OUTC Round 2 (Entries Open, see post #94)

Status
Not open for further replies.
johnnycrying
joeyboy
lavos spawn

honourable mentions neliel & princess bri (overcoat forret is pretty sweet, rest of the team is a bit BORING LIKE A BOEING)

plz don't pick on name brands only

PS cool thread idea and thanks for the team ideas to all the posters...

Neliel

Sacred Sword
This thread is stupidly ridiculous. I admit I liked the idea at first but I didn't expect to see this many bias people here riding on dicks of people who are ''well-known''
this happens often there is something to vote, but if you think about it, a "lavos spawn" (random person you are referring to i guess?) to become "well known" had to show that he is best than the other, so i cant say its not justified that people vote for him.
Something to avoid random votes would be to give proper justification of a certain vote, but still i dont think you can say anything more than "its original", "it wins" or stuff like that. I also have the feeling that sometimes people voted for me (in other topics) just because i have a badge (like it matters that much..) so please dont vote for me if you dont think that my team its not worth the vote.

MX42 : I really like this team. It really makes good use of toxicroak and thundurus. it has good defensive synergy and it puts tremendous pressure on the opponent.

Usatoday : I like the defensive use of cresselia. I think this is a nice anti-weather team with a focus on using weather against the opponent. It is a very nice use of the core.

Dice : very nice hail team. You use the core very well here. it has nice defensive and offensive synergy. Very original and exciting.

Neliel : I'm kinda feeling robbed by this to be honest lol, i mean everyone voted for someone with a badge, Heist is the only one to have really voted for my team and he's a respectable player to me, i'm not really mad because for example dice team etc is cool and stuff, but i think my team got a pretty good shot in the top 3 lol.

I really think that if the vote was blind (like the participants sends their teams to the OP by PM and he posts it ), it would've been really different, but that's the game i'm not mad at that.

(i'm johnnycrying btw, back on my main account)

Neliel : I'm kinda feeling robbed by this to be honest lol, i mean everyone voted for someone with a badge, Heist is the only one to have really voted for my team and he's a respectable player to me, i'm not really mad because for example dice team etc is cool and stuff, but i think my team got a pretty good shot in the top 3 lol.

I really think that if the vote was blind (like the participants sends their teams to the OP by PM and he posts it ), it would've been really different, but that's the game i'm not mad at that.

(i'm johnnycrying btw, back on my main account)
I dont think you are allowed to have alts? did that rule change?

But i think that team is cool if it makes you feel better :)

I used an alt because i wanted to play the ST incognito because i lost my password and i got some problems and stuff, but i don't need it anymore. ( i just used Johnnycrying for the ST, not 2 accounts don't get me wrong lol )

Thx, but that's a game, i'm not gonna be hurted by that lol, i made it in 10 minutes for fun, but i had to ask a lot of people to watch it to have a feedback, and i actually think it deserves to look at it a little bit more eheh.

Patolegend!

Fan of 1000 Arrow 'Slash
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Neliel - I've just got reqs with this team, NOBODY expects fly on Land-T, its such a beast, like Agility Thundurus-t. Maybe Smack Down could be used instead of Stone Edge though, to hit Rotom and Skarm on the switch?

johnnycrying - loving the use of Smack Down Landorus-T, and just a generally well-built team.

Princess Bri - Hail + Overcoat Forre :pimp:

this happens often there is something to vote, but if you think about it, a "lavos spawn" (random person you are referring to i guess?) to become "well known" had to show that he is best than the other, so i cant say its not justified that people vote for him.
Something to avoid random votes would be to give proper justification of a certain vote, but still i dont think you can say anything more than "its original", "it wins" or stuff like that. I also have the feeling that sometimes people voted for me (in other topics) just because i have a badge (like it matters that much..) so please dont vote for me if you dont think that my team its not worth the vote.
Yeah, we get this problem every time any kind of vote happens. I'm not saying Lavos, Dice, kd and co's teams aren't deserving of a lot of votes, but this clearly is just bandwagoning in a lot of cases. And btw, well-known battlers getting the win just on the basis of their name is completely against the aim of this competition, which is trying to emphasize diversity and creativity.

I don't want to force people to provide justifications, because that will just result in us getting fewer votes; or get people to submit by PM, because even though I could then post the teams myself so they'd be essentially anonymous, it takes a lot of the fun and purpose out of the project. Basically, I don't have a great solution, although I think if I keep the entry period slightly shorter for next time, the fewer entries will encourage people to actually look through every team.

Another possibility is PM voting, which stops bandwagoning at least. Thoughts?

I think PM voting could work i really don't care which kind of approach we take, but it seems like it will make different results which are probably going to be good(Thats my thought). They also made a little cup version of this where they send PM's, so i think sending PM's would be the best way to go to stop bandwagoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)