Please play D/P on January 12th.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
There have already been extencive checks done to get in there. There's nothing.
Yeah, I guess if there's anything there, you'd find it by walking through walls, etc. Oh well...

I'm sure this is going to be some horrible letdown on the 12th. But, I can't help but hope for the best!

i beleive the whole paragraph refering to 'aspirations' was just him asking about if anyone had new year's resolutions. i don't really even think its a clue to the Jan/12 date at all.

but hey i could be wrong, just speculating. i hope this is gonna be good.... whatever it is.

Well, if you want to get philosophical, his "New Year's" resolution could be for his birthday. <_<

I agree that tempered expectations would be best. We're probably getting hyped up about nothing.

"Born on January 12th 1968" It's his 40th Birthday. Yay for him. If he stuck something in the programming I'm guessing people would have found it through hacking so it must be a wi-fi thing, unless he just wants everyone playing his game on his birthday.

serveral site thinks its something to do with wifi and the fact he says aspiration twice in his post maybe something to do with the that azelf is found at ( maybe an azelf event?)

Official Nintendo Message:
Please play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl on January the 12th, we will delete all your saved files, hide your DS, and then hack all your Pokemon, so the whole Smogon Community is going to hate you...

I read somewhere that it might be a Mystery Gift which puts a Slowbro in Pal Park with a special moveset. Since it is Masuda's BDay and that is his favorite Pokemon, apparently. Might make sense.. Damnit even if it is something small being forced to wait is killing me haha

It's currently 1:39 AM, Saturday morning, Janruary 12th in Sydney, Australia (I'm 16 hours ahead of Cali).

Mystery Gift upon Start up > Wifi > Nothing.
Game Director in his house @ Lake Valor > Nothing.
Normal Wi-Fi > Nothing.

It's currently 1:39 AM, Saturday morning, Janruary 12th in Sydney, Australia (I'm 16 hours ahead of Cali).

Mystery Gift upon Start up > Wifi > Nothing.
Game Director in his house @ Lake Valor > Nothing.
Normal Wi-Fi > Nothing.
I'd assume they'd start up whatever it is when the 12th hits Japan. I mean, since this was written by someone in Japan, it' make sense for him to be referring to his own time zone.

I sure hope this is something good.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Do you know this picture? The message in the bottom about Dragonite says (according to a friend) "saikyō class pokémon present, January 15th~February 14th", and "saikyō" means "stronger".

Could it be... Thick Fat Dragonite?

And I hope Masuda didn't try to fool all of us...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)