Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Rain Dish
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe
-Substitute
-Toxic
-Rapid Spin
-Scald

The idea of this core is to set up the Lucario sweep. Mamoswine takes out Landorus, Gliscor, Dragons, Breloom, Virizion, Torandus, Thundurus-T, Venasaur, and anything else weak to ice shard. Tentacruel counters all the scary fighting and fire types throwing attacks at Mamo and Lucario, and can sub up and spread toxic/burn at anything else. It also can poison Volcarona and wear it down with scald. The only pokemon not easily countered by this core that I can think of off the top of my head are Jellicent, Celebi, Conkeldurr, Genesect, Reuniclus, Scarf-Jirachi, Keldeo, and Vaporeon. Not bad for just 3 pokemon if I do say so myself! This core is versatile enough to be very successful in rain and hail (I've used it in both to good extent) or just weatherless. Thundurus-T is a great addition to this core for its ability to OHKO most of the pokemon on that short list of threats. Stealth Rock support is also helpful for Lucario to sweep more effectively.
Anyways, that's my core! I like it because it's not too standard or common but it still wreaks havoc on most of the metagame.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Justified
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Bullet Punch
-Extremespeed

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Thick Fat
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Superpower
-Icicle Crash

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Rain Dish
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe
-Substitute
-Toxic
-Rapid Spin
-Scald

The idea of this core is to set up the Lucario sweep. Mamoswine takes out Landorus, Gliscor, Dragons, Breloom, Virizion, Torandus, Thundurus-T, Venasaur, and anything else weak to ice shard. Tentacruel counters all the scary fighting and fire types throwing attacks at Mamo and Lucario, and can sub up and spread toxic/burn at anything else. It also can poison Volcarona and wear it down with scald. The only pokemon not easily countered by this core that I can think of off the top of my head are Jellicent, Celebi, Conkeldurr, Genesect, Reuniclus, Scarf-Jirachi, Keldeo, and Vaporeon. Not bad for just 3 pokemon if I do say so myself! This core is versatile enough to be very successful in rain and hail (I've used it in both to good extent) or just weatherless. Thundurus-T is a great addition to this core for its ability to OHKO most of the pokemon on that short list of threats. Stealth Rock support is also helpful for Lucario to sweep more effectively.
Anyways, that's my core! I like it because it's not too standard or common but it still wreaks havoc on most of the metagame.
I've been looking for a way to sweep with Lucario one of my favorite mon's :)
Doesn't look that bad at all. I think I'll try it thanks :)

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Dog (Stoutland) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Pursuit

+

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SAtk / 112 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Thunder / Sleep Talk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

This is a core I've been using alot recently, and it works incredibly well. The basic idea is to trap steel types with Magnezone, Pursuit trap ghosts with Stoutland / some other Pursuit trapper on your team, and then wreak havoc by spamming Stoutland's Return. This core is weak to fighting types in general, as well as steel types with Shed Shell (Skarmory and Ferrothorn mostly.) Sand is neccessary for Stoutland to work in OU, Hippowdon is the preffered partner, because it dosen't magnify your fighting-type weakness, adds some nice bulk, and it's not weak to the increasingly popular Dugtrio. A pursuit trapper is quite a nice teammate, taking a bit of pressure off Stoutland to get rid of Ghost types. But a defensive pivot is a great alternative, you can switch it in on the opposing Gengar (this is just an example), then Volt Switch back out to Stoutland and Pursuit trap. Specially Defensive Rotom-W is and ideal defensive pivot for this type of scenario, but Specially Defensive Zapdos works if you don't want to make yourself even weaker to Breloom. You can find some examples of this core being used: here and here.

That is a very nice offensive duo The Great Mighty Doom!

Anyway this is a core i thought of to support my favourite pokemon Latias.

Latias @ Leftovers | Levitate
Timid | 252 Hp / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm Mind | Substitute | Recover | Dragon Pulse

Breloom @ Fight Gem | Technician
Adamant | 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Spore | Swords Dance | Bullet Seed | Mach Punch

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf| Levitate
Timid| 4 Hp / 4252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump | Volt Switch | Trick | Hidden Power [Ice]

Ok so this is an offensive core as you should be able to tell. Substitue+ Calm Mind Latias is a great late game sweeper and often has an easy time setting up due to having great bulk Calm Mind and Recover. However This Latias is walled quite easily by Chansey, Blissey, Ferrothorn and Tyranitar. Breloom is able to set up on all of these pokemon being able to outspeed all of them except Choice Scarf T-tar (who is mauled by Mach Punch anyway) and proceed to Spore on them. Breloom can then easily set up a Swords Dance and start dishing out some serious damage to your opponents team. If Breloom doesnt get a clean sweep he would of still probally beaten down these walls to help aid Latias to clean up. However although these two pokemon can break through most defensive mons they are absolutely helpess to a few offensive pokemon. Mamoswine and apposing dragons like Dragonite really give these two trouble and thats where Rotom-W comes. Due to the cores Ice-type weakness Rotom-W often has a lot of chances to switch in taking minimal damage while doing so. Mamoswine who is usaully baited to go for Ice Shard is outsped and beaten by Rotom-Ws Hydro Pump. The same goes for Dragonite who is outsped and beaten by Hidden Power [Ice]. Volt Switch is useful to gain momentum which is absolutely huge for a core like this because it potentially gives Breloom or Latias more set up oppurtunites. Finally using Trick to lock an opponent into an unfavourable move is also good because it gives Latias and Breloom more st up oppurtunities. A rare but good example is when my opponent has a grass type in and i no longer need Rotom-W i can Trick them the Choice Scarf so when they ko Rotom-W they are locked into a Grass-type move. Breloom and Latias both resist Grass-type moves and can use that to either set up, Spore or Substitute. Rotom-W also handles Skarmory who can annoy the core and can also handle Tornadus-T to an extent. This core also does quite well against rain offense since all of them resist Water and they get a lot of super effeective coverage on a lot of rain pokes with Volt Switch and Bullet Seed.

If need be Sp Def Rotom-W works amazing in the core as well and so does Psyshock>Substitute on Latias.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
How does the core deal with stuff like Scarf Genesect / Latios? Or even RP Gene, since it kind of sweeps that core. Latias can't hope to always live U-turn from Scarf Gene since players who prefer to OHKO Latias will run 112 atk evs, which always KO's after rocks. Bug Buzz / TBolt also hurts Rotom-W for the 2HKO, and don't even get started with Giga Drain. Naive Gene lives FG Mach from Breloom at +0. The core looks solid, really, but it looks so Gene weak. Also, Dragonite at +1 / +2 looks like a problem. They often run lum, and you're best bet is to scarf HP Ice on Rotom-W I guess, but I don't know.

How about instead of Breloom, you ran something like Genesect? It would be a better Dragon counter for the core, checks opposing Gene, and has great synergy with both Latias and Rotom-W. You could make Gene scarfed (and make Rotom-W bulky attacker) or simply make Gene an EB bluff set (or even RP) and I feel it would be more solid. I know you like the fighting typing in order to beat special wall, but you could either add Terrakion or simply make Gene mix attacking with Iron Head (to hit Blissey / TTar / Terrakion harder) and you can easily eliminate steel types with flamethrower, which is more effective vs. Ferro than Mach anyway.

It looks solid, but it looks Dragon weak / Gene weak, and since those are the most common Pokemon found on offensive teams (which are also the most common type of teams), I just feel Gene would be more benefitial. GL with the core!
gl

Yes the core is quite gene weak if you have a Choice Scarf user you can run Sp Def Rotom-W which helps. against Genesect a bit. I have been running this on a rain team as of now and i use ScarfToed as a revenge killer which also helps againt dragons. This frees up room for bulky Rotom-W. Genesect does have some good uses in this core especially with Rotom-W making a Volt Turn combo so i will try it.

so what else have people been using?

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Oh, and a suggestion. Take the 4 evs out of HP and put them into defense if you're using Scarf Rotom-W, that way Genesect does minimal damage on the U-turn out. Also, running specially defensive Rotom-W, however good of a fix, makes fast dragons a bigger issue since DNite can now set up on Rotom-W and Scarf Mence / Lati@s can no longer be revenged (since LO damage / sand damge racks up).

Scarf Politoed, however nice at revenging dragons, can't take dragon hits on the switch and that is the issue I guess with that core. If you're running rain, try adding CM Jirachi or a steel type since if you don't pack one, since Dragon types will easily shit on the core. Also, just for deh lols, Scarf Kyreum-B murders that core at 100% (since I'm sure it lives Mach). Jirachi on the rain team could provide rocks, so defenetly try that.

As for other cores others (or myself) are using, I really like the pairing of Gene / Rotom-W / Latios (or Latias). The core is strong because Genesect and Rotom-W really work well together, with Genesect's amazing coverage it can remove problematic steel types or simply revenging opposing Dragons that harm the Lati partner, and U-turn spam alongside Rotom-W. Rotom-W is what makes dealing with Torn-T a bit easier, as it's resistance is duely noted. Finally, Latios can pretty much spam powerful Dracos on the entire team. It works great with SR support, so things like Aerodactyl (who don't mind Tyranitar leads so much, which Latios hates) is a good partner for my mentioned core:

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 138 Hp / 144 SAtk / 4 Def / 224 Spe

~ Hydro Pump
~ Volt-Switch
~ Will-O-Wisp / TWave / HP Ice
~ Rest

The evs look complicated, but I wouldn't really say so. It's bulk is nesessary to combat Torn-T, while the timid + speed investment hit 290, outspeeding Jolly Mamoswine, Adamant Gliscor (f u substitute spam), Jolly Breloom, Bulky Rotom-W, and Adamant Lucario. It doesn't have as much oomph as modest, but I've never missed it before. Outspeeding Gliscor and Mamoswine are just so important to me, since Mamo can superpower and substitute spam oftens leads to that one crucial Hydro miss. Can also WoW Breloom (or Hydro for 2HKO on Technician set).

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
Nature: Naive (f u Mach Punch)
EVs: 112 Atk / 144 SAtk / 252 Spe

~ U-turn
~ Flamethrower
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt / Iron Head

Evs OHKO Latias, screw missing the KO. Also makes Iron Head stronger, if you're looking for an attack to mess with Blissey and Terrakion. Ice Beam is kinda required since it MUST revenge Dragons, one of it's best merits. Also, Flamethrower can be replaced, but even rain teams appreciate hitting Ferro hard, and Flamethrower does that even in rain. U-tun also required for spam abuse.

Latios @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe

~ Draco Meteor
~ Psyshock
~ Surf
~ Trick / Roost

Nothing special here, roost if you opt for no specs.

gl

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Superpower

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I find that this core works pretty well in this metagame. Politoed is a given imo for this core since rain really helps Feraligatr and Keldeo both sweep and/or punch holes midgame. I gave Politoed HP Grass > Surf since I find killing Gastrodon more important for this core. IMO, the best way to succeed with this core is to find which pokemon, Feraligatr or Keldeo, can sweep the easiest and work from there to set either pokemon up. Both Feraligatr and Keldeo generally have similar counters such as Latias, so this works in favor usually to wear down the opposing team. Some general advice I find useful for this team is to send Feraligatr against a pokemon that cannot KO Feraligatr but can do enough to put it into near Torrent range. Also, Feraligatr can actually take on Jellicent and Ferrothorn at +2. The HP EVs really help with setting up SD in this case since Feraligatr isn't bulky for the most part. SR is really useful for this core although that goes for almost every team in OU atm. Keldeo is also a scary threat in the current metagame due to its fantastic speed, and special attack, which coupled with rain provides a double STAB Hydro Pump to work off of. It's a good idea to carry other pokemon that wear down the opposing team because Keldeo and Feraligatr often can't sweep by themselves. Other than that, I advise all of you to try this core out because it works great in this metagame and really showcases an underused pokemon that still works amazingly despite its RU status.

PryorConvictions said:
Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Superpower

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I find that this core works pretty well in this metagame. Politoed is a given imo for this core since rain really helps Feraligatr and Keldeo both sweep and/or punch holes midgame. I gave Politoed HP Grass > Surf since I find killing Gastrodon more important for this core. IMO, the best way to succeed with this core is to find which pokemon, Feraligatr or Keldeo, can sweep the easiest and work from there to set either pokemon up. Both Feraligatr and Keldeo generally have similar counters such as Latias, so this works in favor usually to wear down the opposing team. Some general advice I find useful for this team is to send Feraligatr against a pokemon that cannot KO Feraligatr but can do enough to put it into near Torrent range. Also, Feraligatr can actually take on Jellicent and Ferrothorn at +2. The HP EVs really help with setting up SD in this case since Feraligatr isn't bulky for the most part. SR is really useful for this core although that goes for almost every team in OU atm. Keldeo is also a scary threat in the current metagame due to its fantastic speed, and special attack, which coupled with rain provides a double STAB Hydro Pump to work off of. It's a good idea to carry other pokemon that wear down the opposing team because Keldeo and Feraligatr often can't sweep by themselves. Other than that, I advise all of you to try this core out because it works great in this metagame and really showcases an underused pokemon that still works amazingly despite its RU status.
This core looks good, though I don't see why double Scarfs are needed; maybe try Politoed in a more defensive role? Anyway I would probably pack Ferrothorn along with that core to stack hazards and give you a Lati twins check. Also, Gatr wants Waterfall over crunch and Mystic Water over Life Orb, because you need Waterfall as superpowerfull STAB, and a Hp-Draining item makes little sense for a Pokemon who you're using often with <33% Hp, as you try and bait attacks to draw it down to Torrent range. Anyway, on to this core:

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD
-Swords Dance
-Rock Polish
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Ice Punch

This core works very well in a meta where most defensive teamslots are devoted to checking Rain. Any stall teams still around are wrecked, Swords Dance up with both and sweep through teams. Offense is also easy, as Rock Polish Terrakion outruns all of the meta and just gets those kills with Rock Gem+Stone Edge, while Luke uses Extremespeed to move first. The sets are easy: Double Dance Rock Gem Terrakion is one of the Meta's biggest threats, able to outrun almost anything or break through just about anything with a Rock Gem and Swords Dance boosted Stone Edge. Luke runs it's standard set, Adamant for full power, Life Orb for power, Swords Dance, Close Combat for STAB, Extremespeed for strong prio and Ice punch for coverage. This teams loves hazard support and doesn't really mind hazards on its own side, but both fear Mach Punch from Breloom, so I would probably bring a counter, like Celebii. Overall, a very potent core.

Feraligatr / Keldeo / Politoed core
Just want to echo this core as being pretty good, I used it for the dark horse challenge and had a lot of fun with it. Crunch is absolutely necessary over waterfall because breaking Jellicent is one of Feraligatr's best traits. Could probably run specs Politoed instead of scarf to have an easier time breaking down the other team, but I personally love scarf Politoed if I'm going to be forced to use a Politoed so I would stick with scarf too!

Anyways I don't want to just post to talk about how cool someone else's post was so I will add a core I used on my other dark horse team, Deoxys-D and Sub-Disable Gengar.

Gengar @ Leftovers
Timid | Levitate | 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
Shadow Ball / Focus Blast / Substitute / Disable

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Timid | Pressure | 252 Spe / 252 HP / 4 Def
Stealth Rock / Spikes / Magic Coat / Night Shade

Pretty simple but really fun to use, Deoxys lays hazards and is the best lead in the game while also being able to come in later to set up hazards again if need be. Gengar is the best offensive ghost which lets him spin block, and the sub disable set forces so many switches to rack up entry hazard damage. Gengar is also just really good at finishing off weakened teams. I used this in conjunction with CB Heracross to further punch holes in opposing teams as well as offering me a fantastic switch in to Blissey / Chansey, two things Gengar can't deal with, and a Gliscor Lure since Gengar loves to set up on Gliscor. I'm sure most really strong physical attackers would fit nicely with these two, all you really need is something to handle dedicated special walls and you should be able to weaken teams for your clean up pokemon very easily.

Neliel

Sacred Sword

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Brick Break
- Bulk Up

Gliscor @ Flying Gem
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance

acrobatics time!

Ok so, as you can see we have 2 strong acrobatics abusers. Tornadus after one Bulk up can do a lot of damage thanks to his strong stab, brick break is for the coverage. i opted here to taunt to avoid being phazed by skarmory or hippowdown, and generally to taunt some recover user to stall me out. Its a great pokemon, and even with 100 base atk can be painfull. Renegerator here helps to attempt even more than only one sweep. Its also cool because Ice shard and Bullet punch wont ko you after a bulk up, so u can troll Scizor and Mamoswine. It can be used under rain to fake a special set, but its not a must, it can be used in any type of team. Now, looking at gliscor, it may seem strange that it doesnt have Earthquake, but i can assure that this set works. I opted for roost to keep me healty and to have more chance to setup, Max hp here helps a lot. In fact, its true that Jirachi and Tyranitar resists Acrobatics, but sometimes they cant even break my substitute, so its not a real problem. Heatran can be more problematic since it can phaze you with roar or just hp ice you, but you can beat it in other way. Skarmory and Hippodown both can come in and phaze you, but they have to be careful against Tornadus-t. Other steel like Bronzong, cant do much against Gliscor, the one with hp ice sometimes are even setup fodder for this set, since Roost can turn the weakness into x2.

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD
-Swords Dance
-Rock Polish
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Ice Punch

This core works very well in a meta where most defensive teamslots are devoted to checking Rain. Any stall teams still around are wrecked, Swords Dance up with both and sweep through teams. Offense is also easy, as Rock Polish Terrakion outruns all of the meta and just gets those kills with Rock Gem+Stone Edge, while Luke uses Extremespeed to move first. The sets are easy: Double Dance Rock Gem Terrakion is one of the Meta's biggest threats, able to outrun almost anything or break through just about anything with a Rock Gem and Swords Dance boosted Stone Edge. Luke runs it's standard set, Adamant for full power, Life Orb for power, Swords Dance, Close Combat for STAB, Extremespeed for strong prio and Ice punch for coverage. This teams loves hazard support and doesn't really mind hazards on its own side, but both fear Mach Punch from Breloom, so I would probably bring a counter, like Celebii. Overall, a very potent core.
Just saying, if you have rock gem on terrakion you can already baitkill gliscor (otherwise there is no reason to use it, maybe Slowbro or Skarmory) so you can use Bullet punch instead of Ice punch, to kill scarftar, terrakion and gengar. In fact i think that ice punch cant do anyghing else than catching a gliscor in predict.

Temp V1

Movin' at the speed of life and I can't slow down
Alright, so for the new Dark Horse Project I used Landorus-T as my Dark Horse, and with great success being the 2nd fastest to finish the challenge, and the reason that I elected to use him as my Dark Horse, besides the fact that hes fucking awesome, is that I had an idea for a defensive core that could fit on a range of different teams. The core; Specially Defensive Rotom-W and Physically Defensive Landorus-Therian.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 SDef / 240 HP / 32 SAtk
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 244 Def / 64 Atk
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Sleep Talk

So the Rotom is a fairly standard Specially Defensive Rotom, which I believe is becoming a lot more popular than the choiced variants due to the way it mercilessly counters the vast amounts of Offensive Rain teams running around in the current meta. EVs are quite straight forward, 240 HP to ensure it lives 3 Seismic Toss', provided no prior damage, a bit of SATK investment to help it pack a little more punch, in the rain even with such a low investment that Hydro Pump wrecks shit, and then the rest into Special Defense, because its a Specially Defensive Rotom. 0 Attack IVs because it often takes Tornadus-T's Hurricanes, and we all know it doesn't confuse 30% of the time, still wondering when its going to officially get changed to 200% >.>
Moveset is very standard for this, Hydro Pump for a great offensive STAB option, Volt Switch for working in tandem with Landorus, whilst providing a very useful secondary STAB, Will-o-Wisp to act as an annoyer, I know its got shaky accuracy, but I found that I'd rather have it than Thunder Wave, and finally Pain Split as its most reliable form of recovery. Pain Split has saved me quite a few times through good prediction, so thats why I say its more reliable than Rest, although ChestoRest Rotoms do work quite well also.

The Landorus set is by no means a creation of mine, although I did give it my own little mark. Its more or less the traditional (can I say that given its still so relatively new?) Defensive Pivot set, which is in my opinion the best set by far, and so the EVs reflect that. An Adamant nature was used over Impish because with the HP and Defensive investment it already has plenty of bulk, coupled with intimidate, so the extra punch that Adamant packs is quite appreciated. The moveset is once again almost the standard cut, although I have opted to use Sleep Talk over Stone Edge. I know a lot of you may think that its really quite an amateur idea in theory, although in practice it works incredibly well. QuakEdge is one of Landorus-T's biggest selling points, however I felt comfortable enough that the vast majority of players would expect that, so lets say they didn't know I was a bulky set and it was in against a non boosted Dragonite without Multiscale, they're switching out nine times out of ten. Sleep Talk allows Landorus to truly be a great Breloom counter, as it can come in take the Spore and lower Breloom's attack, then you can roll the dice trying to get U-Turn or Rocks, if they aren't already up, or you can just switch to something to take on the weakened Breloom. Whilst this has introduced some elements of luck into some of my wins, the Sleep Talk move is that which I would have gone for had I been awake, so I look at is taking something that tends to make it a 5-6, and straightening that out. Of course a lot of you will still obviously prefer to just use Stone Edge as we all know how effective that is.

The combination of Rotom-W and Landorus-T is actually an incredibly solid one, if you look at the synergy the only type that can potentially give you any trouble is Grass, due to it being Rotom's only weakness, and neutral to Landorus, so if using this core make sure you factor that in. The two also form a pseudo VoltTurn core, which is very nice, because whilst not being incredibly fast, they are quicker than most other defensive cores, so being able to switch around like that really exploits their great synergy as much as possible. Rotom deals with all the common Rain teams, while Landorus wrecks most Sand, and quite a lot of Sun teams. Obviously there are teams that the combination won't beat, but even for a defensive pair I often find they will grab upwards of 3 KOs per match, so the last four members of your team could include only one dedicated offensive mon and you'd still find success.

Great defensive core for a bulky offense or Balance team, in or out of weather, not sun, give it a try sometime ;)

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Bumping this thread with a core that I love using.

[pimg]385[/pimg]
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful / Calm Nature
- Body Slam / Thunder / Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Iron Head
- U-turn / Protect / Fire Punch

[pimg]232[/pimg]
Donphan @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def (these EVs let Donphan deal 50% min to 252/0 Dragonite with a broken Multiscale)
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi and Donphan work fantastically together, each absorbing hits from their respective sides of the spectrum. Donphan sets up Stealth Rock and spins hazards while Jirachi passes Wishes to keep Donphan alive. Both of these sets are pretty flexible (SR can go in Jirachi's last slot if you want Donphan to use Stone Edge, for example) but their roles stay the same.

Bump, I guess it could be alright to ask a question.

What wallbreaking core do YOU use?

Personally I use:

Challomence (Salamence) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Chopper (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 20 Atk / 112 Def / 120 SDef / 252 Spd
Serious Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Greene (Keldeo-Resolution) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Calm Mind

It's not perfect but it works..
If you have any suggestions by all means go for it.

This core is really underused despite how effective and annoying it is.

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

+

Tentacruel
@ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect

This criminally underused core features one of the deadliest Pokemon in OU: Kyurem with Toxic Spikes. Although Kyurem's seemingly more powerful brother, Kyurem-B, recently became unbanned, Kyurem still has an interesting niche with its slightly higher Special Attack and most importantly, Pressure. Pressure coupled with Toxic Spikes turns Kyurem Kyurem into a killing machine. The most common checks to Kyurem are beaten with the combination of SubRoost or Toxic Spikes, meaning that when put together Kyurem becomes lethal. Do you think your Bronzong a hard counter versus Kyurem? Think again, your Gyro Ball only has 4 PP and Kyurem can attempt to freeze or just PP stall you and switch out. The same applies with Ferrothorn; however, Kyurem actually beats Ferrothorn easily due to its Grass-typing negating the Ice-type resistance that its Steel-typing gives. The pink blobs lose 1v1 against Kyurem with Toxic Spikes up since the 56 HP EV's allow for 405 HP Substitutes. This allows you to have a residual damage HP number coupled with 101 HP Substitutes, turning pink blobs into black and blue blobs. Tentacruel is no slouch either in this core and does several jobs besides just setting up Toxic Spikes. For beginners, both Tentacruel and Kyurem have great synergy together.Tentacruel can absorb Fighting-type, and Steel-type moves for Kyurem while Kyurem can absorb Electric-type moves for Tentacruel. Tentacruel counters Scizor, a common check to Kyurem, as well as things like Conkeldurr, Breloom if it runs an Ice-type move / Poison-type Move, etc. Tentacruel's Rapid Spin support mitigates Kyurem's Stealth Rock weakness due to its known reliability as a spinner. This core is begging to be put on a rain team. Not only does Tentacruel gains its ever-so-important Rain Dish, but Kyurem can serve as the team's counter to persky Electric-types, Rotom-W especially. Both members of the core can also beat Ferrothorn which is helpful for rain.

The crux of this core is the use of Toxic Spikes. Because of this, the core strongly dislikes opposing Poison-typed Pokemon that could absorb Tentacruel's Toxic Spikes. Another flaw in the core is Kyurem's vulnerability to common STAB's. Rock-type moves, Fighting-type moves, etc. are omnipresent in the OU Metagame, making Kyurem's life not as easy he would of had wished. The core also dislikes opposing Lati@s and dragons. Politoed and a steel-type Pokemon such as Jirachi are fantastic partners for this core. Overall, despite the core's flaws it is a very underrated and powerful core that maybe you should try out.

This core is really underused despite how effective and annoying it is.

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

+

Tentacruel
@ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect

This criminally underused core features one of the deadliest Pokemon in OU: Kyurem with Toxic Spikes. Although Kyurem's seemingly more powerful brother, Kyurem-B, recently became unbanned, Kyurem still has an interesting niche with its slightly higher Special Attack and most importantly, Pressure. Pressure coupled with Toxic Spikes turns Kyurem Kyurem into a killing machine. The most common checks to Kyurem are beaten with the combination of SubRoost or Toxic Spikes, meaning that when put together Kyurem becomes lethal. Do you think your Bronzong a hard counter versus Kyurem? Think again, your Gyro Ball only has 4 PP and Kyurem can attempt to freeze or just PP stall you and switch out. The same applies with Ferrothorn; however, Kyurem actually beats Ferrothorn easily due to its Grass-typing negating the Ice-type resistance that its Steel-typing gives. The pink blobs lose 1v1 against Kyurem with Toxic Spikes up since the 56 HP EV's allow for 405 HP Substitutes. This allows you to have a residual damage HP number coupled with 101 HP Substitutes, turning pink blobs into black and blue blobs. Tentacruel is no slouch either in this core and does several jobs besides just setting up Toxic Spikes. For beginners, both Tentacruel and Kyurem have great synergy together.Tentacruel can absorb Fighting-type, and Steel-type moves for Kyurem while Kyurem can absorb Electric-type moves for Tentacruel. Tentacruel counters Scizor, a common check to Kyurem, as well as things like Conkeldurr, Breloom if it runs an Ice-type move / Poison-type Move, etc. Tentacruel's Rapid Spin support mitigates Kyurem's Stealth Rock weakness due to its known reliability as a spinner. This core is begging to be put on a rain team. Not only does Tentacruel gains its ever-so-important Rain Dish, but Kyurem can serve as the team's counter to persky Electric-types, Rotom-W especially. Both members of the core can also beat Ferrothorn which is helpful for rain.

The crux of this core is the use of Toxic Spikes. Because of this, the core strongly dislikes opposing Poison-typed Pokemon that could absorb Tentacruel's Toxic Spikes. Another flaw in the core is Kyurem's vulnerability to common STAB's. Rock-type moves, Fighting-type moves, etc. are omnipresent in the OU Metagame, making Kyurem's life not as easy he would of had wished. The core also dislikes opposing Lati@s and dragons. Politoed and a steel-type Pokemon such as Jirachi are fantastic partners for this core. Overall, despite the core's flaws it is a very underrated and powerful core that maybe you should try out.
This is one of those cores that does not seem all that threatening on the surface but that really really comes through in practice. Subroost kyurem is just really underrated overall, and with tspikes not much short of like SpDrachi can take this thing on out without losing a mon. I really recommend trying it, it destroys slower teams and is almost guaranteed a kill every time it comes in vs. offensive teams.

This is one of those cores that does not seem all that threatening on the surface but that really really comes through in practice. Subroost kyurem is just really underrated overall, and with tspikes not much short of like SpDrachi can take this thing on out without losing a mon. I really recommend trying it, it destroys slower teams and is almost guaranteed a kill every time it comes in vs. offensive teams.
No. Not even Specially defensive Jirachi can stop it. All Kyuem has to do is use life orb instead of leftovers. Jirachi will be 2hkoed. Best part about the core is that Kyurem can kill opposing poison types with earth power(tentacruel) or Ice Beam(amoonguss).
220+ SpA Life Orb Kyurem Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Jirachi: 203-239 (50.24 - 59.15%) -- 76.56% chance to 2HKO.
Let's see what happens with Stealth Rock up:
220+ SpA Life Orb Kyurem Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Jirachi: 203-239 (50.24 - 59.15%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

I have always preferred Life Orb on Kyurem. It seriously needs that power. Leftovers doesnt help too much. Kyurem can stall out Blissey without leftovers. It isn't really necessary. Life Orb grants some much needed power:
220+ SpA Life Orb Kyurem Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 380-452 (98.7 - 117.4%) -- 93.75% chance to OHKO.
220+ SpA Life Orb Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 165-196 (46.87 - 55.68%) -- 78.52% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
220+ SpA Life Orb Kyurem Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor: 164-194 (47.81 - 56.55%) -- 85.94% chance to 2HKO. Guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock.
What was that people used to say before? Kyurem is beaten by steel types? Hell no!
Stalling is doable even without leftovers. Watch this replay:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou2458104 - vs ganj4lf. Kyurem stalled out starmie after a scald burn without leftovers!
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou5265526 - Rain teams often have nothing to deal with Kyurem. Blissey was successfully pp stalled and the guy was getting tired. He forfeited.

I forgot to mention that Kyurem also has an awesome natural bulk!
252 Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 52 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 281-330 (69.55 - 81.68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.
Kyurem KOs Breloom immediately afterwards. I am usually able to keep Kyurem at full health.
How well does Hydreigon take mach punch?
252 Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 0- Def Hydreigon: 312-369 (95.7 - 113.19%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Hp/232 Def/24 Spe
Nature: Impish
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 Hp/16 Atk/252 Def
Nature: Relaxed
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Roar

These pokemon have great synergy in that they cover eachother's weaknesses very well, have great defensive stats with the ability to phaze and rack up on the hazard damage. One is immune to toxic while the other is immune to t-wave.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind
-Earthquake
-Slack Off

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
Nature: Bold (-Atk, +Def)
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
-Spore
-Stun Spore
-Giga Drain
-Clear Smog

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
252 HP/224 SpD/32 Spe
-Body Slam
-Iron Head
-Wish
-Protect

I've been using this as the defensive side of a balanced sand team and it's been working very well. It's Specially Defensive Hippowdon+ Physically Defensive Amoonguss + Specially Defensive Jirachi. The aim of this core is to spread paralysis and sleep among the opponent's team to make way for sweeps by teammates that appreciate the free turns to set up subs or boosting moves, while also providing residual sandstorm damage to wear the opposing team down and check threatening weather sweepers. Amoonguss' regenerator, Jirachi's Wish passing and the general bulkiness that is Sp. Def Hippo keeps these guys alive and kicking for a long time more often than not. The paralysis that this core tends to spread also helps a lot with how slow it is. With Genesect gone, this core can take care of the what I consider to be the biggest threats in the meta: Terrakion, Keldeo, and Tornadus-T (Not Keldeo as much but Amoonguss is at least a solid check). It's good to pack a Levitator or a Flying-Type though, because there are no ground resistances/immunities in this core

Wouldn't it be ideal to make Amoonguss specially defensive and Hippo Physically defense?
Yeah, that's the standard iirc and is completely viable and usable, but I've found my preference on this team is for Hippo to be Sp. Def so it sticks around longer/ has more varied switch ins/ is a better combatant to Politoed and Ninetales in the sand. And I like Phys. Defensive Amoonguss because it's an excellent check to Breloom/Terrakion that and it still tanks Hydro Pumps and Scalds pretty well thanks to the resistance and the max invested base 114 HP, even if there's no Sp. Def investment. Especially if the sand that this Hippo is so good at providing is up.

I see the weakness to uber-strong water attacks that a Sp. Def Amoonguss could help with, but I have a Latias on this team too so I guess that's cheating :)

Just comes down to personal preference. Cheers.

Now that gene is banned i would definatly run physically defensive on Hippowdon and speical defense on Amoongus to help you you with rain.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Spd / 224 SDef
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Protect

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar

Specially Defensive Jirachi, Bulky SD Gliscor and Defensive Wish-passing Vaporeon. It is an efficient core that provides good defensive synergy, as:

-Gliscor is immune to Ground and saves Jirachi’s metallic ass;
-Gliscor is immune to Electric and neutralizes one of Vaporeon’s weaknesses;
-Jirachi and Vaporeon take godly Ice attacks aimed to the poison bat;
-Jirachi takes well Grass attacks that hinder Vaporeon;
-Vaporeon takes Water aimed at Gliscor and HEALS by doing that;
-Vaporeon takes Fire directed to Jirachi like nothing.

As you can see, each member of the core optimally cover the other’s weaknesses. Jirachi places SR, Vaporeon can make big Wishes and rack up passive damage with Roar, Gliscor packs a good punch. This core is really functional, as not only they all are really bulky, but can also pose a reasonable offensive presence (especially Gliscor) or spread statuses with reasonable percentage of success.

or
@life orb
timid
252special attack 252speed 6hp
-draco meteor
-psyshock
-roost/surf
-hp fire

@expert belt
niave
28 attack 228 special attack 252speed
-Close combat
-Hp ice
-Stealth rock
-Thunder wave/volt switch/taunt

This core is a rather intresting one. Not only dose cobolion resist all of the lati's weakness, but the lati also resist his. An added bonus is while the lati are both specially orientated, cobolion is physically which allows them to take the hits for one another nicely and cobolion will find plenty of time to get up SR or spam thunder wave. Cobolion also deals with the lati's counters such as tyranitar and is bulky enough to stand up to dragons that get a DD, paving a way for a lati sweep.

I have a set in mind for Lucario, but I can't seem to find a solid core to work with him. Any suggestions?

Lucario @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Offense and Defensive cores are welcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)