Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Because maybe
just maybe
for once in their lives

they will have these moves be new egg moves, have these Pokemon be male and be the only way to pass these moves on.

...well I think it'd be nice....
Well, if I still hope for Snow Warning (weak) Kyurem, I guess this is also acceptable

Yeah... doubt that's happening. They haven't changed the type chart in four generations, why bother changing it now?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
An advertisement for a new guide has revealed all 8 gym leaders for BW2:

Cheren, Homika, and Shizui are new gym leaders who have been revealed previously. Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, and Drayden make a return.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Could just be an error -- this is a super easy thing to test and verify once we have the games.

This would spell problems with BW & BW2 compatibility for battling. For now, I'm assuming it's an error :)

Mario With Lasers

I refuse to accept they'd change the type chart to make Ghost neutral to Bug and outright ignore Water, Dragon, Ice, Poison, Psychic and Steel

refuse

Yeah typos do happen. The English bw guides had keldeo,meloetta and genesect listed in the names. Though the typos happen with the English ones more often.

If that is to be believed, Stellar (and I personally do believe it), that means that Cilian and co are no longer leaders. That info, paired with screen shots of the Shadow Triad returning, may mean that the rumours that the 1st gym leaders and the triads are the same people.

breh

強いだね
Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm liking Follow Me Blastoise. The more Follow Me users available, the better. It'll be a shame that it gives up neato moves like Fake Out, Aqua Jet and Muddy Water, but it still gets Scald and Bulldoze I suppose.
Why are you worried about its spread moves? Rain gains an extremely good user of Follow Me. Surf/Follow Me/Protect/Ice Beam seems great on rain; hell, it's probably good in general with its fantastic defenses.

Zard still sucks and Venusaur can't have Weather Ball with Chlorophyll :/

Agreeing that type chart is hopefully a typo.

I'm hoping that the shadow triad AREN'T the Striaton leaders. I don't know if that's the way it'll be though...

Also, if they are the Shadow Triad, what does that make Cilan in the anime? That's an interesting plot hole to fix.

You never know. According to Bianca, the triplets were the only Gym Leaders that she couldn't contact at the end. Maybe that's because they're actually the Shadow Triad.

'shudders'
There's actually quite a bit of evidence that the Striaton Triplets are the Shadow Triad in the manga Pokémon Adventures/Pokémon Special. Whether or not this reflects anything in the games is up for debate, however.

Yeah typos do happen. The English bw guides had keldeo,meloetta and genesect listed in the names. Though the typos happen with the English ones more often.
Really? *checks*
My Hard Cover BW Guide has Keldeo and Meloetta listed in the Pokémon Name section (as "Words you can use in the Easy Chat System"), but not Genesect. Still, that's kind of a big goof... though if I never looked at those words before, I wonder how many other people with the guide never checked before either.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
There's actually quite a bit of evidence that the Striaton Triplets are the Shadow Triad in the manga Pokémon Adventures/Pokémon Special. Whether or not this reflects anything in the games is up for debate, however.
Yeah in the manga Pryce is stuck in an alternate dimension, it doesn't affect the games storyline at all.

Anyway according to Bulbapedia all the berries you couldn't get will make a return in BW2. So that AgilityPetaya Empoleon and Custap Wobbuffet and etc. would be a thing again.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
In the official Pokemon Platinum guide, it said to make sure to use a Ghost type against some E4 or gym leader's dark pokemon. I didn't know jack about type matchups back then, so I just did it.

And died.

A lot.

Even the official guides have typos.

In the official Pokemon Platinum guide, it said to make sure to use a Ghost type against some E4 or gym leader's dark pokemon. I didn't know jack about type matchups back then, so I just did it.

And died.

A lot.
In the original games the manual had a type chart that said Ghost was super-effective against Psychic.

Any eight-year-old who charged into the Saffron City gym with a Haunter or Gengar discovered that 1) Ghost attacks did no damage to Psychics, despite what the manual said; however, 2) the only Ghost attack which used the standard damage formula was Lick, rendering point 1 moot; but 3) all the ghosts in Gen I were part-Poison, so they were weak to Psychic-type attacks.

Actually if the whole ghost doesn't resist bug thing is true, I can see why they did it; it gives Spiritomb and Sableye a weakness. Still, it doesn't make any sense to do it now since the compatible issues, so it's probably a typo, but I can see the reasoning to do it.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I am so much hoping that they make Roost a tutor move. It would be awesome on Sacred Beast Landorus and Torandus. Some other pokes that would love this move are DW Gliscor, Ho-Oh and Lugia, and Volcarona.

Mario With Lasers

You never know. According to Bianca, the triplets were the only Gym Leaders that she couldn't contact at the end. Maybe that's because they're actually the Shadow Triad.

'shudders'
He said the triplets not being Gym Leaders anymore would be a hint for them being the Shadow Triad, and I said that it doesn't make sense because we already had the Triad in BW, when the triplets were Gym Leaders. If they are the Triad now, they were the Triad in BW already. So no, it's not a hint or an evidence of anything.

In the original games the manual had a type chart that said Ghost was super-effective against Psychic.

Any eight-year-old who charged into the Saffron City gym with a Haunter or Gengar discovered that 1) Ghost attacks did no damage to Psychics, despite what the manual said; however, 2) the only Ghost attack which used the standard damage formula was Lick, rendering point 1 moot; but 3) all the ghosts in Gen I were part-Poison, so they were weak to Psychic-type attacks.
Actually, if I recall correctly, the developer's intention WAS for Ghost to be SE on Psychic, but they fucked up something (lol RBY) and it did no damage instead.

Also, wanna see something really cute?

That's from a FRLG guide, if I recall correctly. They hadn't even held that new move contest yet and, coincidentally, the move chosen (DRACO METEOR) was almost the same as this Meteor Rain move.

That might be from the D/P guide, I'm not sure.

Something also from the FR/LG guide: TM10 is only mentioned once in the entire guide, in the TM list. Under "Location", it simply says "unlockable", which makes no sense. (It's actually only obtainable through 5% Pickup, so it's reasonable that it's never mentioned elsewhere in the guide.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)