1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by RBG, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Progeusz

Progeusz

Clay created whole PWT, I think he did quite much.
  2. Present

Present

@KarateF22 I can't find any confirmation, but I guess she does. The mechanics between BW and BW2 did not change drastically, so I guess that they, just like in BW, will respawn after defeating the elite four again if you did not capture it. So I would advice you to beat the elite four once more and see if it re-appears. I am almost 100% certain that they do re-appear.
  3. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

i was under the impression that Clay's only role was to demolish the cold storage for the PWT
  4. Tofu

Tofu

Just a quick question.
    In Castelia sewers, how do i get to the grassy patch where Castelia city pokes can be found? do i need surf?
  5. Alice in Strings

Alice in Strings

Nope, ya gotta beat the PlasBAAADs first, then it'll be near that area.
  6. Antihaxxer

Antihaxxer

Just in the south of the Plasma Grunts, there are stairs blocked by a man until Plasma Grunts are beaten
  7. Drakiar

Drakiar

Are people here also doing the "Magnemite Coil", for Join Avenue? :P
  8. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Yes. Such a simple idea but works so well.
  9. Progeusz

Progeusz

Yes. I like it the most when Magnemites have names. Cool Pokeballs or some held items are nice touch as well.
  10. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

Feel like a rookie but I really think somethings messed up in my game. I got Therian-Landorus in b2 and took it everywhere in the area you get the mirror in, but I can't get that guy to appear that should be in front of the shrine. Did I miss something or is something wrong with my landorus?
  11. BdB4445

BdB4445

A few things I noticed that disappoint me severely:

-Challenge Mode, on the long run, does not feel any more challenging. I haven't made it to the Elite 4 yet (with some updated moves and items like Scarf Chandelure), but I really don't think I have something to worry about.

-This game finally made me realize how low the stats are on opponents' pokemon (I'm assuming just no EV's whatsoever). My Starmie outsped an Accelgor at the same level and my arcanine outsped a scolipede while 1 level above. Granted, I EV trained close to perfection, but that's ridiculous.

-The intensity of the Kyurem battle isn't near in proportion with the intensity of the Storyline. Two legendary dragons fused together got OHKO-ed by a Hi Jump Kick from my Scrafty (lv 55 vs lv 55).

I just thought I'd share some disappointing things (Probably nothing new either). I am still enjoying the game very much (almost done with 2 complete E4 runs), but it temps me to purposely use worse pokemon for the sake of challenge (My team selection was pretty OP this time around).

I named my Magnezone "Star Wars." It was my favorite pokemon to use after that, and clearly the best.
  12. Drakiar

Drakiar

Indeed, such a simple idea! But GTS isn't updating. Every time I search I see the same trainers, and when I try to trade it says: unfortunately this pokemon has been taxed to another trainer.. it's very annoying! :/ EU White 2...
  13. Progeusz

Progeusz

GTS is unfortunately glitched, there are so many dead requests...
    Search in US for Any, 1-10 and 11-20, there should always be 1-3 new guys.
  14. Drakiar

Drakiar

Ah.. shit. Is it a bug in the rom/game? Any way, thanks :)
  15. Progeusz

Progeusz

Probably Nintendo's fault, they still can't into Internet. You're welcome.
  16. Manic Martini

Manic Martini

Another option is to search for other countries every other time. Since most people search US and Japan it seems, those interested in the Magnemite craze in Australia, Canada, and Mexico as examples are often easy guaranteed trades. And there's usually a greater chance of newer faces when you search US the next time.

That's been my experience at least.
  17. Drakiar

Drakiar

Thanks guys (and girls:toast:) I'll keep my fingers crossed..!
  18. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

I search Australia and UK and get heaps of trades
  19. TsukasaSIGN

TsukasaSIGN

if you go into GTS negotiations, the other person will appear in your avenue too, you dont even have to trade with them. I did that + magnemite stock exchange for a couple hours last night
  20. Drakiar

Drakiar

Really? Just by starting a GTS Negotiations and then quit, Join Avenue gets a +1? ;P
  21. frogoholic101

frogoholic101

Which is better in game between Snivy and Tepig? I used Oshawott in the first game and I'd like to pick a different pokemon this time.
  22. Progeusz

Progeusz

Every starter is bad compared to other alternatives from the same type. If you decide on playing with starter, Oshawott is the most solid of them, Tepig slightly behind and Snivy definitely the worst (he still looks the best)
  23. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus

Jeez, you sure do get the Master Ball early in this game..
  24. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Probably because there's 2
  25. BdB4445

BdB4445

What dictates that Snivy's the worst? He is a great neutral attacker in my experience. Coil, Leaf Blade, and Return is all you need to fight a good majority of pokemon (especially in the E4). Granted, I also see Samurott as a very solid starter.

Emboar, on the other hand, is outclassed as a physical, special, or mixed attacker. He is too frail and slow to use his fighting typing well. Hammer Arm and Superpower are usually useful with a bulky or fast attacker. Emboar is neither. Brick Break is a PWT TM and focus blast doesn't come til later. His only advantages are Head smash and potentially heat crash.

My opinion is he is just too easy to substitute, unless you are desperate for a fire and fighting type on your team.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)