Point Buy II - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I hate this system. Everyone is betting on me.

So if 20 people bet on me (including myself), that's like 20 x 50 = 1000 points

And 2 people bet on Iris, that's like 2 x 50 = 100 points

If I win, then everyone and I will earn 1100/20 = 55 points = A 5 POINT PROFIT

While if Iris wins, then everyone that wagered on him will earn = 1100/2 = 550 points = A 500 POINT PROFIT

=======

GUYS THIS ISN'T FAIR. IRIS IS A DAMN GOOD PLAYER TOO. HE JUST DOESN'T HAVE THE POPULARITY HERE. PLEASE BET AGAINST ME! :'(
shut up and win so i can get my points

Okay bet's:
50 on me
50 on reachzero

Will make team tonight then pm SilentEcho to arrange a time that suites both of us

Sorry about the confusion everyone, to answer questions:

There IS a betting pool for each match. I don't know why it isn't in the OP, I must have forgotten to include it. However, the compulsory bet against the House is entirely separate to the pool, meaning you will always get 100 points if you are not eliminated from the tournament.

Example:

Earthworm vs lotuspirate
chaos vs Serebii
Jumpman16 vs badalcristiano
DougJustDoug vs X-Act

Earthworm bets 50 on himself against the house, 50 on chaos, and 50 on Jumpman16. DougJustDoug bets 50 on chaos and 50 on badalcristiano, the opponent of Jumpman16. X-Act bets 50 on chaos, 50 on Earthworm, and 50 on Jumpman16.

chaos wins, and since there are no bets against chaos, the House puts 50 points up automatically. Earthworm, DougJustDoug, and X-Act split the pot of 200 points (50 from each of them and 50 from the house) between them, giving them 200/3 points each, rounded down to 66 points each -- a 16 point profit.

badalcristiano somehow topples Jumpman16, so DougJustDoug gets the pot of 150 points all to himself -- a 100 point profit.

Earthworm beats lotuspirate and X-Act consequently receives 100 points, because once again the House put up 50 points. He gains 50 from his bet.

So to sum up:

The point totals of the battlers in a match are not changed at all by outsiders' bets on their match.
Betting on a match nobody else bets on will earn you 50 points profit if you are right.
Betting on the favourite will earn you under 50 points profit if you are right.
Betting on the underdog will earn you more than 50 points profit if you are right.

You ARE allowed to make 'fake' bets here and also send bets by PM, but please add a note in the PM that the ones in the thread are not to be counted just so I don't make a mistake. All bets will be posted at the end of the betting session (but not who made them), and the deadline for battling announced at that time (it's going to be 12 days, please contact your opponent in advance).

edit: Maugoross has been subbed in for SOMALIA.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion

There IS a betting pool for each match. I don't know why it isn't in the OP, I must have forgotten to include it. However, the compulsory bet against the House is entirely separate to the pool, meaning you will always get 100 points if you are not eliminated from the tournament.

Example:

Earthworm vs lotuspirate
chaos vs Serebii
DougJustDoug vs X-Act

Earthworm bets 50 on himself against the house, 50 on chaos, and 50 on Jumpman16. DougJustDoug bets 50 on chaos and 50 on badalcristiano, the opponent of Jumpman16. X-Act bets 50 on chaos, 50 on Earthworm, and 50 on Jumpman16.

chaos wins, and since there are no bets against chaos, the House puts 50 points up automatically. Earthworm, DougJustDoug, and X-Act split the pot of 200 points (50 from each of them and 50 from the house) between them, giving them 200/3 points each, rounded down to 66 points each -- a 16 point profit.

badalcristiano somehow topples Jumpman16, so DougJustDoug gets the pot of 150 points all to himself -- a 100 point profit.

Earthworm beats lotuspirate and X-Act consequently receives 100 points, because once again the House put up 50 points. He gains 50 from his bet.

So to sum up:

The point totals of the battlers in a match are not changed at all by outsiders' bets on their match.
Betting on a match nobody else bets on will earn you 50 points profit if you are right.
Betting on the favourite will earn you under 50 points profit if you are right.
Betting on the underdog will earn you more than 50 points profit if you are right.

You ARE allowed to make 'fake' bets here and also send bets by PM, but please add a note in the PM that the ones in the thread are not to be counted just so I don't make a mistake. All bets will be posted at the end of the betting session (but not who made them), and the deadline for battling announced at that time (it's going to be 12 days, please contact your opponent in advance).

edit: Maugoross has been subbed in for SOMALIA.
Since I was fed misinformation about this before I sent in my bets and it greatly affects how I bet (I'd bet on people with votes against them if I knew they had a half decent chance), can I change my votes?

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
A 24 hour extension is handed to everyone to re-post their bets if they wish.

Sorry for the confusion

Example:

Earthworm vs lotuspirate
chaos vs Serebii
DougJustDoug vs X-Act

Since both Chaos and Serebii betted 50 points on themselves to win, this amount doesn't add to the pool?

The winner will only earn 100 points for winning (a 50 point profit)?

Also, the substitution problem wasn't clarified. What if I bet on lets say ABC to win his match against XYZ. XYZ is inactive so he's substituted for RST. Now it's ABC vs RST. But, now I wished that I didn't bet on ABC because he's up against a different opponent now. Am I allowed to change my bet? If so, then what if almost 90% of all the battles are completed. How will I be able to change my predictions?

Like for example: Iconic vs Shaymin Man

I bet that Iconic wins. But then Shaymin Man is substitute with kd24 (who's on the top of the sub list). Now it's Iconic vs kd24. Does this mean my bet is still on Iconic? Because this doesn't seem fair.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
betting 50 on JabbaTheGriffin, Megan_Fox, Arin, Hanke and Eo ut Mortus

I'll message manav95 soon and set up a time to battle

final new bets:

50 on myself
50 on iris
50 on eo
50 on jabbathegriffin
50 on silentecho
50 on locopoke

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
activity post to say I've made contact with LinisKorean and we will be deciding on a day to battle.

Bets on (50 each):
me
reachzero
Jabbathegriffin
Eo
Bluewind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)