Point Buy II - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What that statement means is that lets say there's a matchup

x vs y

10 people have bet for x.
And x wins

We will tally the 10 bets and we will have 500 points. Now each person will receive only their share of money.

If you are bet on, you will not get any extra points. Only the people who bet on you will get points. NOT YOU
So basically the 50 points that I betted on myself, I won't be making any profit out of it? Its just adds to the pot so others can make a profit?

So if 20 people bet on me, this adds 1000 points to the pot. Plus my 50 points. Making it 1050 points.
2 people bet on Iris, this adds 100 points to the pot. Plus Iris' points. Making it 150 points.
Total Points in Pot = 1200

Whoever betted that Iris will win, now make 1200/2 = 600 points. A 550 point profit.

Whoever betted that I will win, now make 1200/20 = 60 points. A 10 point profit.

So if I lose, then everyone that betted on me loses 50 points. And if I win, then everyone earns a 10 point profit?

===

This also goes against other popular predictions. If you're all betting on the same popular person. You're basically making a much less profit than what you're betting.

Betting on JabbaTheGriffin and tophway and myself. That gives me 150 points to spend.

Edited with EW's update in mind.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
So basically the 50 points that I betted on myself, I won't be making any profit out of it? Its just adds to the pot so others can make a profit?

So if 20 people bet on me, this adds 1000 points to the pot. Plus my 50 points. Making it 1050 points.
2 people bet on Iris, this adds 100 points to the pot. Plus Iris' points. Making it 150 points.
Total Points in Pot = 1200

Whoever betted that Iris will win, now make 1200/2 = 600 points. A 550 point profit.

Whoever betted that I will win, now make 1200/20 = 60 points. A 10 point profit.

So if I lose, then everyone that betted on me loses 50 points. And if I win, then everyone earns a 10 point profit?

===

This also goes against other popular predictions. If you're all betting on the same popular person. You're basically making a much less profit than what you're betting.
THERE IS NO POT?
Earthworm is making it seem complex
if you bet on someone, you're betting for your own self. It will not benefit or be a loss to anyone else.
Thats it.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
For clarification purposes now that I'm confused: if you make a bet on someone and they win, then you and everybody else that voted on them gets an even share of what money was in the pot? I was confused because that means if people bet on you and you win, you'll make less than a 50 point profit, meaning you can start a round with less than 100 points, contradicting the OP. EDIT: Ok thanks for the clarification.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
There is no pool.

If you bet on me and I win, you get 100 points.
If you bet on "x" and he wins, you get 100 points

So basically, you earn a 50 point profit for betting correctly. Since you also bet on yourself for winning, you also earn a 50 point profit for winning. Betting incorrectly will earn you nothing.

That's basically it. There is pool or pot.

Also guys, when you're posting your bets here you're basically telling your opponent how many points you have left to purchase an OU Pokemon (if you're purchasing one). Like if you're posting all your bets with 300 points here, then you're basically telling your opponent that you're using an UU team.

Though you can take advantage of this by lying and making your opponent into thinking that you're using a full UU team.

Ever think that people are deliberately doing that? How do you know the people that are posting here aren't also making private bets on top of it?

Ever think that people are deliberately doing that? How do you know the people that are posting here aren't also making private bets on top of it?
Yep.

Also @ Badal:

You stated nothing about betting more than 50 points on someone. What if I want to bet 100 points on someone to win instead? Can I do that? And if I can, then will I earn double if I win the bet?

Or is every bet 50 points?

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
That is not legal.
If you post here, its counted as a public bet. You can't lie. You will be d/q'ed for that

@Arin:
First of all, all bets made on other matches must be exactly 50 Points, no less, no more.
Read Rules moar

That is not legal.
If you post here, its counted as a public bet. You can't lie. You will be d/q'ed for that
Why is that legal? You stated that all bets must be sent to Earthworm through Private Message in order for it to count.

Someone make 6 bets on this thread obviously tells the opponent that he/she intends to use a UU team. While if there's the possibility of lying (through legality), then that would be considered a deliberate strategy and have the opponent 2nd guessing. And if you make that illegal, then the opponent is just taking advantage and the people posting predictions here are making a mistake.

While you also stated:

Bets may be made publicly (in-thread), or privately (by PM). Even private bets, however, will be announced in-thread by Earthworm or myself, but we will not announce the name of the better, just the amount, and on who.
You're not going to make private bets public. So everyone that's publicly telling their opponent's their bets are also telling them how much points they intend to use to purchase a OU Pokemon or that they will be using a full UU team.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why is that legal? You stated that all bets must be sent to Earthworm through Private Message in order for it to count.

Someone make 6 bets on this thread obviously tells the opponent that he/she intends to use a UU team. While if there's the possibility of lying (through legality), then that would be considered a deliberate strategy and have the opponent 2nd guessing. And if you make that illegal, then the opponent is just taking advantage and the people posting predictions here are making a mistake.

While you also stated:

You're not going to make private bets public. So everyone that's publicly telling their opponent's their bets are also telling them how much points they intend to use to purchase a OU Pokemon or that they will be using a full UU team.
What I mean is Lying about your bets
For ex:
posting something here whereas PM'ing us with your bets is illegal.
none of what you said is illegal -.-

I meant making like one bet in thread and then making more bets via PM. That isn't illegal is it? So long as I stay in budget.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
I meant making like one bet in thread and then making more bets via PM. That isn't illegal is it? So long as I stay in budget.
I am not too sure about that, I will have to check with Earthworm (or you can check with him- timezones). And then get back to you on that one

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah if this is the case then why have public bets at all? I'm going to refrain from posting mine until this is all cleared up.

What I mean is Lying about your bets
For ex:
posting something here whereas PM'ing us with your bets is illegal.
none of what you said is illegal -.-
So, I made my actual bet through PM to Earthworm. Why can't lie on this thread and tell everyone else that I'm betting on people I didn't bet on in actuality?

You or Earthworm won't be taking the bets that I post on this thread into account. Only the bets that I've PM'd Earthworm. So I don't understand what makes it illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)