Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

I have a question regarding Challenge Mode. My brother has it unlocked on his Black 2, and I want to start my White 2 with it activated. Should/can I do this before I actually start a new file (my game is untouched), or do I have to start a new game and quickly save/turn off to activate Challenge Mode (ala Memory Link)? I don't want to start my White 2 and send the keys over only to find out Challenge Mode doesn't work.
You can do it before ever pushing New Game if you wanted to
It's what I did!

You can do it before ever pushing New Game if you wanted to
It's what I did!
You're absolutely certain? The way I understood it, it was dependent on the file (hence why deleting your file erases the key). Searching online results in people insisting you need a save file beforehand as well. Supposing I started the game, saved the first opportunity I could, activated both Memory Link and Challenge Mode, and continued playing, there would be no problems and I'd have both activated?

You're absolutely certain? The way I understood it, it was dependent on the file (hence why deleting your file erases the key). Searching online results in people insisting you need a save file beforehand as well. Supposing I started the game, saved the first opportunity I could, activated both Memory Link and Challenge Mode, and continued playing, there would be no problems and I'd have both activated?
I did it the first time I booted up White 2. I never even went through Juniper's speech and it worked just fine.
So I'm pretty sure yes
I dunno about Memory Link, though, I forgot to do that until starting the actual game.

If I had to guess the blank slate of the game is already a file in progress, I guess? So it can link with things before then and it will work off of it. But restarting the game just defaults everything or something?
I'm no expert on how these games are put together.

Memory link can be set up before you officially start the game as well, yes. I did that before I went through the opening tutorial speech.

Hard to say, it should be lower than 60 if you want to get any sort of challenge however it's rather hard to achieve considering Gen V Exp system, I used Repels all the time and still ended up overleveled with my 5-Pokes party.

What is the normal level before Elite four? My team is at level 57, and I don't know if I should train them more.
If all of them are at level 57, then you won't have much difficulty defeating them. They all have only 4 pokemon, most of which you can easily take down. Iris is slightly more difficult, especially her Haxorus. If you have pokemon that can counter her pokemon, then you won't have problems.

For the record, this is pretty much the first game I matched/had close levels with the elite four while only using trainers (And I guess four audino along the way) to level up. 5th gen in general seems to have some easier endgame trainers.

I stepped in with a team of level 56s, and didn't have any huge problems. Though to be fair I had a move or three for everyone.

I had a team barely above level 50, and I beat the E4 members easily, except for Shauntal. Iris was harder, but I was only troubled greatly by Haxorus.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
How good efficient are the Therians in-game?

If you get them as soon as possible, that is. Do you have to have the first badge?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How good efficient are the Therians in-game?

If you get them as soon as possible, that is. Do you have to have the first badge?
No, you can use Nintendo 3DS Link with your dream radar and get them before your first badge. They'll arrive at level 5 with no badges.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Tornadus-T, Thundurus-T, and Dialga, all wreck up to the first badge (that's all I've been playing through with them in order to trade wondercard Pokemon and restart). Uproar and Dragonbreath are dangerous moves on monsters with ridiculous stats.

Thundurus-T is the best of the three I've tried. Pick Tepig so the rival has Oshawott, which can be destroyed with Thundershock.

Is there a limit on the amount of EVs that you can get from cafes?

I was EV training Genesect, so I gave him to eat 10 Calciums, 2 Secret dish D and 3 Power lunch D. All those should have put him to 256 Sp.Atk EVs, capping him for Sp.Atk. Similarly done for speed stat, but Bianca tells me he can try a little hard. Furthermore, feeding him Sp.Atk and Spd wings keep having an effect but the game doesn't allow me to feed him additional power lunches D/F.

Is there a limit on the amount of EVs that you can get from cafes?

I was EV training Genesect, so I gave him to eat 10 Calciums, 2 Secret dish D and 3 Power lunch D. All those should have put him to 256 Sp.Atk EVs, capping him for Sp.Atk. Similarly done for speed stat, but Bianca tells me he can try a little hard. Furthermore, feeding him Sp.Atk and Spd wings keep having an effect but the game doesn't allow me to feed him additional power lunches D/F.
Additionally, I've tested my results with iv calculators before and after the drug consumption. I know that he should have 31 IVs in all stats and iv calculator confirmed it. Then I tested again with 255 EVs in Sp.Atk and Spd, and the iv calculator once again confirmed 31 IVs in all stats.

I guess I can assume that he was maxed out in EVs but this is just so weird that I didn't bother saving and came to seek for info.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
If you can still feed Genesect wings, then the stat is not maxed out. I frequently check with wings when I'm at 252 in a stat and seeing if after three wings, there's no effect. How many wings did you try giving Genesect for a single stat?

Additionally, I've tested my results with iv calculators before and after the drug consumption. I know that he should have 31 IVs in all stats and iv calculator confirmed it. Then I tested again with 255 EVs in Sp.Atk and Spd, and the iv calculator once again confirmed 31 IVs in all stats.

I guess I can assume that he was maxed out in EVs but this is just so weird that I didn't bother saving and came to seek for info.
You want to calculate the EVs, not the IVs. (Although, IV calculators that work based on stats can't distinguish 4 EVs from 1 IV.)

Hmm, now I'm wondering if EVs settle immediately upon being added via Join Avenue, or if they settle on level-up like in DPP. Shouldn't be too hard to test, but I haven't even started playing W2 yet, so I can't do it myself.

Just checked, Join Avenue EV grinders are added the moment you buy them. As for the not-fully-filling-the-EVs thing, I recall hearing something along the lines of "If the thing you're getting will exceed your max EVs in a stat/overall then it won't allow you to buy it for them." And if you're saying they're all adding up to 256 then, well, the last one's probably not getting used due to max stat EV being 255.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just one question on the Strange House, if I were to replay the game would I be able to get to it when I'm with the partner at Reveral Mountain or do I have to revisit once I lose them? I'm guessing the latter but if someone has tried getting there with the partner I'd love to know what happened.

Is it possible to clear the Funfest Mission "Find Shards!" Level 3? It requires you to get 32 Shards in three minutes, and I'm lucky to find 20 in that time.

I know level 4 is impossible, since it requires you to get 100 shards (average of 1.8/second) and it takes 5-6 seconds to get the shard and go through the text on the fastest setting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)