OUTC Round 2 (Entries Open, see post #94)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to stop bandwagoning don't show who builded the team until after the voting process has taken place.

I mean you could have the people who want to take part in this pm you the teams then you could post them here with no name attached and after voting you reveal the names of the people who build the various teams.

Oh ok ModestGarchomp i was confused i was like how do you do that. Also how do you know which team to vote for if you don't know the teams lol. That what i was thinking but now i understand

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MX42
Cabol
Joeyboy

I think sending teams via PM is the best way to avoid "bandwagoning", which is something to be honest I don't quite get. Are people saying KD's and Lavos' teams aren't good? That they don't deserve the votes they get because of some justification that because the user is "more well-known" they're getting free votes. Look, if [insert well known player here] had posted a team of Gyara/forre/electivire/infernape/blissey/ditto and still won I'd be in agreement that he won via his name; but guess what, they don't. They submit well rounded, interesting teams. I think making this assumption that people bandwagon vote is kind of degrading to our community, makes the posters look like mindless zombies.

If you want to stop bandwagoning don't show who builded the team until after the voting process has taken place.

I mean you could have the people who want to take part in this pm you the teams then you could post them here with no name attached and after voting you reveal the names of the people who build the various teams.
Yeah let them PM you the teams and the host of this thing can put the teams on the thread without mentioning who made them..

@Joey - I don't think there's any question that the teams which are being voted for are interesting and very solid, but most people doubt that they are that much better than the rest that they're the sole recipients of votes.

Mmm originally I was totally against PM submissions but I'm willing to give it a go for the next round. My concern is that it's just going to me spamming teams in here, I can't see much involvement taking place beyond submitting a team and voting, which is probably at least as bad a result as the current (perceived) bandwagoning.

Anyway, 1 and a half days left of voting to see who comes out on top :)

Okay, voting's over and the runaway winner is Dice's Hail team with 22 votes(!), which will be added to our Hall of Fame. Congratulations to everyone who submitted a team for this round, there were some fantastic entries and a lot of creativity and teambuilding expertise on show.

Round 2 in which I significantly boost my postcount

We're going to be trying something different for this round. Instead of competitors' posting their teams in this thread as before, I'm going to ask you all to instead PM your teams to me (in the same format as before, an importable and a team description / justification). Let me just emphasise that - entries are by PM only. I will regularly post the team's I receive in this thread, so hopefully the good discussion we had going in the first round can continue. Anyone who mistakenly submits their team in this thread, I'll send you a PM asking you to remove it and you'll have two days to do so (or before entries close) before being disqualified.

Anyway, enough rules. Our two Pokémon for this round will be:

Good luck, have fun, and if I see a whole bunch of Fighting HO teams clogging up my inbox tomorrow I will hang myself and then there will be nobody to run this project. So be creative please!

Entries will close 28th of June

Round 2 in which I significantly boost my postcount
lol

I like this pairing, Alakazam and Breloom have a lot of the same checks / counters (Latias, SpDef Celebi) so they make a good offensive core. Testing a team now and I'll probably submit later today.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
ugh.. its not that easy to not turn the team into some ho with that core... whatever ill try anyway

Team 1

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Signal Beam
- Thunder Wave

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 140 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 56 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 88 HP / 100 Atk / 20 Def / 196 SAtk / 8 SDef / 96 Spd
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SDef / 60 Spd
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

This team is around a Keldeo+Kazam+Loom core. Indeed, Kazam with Signal Beam can effectively lure Celebi, Loom can take care of Uglycent for Kazam and Keldeo.
I didn't play Toxic Orb Loom just to look cool here. Absorbing status will be really useful for this team. Think about it, a Rotom-W is in front of me, I'm afraid of the WillOWisp, I can only switch to Keldeo or Kazam, which are both massively screwed by Volt-Switch.
I needed to get rid of Skarmory, and Landorus-T. A specially based Chomp will do the trick just fine, and lure those two pesky walls early on. Then I needed a Steel able to check Mamoswine decently. That's why Scizor.
Finally, I wanted an extra insurance against Volcarona, and I figured that Nite would also appreciate the departure of the physical walls lured by Chomp.
That's it, for a weatherless, it has an ok match-up against Sun offense thanks to Kazam taking care of Venu, Nite, and Chomp. But it's also fine against Rain thanks to Keldeo, Breloom, and Nite.
The TWave on Kazam is here to stop a set-up pokemon (like Gyarados) in a pinch.
I'm sorry that the team doesn't sound too creative in its pokemon.

Team 2

Breloom@Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Nature: Jolly
- Low Sweep
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

Say hello to the first part of the core we had to utilise: Breloom. This is a standard set with simple concrete aims: to spore and sweep. Technician+Life Orb with the coverage makes it very dangerous, especially so with Low Sweep, crippling “counters”.

Alakazam@Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spd/4 HP
Nature: Timid
- Psyshock
- HP Ice
- Signal Beam
- Psychic

This is part 2 of that core, Alakazam. This alakazam is a twist on the standard set, with both Psychic and Psyshock, enabling it to beat a lot of mons. Now you might ask, what about Focus Blast? The simple answer is that it is not necessary: any Ttar is never switching into alakazam because predicting the switch, zam can always bring in breloom which spells doom thanks to spore.

Scizor@Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Nature: Adamant
- U-Turn
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

This is part of the secondary core of the team: VoltTurn. This set is not standard but is fitted to the purpose of the team. Superpower helps beat out mons like Heatran which can otherwise wall a sizable portion of the team. Bullet Punch helps it revenge kill choice-locked mons or weakened mons. U-Turn is to scout out any incoming mons like Gyarados and switch to Rotom-W. Lastly, Roost enables Scizor to heal off any recoil and helps toxic stall certain mons.

Rotom-W@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP/56 SpA/220 Spd
Nature: Modest
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-o-wisp
- HP Grass

The second part of the core, Rotom-W forms a brilliant partnership with Scizor, with Scizor decimating counters to Rotom-W like Celebi and vice versa for mons like Gyarados. It can also beat out Landorus as well as hard-countering Politoed and co. HP Grass is used to beat out other Rotom-W as well as Gastrodon.

Salamence@Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SpA
Nature: Naïve
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Meet the late-game cleaner of the team, Salamence. This beast can come in on non-Scarfed dragons(easily found out with the aid of Alakazam) and wreck havoc, as well as clean up late game with Outrage.

Jellicent@Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpD/252 HP/4 SpA
Nature: Calm
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball

The two most common Scarfers, Keldeo and Latios need to be dealt with before Salamence can wreck hell. So why not have Jellicent beat both? Jellicent can come in on choice-locked Keldeo, heal with Water Absorb and proceed to Toxic the switch. With recover, it walls Latios to no end and can also beat out a Latios with a surprise Shadow Ball. Scald is the customary STAB and with the burn chance cripples mons like Terrakion.

Team 3

Tyranitar (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 156 SAtk / 80 SDef / 8 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Breloom (M) @ Fighting Gem
EVs: 112 HP / 168 Atk / 4 SDef / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 112 HP / 160 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass] / [Ice]
- Dragon Pulse / Explosion

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Sacred Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Icy Wind

Alakazam (M) @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

This team is based around Alakazam sweep, even tho Tyranitar is on the team, don't get it wrong, it's not at all based around it, I feel like i'm playing a weatherless with this team.
So like I said before, everything is made for a Alakazam clean-up : a spD hippowdown / scizor bait (Tyranitar and Latias for Scizor and Scarfrachi), a Gastrodon bait (Heatran), a Celebi /Lati@s bait ( Breloom does incredible damage with focus punch+fighting gem+ Hp bug Keldeo are da manz ), the goal of the team is to weaken all his counters, set up a CM ( you can use charge beam btw, but i don't really like it ) and close the deal, he can also revenge kill a mon in the early stages of the game. The team is really offensive, prediction is the main thing to have to pull-out a victory, or you gonna have a bad time if you let a powerful sweeper like DDGyarados set-up.
Some sets explanation : BulkyScarf Heatran is great, he is powerful, quicker than most of non scarf mons, the EV spread helps to tank overall damage, outspeeding pokemon faster than Alakazam and Dugtrio is not worth it anyway. Outspeed Dugtrio is huge to avoid being swept by a Sun by the way.
That Breloom is a set I saw from Remedy's RMT, you're outspeedping spD Rotom and Focus punch+Fighting gem is goddamn powerful, able of killing things like Latios, Skarmory or Celebi, a really good thing for our friend Zam.
If you wanna change something, you can use Scarfrachi over Tyranitar ( and put SR on Heatran ), but you'll loose a lot of offensive power to revenge kill things, and 2 Scarfed mons in a Heavy-ish Offensive Team is not that great.

Team 4

Breloom @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Gastrodon @ Choice Specs
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Roar

This team is based around getting a charge beam alakazam sweep. All of the pokemon serve to take away pokemon that keep him from sweeping. Breloom starts off by taking away one pokemon off the bat. With focus sash it can come in on a slow pokemon and set up spore.... Then it can think about putting huge holes in the opponents team. For instance say if you spore a skarmory on the first turn and then they switch out into a Special defensive celebi on your SD. You can then blow open that celebi for huge damage with bullet seed if you get a lucky roll. We want alakazam to only use focus blast if he needs to so we want to take ferrothorn out at any chance we get. Tyranitar is there to take out lati@s and hit ferrothorn and skarmory for super effective damage if they think we are banded. Chople berry is there to deal with gengar better if we want to finish off with lando. Speaking of lando... lando has a u-turn set that can bait and kill celebi and damage lati@s really good so that alakazam always gets the KO on it without hurting the sash. Keldeo teams are played around with gastrodon and breloom but usually you want to always make sure that you spore something so that they always have 1 less pokemon to worry about. Once keldeo is dead you really don't have any problems sweeping the rest of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)