Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rocky Helmet usage must be because of Mega Kangaskhan. When combined with Rough Skin/Iron Barbs, Mega Kanga ends up losing half its health in one turn. As for Skarmory, it should be able to simply Roost off the damage as Kangaskhan kills itself.

Is there a way of getting Encore, Aqua Jet, and Belly Drum on Azumarill all at the same time? Encore + Aqua Jet looks like it can pass down via Dewgong, but I can't figure out all three?
Unless the new change to the breed mechanics allows both the male and female to each pass down moves simultaneously.

Is there a way of getting Encore, Aqua Jet, and Belly Drum on Azumarill all at the same time? Encore + Aqua Jet looks like it can pass down via Dewgong, but I can't figure out all three?
Unless the new change to the breed mechanics allows both the male and female to each pass down moves simultaneously.
Females can now pass down Egg moves too.

Hi! I'm new here, is there any other way I can teach Sucker Punch to my Shiftry other than transferring one from BW? Thanks. :)

Question about EV training. I've never EV trained a Pokemon, and I'm playing the soccer minigame in Super Training. If ST tells me I can't use anymore punching bags to boost a stat, does that mean it's maxed? I guess what I'm asking is if I were to level my Shroomish (want to use a Breloom on my team) to level 100 would it have the max possible attack and speed?

Ex -> 252 Atk/252 Speed/4Hp

Question about EV training. I've never EV trained a Pokemon, and I'm playing the soccer minigame in Super Training. If ST tells me I can't use anymore punching bags to boost a stat, does that mean it's maxed? I guess what I'm asking is if I were to level my Shroomish (want to use a Breloom on my team) to level 100 would it have the max possible attack and speed?

Yes and maybe. You properly trained EV's to get the maximum amount of speed and attack you can get from ev's. But if you didn't maximize your iv's by chain breeding, and you don't have the right nature, (Jolly for speed, Adamant for attack) your attack and speed won't be maximized to its fullest potential.

Use this as a good reference if you need help breeding http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/breeding-perfect-pokemon-in-pokemon-x-y.3490432/

Last edited:
Sneasel is Field Group, you can get it with a Smeargle parent.

Field Group pokemon are the easiest, by far, to get Egg Moves for thanks to the existence of Smeargle.
Could you explain that? I don't think any pokemon knows Ice Punch in the wild, and waiting for one to use it seems very luck based. Is there a more surefire way to get Ice Punch onto a smeargle?

Could you explain that? I don't think any pokemon knows Ice Punch in the wild, and waiting for one to use it seems very luck based. Is there a more surefire way to get Ice Punch onto a smeargle?
What's they're saying is that if you can get Smeargle to sketch the move you can breed for it right away. If not, try this:
Hitmonchan/Medicham (learn it naturally) > Buneary > Sneasel
Tyrouge/Hitmonchan should be find-able in the Friend Safari, and Meditite can be found in Connecting Cave.
Edit: or just follow kefkakrazy's instructions below, it's probably easier.

Last edited:
Get a Pokemon that already knows Ice Punch (Jynx in the ice cave does if you can't find any others) and take them to a double battle in Restaurant Le Nah/Yeah/Wow. Le Nah is probably the easiest since it's cheap and the enemies are super low level.

Ice Punch some poor sucker then have Smeargle sketch it.

EDIT: For anyone who reads this later, I later realized that I was advocating players running around creating artwork of horrible abuses of low-level pokemon.

Not really an issue, just an observation.

Last edited:
Would Moody Smeargle w/ Protect, Sub, Acupressure and [attack that damages] be reliable in battle maison? sure he'd be +6 in everything, but with base 20 for attacking I'm wondering if I'd be better off with Moody Octillery.
This assumes a successful Entrainment Durant lead.

Lol, that would be a fun set just for the giggles. With an adamant nature with full attack investment, a +6 smeargle would reach 608 which isn't terrible. Not sure what would be optimal to spam though. There are far better entrainment strats out there though. Dragonite is very common w/ multiscale and dragon dance

Last edited:
Would Moody Smeargle w/ Protect, Sub, Acupressure and [attack that damages] be reliable in battle maison? sure he'd be +6 in everything, but with base 20 for attacking I'm wondering if I'd be better off with Moody Octillery.
Lol, that would be a fun set just for the giggles. With an adamant nature with full attack investment, a +6 smeargle would reach 608 which isn't terrible. Not sure what would be optimal to spam though. There are far better entrainment strats out there though. Dragonite is very common w/ multiscale and dragon dance
Try using this:

Durant@Choice Scarf
Ability: Truant
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 whatever
-Entrainment
-Iron Head
-X-Scissor
-Superpower

Smeargle@Leftovers
Ability: Moody
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 whatever
-Spore
-Substitute
-Protect
-Baton Pass

<insert sweeper here>

Although I suppose you could just as easily run a Nasty Plot/Protect/Double Team/Flash Cannon Mega Lucario with that Durant. I think it works a bit better too.

Yes that means that particular EV is maxed out. What Hidious is saying is that you still need perfect IV's and a speed boosting nature (if a +speed nature is your preffered choice) to reach the absolute maximum speed for that particular 'Mon.

Assume I have Sticky Web up and a Clawitzer with a Mild nature and 252 Speed IVs. What speed tier (or notable things in particular) can Clawitzer outspeed?

Assume the same scenario, except Clawitzer has no Speed IVs. What can Clawitzer outspeed now?

I ask not because I am lazy, but I pretty much blow at knowing pokemon speed tiers and never used a speed calculator.
Next page repost.

Drapion may serve the attacker position better. Not only does it have vastly superior stats, with its ability, Shell Armor, you will not have to worry about Critical Hits breaking your sub or scoring a surprise K.O. while you try and set up a sub. X-Scissor would be the most powerful move for coverage, while Rock Slide would be the next best thing (but carries a chance to flinch, which may be nice with your boosted speed). You could also change it to Iron Tail once Pokebank comes out.

About Clawitzer:

Mild with 252 Speed hits 217 Speed. With Sticky Web support, it is able to outspeed anything with 325 speed and under, which equates to fully invested Base 113 with a neutral Speed nature, or a fully invested Base 98 with a boosting Speed nature. Notable examples of such Pokemon are:

-Timid Hydreigon
-Jolly Haxorus
-Jolly Kyurem-B
-Modest Latios
-Bold Latias
-Adamant Mega Kangaskhan
-Adamant Mega Lucario
-Adamant Garchomp
-Modest/Bold Volcarona

But you miss out on:

-Timid Volcarona
-Hasty Genesect
-Jolly/Timid Mega Lucario
-Jolly Mega Kangaskhan
-Modest Starmie
-Modest Alakazam
-Jolly/Timid Victini/Celebi/Mew
-Adamant Weavile
-neutral Greninja

So you might as well run a Timid nature on Clawitzer or something, it's Speed is that underwhelming with Sticky Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)