad, but meh. Kyu-B just absolutely wrecks anything that would stop Mence - Rotom-W eats an Earth Power, Ferrothorn gets worn down with Ice Beam, Zapdos eats Ice Beam. In general Kyu-B just softens the opponent up to open up a mence sweep. They can kind of switch into each other's attacks, but they both share a Rock- and Fairy-type weakness. Excadrill is a pretty swell partner to the team in that regard.

Tbh I really feel like this core is better as just SD Mega Sceptile / CB Talonflame; having 4 mons is a bit much imp.
I'll admit I went a bit over in terms of a core, as type wise the FWG core is solid by itself. Scizor just compliments it a ton. But in theory a whole team of 6 is in essence a 'core' as well.

Also SD Sceptile is horrible, please don't use it.

+
+
+

Mega Sceptile + Scizor + Rotom-W + Talonflame

Sceptile is a fast and dangerous mofo. I've found him to be most threatening on fast and powerful Volturn cores and to keep up good momentum. Sceptile handles Rotom's only weakness with aplomp, and Rotom takes the Ice and Flying attacks aimed at Sceptile, and use Volt Turn. Talonflame threatens with priority Brave Bird and can use Flare Blitz to take care of some annoying Steels that Sceptile may have trouble getting past like Ferrothorn (Focus Blast is 2HKO, if it hits, not factoring Protect/Leftovers). Finally Scizor is a great bulky Steel type that can Defog those annoying hazards away to keep switching manageable, has a powerful STAB U-Turn, and Bullet Punch is really helpful against Mega Altaria and a few other Fairy types.

I alternate between sets for everyone but Sceptile. Scizor is good with bulky Leftovers, Talonflame at times is great with Choice Band and better others with Swords Dance, and Rotom-W works well with either Specs or Scarf, otherwise Chestorest would provide pretty much your only means of absorbing status if you don't use a cleric. You obviously also want a good rock setter. Excadrill can both lay and spin allowing you to replace Defog on Scizor with Knock Off or Superpower. Landorus-T can also lay rocks and provide some serious physical bulk with Intimidate and also has U-Turn. Then of course there's mixed Greninja who can abuse U-Turn/Gunk Shot. Finally Infernape is the best Steel killer with a combination of Close Combat and Overheat.

I'm still working on the perfect balance. It's hard to constantly prep for varying threats right now in this unfocused meta.
Oh my god, Jaroda, I hate you a little...... I just theorymonned this core up myself as well and was either going to post about it, or sit on it and keep it secret. So far it's been incredible because of the overall utility and just sheer typing synergy they all provide each other. Personally, I love to use the Stallbreaker Talonflame with custom spread of my own (that are slightly less relevant until Pinsir rises again, as I'm sure it will... For those curious, it's 216 HP / 180 Atk / 24 SpD / 88 Spe with Sharp Beak; you always outspeed and OHKO 4 Def Mega Pinsir, with the HP going to the highest number before the next passive damage threshold and the rest thrown in SpD) for the overall utility to the team, pressuring with Taunt, and burning the ever-loving crap out of opponents. As you said, I'm finding VoltTurn is really helpful to Sceptile; even with its fancy resistances, it's still just really fragile and you need every hitpoint you can spare to absorb general priority. Yeah. Great core, and I hate you for posting it.

If I may ask though, what spread are you using for Scizor? I've been running the following in my last couple test battles:

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

That hits the fancy HP number, allows you to 2HKO "Utility" Gengar 100% of the time after Black Sludge (not including SR, since with you running Defog it's less likely to be up for the whole battle), and the rest go into SpD since my Rotom is physically defensive. I'm more just curious what other benchmarks you or others are aiming for, since the analysis only has a spread for Mega Defog Scizor as of now.

we don't have enough balance cores up in this joint so i'm takin it upon myself to contribute:

i'm not sure this core really needs much explanation, synergy-wise they're damn near perfect, and they handle a lot of threats really nice. i like the sr unaware + heal bell set as it keeps raik and gyara status free, but ur standard sr magic guard or even cm magic guard works hella nice as well. raikou is ass vest as ass vest is ass best. also it provides a secondary check to azu, meta, the latis, or venu/amoong, depending on the set. the gyara evs are different than the bulky analysis set as that set is fucking stupid (seriously who the hell needs to outspeed noivern at +1 when was that thing last relevant again?), anyway outspeeds ninja at +1 (altho you can run a lil more speed if you want to get the jump on weavile) and 2hkos offensive venu w/ crunch @ +1 (thank u gamefrick). rest is in hp because i like bulk. taunt is nice for shitting on mega sableye, sub is nice if you're a fan of being worn down quickly i guess and choose not to run heal bell on clef.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware/Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD or 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef
Bold/Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock/Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell/Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Moonlight/Soft-Boiled

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 120 HP / 176 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt/Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball/Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

replays from todays room tourney, including one where you get to see me choke like no tomorrow:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-179318380
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-179321677
supreme chokery -> http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-179325005

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

this core is completely dedicated to getting mence setup for a sweep, with not one, but two trappers. now, flying has great coverage, but it isnt ghost where everything is hit neutral. rock, steel, and electric types are what beat it, and the combination of dugtrio+magnezone shuts them all down. dugtrio also has access to memento, which allows mence a free turn. magnezone has volt switch, which can get mence in for free. there isnt really much to say about this core, other than that it is broken and mence needs to fuck off. also shoutouts to AM for using this core in his RMT
Salamence (M) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Atk / 44 Def / 48 SpD / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Roost
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Memento
You realize AM posted this same core on the first page, right?

I've been playing around a little with BP Lopunny and Memento Dugtrio. If I get something fun, I might post it.

Here is a Volt/Turn Offensive Core w/ Mega Beedrill included. Mega Beedrill + Magnezone are cool together, since they help deal with each other threats and Latios is there to support them. Latios has Defog to helps get rid of Hazards so Mega Beedrill and Magnezone don't take any passive dmg from Hazards when doing Volt/Turn. Latios also has EQ to surprise Heatran as well, freeing up Mega Beedrill and Magnezone to just keep volt/turning and ware down the opponent, and to just do shit ton w/ Draco + Psyshock. Knock Off > Drill Run on Mega Beedrill to eliminate any Shed Shell on Skarmory/Ferro switch ins or just passive recovery items in general and other things, so you can just U-Turn next turn to trap with Magnezone or wait for another opportunity to trap them as well if they do end up predicting a switch. Protect is there to help safely Mega and u-turn/poison jab to do a massive amount obv/ and it's stab. Scarf Magnezone is pretty self-explanatory as specs is worse imo since scarf provides more momentum and speed. anyways, everything was pretty self-explanatory but i thought i might as well explain just cuz ; enjoy .

(i also recommend rotom-w as a teammate as well since the core is weak to bird spam and sand offense, also adds to volt/turn)

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Defog

i'll post replays when i have time to head on showdown..i've made and used this core before this thread was made..so yea.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
we don't have enough balance cores up in this joint so i'm takin it upon myself to contribute:

i'm not sure this core really needs much explanation, synergy-wise they're damn near perfect, and they handle a lot of threats really nice. i like the sr unaware + heal bell set as it keeps raik and gyara status free, but ur standard sr magic guard or even cm magic guard works hella nice as well. raikou is ass vest as ass vest is as best. also it provides a secondary check to azu, meta, the latis, or venu/amoong, depending on the set. the gyara evs are different than the bulky analysis set as that set is fucking stupid (seriously who the hell needs to outspeed noivern at +1 when was that thing last relevant again?), anyway outspeeds ninja at +1 (altho you can run a lil more speed if you want to get the jump on weavile) and 2hkos offensive venu w/ crunch @ +1 (thank u gamefrick). rest is in hp because i like bulk. taunt is nice for shitting on mega sableye, sub is nice if you're a fan of being worn down quickly i guess and choose not to run heal bell on clef.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware/Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD or 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef
Bold/Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock/Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell/Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Moonlight/Soft-Boiled

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 120 HP / 176 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt/Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall

Raikou @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball/Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

replays from todays room tourney, including one where you get to see me choke like no tomorrow:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-179318380
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-179321677
supreme chokery -> http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-179325005
"sub is nice if you're a fan of being worn down quickly i guess" rofl. I want to confirm that this is actually a really good core in practice as I've been using the Gyara+Clef core with some other stuff. Something like scarf diggersby can also complement the core as well considering it helps with some weaknesses that both tend to have. After that the usual stuff that works like Magnezone, Goth, etc. is fine too.

I got a mega diancie core with talonflame to scare the steels away( and also mega sceptile, keldeo, and weaken offensive mons). The other partner is rotom wash because it deal with some popular earthquake and earth power spammers and water mons

Last edited:
Well, no one has posted this core (even though its immensely popular), so I guess I should post it.
I'm not sure where I saw this core being used but I've been using quite often on the ORAS OU ladder and it works quite well.

We all know M-Beedrill is very powerful. However, Beedrill has several flaws which keep it from being overpowered, two of them being Stealth Rocks and Steel types. While Drill Run is a nice coverage move on Beedrill, it cannot take out some very strong Steel types like Skarmory, Scizor and Ferrothorn. With Magnezone, this core provides a nice Volt-turn which aims to trap and kill Steel types which wall Beedrill. Latios rounds out this core, not only forming an old school DragMag core with Magnezone, but also removes Rocks for Beedrill to come in safely and sweep. Since this core centers around Beedrill, a good partner for this core is a check to Bird Spam. Hence, a good partner for this core would be Rotom-W or Defensive Lando-T.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run/Knock Off

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt/Hidden Power [Fighting]/Surf
- Defog
i literally just posted this core 3 posts above you. asdfghjkl;' q_q

Camerupt + Slowking + Ferrothorn = Camercore!

Here is a nice little FWG core that is also perfectly complimentary to Camerupt. Slowking is there to take on Scalds with his great SpD and also set up Trick Room for the core to take advantage of. Regenerator and Lefties let him come in multiple times. Ferrothorn is physically defensive with Rocky Helmet to deter physical attackers, and also throws a mean Gyro Ball. Leftovers also prompts switches, allowing Camerupt to come in easier and throw out those Sheer Force boosted attacks.

What's nice is that the other half of your team can be a separate core that doesn't require Trick Room to be effective. Although a Diancie wouldn't hurt to deter Fly Spam and set up additional Trick Room if needed.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Camerupt + Slowking + Ferrothorn = Camercore!

Here is a nice little FWG core that is also perfectly complimentary to Camerupt. Slowking is there to take on Scalds with his great SpD and also set up Trick Room for the core to take advantage of. Regenerator and Lefties let him come in multiple times. Ferrothorn is physically defensive with Rocky Helmet to deter physical attackers, and also throws a mean Gyro Ball. Leftovers also prompts switches, allowing Camerupt to come in easier and throw out those Sheer Force boosted attacks.

What's nice is that the other half of your team can be a separate core that doesn't require Trick Room to be effective. Although a Diancie wouldn't hurt to deter Fly Spam and set up additional Trick Room if needed.
Just curious, why slowking over slowbro? The physical bulk is significantly more useful in OU to handle threats such as talonflame, charizard X, terrakion, etc. Also, you need to post the sets of the 3 mons.

Just curious, why slowking over slowbro? The physical bulk is significantly more useful in OU to handle threats such as talonflame, charizard X, terrakion, etc. Also, you need to post the sets of the 3 mons.
As Slowking is his TR'r, Slowking is a much better TR setter than 'Bro due to NP

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Keldeo basically since you're playing with fire trying trying to predict between Secret Sword and Water move between the other two members.

Here's a Keldeo + Zapdos + Ferrothorn core that I think does very well in the current metagame. Since Greninja is such a big threat in this meta with Gunk Shot, Keldeo + Ferrothorn does a very good job of checking it. Gren usually runs one of HP fire and Grass Knot nowadays so you can scout for the coverage move and have a decent chance of winning against it. Zapdos is here because Mence and Tflame are pretty common and destroy the other two The good thing about this core over something niche like tentacruel is that you also get offensive presence, especially with Keldeo allowing you to break break through Chansey and Clef and Zapdos allowing you to break Mega Slowbro on top of the counters to Azu and checks to Scizor (underrated in this current meta). Mega Sableye is a bit of a problem if it starts CMing, but a fairy fits well with this core because if Gren does run HP fire + G-knot then Clef or Azu can check it easily.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-179747002

Run Toxic over Heat Wave btw. I had to fish for Para on the Mence because I didn't. You can usually Toxic Mence, even if it has Sub, through a bit a mind games. If you're afraid of a superbulkymence or something then run HP Ice or whirlwind.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 72 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Protect

Here is a nice little core I made featuring Crawdaunt + Mega Camerupt + Tangrowth, camerupt and crawdaunt are both wallbreakers, and they can beat up each other's counters, and are both great under trick room. Camerupt roasts skarmory and ferrothorn alive with fire blast, also beats chesnaught and breloom, counters and checks to crawdaunt respectively. Mega Camerupt also 2HKOes mega venusaur with fire blast. Crawdaunt can also knock off chansey's eviolite, and can 2HKO with crabhammer. Crawdaunt can also put a huge dent in Rotom-W, which is most people's #1 switchin for a certain camel. Camerupt can also weaken keldeo with earth power, allowing crawdaunt to finish it off. Tangrowth is here to create fire water grass core, and is a decent switch in for keldeo. Tangrowth is the second way of beating rotom-w, since giga drain does quite a lot. This core is best under trick room, but does not absolutely need trick room to function well.
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Will-O-Wisp/Hidden Power Grass

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 140 SpD / 36 SpA
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Fire

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch

Gorebyss (M) @ White Herb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Calm Nature
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Surf
- Ice Beam

The idea here is pretty basic. Gorebyss uses Shell Smash to pass boost to Metagross. Metagross then uses said boost to blitz the opposition. Ice Punch, Thunderbolt, and Earthquake gives Metagross all the coverage it needs and Meteor Mash is its lone STAB that happens to boost its Attack. Mega Metagross doesn't have to Mega evolve immediately after receiving the Shell Smash boost because of its excellent power in its normal forme. Its ability Clear Body could allow Metagross to eliminate Pokemon with abilities that could lower its stats, like Landorus-T (Intimidate) and Goodra (Gooey), before mega evolving. Having Pokemon who can eliminate phazers would be great since a Whirlwind or Roar would ruin the chain. You could also support this core with Dual Screens to bolster Metagross' defense to render means to KO it with priority moves useless (unless its Sucker Punch from a Dark-type Pokemon). Mega Metagross is extremely powerful, it has a decent defensive typing and an ability that allows it to take advantage of any boost, which is why I've been having great success using this. So I thought it would be great to share this core.

This core started out when I decided I wanted to use Mega Diancie (no mega diancie sprite that i could find). After searching for days for a pokemon with good synergy with Diancie I came across ferrothorn. Ferrothorn resists all Diancie's weaknesses while in return Diancie resists Ferrothorn's cripling fire weakness. So far this core was fairly weak to Keldeo (though after mega evolving diancie can revenge kill it) and it appreciated a fighting resist to cover for ferrothorn. Latias was the perfect choice, completing the fairy + steel + dragon type core and covering the two things I have just described. I chose Latias over Latios due to her higher bulk which makes it a more reliable Keldeo check. Latias came with the added bonus of providing defog support which I decided to capitalise on by adding Talonflame since so far I had nothing that really destroys teams (basically no real wincon). I had Diancie who is a decent wallbreaker, is fairly powerful but can't really sweeper unless circumstances allow it, I had ferrothorn who is a defensive untillity poke and I had latias who comes in and drops dracos while being slightly hampered offensively due to her defogging duties. Talonflame is also good because Diancie and Ferrothorn both deal well with Talonflame's checks and counters.

Edit: Thanks Stallion for pointing out my mistaken IVs for diancie. Fixed now.

Die! (ancie) (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 12 Atk / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Ferrotroll (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave

Lati@s (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Smogon Bird (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Last edited:

Here is a nice little core I made featuring Crawdaunt + Mega Camerupt + Tangrowth, camerupt and crawdaunt are both wallbreakers, and they can beat up each other's counters, and are both great under trick room. Camerupt roasts skarmory and ferrothorn alive with fire blast, also beats chesnaught and breloom, counters and checks to crawdaunt respectively. Mega Camerupt also 2HKOes mega venusaur with fire blast. Crawdaunt can also knock off chansey's eviolite, and can 2HKO with crabhammer. Crawdaunt can also put a huge dent in Rotom-W, which is most people's #1 switchin for a certain camel. Camerupt can also weaken keldeo with earth power, allowing crawdaunt to finish it off. Tangrowth is here to create fire water grass core, and is a decent switch in for keldeo. Tangrowth is the second way of beating rotom-w, since giga drain does quite a lot. This core is best under trick room, but does not absolutely need trick room to function well.
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Will-O-Wisp/Hidden Power Grass

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 140 SpD / 36 SpA
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Fire
Any reason for the Tangrowth EVs? Seem pretty specific, otherwise I feel you're better off dumping everything into SpD.

This core started out when I decided I wanted to use Mega Diancie (no mega diancie sprite that i could find). After searching for days for a pokemon with good synergy with Diancie I came across ferrothorn. Ferrothorn resists all Diancie's weaknesses while in return Diancie resists Ferrothorn's cripling fire weakness. So far this core was fairly weak to Keldeo (though after mega evolving diancie can revenge kill it) and it appreciated a fighting resist to cover for ferrothorn. Latias was the perfect choice, completing the fairy + steel + dragon type core and covering the two things I have just described. I chose Latias over Latios due to her higher bulk which makes it a more reliable Keldeo check. Latias came with the added bonus of providing defog support which I decided to capitalise on by adding Talonflame since so far I had nothing that really destroys teams (basically no real wincon). I had Diancie who is a decent wallbreaker, is fairly powerful but can't really sweeper unless circumstances allow it, I had ferrothorn who is a defensive untillity poke and I had latias who comes in and drops dracos while being slightly hampered offensively due to her defogging duties. Talonflame is also good because Diancie and Ferrothorn both deal well with Talonflame's checks and counters.

Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave

Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
Gyro Ball and Thunder Wave on the same set is generally not the greatest idea, since Gyro Ball's power drastically decreases if the enemy is slowed. Also try Psyshock over HP Fire, since you need a more defensive check to Fighting Types that doesn't involve nuking them with DM.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave

Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
Is there a particular reason for 30 SAtk/30 SDef IVs on Diancie?

Is there a particular reason for 30 SAtk/30 SDef IVs on Diancie?
Because real men sabotage their IVs so they only win by skill. Whoops thanks for catching that. Before I knew Diancie got earth power by move tutor I was using hp ground and I forgot to change the IVs. Fixed now.
Gyro Ball and Thunder Wave on the same set is generally not the greatest idea, since Gyro Ball's power drastically decreases if the enemy is slowed. Also try Psyshock over HP Fire, since you need a more defensive check to Fighting Types that doesn't involve nuking them with DM.
Advice noted though on my team with the diancie core I already have decent defensive check to fighting types besides Latias. As for Gyro Ball + Thunder Wave on ferrothorn I know t wave decreases gyro ball's power but rarely would I use gyro ball on a poke I just paralysed. T wave is for crippling switch ins and pokes that rely on speed while gyro ball is so I am not a sitting duck after taunt.

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Offensive core:
+
+

Metagross, Dragonite and Greninja support each other really well, luring and defeating things that would otherwise wall the other pokemons of the core. Metagross baits Slowbro and Landorus-Therian, and defeats them both with Grass Knot and Ice Punch. Greninja baits Ferrothorn and defeats it with Hidden Power Fire. It also sets up spikes/toxic spikes, and beats Skarmory, who troubles Metagross and Dragonite. After Metagross and Greninja have removed Dragonites counters and checks, it can set up a Dragon Dance and clean up.

Sand Rush Excadrill is a threat in the sand, so a good teammate would be something that counters it (I personally like Zapdos for this, because it also provides Defog support and does well against Salamence-Mega). Charizard-Mega X can easily sweep after one Dragon Dance, so Quagsire is a good teammate as well. Quagsire also defeats Manectric-Mega, whom outspeeds the whole core and hits all members super effectively.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Grass Knot
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes

Some moves can be changed to bait and defeat other stuff, like Fire Punch on Dragonite for Ferrothorn, or Gunk Shot on Greninja for Fairy-type pokemons and Chansey.

Any reason for the Tangrowth EVs? Seem pretty specific, otherwise I feel you're better off dumping everything into SpD.
Yeah, I made them up myself. 248 HP is meant for overall bulk, 80 defense is used so I'm not 2HKOed by keldeo's secret sword, and then I put 36 special attack so won't be a complete waste under trick room, and the rest in special defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)